gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

UnderachieverLegendarySnake EyesLoserOoh La LaWinner
Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipOverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!
Ooh La LaScarredCritical Block!Dream WeaverAll Oozed OutDouble Master
Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
12-04-2018, 02:29 PM
"Talk" Walk

Ignis was getting accustomed to living in Abaven. Slowly, but surely. Like his uncle, he found it to be relaxing here. He decided that today he wanted to explore a bit of the pack lands, starting with the river that was nearby. He had been here before, but not to explore it. The red boy hadn't met anyone in the pack yet besides the two alpha's and was rather nervous about meeting others. The only other wolves he knew were his immediate family. Ruina didn't have any other pups beside him and his siblings, nor other kids to play with. He wasn't sure if he was gonna meet someone today or not, but in a pack, it could always happen right? First order of business, he wanted some water. He made his way to the edge of the bank until his toes touched the cold water where he then lowered his head to drink. The water was refreshing, that much he could say. It was cool and crisp, the sound of the river nearly making him forget about the troubles he had.

Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Mammoth HunterPride - BisexualBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019Promptober 2019
12-16-2018, 11:19 AM
Corvus had seen most of the newer wolves at the few meetings Abaven had held, but truthfully he'd been too busy sulking to really take note of either but Rhyme or Shaye. He'd also seen them both at the recent fight training, which made recognizing them far easier. But besides them, he knew there were a few others in the pack that he didn't know - and today, as he was veering toward the rapids, one in particular stood out to him.

It was a boy with a shockingly red coat, brighter than anyone he'd ever seen, though his own family seemed to bear far more natural colors. Corvus furrowed his brows, watching as the youngster leaned to drink from the rapids. Sure, he wasn't quite in danger's grasp, but after hearing his father warn him about the raging river he felt weirdly protective watching a kid drink from it without a care in the world.

After hesitating for a moment, he decided to approach, clearing his throat to announce his arrival. "Uh, hey," Corvus awkwardly greeted him, moving to stand near him by the edge of the river. "Make sure you're careful by the rapids. I mean.. I'm sure you are being careful, but apparently it's a lot more powerful than it looks. I wouldn't want to see you caught in it." Was it stupid to warn him? He suddenly felt foolish, because it was probably an obvious thing, but whatever. Better to be safe than sorry, right?

Ignis

"You become the monster you fear the most"

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipOverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!
Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020
12-17-2018, 06:53 AM
"Talk" Walk

Ears flicked when he heard someone speak. the boy had been distracted by the river that he hadn't noticed the approach, but when he received another warning about the river, he decided it was probably best not to hang around it. It seemed many were worried about the river here, which led him to wonder why they still lived around it if it seemed so dangerous. "Has anyone been caught in it before?" He wasn't asking to challenge the other males words, no. He was genuinely curious as to whether other wolves had been swept up by the current after venturing too far in. The couple of times he'd been here, he remained on the bank with no more than perhaps his feet and toes dipped in the water, but this boy and another girl he'd met had warned him about the river.

He glanced at the boy then, noting that he seemed fairly normal in appearance. Ignis kind of felt out of place among the pack. He was blood red in appearance and was starting to like the odd one out. Granted, nobody treated him differently because of the color of his fur, but still. It was hard to feel anything but normal when everyone else looked...normal. "Um, my name is Ignis by the way. Thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to be careful around the river from now on."

Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

12-22-2018, 06:59 PM
Corvus wavered awkwardly on his paws as he waited for Ignis to respond to him. Instead of questioning him, something he was preparing himself for, he simply asked if anyone had gotten caught in it before. "Uhh..." Corvus tried to remember exactly what his dad had told him and his brother and sister when warning them about the rapids. Had he explicitly said anyone had died trying to cross them? Not really, but he'd definitely implied that wolves had gotten injured in it, and that he himself had nearly gotten caught in the rapids as a boy. The warning was enough for Corvus personally to stay far away from it. "My dad kind of implied that... maybe some wolves have," he offered after a moment of careful thought, shrugging. He didn't exactly want to scare the kid, but he didn't want him thinking the river wasn't a dangerous place either.

He didn't let his gaze linger on the boy's coat for long before glancing back at the rapids, feeling awkward for staring. He was growing quite used to seeing wolves that looked different than his own parents and siblings now that Shaye and Rhyme and the others had shown up in their lives. He tilted his head back to Ignis though and offered a faint smile at his introduction. "I'm Corvus. Nice to meetcha." How long had he been around here, anyway? He was obviously somewhat comfortable here now but it was hard for Corvus to place when he'd noticed his presence here. Maybe he ought to try ot pay more attention.. "How's Abaven treating you so far, anyway?" He wouldn't blame the boy for being uncomfortable here, but Corvus had lived here all his life and he was still uncomfortable. Hey, maybe he could relate to the boy just a bit, or maybe it was just wishful thinking.

Ignis

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

01-12-2019, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 04:23 PM by Ignis.)
"Talk" Walk

Ignis' head tilted slightly as he listened to the boy. He wondered who had fallen in. Even if it had been a lifetime ago and even if he would never personally know who they were, his curiosity would drive him to try and find out, just for the sake of curiosity. He stored what the boy said away, wondering if he'd be able to find his dad and ask..you know, for the sake of a history lesson and stuff. Who knew, maybe they had been Abaven wolves! And if he was going to live here, wouldn't it be important to know the names of any important wolves that had lived in the past? Then again...he could just leave well enough alone. He supposed he could sit on the thought for now.

The earthen boy introduced himself as Corvus, and Ignis stored the name away. It was a neat name, that was for sure. Easy to say and simple enough to remember. Needless to say, he liked Corvus already! "Um..." He sat back, thinking about an answer to Corvus' question. He didn't not like Abaven. He was just...bummed, that he didn't have any friends. Then again, he didn't have any friends in Ruina, either. He shrugged, wondering how exactly to answer the question. He could lie and say that he loved it...but Ignis was a terrible liar. "I dunno...I came here with my uncle and my sister because...well..." Because what? His dad and the entire pack of Ruina had abandoned him and his sister? His dad maybe didn't want him? His mother didn't want him?

He frowned for a moment, feeling like maybe he was overthinking things way too much to a question that more than likely only needed a simple answer. He found himself looking away for a moment as he cleared his throat, then changed up his answer. "My uncle said Abaven was safer. And he was right, I think." Much safer. He returned his gaze to the other boy, "It's nice here. But...it is lonely, I think. I don't really know anyone, and...I dunno, I only mostly see Shaye and Rhyme. If not my uncle and sister.." He mused. Now that he thought about it, he didn't see much of anyone else. Unless he just wasn't looking in the right places. Or they were avoiding him. Whatever the case, he felt lonely and he wasn't sure what to do about it.

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

01-16-2019, 06:49 PM

Corvus couldn't help but muse over his own words, too, and quietly he told himself he really ought to ask his dad more about his childhood. He only knew bits and pieces, though his conversation with Shaye had really made him interested in learning more about his parents. They were only getting older, after all, and while he didn't want to think about them not being around, well.. maybe those thoughts were best left for another day.

He noted that Ignis didn't seem comfortable with his question, hesitating slightly before answering. He didn't blame him. He'd probably answer in a similar way if asked how he liked Abaven these days. Ignis cautiously explained he'd come here because his uncle said it was safer. Corvus nodded in slow understanding. "He's right," he started quietly, his attention turning back to the rapids. If that was the safest part of this life, he supposed it was a pretty decent one. "It's especially safe now that the Abraxas are gone. I dunno if you knew about that, but one of them was ruling for awhile, but my aunt Sparrow was really helping him. I guess." He didn't fully get all of that stuff, but he did understand that even if things were weirder with family coming back to take over, it was definitely more ideal - and certainly safer.

Lonely, that was how he felt. Corvus could relate for sure to that point, and he nodded sullenly. "Yeah, I mostly hang out with my cousin Peggy. Even my brother isn't around that much anymore." He wasn't even sure where Aiden was off too these days, but clearly it wasn't around here. Corvus tried to stifle a sigh, but failed. "If you ever want anyone to hang out with, I'm always around. I don't go far," Corvus admitted with a low chuckle. "And I kinda feel lonely a lot of the time too, and I'm surrounded by family all the time. Go figure, right?" Hopefully it didn't seem too stupid to admit, but it was how he felt.

Ignis

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

01-22-2019, 12:22 PM
"Talk" Walk

"He's right," Ignis glanced up briefly, the feeling of hope in his chest. He certainly hoped so, because he and his sister had been through a lot when Ruina had been abandoned. The emotional turmoil was enough to make anyone sick, and he had been doing his best not to think about it too much these days. It was all he could do to avoid the sadness and anger that tugged at him whenever he thought about their father abandoning them. Corvus went on to explain that it was especially safer now that the Abraxas were gone, and Ignis didn't really know what he was talking about. He thought he remembered Shaye mentioning something about that when they first joined, but he hadn't been paying much attention. His thoughts at the time weren't the best, and he had been focused on comforting his sister through their drastic life change. He shook his head a bit, frowning. "I don't really know anything about that. I think Shaye mentioned it, but I don't know anything about it really," Whatever had happened, it was probably nothing good. Would they have still joined while that was going on? Probably not. Whatever it was though sounded not so good, so he was glad that they were gone, otherwise they probably would have still been loners and fending for themselves. He didn't like being a loner, and was much happier being in a pack.

Corvus explained that he mostly hung out with his cousin because his own brother wasn't really around. He sat back with a thoughtful look, it seemed they had more in common than he thought. Ignis only had his sister and his uncle. He hadn't seen his littermates for a while, and he knew he had older siblings but he hadn't seen them since then, either. His mother, his father... they all left him and his sister behind without a word or warning. The earthen male went on, offering to hang out with him if he wanted to, and Ignis' features lit up. Did that mean he'd have a real friend? Before he responded, he learned that Corvus felt lonely alot too despite being surrounded by family. Honestly, Ignis had felt the same way even when Ruina was there. His dad only spent time with him when he wanted to teach them something, but other than that? Nothing.

He spent most of his time with his uncle, and now it was his uncle and sister. "I understand how that is, " He really did, but he wasn't ready to go into details yet or tell others that his dad abandoned him because he didn't yet know what the reason was. Maybe he wasn't good enough for his father or something. He supposed he'd never find out until he saw Elias again, if ever. "I think...it would be fun to hang out with you, Corvus. Maybe we can train together sometime or something. Or go hunting, or... whatever you want." Honestly, he'd be happy doing anything with his new friend.

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

01-30-2019, 05:54 PM

Perhaps things in Abaven were getting better. Peggy had told him that things would get better, and for the first time in awhile he was honestly convinced she was right. It was sounding like he had a friend now, too.. or maybe just an acquaintance that he could help show around Abaven once in awhile and maybe train with. He could settle for that, too. "Honestly? I didn't pay a lot of attention to it," Corvus admitted, a bit tentatively, with a slow shrug. "My mom's been sick for awhile and my dad isn't handling it well, so.. there's that." He shrugged again, not wanting to receive pity or anything but he felt like he could admit some of this to Ignis, for whatever reason. He'd opened up a bit about feeling lonely here too, and Corvus wanted him to know he could relate, despite being born here and knowing nothing other than Abaven as his life. Hopefully he hadn't gone too overboard with the empathizing, but he was being genuine, or at least as genuine as he knew how to be. Growing us was weird and though he'd been convinced it would all make a lot more sense as he got older, he found that things were only getting more difficult.

He cocked his head slightly at Ignis's more straight-forward words. He himself wasn't good at expressing his feelings all of the time, a trait he'd inherited from his father, so he appreciated when other people could be as blunt as he wished he was. He offered a slightly goofy grin, feeling weirdly excited at the prospect of a friend. "I agree," he admitted, his gaze following the direction of the rapids before lifting back up to find Ignis. "It'll be nice to have a hunting partner. Or someone else to practice fighting with other than Peggy." He didn't know if Ignis even cared about fighting, or learning to protect himself and his family, but he supposed he'd figure out soon enough, right?