Fold It

Cyrus

gems
size
build
player
12-03-2018, 07:00 PM

Cyrus Rook

Paws made a heavenly crunch as he made his way further into the copse of silent trees. The sun had yet to peek over the horizon, but there was a blush of light pink light forming eastward that promised for a show that would rival the colors in the boughs above him. Even though the leaves were muted in the wee hours of the morning, Cyrus could tell that they would be beautiful the moment the morning rays alighted upon them.

He picked his way carefully among the frosted fallen leaves and short grass, his feather-accented tail lifted up to afford him balance in his exaggerated steps. Dark-tipped ears swiveled as he listened for the smaller creatures to begin waking, their trills and tweets beckoning morning to come. The songs he heard seemed to all belong to the smaller specimens, but he could not resist looking to the tree branches above to catch glimpses of fluttering leaves and a flash of feathers.

When he was in the middle of the trees and could no longer see the field he had come from, Cyrus paused, standing stock still. This was his favorite time of day, and he wished to see how different it was here in this new land. After a few moments, he leaned back to sit on his rump, tail laying haphazardly at his side. Acid green eyes ever watched the branches, jumping from one area of activity to the next, ears twitching to catch the sounds of predawn.

The Rolling Stone

Speak | Think

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
12-03-2018, 07:12 PM

There were still so many lands, doted over the full extent of Boreas that she had yet to explore. Many of them where lands so close to home, that she had either never set foot on, or had done so only in passing. With Autumn in full swing across the lands, and Winter on its way, Shaye hadn’t taken much time to stop, and appreciate the beauty of the land. To wonder and explore as her itching feet wished she could.

So much of her life had been spent in travel, that the long months that had passed with her in Abaven, seemed so similar. Days moved on with little to mark their differences. As her small feathered companion gave a tweet, and darted through the trees of her territory above her, Shaye considered those other lands.

It was so early in the morning, that long shadows stretched out before her, and very few birds other then Feather dared wish the morning well. The Alpha had never been a heavy sleeper, and woken now, she knew exploring was on the agenda for the day. She passed through the territories of Abaven, and out into the roguelands. A lot of the immediate territories where familiar to her, but on this day she would skirt around the Volcano, and explore the lands beyond it.

This was her least-treaded destination, and there was a hint of eagerness in her breast that hinted of her younger days. The morning began to unravel around her as she walked in shadows to Redbud Nook. here she would begin to really explore, sniffing through the territories and watching it, not just for its beauty, but also for its resources and information it might provide her.

The scent of a stranger would come to her senses not long after, and a few long strides would take her into view of the man. His cream colors were pleasant to the eye, and he stood a good few inches shorter than her. Through this was less obvious, seated as he was. “Good morning” she would call out, announcing her presence to him as she took a seat at a distance, not yet intruding upon him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Cyrus

gems
size
build
player
12-03-2018, 08:53 PM

Cyrus Rook

So enthralled with the growing commotion above, Cyrus was startled by the feminine voice that bade him good morning. His frame jumped slightly, leg muscles going rigid as his natural response began to well up within him. Bright eyes flitted about the area for a brief moment before he caught sight of the dark woman. Her coat seemed to blend with the early morning shadows, and it was the markings on her face that caught his eyes first. As he registered her more clearly, he began to relax. Perhaps this was another purveyor of early dawn?

"Oh - mornin', miss." His voice was a bit rough, as it he hadn't used it much in the last day or two. He took a moment to clear his throat, chin dropping down and away as he did so, to not seem rude. There was a twang present in his tones, though it may not have been immediately evident in his hushed tones. He was never found of speaking loudly before the sun made an appearance; old wives tale, probably. "I didn't see ya there. Out to enjoy the day afore it gets started?" A warm, genuine smile quickly found its home on his dark lips as the tip of his tail twitched out of habit. He assumed that she, too, was a wanderer of the darker hours, slept during high noon, and actually enjoyed it.

"Rightly chilled it is, but I can't help but love it. Winter, though - that's another story all together." His grin widened as he spoke, seemingly unable to guess the stranger cared naught for what he thought of the impending season change.

The Rolling Stone

Speak | Think

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-10-2018, 11:28 PM

At the presence of a stranger, little Feather was quick to make her way back to Shaye’s coat, landing in the soft fur of her neck, little beak peering out at the man from beneath the shield of the Alpha’s actual feather. Blending well with the blues of that much longer adornment.

The stranger spoke politely in response to her greeting, his accent falling strangely upon her ears. He cleared his throat, and she gave him the moments he needed as she sat a polite distance away and waited for him to collect himself, once he did, he would ask of her a question. “Seemed a pleasant day for an early morning wonder.” she explained, giving a return smile to the one he offered her.

“I like the cold, actually.” She admitted, she had a thick enough coat for it, and her den was well insulated, the Abaven Territory wasn't far enough North for the rapids to freeze, and life continued on. The mornings where nippy, and prey and herbs got scarce, but she had prepared for all that. “What brings you to the Redbud Nook?” she asked of him, wondering if he could smell her pack on her.

""

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Cyrus

gems
size
build
player
12-14-2018, 06:09 AM

Cyrus Rook

Movement caught the male's lime eyes, and he glanced at the feather that seemed to naturally sprout from the woman. He could not pinpoint the source, but he assumed a little critter was snuggled close. Her words brought his attention back to her, and he nodded as his cheeks bunched beneath his eyes in another broad smile. "When's it not a lovely mornin' for a walk? Mayhaps in the rain, that can get chilly. Oh and sleet as well, I s'pose, but that's pretty darn close to rain. The snow can be downright wunnerful, if it's light enough..." His gaze trailed to the side as he rambled on, his ears relaxing to the side of his skull. It took a few moments, but he finally remembered he had company, and his eyes snapped back to the ebony woman. Black-tipped ears flattened to the side in embarrassment, and he opened his maw to explain, but his teeth clicked together when he thought better of another rambling sentence.

Instead, he decided to change the subject all together, as she had so gracefully suggested with an inquiry. "This place seemed invitin' in the distance, but truth be told I'm just wanderin' through. This whole place is new to me." As he spoke, he moved his head to glance around, insinuating that the whole of the continent was new to him. "But Redbud Nook, that sounds mighty pretty come spring. I'll have to make my way back here, iffin I can." Cyrus narrowed his eyes, looking at her nearly sideways in suspicion. "Hold a second, Redbud Nook. You're a native, or least darn near." His eyes suddenly widened as the gears began to move, switches clicking on. "I didn't catch no border, miss - sorry if I offend."

His body became more rigid as he moved his paws closer together, hoping to somehow make himself smaller. He had been without company for so long that he had forgotten his manners and how things work in the real world.

The Rolling Stone

Speak | Think

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-16-2018, 01:06 PM

Her small bird companion liked to huddle into the warmth of her coat, especially on a crisp, early morning in late Autumn. There was a chill to the air, a briskness that Shaye did not find unpleasant. Speaking of, the man was telling her about all the conditions of a good time for a walk. She couldn’t help but laugh warmly at his rambling. It was sweet, really, even if he did seem to trail off and forget her for a moment. “I enjoy the snow as well, the rain, perhaps not so much.” she admitted.

“New to Boreas, or the East?” she wondered curiously. It was a big place to explore, and was easy to get lost if you weren’t use to it. Especially if the whole of Boreas was new to him, with a lot of packs to side step around. At least the East only had Abaven. He called her a native, and she could accept the title, she was born in the East, even if she had spent a lot of time away.

When he spoke of borders and not meaning to offend, her attention snapped back to him in surprise. “Oh, your quite alright Sir. Abaven isn’t far from here, but you haven’t stepped over any borders.” she turned around a little and used her nose to point. “If you follow this steam up further East, you’ll come across my pack.” she explained.

He was making himself smaller, and seemed quite worried, and she took a step forward, concerned at how he suddenly seemed so unsure. “Your right, it’s gorgeous in the spring, but it’s pretty in Winter as well, with a layer of snow as far as the eye can see. I’m Shaye, by the way.” she said conversationally, trying to draw him back out of the shell he had withdrawn into.

""