Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
12-02-2018, 02:05 PM

"Talk" "walk"

With Abaven growing the way it was, Shaye had decided it was time to sit down with Rhyme and sort out a few things. Winter was approaching, so it would be good to plan for that season, but she also wanted to go over pack related business with her Alpha partner, knowing his opinion was equal to her own in all things Abaven.

She moved through the thickets of Abaven, a territory not often used by her wolves. She could barely see past the tall grasses and gave her a sense that the world was smaller than it was. Her tail gave a slow, thoughtful swish behind her. The world constantly proved itself to be bigger then she had ever imagined.

With the thought of pack rules, and the nature of Abaven in her mind, she would lift her head and call for her second. She took a seat, thoughtful eyes gazing upwards, as she waited for the most important wolf in her life (beside her sister.. And of course, Rhythm) to find his way towards her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
12-02-2018, 03:55 PM

Rhyme felt his thoughts drift back to Tana more often than he had ever imagined possible. He found himself worried about her, something he hadn’t done for anyone but his mother. She was so tiny, and broken. He wanted to fix her, and would have given his own limbs to make hers whole. Already he had contemplated engineering some kind of splint or prosthetic for her stub. He walked along the border in contemplation when he heard Shaye’s call.

He picked up his pace, looking up to see if Imperia had noticed his sudden change of direction. She had, which he couldn’t consider surprising. She was an impressive bird, and he had come to be thankful she was there to aid him. He loped on, quickly coming to realize the thicket was not an easy place to navigate when he wasn’t on the border. He didn’t spend much time here to be honest and he wondered if that was why Shaye had chosen it. He chuckled to himself as he tried to catch her scent trail, making it a personal game to find her with out calling for help.

He did find it, rather quickly luckily, and found his way in line with the trail she had previously taken. More quickly than he’d anticipated he’d be in Shaye’s presence, and with just a couple inches he stopped before running into her hindquarters. "Whoo!” He uttered involuntarily. "Hi Shaye.”
"”

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-02-2018, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2018, 04:29 PM by Shaye I.)

"Talk" "walk"

She waited patiently in the long grass, her field of vision obscured, and a smile twitching at her lips. She anticipated Rhyme having a little trouble finding her, and knew he would relish the challenge. When he appeared suddenly in her vision, she braced herself for impact, seeing his surprise at finding her so quickly. He stopped in time, and she laughed, giving him a playful nudge with her shoulder. “Almost turned me flat.” she pretended to scold him. He was only a little taller then she was.

“Hi, heffalump” she returned to him, giving her tail a happy wag behind her. “It’s kind of cool here, isn’t it? I’ve never given this territory much exploring.” she admitted. A slight blush tinting her dark coat. She was an Alpha, and didn’t know the full extend of her territory, it was a little sad.

“Speaking of lack of knowledge - I thought we could have a chance to go over some pack things, plans for the winter, hammer out some rules, ect. In particular, I keep getting asked ‘what kind of pack is Abaven?’ i never really have a solid answer for them. What do we want Abaven to be, Rhyme?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-02-2018, 05:36 PM

Shaye teased him like he deserved when he hadn’t let himself pay enough attention. He shook his head at her, feigning embarrassment as she went on to mention how she hadn’t spent enough time in the thickets. He wasn’t sure how he felt about the land here, he had thoughts similar to Shaye though and he knew he wanted to learn them better. He didn’t want his opponents to know the terrain just as well as he did on home turf. He didn’t think about it long though, as Shaye continued on with what she’d originally called them for.

Rhyme tried to make himself switch gears, she was all fun and games a second ago and then she was on about important pack business. He thought for only a moment before answering her, something he’d known since he was a young pup. ”I’ve always known I wanted to lead a strong pack. One that could stand up for justice, promote self sufficiency, and keep those I care about safe.” He had managed to look up at the sky and stare into a time and place long gone. He saw his father Valentine standing proudly before his warriors in Imperium during its prime. That’s what he wanted in Abaven. ”But I can’t speak for you, what do you envision Shaye?
“”

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-02-2018, 05:51 PM
She could see Rhyme struggling at the change of topic for a moment, and gave another little amused tail wag. She did this to him quite a lot. She would see him, be cheeky, and then blindside him with heavy pack related issues. He always took it in stride, and didn’t comment now - except to answer her question.

She liked his answer, she really like it. She mouthed his choice of wording, pleased at her Alpha. When he turned the question back to her, she gave a thoughtful sigh. “I just wanted Abaven to be.. Home, like it use to be, for the longest time. I’ve long since realised its something new now, and needs to be something new. Since then, I’ve known that I wanted Abaven to be a pack that stands up for wrongs, that protects its people. I like the way you put it ‘Stand up for justice, promote self sufficiency, and keep those it cares about safe.’ she echoed his words spoken just before.

“That’s why you where the best choice Rhyme, you are what I want this pack to be.” she admitted, letting her thoughts trail off for a time. She tapped a claw in the earth, trying to regain her earlier train of thoughts. “I was thinking also about rules and winter, more reasons why I called you over. I think we need a good structure, some clear cut rules. Something i’ve neglected for a while.”

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-03-2018, 06:39 PM

He was glad he was able to get Shaye to think as hard as he had when confronted with the question. She sighed softly before answering his words. Though Abaven had never been home to him beforehand, he knew what she meant. He wanted the pack to be what he’d envisioned as a pup in Imperium. Strength, the power to overcome, a safe place for his family. Of course now that he was older he realized Imperium was more than just his father’s strength. It was him, Cascade, Birna, his older brothers… all of those strong wolves keeping safe what was theirs.

Shaye seemed more than pleased with what he confessed though, and mentioned as such. He sat a little taller at her praise. He knew getting his father’s pride would be a much more difficult endeavor but knowing how Shaye felt gave him a boost. She wanted Abaven to look like him. He smiled at her, trying to keep himself humble at her words.

"What should we do differently?" He asked, wondering what rules she wished to enforce more strictly or abolish all together.
""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-03-2018, 06:50 PM

"Talk" "walk"

She saw him sit up straighter, and knew he took pride in this pack and their combined leadership over it. It was good to have moments like these, where they could just go over pack business together, make decisions and just in general know what they wanted as a whole. He would question what she wanted changed with her rules, and she would take another pause.

“Well, I mean, just simple structure like - you and I can allow people onto pack lands, but members can not. That way there is no confusion on finding ‘rogues’ on the land. Hmm.. did we want wolves to come to us first before they have children? So we know our number count, and supply logistics to survive every season. What do we want to enforce? Did we want to encourage the original members to be more active and set boundaries for them? I see so little results from them. Are they working towards the betterment of the pack? Where do we draw the line with our rules and regulations.” she would explain the full structure of her thoughts

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-03-2018, 10:00 PM

Shaye was quick to point out what she meant, and Rhyme listened as she unloaded all she had to say on him. She had been thinking about all of it quite a lot apparently. While Rhyme hadn’t given them hardly any at all. No one had listed the rules out for him when he joined, he’d just assumed they were similar to what most packs held true to. Don’t go running your mouth, don’t start a war, ask permission to cross the border. Stuff like that. He hadn’t even considered that a couple would ask permission to procreate. It entailed such an intimate process, who wanted to involve their alpha with that. What about accidents? Did they expect all of their she wolves to take contraceptives?

”I don’t know if asking permission beforehand is always possible when it comes to making pups,” He stifled a guilty chuckle. ”Though we should ask that they tell us if they’re planning on trying or asking that they inform us as soon as they know they’re pregnant.” He thought for a moment before sighing and continuing. ”I know many of them don’t quite trust us yet, but I’m sure they’ve at least been adding to the kill pile.” He gave them the benefit of the doubt. ”We should be encouraging interaction though, I’m sure I haven’t had a one on one conversation with all of them. Maybe we should be trying harder to engage them.” They were the ones who were new, shouldn’t he and Shaye be leading the charge in getting to know those who had survived the occupation?

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-04-2018, 08:31 PM
Rhyme would give his own input, pointing out that it would be easy for all the wolves to give permission before making pups. She eyed him as he gave a nervous chuckle, narrowing her eyes a little. Was their… guilt, in that sound? She looked at him with curiosity but didn’t bring it up, just yet. “Alright, so we’re lax with that rule now - but if our pack reaches it’s - or near to - capacity we would have to look into it again.” Shaye said, eyes lighting up at the thought of Abaven ever having that many wolves. It wasn’t likely, at least not for a long time, so it was a low priority rule.

She sighed as he mentioned encouraging activity. “I’ve tried, with our training, which not all the members attended. I’ve tried seeking them out, calling at their dens, ect. It’s just so hard to get any of them to come out of their daydreams and into the bigger world.” she admitted, scuffing a paw in the earth. She wanted to protect these wolves, too, she just wished she saw more of them.even little Tana seemed to move more around the pack lands.

“So, wanna tell me about that nervous chuckle when I mentioned kids?”

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-04-2018, 09:32 PM

He wished she didn’t look at him like that. Technically he hadn’t done anything.. yet. Freedom was good for him though and he’d been much more free with his.. emotions. These she wolves of Boreas were difficult to turn down, and he couldn’t help but to think ahead despite not being able to think ahead. Shaye did have a good point though, when the time came they would need to be more vigilant about that particular rule, but for now there were not many pups in their future.

She sighed out her frustration as she mentioned the training sessions, and how not everyone had been able to make it. She had a point, they were both trying their hardest. Should they think about some kind of consequences? He wasn’t so sure yet. They’d barely been settled in for a season, it would take a little longer for them to come out of their shells.. right? While the thought made him a little uncomfortable Shaye’s next question was worse.

Rhyme squirmed slightly, he was reasonably sure he hadn’t fathered any pups yet, but he also didn’t doubt they were a possibility. He realized recently he couldn’t very well resist a willing girl to spend the night with. ”No real reason, just thinking about your sister and Solor.” He did his best to cover up his developing lustful ways, unsure if he wanted to talk to Shaye about such escapades.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-08-2018, 04:37 PM
He didn’t comment any further on the original members of their pack, and she let it lie. She didn’t want to make them feel like they didn’t have a home here - in fact, she wanted the very opposite. She wanted them happy, to belong, but she could not force anything. She would do nothing drastic with them, she would give them a lot longer then this to work through what they where going through.

Rhyme was still squirming, looking a little embarrassed, and, if she was to guess, a little guilty. She wasn’t yet sure what to make of that… still, she looked at him with a half smile as he was quick to point the direction of his worse to Vail and Solor. “Right, of course.” she said, her smile slowly growing as she wondered if she should continue to tease him. She decided, mercifully, to let him be. “any rules you would want to see implemented into Abaven, any idealisms, ect?”

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Shaye’s teasing teetered off as he deflected again, not sure if he’d ever feel comfortable talking about where those feelings of guilt came from with his cousin. That seemed like one secret he should keep from her. She went on though, fully intending for them to talk business while they were still together. What rules or changes did Rhyme want to see in Abaven. Again he didn’t have to think too hard.

"If anything a higher model of respect." Imperium had been much more militaristic, and dare he say disciplined? His father had not quelled at the thought of fore-claiming or maiming those who stepped out of line. Though Rhyme wasn’t sure that he would be comfortable ruling with fear. There had to be a middle ground. "I’m not one for groveling though."
""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-10-2018, 11:13 PM
He would respond pretty quickly, already having a clear idea of what he wanted. A higher model of respect, he said. And she thought about that. Abaven was a very peaceful place, lax in its rules, with its Alpha likely to shuffle down next to its members and check if they were all right. She liked that about her pack, she didn’t think rules should be aloft and above their members. Leaders where there to serve the pack, not to have the pack serve them.

Slightly distracted, she would mange to say. “Oh, well, I did consider it for a moment, but your right, it just wouldn’t be right if you grovelled to me.” she said, a half smile on her lips. “I can see where your coming from, and discipline in our warriors would be good, but only to a point, Abaven is more of a home and less of a military camp.”

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-11-2018, 02:59 PM
Rhyme could feel the lack of discipline within Abaven's borders, and he'd been debating about the solution. He knew Shaye wouldn't want Abaven to become Imperium 2.0, but Rhyme wanted his roots to show through in the way he helped rule the pack. He was much more a public servant than a king, but he could be more of a commander than a secretary.

Rhyme managed a heart chuckle at Shaye's words and continued in a good natured fashion. "I think we both know who would be doing the groveling in this relationship." He managed through his mirth as Shaye continued. He let his amusement linger on his features as he thought for another moment about his next words. She spoke truth, but being cozy and comfortable would not succeed in keeping those less capable safe.

"I want my warriors to be capable, a formidable force to be reckoned with." He had lost his smile as a seriousness overtook him. "We might have good relations with the packs surrounding us, but what about those dark places we are unable to see. What if the slavers who once owned me decide they want to reclaim their property." Not that he considered himself anything but free any longer. He moved closer to Shaye as he revealed his fears to her, "I can not be lax with our fighting force when such a threat is looming over us." If she would allow him full control of their military he would gratefully accept such a compromise. "We may not have built a military pack, but our pack needs a military."

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-11-2018, 07:23 PM
Oh really she mouthed at him, laughter in her eyes as he teased her back. When he let the conversation on discipline continue, she listened. She wouldn’t turn Abaven into a military camp, too many soft souls lived here who would not take well to the change. But training their warriors? Those that wished to learn to fight, and protect? Yes, that would be acceptable. She wanted them to be a force to be reckoned with, and she would have no complaints.

“You are the authority when it comes to fighting in this pack. You are in charge of the warriors. Picking the lead warriors is on your shoulders, and training and leading them is your specialty.” Shaye promised him. He was the most experienced, and it was why she had chosen him to lead beside her.

Santa Paws

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
NPC
12-11-2018, 08:21 PM
A Wild Santa Paws Appears!

What's that? Is it Lil Ardy dressed up as Santa? No, silly, it's Santa Paws!

Already in the Christmas spirit, Lil Ardy - err, Santa Paws, can be seen dragging a large bag of gifts behind her. As she approaches Shaye, she rummages through her things and tosses a bundle of gemstones at her.

100 Gemstones have been added to your credits!

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-11-2018, 09:54 PM
Shaye wouldn’t argue with his half formed ideas, he was fully in charge of their fighting force and he could train any who wished to be a warrior how he wanted. He’d find himself smiling, and almost feeling a weight lifting. He hadn’t realized how much he had needed Shaye to say those words. They were mostly implied, but now that he had audible confirmation. He was going to improve their ranks. He would help make them disciplined, a force to be reckoned with. "Thank you, Shaye. That’s all I needed to hear." They could have their sanctuary and the means to protect it. Rhyme was determined to make this work, they’d be able to fight for justice and protect the members that needed it.
""