Loner
Sanctuary

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
12-24-2018, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2019, 09:30 PM by Leera.)
She smelled blood in the air.

It was bright, sweet, and most definitely her own. Dark ears flat against her head, Leera looked back at her left hind leg which was caught in a small but wicked thicket of thorns. She'd been stuck there for nearly ten minutes now, the tangle of undergrowth embedded deep into her skin, and the harder she tried to yank herself free the more it tightened around her leg.

A soft, low growl rumbled in her throat. Her pink eyes watched the small beads of blood spring to the surface with distaste; being caught in the thorns was more annoying than it was painful. All around her, the maple forest breathed with the autumn wind. Leaves danced in whirlwinds, squirrels fussed in the bushes, and the sky was beginning to grow dark and inky with twilight. I'm going to be stuck here all night... she mulled, a sneer visible on the sharp lines of her face.

It wasn't that she was afraid of what kind of creatures roamed Auster at night -- she wasn't. It was the fact that she had lots to do, and that she'd only just begin, and this sitation was an obstacle that stood in the way of her ambitions. With this thought in her head, she pulled again at her leg, but the brambles held tight.

@Ivy
Leera is a mature character.
Force/violence is permitted within reason.
Plot with us here!

Ivy I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
12-24-2018, 09:25 PM
The scent of blood in the air caught Ivy's attention almost as soon as entered the grove of wildberry bushes. She'd made a point of stealing away in the middle of the night to explore the lands around Kesali's claimed territories. Somehow tonight's adventure had taken her further south than she'd anticipated, her paws carrying her over a vast sand-bridge that seemed to jut out into the middle of the ocean. Though she'd been hesitant as to what she'd find on the other sight - she'd crossed it just as night fell over the lands, obscuring anything she might otherwise be able to see in the distance. She braced herself against the bitter autumn wind as it whipped at her coat, only finding reprieve from the ocean air once she fully crossed the Bifrost and made it toward the grove.

The scent of sweet berries was strong in the air as she veered through the dense foliage, assaulting her nose and temporarily masking the stench of blood nearby. Once she caught wind of it, though, she found it difficult to ignore. If there was a threat this close to Kesali - okay, it wasn't that close at all, but close enough for comfort - she wanted to find out what it was. Without a hint of wariness in her step she navigated the unknown territory quietly, searching for the source of the smell. Only did her curiosity sate slightly when she saw the silhouette of something up ahead, seemingly smack dab in the middle of a mess of bushes. After a moment of thoughtful consideration, maintaining a safe distance, the slender female finally spoke up. "Who's winning, the bush or you?" Judging by the scent of blood in the air and the way she seemed to be engulfed by the brambles, she could only assume this stranger wasn't exactly coming out victorious yet.

Leera

Loner
Sanctuary

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
12-25-2018, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2018, 03:26 PM by Leera.)
This time, when she uses her nose to draw in the autumn air, blood isn't the only things she smells. There was something else out there. Her primrose eyes narrow as she stands still, watching the trees around her as darkness settles in quicker and quicker.

But as the scent draws closer, it's clear to Leera that there is no beast lurking in the woods. It's a wolf. A female wolf, from what she can tell. She's almost thrilled to have company to toy with, but remembering her current condition is somewhat of a dread. It isn't long before the fae shows herself, stepping into the small clearing to ask a question; a question to which Leera tightens her jaw at. "Nobody wins if you don't make yourself useful and assist me," she answers, giving a tug to her hind leg which rattles the thornbush. She subtly eyes the stranger, taking in the small details of her coat, her size, her eyes. "Cut me loose with your teeth."
Plot with us here!

Ivy I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
12-30-2018, 06:29 PM
The look Ivy cast Leera was a skeptical one, void of much amusement despite her rather playful content of her words. She had little room for nonsense in her life - taunting a stranger who had gotten herself into an odd predicament was not on her top list of priorities, even if most wolves might find it quite entertaining. Instead she merely raised a brow in question as she examined the stranger, with all the seriousness of a scholar studying something of interest to them.

The other woman's sass doesn't go unnoticed, and her brows furrow together a bit more tightly.  "No? Care to elaborate on why not?" Her question was a simple one, her tone curious as she drew just a bit closer. Her demanding tone rubbed Ivy the wrong way, truth be told, and she couldn't help but wonder who had raised such an ungrateful girl. "What's in it for me? Helping you, that is. Nothing in life is free, you must know that." Her pose is stiff and tightly coiled, like a snake just about to strike - but she makes no move to do so.

Leera

Loner
Sanctuary

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
01-02-2019, 08:20 PM
Leera watched the other femme, ears laid back against her crown. It was slightly off-putting, the way the girl had not yet come to her aid, and Leera was growing impatient. She yanked on her leg again, demanding her attention. "I'm going to get loose either way, so what's in it for you is I won't go searching for your pelt when I do."

The clock was ticking. Night was blooming. Leera had things to do and she didn't want to waste her first moments in Ardent getting lectured about the price of actions -- if anyone knew that, it was Leera. This other woman had no clue who she was talking to. "A member of your species is hung in a trap and you do not save her..." she mongers with ease and a disappointed flick of her tail. "You are no wolf of keen spirit, then."
Plot with us here!

Ivy I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
01-07-2019, 04:43 PM
If it was fully up to her, she wouldn't do a damn thing for this stranger, not without some kind of compensation. Ivy was only selfless when it came to her family - for them, she would do anything. But helping a stranger wasn't exactly on her agenda, not when it meant getting possibly tangled up in the vines herself and getting thorns stuck in her pelt. She fought the rather strong urge to roll her eyes at Leera's empty threat, though on the other hand she wasn't sure Branch would be pleased if this woman had any kind of family and they came whining to him about one of his pack members not doing something as simple as helping someone out of a mess of vegetation.

"I don't enjoy threats," Ivy started coolly, narrowing her eyes in Leera's direction. "But I have too many siblings who would gladly help you, so for their sakes only I'll offer you my assistance. Though I won't argue about your assessment of me." Though there was no hint of jest in her voice, she offered a subtle, tight-lipped smile. Truthfully she didn't give a damn about what Leera thought of her, even if she thought her a shitty wolf for not. Somewhat begrudgingly, after thinking it over for a moment longer, she veered around Leera's side and gingerly begin to nose through the vines. She felt their thorns pricking her nose, but pushed through to grab hold of a mess of them and pull them away from Leera's back legs - perhaps it might hurt her some, but hopefully it'd give her enough leeway to slip through.

Leera

Loner
Sanctuary

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
01-09-2019, 04:15 PM

She watches the female's face with a sort of concealed amusement. She's more than aware of the fact that she's merely prolonging the situation by being sharp, but she can't help it. It's in her blood. But, soon enough, the stranger gives in, saying something about her siblings, and with a tug and a pull, Leera's free. As she steps away, keeping the bloodied hind leg in the air, she limps around to get a good look at her helper. "I don't enjoy threats either, but see, they do work," she says, the corner of her dark lips twitching into a smirk. For the first time, Leera shows gratitude by closing her eyes and dipping her head once.

"My, you're quite pretty, aren't you?" she observes easily upon opening her eyes, tail curling in a feline manner. She lets her expression soften a bit. There's a distinct pack-like smell coming off the other girl's coat, the mix of many wolves in one place, and Leera's curious to know where the little beast has come from. "What's your name?"

speech action

Plot with us here!

Ivy I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
01-12-2019, 09:16 AM
Ivy's lips remained pursed as she watched Leera untangle herself from the mess of thorns, her expression largely unreadable but visibly unamused. Though she thinks she smells the faint scent of blood in the air, she knows he injury is merely a superficial one and that Leera will be fine.  "You can think that," she replied to her comment about threats working - certain it was more her conscience than anything else that had pushed her to help Leera out of this mess.

Ivy held her ground, studying the smaller female with a watchful eye. The compliment caught her off guard, and she forced a low chuckle. Perhaps her younger self would've returned the compliment, but she'd grown more rigid with age, and the thought of flirting with a complete stranger wasn't in her agenda. "You can simply say thanks, you know. That's easier than digging for compliments." She tilted her head up slightly, as if looking to the sky for answers.  "I'm Ivy Wreckage. And you?"

Leera

Loner
Sanctuary

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
01-16-2019, 03:37 PM

What use could Leera possibly have for compliments? The honeyed words are worthless to her. She doesn't seek them, but she'll hand them out blindly if she believes it might advantage her in the end. However, Ivy doesn't seem amused -- that is fine enough. After all, it isn't friends Leera's after. Knowledge is more powerful.

"I don't like compliments either," she admits finally, slowly rolling her eyes. Dark lips straighten into a line and she watches Ivy close, an ear ticking with thought. Her long, languid tail curls and uncurls. "You may call me Leera." The femme's chin dips down a notch in introduction, but there's hardly any warmth in it. Instead, she nods at Ivy, gesturing at the entirety of her. "You smell like a pack." Leera doesn't intend to pry, but if there's anything Ivy can tell her about the packs that litter this realm she'll have open ears.

speech action

Plot with us here!

Ivy I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
01-25-2019, 06:37 PM

Ivy was vaguely aware of the way Leera rolled her eyes, though the moon's dim light didn't give her the best view of the other woman's features. She admitted she didn't like compliments, and Ivy merely pursed her lips in silent response. A strange comment, considering she'd just complimented her, but she didn't care of this female seemed mildly hypocritical to her. She was sure she could be too, at times.

Her interest was more with the female's next words, though, rather than lingering on her idle comment. "Pleasure to meet you, Leera," Ivy commented seriously, head tipping upward slightly. "I do," came her easy reply to Leera's observation. Though plenty of adjectives could be used to describe her, dishonest wasn't one of them. She had no time, nor patience, for being deceitful. "I hail from Kesali. A newer pack, run by my brother Branch. We live on the other continent, though," Ivy explained, gesturing vaguely to the northeast.

Leera

Loner
Sanctuary

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
01-30-2019, 09:29 PM
Kesali. Pink eyes watch Ivy with silent thought; she's never heard so much as a whisper about this Kesali pack. She's heard the names Abaven and Erövrare, yes, but not this one. Perhaps there are more packs here than she's originally anticipated. "Hm," is all she humms, a sharpness in it, the expression on her face surely unreadable. "A shame your under your brother's rule. Do you have no desire to be alpha yourself?" If either of Leera's brothers had survived and had wormed their way into thrones, she'd have used their power to ascend herself as queen.

Her long, feline-like tail curls behind her. She keeps her injured foot lifted gingerly off the earth, although she's already forgotten the dull pain that spreads through the cuts. "Well. I suppose not everyone is cut out for being leader."
Plot with us here!

Ivy I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
02-17-2019, 10:49 AM
Ivy considered being more secretive with her family's pack, but in the end she wasn't sure what would do them any good. Surely more wolves would hear of Kesali as her siblings settled in to these lands and wandered, especially given her more talkative kin. Being secretive wasn't really her style, unless generally disinterest counted as being secretive.

Her lips curled into a faint, brief smile at her question. "I have no desire to be alpha," she answered with ease, something similar to faint amusement dancing in her eyes. "It's surprising the amount of control you can have when you're not in the spotlight." Power wasn't something that appealed to her, nor did recognition for her achievements.... but having some semblance of control was quite alluring in its own right.

She wasn't at all offended by the suggestion she wasn't fit to rule, raising a single brow in inquiry. "And what of you? Are you fit to lead?" It was hard to tell from first meeting what kind of female she was but she certainly seemed domineering enough to warrant an interest in leadership, if Ivy wasn't mistaken.

Leera

Loner
Sanctuary

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
02-24-2019, 06:33 PM
The lithe woman nodded, fully agreeing with Ivy's first point. "This is true." There is a significant amount of power one can have when flying under the radar, and although it is a quiet and secret power it is power nonetheless. Perhaps Ivy is more cunning than she's let on. Perhaps this Kesali pack has a few hidden pawns Leera will need not forget about it the coming seasons. She smiles at Ivy.

When questioned about her own fitness to rule, Leera shrugs. "Yes," she answers easily enough, the word pouring from her lips. Brown tail flicks. "But this is rather subjective, yes? Anyone can answer yes or no but that doesn't change where they stand in the moment." And where does Leera stand? It certainly isn't a throne, no, but she has time. All the time in the world to make a name for herself. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find someplace to clean my wound. Thank you, Ivy. It's been a pleasure." Leera nods to her, grateful despite her initial cold mannerisms to have learned a little more about the world she lives in. She turns and disappears into the dark copse, taking the smell of blood with her.

-exit-
Plot with us here!