size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Tealah

The Ooze Participant
12-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Gwen trotted along the outside of the border wall, keeping her senses alert for activity. Anyone on this side wouldn't be trespassing, but they would still be a potential threat to keep an eye on, or at least someone of interest to talk to. Not that she didn't like the other wolves in Celestial - she did - but a change from routine was always welcome. Her pups would be going on sentry duty with the adults soon, which would not only give them valuable responsibility, it would also be more interesting to boredom-prone youths. Boredom meant they were more likely to get into trouble trying to amuse themselves. On top of that, doing something for the pack would make them feel more a part of it, and goodness knew Artur at least and likely Caelia could stand to do more integrating into the pack. When she was gone, Celestial would be all they had to lean on. She wanted them to feel they were part of something larger than themselves.

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Mammoth HunterDouble MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
12-09-2018, 04:38 PM
Brandr headed toward the borders of Celestial, a number of thoughts weighing heavily on his mind. His children were almost yearlings and with each day they were growing older and bolder. He'd talked with Corentine about their ambitions to begin life as a truly nomadic group. To live the lives their ancestors had held so closely. The news about Sparrow had hit him hard but so had the relief that Abaven had been freed from the rule of the Abraxas and so he felt he could finally let go of Boreas.

Leaping gracefully over the wall he was surprised to see Gwenevere not far off. "Lady Gwenevere, may I have a moment?"

Gwenevere

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Tealah

The Ooze Participant
12-10-2018, 06:51 AM
She was preoccupied with thinking about her children, about training, and the need to get the pack together to do so, but despite being somewhat on autopilot she had stayed alert, and so when the rustle of dead and dying vegetation announced someone coming, she paused with ears focused and nose twitching to catch the scent a moment before Brandr appeared. Ah, of course this is where the younger hunter would cross into the pack lands, with the den he shared with his mate and children near the lake. She regretted that she'd never been able to convince Corentine to join Celestial; though Brandr was a conscientious member of the pack and indeed had contributed more in his short time there than most, the bulk of his loyalties had and always would lay outside of the pack. He caught sight of her just after she'd seen him, and called out to her. She blinked, then altered course to bring her to him and sat down facing him. "Certainly, Brandr. Is something the matter?"

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

12-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Gwenevere turned and moved to sit in front of him. Brandr took those few moments to compose himself though he suspected Gwen already had an idea what this was about. He smiled softly, trying to be reassuring. "Well, yes and no. I suppose it depends how you look at it. It is good news for me but not such great news for you and Celestial. Our pups are almost yearlings and with winter around the corner Corentine and I have decided to travel farther south and begin our dream of living the nomadic lives of our ancestors. It means so much to us to explore our history and bring it back to the present, to pass it on to our children. Of course, this means I'll be leaving Celestial. I'm sorry." He really was. He knew Celestial had been struggling but he also didn't see himself as being irreplaceable. Celestial was fine before him and it would be fine after, he was sure of that.

Gwenevere

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Tealah

The Ooze Participant
12-10-2018, 08:53 PM
Gwen listened without any sign of judgement as he laid out his plans before her. When he had finished speaking, she lifted her gaze from his to rest on the wall, thinking. Finally, she began to speak in a slow rhythm. "I can't say that I won't be disappointed and saddened to see you go," she said, eyes still distant, "But I don't think either of us really expected your stay to be anything but temporary. You did tell me the day we met that you were missing living a nomadic life." She finally dropped her gaze to his with a faintly sad smile. "I also can't blame you for wanting to have the freedom to travel south for the winter like the birds," she added with a barely-forced chuckle. "I would be worried about you setting out as loners with winter setting in, but you may be doing better for food down in Auster than here. Just... take care, please."

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

12-10-2018, 09:17 PM
There was a chill to the wind or perhaps it was only his imagination. Brandr had felt like winter had been breathing down the back of his neck for the past week. He was anxious to get the family moving but also painfully aware of the poor timing of this when it came to stocking Celestial's stores. Brandr could see the distant look in her eyes as she turned to gaze at the wall. He swallowed his guilt. His membership was always meant to be transient.

She turned to him and spoke with a sad smile which Brandr returned. Parting was rarely meant to be a happy occasion. He dipped his head to Gwen. "We will, you take care as well. Thank you, Gwen, for everything." With a soft sigh he turned his gaze back toward the lake and with a fluid leap he was over the wall and onto the next chapter of his life.

-exit-

Gwenevere

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Tealah

The Ooze Participant
12-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Brandr promised to take care, then turned back to leap the wall and continue back to the lake where his family waited, presumably ready to leave as soon as they could to beat the snow. "Good luck," she murmured after him. Optimistically, she told herself that she'd see him again some day, but in her heart she knew that they would not meet again on this earth. She had too little time left here herself for it to be likely their paths would cross again.

She sighed, gazing after him a moment longer in regret. He'd been a good young man who had worked hard in what time she'd known him, and the pack would certainly be quiet without him and his son there. But he was doing what was best for his family, and for that she could never blame him. She knew, too, that it was time to do what was best for her family, and move on, knowing that he would be happier elsewhere. So, she did, pushing herself back to her paws and continuing on her patrol, though somewhat more soberly than before.

-exit-