size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
12-24-2018, 11:46 AM
Build me up from bones, Wrap me up in skin, Hold me close enough to breathe me in

The night sky stretched languidly above her as the evening sun disappeared below the horizon. Everything was perfectly still and quiet. Not even a puff of wind disturbed the needles of the great red wood trees that stood guard around the place she was hunting for valerian root. There was a light dusting of snow already in the north but the great redwood trees sheltered the ground and thankfully she wasn't interested in harvesting anything above ground. She wanted the root of the Valerian plant and as long as she could get to the plant before the ground froze to deeply she'd be sitting pretty.

Drífa continued in her search pausing now and again to admire the stillness of the land around her. It was almost as if time itself had frozen. It was peaceful. She wished she could say the same about her life before she'd come here. The disaster that destroyed her homeland had pushed her into similar but ultimately foreign territory. Thankfully she'd had the luck to find Fyri and other wolves of the Northern culture though not nearly as many as she'd like. Mostly just Eira's kids. Drífa was hopeful though, that in a new land with a new pack that perhaps their culture could thrive once again without the risk of war and bloodshed. She could hope anyway.