size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
12-13-2018, 07:26 PM

The last time Rhyme had found himself following Imperia's lead she had brought him to a wandering Tana. She was quite observant if not quiet companion, easy to live with as long as he kept her fed. He was curious where she led him now. They had finished the first patrol of the morning when Imperia had veered off. She refrained from offering any signals of danger as she soared above him, but he hadn't given her any breakfast yet so her behavior struck him as odd.

Still she hasn't steered him wrong yet so the Imperialis continued. The autumn season was continuing on with the winter solstice looming before them. He didn't expect winter to take too hard a toll on the pack, if anything their food stores would flourish. He'd seen evidence of large herds and if the winter turned harsh the scavenging would be excellent. Rhyme smiled to himself as he crossed Abaven's border with Imperia flying high in the sky above him leading the way.

"”

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
12-16-2018, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2018, 01:56 PM by Shaye I.)

Shaye was on the borders, renewing the scent markers and keeping an eye on things. As per normal these days, she caught sight of Imperia before she saw Rhyme. Seeing the bird exiting the territory, the woman would get curious, and with an easy lope would make her way in that direction.

She caught sight of her cousin just as he crossed of their border. She increased her pace, and caught up with him on the unclaimed side of Abaven. She tilted her head at him in curiosity as she matched her pace to his.
“Where’s that bird of yours taking you now?”
she asked with a smile. It was easy to see that he was following the bird, instead of the other way around. Her own little Feather had stayed in Abaven, she had had enough adventures lately, first getting attacked by a Kestrel, and then watching Shaye take a tumble down a cliff. She didn’t fault the little bird for wanting to stay behind.

"Talk"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-16-2018, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2018, 06:24 PM by Rhyme I.)

Shaye was suddednly at his side, their strides matched as they followed under Imperia’s wings. She had question written all over her face before asking where Imperia might be taking him this time. He was amused that even Shaye knew the raven liked to lead him on fun adventures. Her flight patterns were different when he was after her rather than the other way around. He smiled keenly.

"Who knows with her.” Rhyme started his eyes watching her as she descended. Obviously she knew exactly where she was going though. "I have a hunch we’re headed to where we met though.”

They didn’t have much farther to go, but Imperia was already lost to sight behind the trees. Eventully they’d come to the top of the waterfall, there next to the pool it emptied into was Imperia, and ten other ravens. Two of which looked smaller than the rest, both pure white. "Well.” Was all he said amazed, before beginning to pick his way down the cliff's path.
"”

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-16-2018, 06:28 PM

Rhyme didn’t seem surprised at her sudden appearance, and they walked together comfortably as Rhyme admitted his lack of knowledge. She grinned, it seemed the birds ruled Abaven as much as they did, sometimes.

She was curious to see where the two first met, and followed after mostly in silence. They had lost the bird in the trees, but Rhyme didn’t so much as hesitate in his steps, moving up until they were at the top of the waterfall. It was an awesome sight, one that Shaye had had the pleasure to explore before now. Even the second time around, it was a pleasant sight, and she let her eyes wander across the territory, until they finally hit their destination and her eyes landed on the strange sight before them.

Rhyme took it all in stride, so she followed after his lead, walking beside him in silence, ears swivelled towards the Ravens as she tried to work out what this was all about.

"Talk"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-16-2018, 07:13 PM

Rhyme glanced back at Shaye for a moment as they went over the falls. She was silent, taking in the unexpected gathering before them. As Rhyme stepped foot on the shore seven of the birds retreated to the canopy above them. Imperia and the two younger ravens remained, watching the approaching wolves with quiet indifference as they murmured to each other.

Rhyme didn’t hesitate and quickly closed the distance between himself and the birds. Imperia lifted herself from the earth and settled on his shoulders, bringing the slate alpha to a stop. Imperia cracked loudly at his ear and he flinched. At the same moment one of the alabaster birds leapt to his shoulder. “Solitude. Crack.”

Imperia jumped to Shaye’s shoulder, her wings flapped slightly and she uttered another crack. Rhyme noticed she didn’t try and aim for Shaye’s ear. She looked like she was calling the second bird to his cousin’s shoulder.

His attention was brought back to the bird at his shoulder. It seemed young, surely just learning how to fly. Rhyme couldn’t say he disliked it though. His eyes focused on movement behind the raven’s head. The beaks of the older ravens clacked in approval as they slowly disappeared into the forest.

"”

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-16-2018, 08:23 PM
She spotted Imperia amongst the Congress, before the strangers took to wings. Leaving her there with the two smallest of the flock. Rhyme continued walking, so Shaye matched her steps to his. She was getting a slightly creepy vibe from this whole thing, and had no idea what was going on. She half expected the birds that had taken off to attack them, and was tense as she walked forward. She trusted in Rhyme however, and did not falter.

As they approached, imperia lifted herself off the ground and landed on Rhyme’s back. She saw her Alpha flinch, and glanced over at him just as a white raven stole his shoulder for a perch. Imperia moved over to her, and she could feel her talents through her thick coat. She was a heavy bird, much more so than Feather. She was glad her little bird had stayed home, considering this.. Whatever this was.

Imperia seemed to be summoning the last white bird, and she flew to Shaye’s shoulder, landing there more lightly there. Winter. Crack.” the bird cried, a mimic of Rhyme’s bird, but a different word. Shaye craned her head over her shoulder, looking at both Imperia and the white bird. “Ok, what’s going on, Imperia?”

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-16-2018, 08:41 PM

Rhyme turned his head back to Shaye, the second white bird perched contentedly, if not awkwardly, on Shaye’s shoulder. Imperia looked satisfied in herself and kept plancing at the branches above them as Shaye asked her a direct question. Imperia looked into Shaye’s eyes for a long moment, as though she was contemplating what to tell the dark alpha. ”Rabbit? Crack. Rabbit. Crack.” She offered before jumping gracefully back to Rhyme, though she took to his hips instead of his shoulders.

Rhyme turned hi sgaze from his companion back to the trees, all of the other ravens had disappeared at this point. He had no doubt they were now the official guardians of these babies. "I think feather has some competition.” He looked back to Shaye and the pearly creature on her shoulder before returning his eyes to his own bird. "Hello, Solitude.” The small bird eyed his curiously before cracking with approval.
"”

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

12-17-2018, 02:05 AM
The whole situation seemed a little surreal. She had a beautiful white creature on her back, as well as Imperia. The older bird didn’t offer her a very insightful reply, instead saying rabbit in what Shaye suspected was a request for food. Rhyme had more to say, hinting that Feather had some competition. Why?
Oh.
Oh.
“Oh my, but they are so young!’ Shaye murmured softly back to Rhyme, casting him an alarmed expression. How was she to look after such a young bird, clearly she could fly, but could she hunt for herself? Shaye had no problem hunting for her, but how to teach her? Feather minded herself, eating berries and soaring through Abaven’s safer skies. She hid in Shayes coat in winter instead of migrating - but this young bird of prey? Shaye felt more than a little alarmed. Of course, she was also honoured. “So your names Winter, aye? Well, I guess your a member of Abaven now…” she murmured to her bird, a grin on her face, despite her worries, as she started to walk, already keeping her stride carefully smooth.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-17-2018, 09:23 PM
What he assumed were relatives of Imperia's had chosen them as guardians of their odd young. No doubt knowing how much more likely they were to survive into adulthood with a pack of wolves looking out for them. Rhyme wondered if Imperia had predicted that Shaye would follow them out here. The whole thing seemed too perfect. His attention was swiftly drawn back to Shaye though, as she expressed her concern for the bird's age. 
"Probably just left their nests. No one but Imperia stayed, they've said their goodbyes." He looked back up into the canopy, he couldn't see any other ravens. They really had just been given these young birds. He wondered if he would have been able to let his children go if it meant their lives would be better. He looked to Solitude, wondering how the young bird felt about being sent away to a stranger. The young bird had Imperia, but he couldn't bring himself to say it was the same. "R'bbt? Crack." The small bird on his shoulder asked, Rhyme could only assume the child had been promised all the rabbit he could eat. "Rabbit," he chuckled as he looked back to Shaye. "We should feed out charges. Both birds on his back cracked in approval when Rhyme said 'feed.'