size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
12-08-2018, 07:48 PM

It wasn’t a long walk back to the borders of Abaven, but she was feel particularly fatigued after her fall, and the climb back out of the gorge. Her leg ached, through she managed to keep from limping. Her pace on the other hand, suffered. Normally this wouldn’t have been too noticeable, the height advantaged she had over most wolves offered her a longer stride, but this brute stood just taller then she did, and had to slow down to keep to her speed.

It was with great relief that she found the borders of Abaven, and paused a moment before them. “Welcome to Abaven, please, feel free to cross over, and we can go seek out my healer.” she said politely to the man who had rescued her. She continued walking, expecting he would have no issues with crossing over the border.

It was always good to come home, and the Alpha found that to be doubly true today. She found her spirits rising, and a smiling touching her lips. “We are heading to the Rapids now, thats where Vail’s den is.” she would explain as she led him in the right direction. “Through there leads to the thickets, and over there is the Serpent’s plains, the three territories make up the whole of Abaven.” she would explain to him, pointing out these things as she walked. At least her head was completely clear now, except for the fatigue.

""

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
12-08-2018, 08:44 PM
Every once in awhile Odysseus found himself getting ahead of Shaye, but for the most part he was mindful of her handicap and did his best to match her pace or lag a beat behind since she was technically supposed to be leading.

As they walked through the territory and Shaye pointed out the pack's lands, Odysseus let his gaze wander over their surroundings. He noted landmarks, the many scents that criss-crossed their path, and the general feel of the pack. All of these things he collected and tried to piece together to get an understanding of what he was getting into.

"Quite the territory," he observed. It was unusual for a pack to be so large. Two lands seemed to be standard. But three? He couldn't remember the last time he'd heard of such a large pack.

Odysseus has a male rhesus macaque companion named Olafur. Unless he's mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Odysseus.

Santa Paws

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
NPC
12-08-2018, 08:53 PM
A Wild Santa Paws Appears!

What's that? Is it Lil Ardy dressed up as Santa? No, silly, it's Santa Paws!

Already in the Christmas spirit, Lil Ardy - err, Santa Paws, can be seen dragging a large bag of gifts behind her. As she approaches Odysseus, she rummages through her things and tosses a bundle of gemstones at him.

100 Gemstones have been added to your credits!

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-08-2018, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2018, 08:57 PM by Shaye I.)

He didn’t say much, but she did raise a brow at what he did manage to get past his stoic lips. She offered him a light smile, still revelling in being home after her frightfully long day. “Thank you - i’m still working on the fulling it part.” she admitted as she continued the walk to Vail’s den. They weren’t far from her home now, and she could already see her sisters herb garden, lovely placed in good soil outside of her den.

No doubt, Ody would figure out their destination long before they got there. They his one of the snaking rapids that went through most of this territory, and Shaye lightly jumped across the smallest point, having angled their path to intersect with it. familiarity overtook her injury there, and she had no problems. They were very almost there, and she would be introducing Vail soon to this handsome stranger she had stumbled upon. Hmm, no doubt that was going to get her some teasing. With that in mind, she grinned as she turned back to her shining hero and said. “I don’t suppose you want to full one of those spots?”

He had a moment to answer, and then they were reaching Vail’s den. She stopped just outside, and gave a soft, gentle bark to alert her sister. “I’ve brought you a visitor” she admitted, so her sister wouldn't get startled by a strange voice and scent.

""

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
12-08-2018, 09:19 PM
“I don’t suppose you want to full one of those spots?” At this Odysseus exchanged a look with Oly. The greyscale macaque quirked a brow at him, but said nothing. On the way to Abaven they'd both asked questions of Shaye and learned a great deal about the pack. The pair, being nearly of the same mind, had no need to talk it over with each other. They were on the same page.

After learning everything he needed to know about Oly's opinion from their shared glance, Odysseus turned his attention back to Shaye. "I do. Abaven sounds like a good fit for us." The emphasis on justice was what had sealed it for Odysseus. Few things mattered more to him than the downfall of the wicked and the raising up of the righteous, and Abaven sounded like the place for someone who held those beliefs as closely as he did.

Finally they arrived at the den of Vail, the healer who would be making sure Shaye took care of herself. Although now that he'd joined Odysseus supposed he could still keep an eye on her.

Odysseus has a male rhesus macaque companion named Olafur. Unless he's mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Odysseus.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
12-08-2018, 09:41 PM

Vail felt like she was rearranging her herb collection for the dozenth time that day, Solor had gotten sick of her constant rearranging, though he would have never said anything he had made himself scarce from the den. Vail was kind of coping with her nervousness, she kept her paws busy at least. She might have gone on to replace and rearrange one more time when Shaye’s voice was heard outside her den. She froze for amomt, unsure what her sister might being at her door with a stranger.

Vail appeared at the entrance, taking in the two shadows camped outside. One was obviously Shaye but Vail didn’t recognize the second at all. "You have." She agreed as she looked the unfamiliar shadow over as best she could in the lower light. He smelled like a healer, and she had a faint idea that Shaye had gotten herself in trouble.
""

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-08-2018, 09:52 PM
She hadn’t actually expected him to say yes, but felt a sudden blossoming of joy in her breast when he did so. He actually wanted to join? She must have been doing something right. The stoic, gentleman would make a good addition to the pack. She needed more warriors, but a healer was always welcome. “That’s good news, thank you. You’ve already proved your worth as a healer, and i’m sure we can speak to Vail today about ranking you.” she went on to say, her thoughts already blooming.

Vail would step from her den at the sound of voices, and Shaye smiled, reaching over to give her sister a gentle kiss on the cheek. “This is Odysseus, he’s actually joining Abaven, but I brought him to use because I had a slight incident today.” she would explain, no doubt her sister could already smell the dried blood and herbs that coated her coat from the man’s administrations. “He had a few daily dosage herbs I need to apply regularly, so I thought we would check your stores.” she explained, completely glossing over her fall, but also giving her new member a chance to explain the herbs he wanted her to use to Vail, so he would see that she would indeed comply with his requests.

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
12-08-2018, 10:38 PM
Shaye made an assumption that for most wolves would have worked perfectly given what had happened between them over the last few hours, but in this instance she was wrong. Odysseus was a healer and the ability to handle wounds and illness was important to him, but he was first and foremost a fighter, ready and willing to rise to the defense of others and to mete out justice when necessary. Had Shaye needed him to fight for her in the crevice he would have just as quickly as he had rushed to offer her medical aid.

Odysseus opened his mouth to correct her just as Vail appeared. Manners forced him to exchange the correction for pleasantries. "Vail," he boomed, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

As for Shaye's comment on it being a minor incident, Odysseus harrumphed. "'Slight incident' my foot. Don't let her fool you," he cautioned Vail dryly. "She fell from quite a height and was unconscious when I found her."

He huffed, the sound far more annoyed than he really was, then said, "I've prescribed a poultice of rosemary, calendula and lamb's ear in equal parts for her wounds and feverfew for the headaches and dizziness, but as the resident healer you are welcome to make changes to my suggestions; you won't offend me."

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
12-08-2018, 11:02 PM

She leaned into her sister’s affection, giving her a smile that wouldn’t last when Ody started speaking. Shaye tried to play off their encounter as little more than a few scrapes. Vail gave her sister a critical eye even though she could hardly see anything. Her attention was quickly brought to th enew healer though. Vail’s rosy ears laid back on her head. "Goodness, I’m blind not deaf." She told him off as he expressed his pleasure in meeting her. But she couldn’t reclaim her manners as he went on to give a recount of Shaye’s folly.

Vail’s eyes narrowed at Shaye, unconscious? She could have died out there. Why hadn’t she had Rhyme at her side? Odysseus prescribed an easy enough concoction of herbs to come across, even with the winter on the way. "Well you have my thanks, Odysseus, my sister was not thinking apparently." She huffed in Shaye’s direction. "I don’t think I’d change the concoction either. You sound like a talented healer."
""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-09-2018, 02:47 PM

Vail seemed a little confused as she made her way out of the den, but Ody was quick to greet her, polite if a little loud. She couldn’t help her chuckle as Vail replied, indicating she was blind and not deaf. The sweet little healer definitely spoke in quieter tones to the packs newest healer, whos large frame and deep voice seemed rather intimidating in a healer. She wasn’t one to judge, after all her own large frame had been a nuisance more then once when she wished to comfort others, so she could understand the difficulties he might need to overcome.

She grinned up at the man now, as he chastised her for calling it a simple accident. Ok, so she knew he was going to call her out for that, and probably shouldn’t have tested the water, but it gave him a good start as a healer to point out his knowledge. She sat back quietly at let the two talk about what she would need to heal her wounds.

She knew some of the herbs, having trained in a healer at a young age, but not all of them. So it was with interest that she listened to the discussion. Shaye huffed in her direction, proclaiming the Alpha hadn’t been thinking. “Ody here is joining the pack, too, so this could be a good chance to rank him by knowledge as a healer. As you two fuss over me.” she said, an exasperated, amused, smile on her lips.

""

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
12-09-2018, 03:38 PM
The little albino's words brought a confused frown to Odysseus lips. His brow furrowed briefly as he tried to figure out what his greeting had to do with her being blind and not deaf. He was so accustomed to his voice that it didn't immediately occur to him that she found fault with it. When it did his frown deepened, not because he was displeased with her, but because he would have to make a conscious effort to change it to suit her liking. But, he reasoned, perhaps her hearing was heightened because of the loss of her sight. If that were the case he was obligated to oblige her, was he not? Odysseus made a mental note to speak softly in her presence from there on out. "My apologies," he said in a soft but brusque voice.

As for her compliment, he dipped his head in thanks - forgetting for a moment that she was blind - and then fixed his mistake by saying, "Thank you. Perhaps together we can keep her honest until her wounds heal." They were having a bit of fun at Shaye's expense, sure, but Vail's reaction to Shaye's fib convinced Odysseus that she deserved every second of it.

Shaye again spoke of testing him as a healer and this time Odysseus was quick to seize the opportunity to correct her before it could escape him. "Actually, while healing is an interest of mine, I believe I will be better utilized as a fighter."

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
12-09-2018, 04:19 PM

Vail would have guessed that Shaye might try and downplay any injuries she received in the line of duty, but she more expected them to come from fighting. How could she have been so careless falling and bonking her head like that? Vail knew she couldn’t protect her sister from harm, but Shaye needed to do better in protecting herself. Odysseus had apologized for such a boistrous greeting, though she had no doubt that was his normal tone. Abaven needed some outspoken individuals, and if that took a loud voice Vail would take the extra abuse on her ears. She flashed him a smile, forgiving him quickly.

"Fibbing to your sister is bad, fibbing to your healer is worse." She scolded as Ody offered a solution, the both of them together would make her more honest. Shaye mentioned she test his healing ability, but Odysseus was quick to correct his new alpha. He much preferred the rank of warrior. Much like their alpha cousin. "That skillset is a bit out of my range for testing," she smiled. Making motions to return to the 12th time she had rearranged her herbs.
""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-09-2018, 04:38 PM
She shook her head in mock disappear as the two spoke about keeping her honest. “Save me from zealous healers!” she pretended to look up at the sky as she said it, but then looked back at her sister and new recruit with a smile. “I suppose I can try to be more exact next time.” she allowed.

“Ah, yes, then your not quite the person I would have taken him to.” she agreed, as Vail mentioned this task not being within her knowledge. She admitted. She gave her sister a quick kiss on the check, not at all embarrassed to be showing affection to a family member, for nodding goodbye. “We have warrior ranks open as well, and i’m more than happy to accept you into them. My Alpha partner is the greater warrior of the two of us, and I can take you to him once you have had a chance to settle, so he can rank you.” she explained to the man. “Did you want me to show you any further parts of Abaven? We have a few unused dens about.” she told him. The pack had once been a much bigger place, as the large lands might hint at.

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
12-09-2018, 05:14 PM
"That skillset is a bit out of my range for testing." At this Odysseus chuckled, the sound a low peal of distant thunder. The little albino had a snappy sense of humor, he'd give her that. While the sisters couldn't be more different in appearance they shared some strikingly similar traits in personality.

"Sounds good to me," Odysseus said in response to her suggestion that he be given a chance to settle in before being tested for proficiency. Perhaps he should have been anxious about this, but Odysseus was an old hat when it came to fighting and was confident he could pass whatever test Shaye's partner challenged him with.

“Did you want me to show you any further parts of Abaven? We have a few unused dens about.” At this Odysseus glanced around thoughtfully at their surroundings. After a beat his gaze returned to Shaye. "Oh, no need. I'm sure Olafur and I can manage. Thank you, though." Unable to resist one final healer-y jab, he added slyly, "Besides, you're going to rest like I told you to, right?"

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-10-2018, 11:21 PM

His laugh was a good sound, even if was a bit booming as Vail had pointed out with his speech. It was pleasant, like listening to a force of nature, and she couldn’t help but smile when she heard it. It reminded her of storms, and of the wolf who had taught her to love them.

He would agree that a chance to settle in would good, and didn’t seem the least bit fazed at the idea. He was clearly a capable healer, and she was yet to see any indication of his fight prowess. She wondered if she could sneak a look at the two when Rhyme set his tests upon him. She bit back a thoughtful smile, and nodded her head to the man when he said they would manage just fine. “Very well, your welcome to any of the unused dens you come across, or to make your own.” That was the option Ace had taken, and she thought it had done the man good to carve out something of his own.

“Of course, rest is exactly the thing I have on my mind.” she gave him an amused smile, seeing what he was doing his gentle healer jab. “I’m going to head back to Vail and get those herbs sorted, once I leave you to it.” she explained. Then paused, giving him the chance to make any final requests of her, before she left him to settle in.

""