size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
01-01-2019, 08:09 PM

She had had some time to think about what had happened, and spoken to one other wolf about the terrible ‘ordeal’ she had gone through. She was still ashamed at herself, but she knew she couldn’t hide away from Abaven any longer. Not that she had been gone for long.. But with everything else going on, her pack needed her.

She would make her way to Buffalo Range, skirting around the pack lands, she would stop nearish the border, but not close enough to annoy its new Alpha. This put her in the Orchard, where the confused wolf would stop, take a moment to collect her thoughts, and then call for her Auntie. If anybody could make her feel better about this whole mess…

Oh man

Right after she had lifted her head and called, she let herself consider that Rhythm was not only her childhood role model, and voice of reason - she was also Rhyme’s mother. Feeling extremely uncomfortable, but unwilling to walk away after calling, Shye tried to figure out the best way to approach this to get the advice she craved.

""

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Rhythm was enjoying her retirement to be honest. She spent most days with Valentine, catching up on lost time and just enjoying being close to him again. Life had grown.. Boring. Yes she enjoyed every moment but she remembered freedom being more exciting. Maybe old age really was catching up with her. Even if she wanted to go off on some dashing endeavor she was reminded how she was so old now. Rhythm had to start feeling excited about living vicariously through her grandchildren. Knowing Rhyme had gotten Tana pregnant and not being able to tell Valentine was killing her. Rhyme had asked though, so she remained silent.

Her thoughts were on these babies when one she had at one point called her own called for her. Rhythm felt more than curious and was quick to find her way to Shaye's side. She knew the land well and traveled quickly, eventually catching Shaye's scent and quickening her pace. The orchard was slightly more difficult to navigate but she found Shaye quick enough. "Hello, Shaye." She offered as she leaned in to nuzzle her niece's cheek affectionately. "Have you just come to visit or can I do something for you?"

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

01-01-2019, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 08:44 PM by Shaye I.)

Rhythm found her way to Shaye all too quickly, and the Alpha would find herself looking at her Aunt, with no idea how to approach what she had to say. Rhythm, oblivious to Shaye’s mood, reached forward and nuzzled Shaye’s cheel, asking her what the purpose of her visit was.

It was all Shaye needed.

She broke down, tears in her eyes and in her voice as she dragged Rhythm close to her, shoving her head into the thick neck fur of the other wolf. “Auntie, I made a really bad mistake, and I don’t know what to do.” she would admit, she still didn’t know where to go from there, or if it was even fair to bring this up to Rhythm, but not that her Aunt was here, it was hard not to just bury her head in the other woman, to cry, and tell her everything. This was Rhythm after all. The last adult of her childhood.

""

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-01-2019, 09:22 PM
Rhythm knew something was wrong long before the tears. Shaye was stiff, and hesitant before breaking down completely and falling into her arms. If Rhythm was surprised she didn't show it. Shaye always knew that Rhythm was there to heap her worries to. Even now, years after the woman's childhood was long gone. She held her niece tight as she admitted to a terrible mistake, but Rhythm couldn't think of anything she couldn't forgive her for.

She remained quiet though, Rhythm wouldn't push Shaye to tell her. The words would come of their own accord, if that's what Shaye ultimately wanted. Of course the old woman's mind leaned toward Shaye having commited some kind of mistake in an alpha decision. Rhythm sighed softly and let Shsye cry into her pelt, she wasn't injured so Rhythm couldn't even begin to guess at what might be wrong. Except that her scent that usually held Abaven so strongly was a little faint.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-01-2019, 09:22 PM
Vail hadn't seen her sister in longer than usual, she hadn't started worrying until the scent at her den had gone stale. Usually she told her sister exactly where she was going if it was going to be for long. Rhyme hadn't been any help either, if anything he had been distant. So she huffed heavily, told Solor she was going out to look for her sister, and had Notch guide her away.

Her first stop was going to be Rhythm, if anything Shaye came here and lost track of time spending it with her aunt. At least she hoped that was it. If Rhythm hadn't seen her then she was going to start getting really worried. Thankfully though it wasn't much longer before Notch led her to Shaye's scent trail.

Vail hurried forward, soon finding the faint scent of Rhythm on the breeze, she had gone to her! With quick paws she carried herself to where the two of them were. She assumed they were wrapped up together, with Shaye bawling. Surely their goodbye was not this emotional? She approached cautiously. "Shaye?" She asked softly nuzzling into her sister's shoulder.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

01-01-2019, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 09:44 PM by Shaye I.)

Rhythm let her cry into her coat, remaining quiet, but joining the embrace. If she caught any inappropriate scents in Shaye’s coat, she didn’t mention it. The Alpha had done her best to wash it all away, and at no point did Rhythm stiffen, she simply held her tight and let her cry. “I-I’m sorry Rhythm.” she sniffed through the tears “I didn’t mean to. I took some of the wedding alcohol that Vail had fermenting, and got drunk. Then I-I-”

Suddenly Vail was there, nuzzling into her coat, stalling what Shaye had been about to say. She paused, and didn’t know what to do, before lowering her head and allowing the effection, returning it a little on her own, through without the easy enthusiasm she normally showed. How much had Vail over heard? Where to go now? She found it so hard to say these words, even through Vail and Rhythm here the two wolves she had always confided in, her whole life.

""

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-01-2019, 10:16 PM
Rhythm remained seated like the strong pillar she had always been to her nieces, even through Shaye's words. She made mention of stealing alcohol, which was odd in itself. Surely if she had wanted some alcohol her sister would have given it up. That Shaye apologized to herself was alarming, but Rhythm still didn't have a clue. Had she released prisoners, fed the kill pile to a coyote pack?

Then Vail was there too, obviously distressed for her sister. Rhythm's guess of her being gone for more than a few days now seemed much more likely. She held Shaye tighter, finding herself more curious as the moments went on. What could she have done that would upset her so very much? "Shh, Shaye it's okay. We're here to help you fix things." She rocked her niece softly, ready to forgive anything.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-01-2019, 10:16 PM
She heard everything, and an odd realization came over her. The morning the bottle of her experimental alcohol had gone missing. She wanted to try and figure out a recipe for mead, but it had gone.. Vail remembered following the scent of it and her sister. It led to Rhyme's and further into the territory. She hadn't pursued it much further, but she couldn't help but feel worried about Rhyme's missing presence from her sister's story. She kept the information to herself. "I wondered where my mead had gotten off to, that was a really strong bottle Shaye! Did you really drink it all?" Despite her sisters distress she found herself scolding her older sibling. She couldn't help the feeling she might be more upset when she realized the whole confession.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

01-01-2019, 11:09 PM

Rhythm rocked her back and forth, as she had done when she had been just a child. Of course, now she was a large and fully grown wolf, folded in on herself to fit around Rhythm’s smaller frame. She wished she was small again, that she fit easily between Rhythm’s paws, and she felt that her Aunt held all the answers. Well, at least that part still remained. It was why she was here, after all.

“I.. I drunk half of the entire bottle.” she admitted, ears folding back to her skull as Vail spoke, and told them that it was a really strong bottle of mead. No wonder the taste had been so bitter. “Rhyme drunk the other half…” could she say the words? Could she find it in her to tell her sweet sister, and the woman she looked up to, what she had done?

""

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-01-2019, 11:35 PM
Vail watched as Rhythm held Shaye tight and offered her help. The half blind albino hadn't been so nice, but Vail had never coddled her sister either. The younger Destruction sibling was always willing to tell it like she saw it, and didn't like to hide anything from her sister, not that she succeeded in doing so when she wanted. With the filtered sun she couldn't see her aunt and sister very well but she could keep a suspicious gaze locked on Shaye.

Rhythm was the good guy, holding her tight and Vail took the more critical path. She perked her ears as Shaye went on admitting she had only consumed half the bottle. Still a huge amount for a wolf that didn't drink heavily with any regularity. Then she said Rhyme drank the rest. Vail's heart wanted to stop as she said it. Rhythm remained quiet but Vail pushed. "And what Shaye?" she said quietly, afraid of the answer she was about to get. Was this why Rhyme hadn't been his usual self when she had asked about her sister?

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

01-01-2019, 11:39 PM
Rhythm held her silence, simply holding Shaye and letting her speak, Vail on the other hand would quizz her, she could feel the intensity of her sisters gaze. She knew Vail wouldn’t let this go until she got to the bottom of it. The sisters had never kept anything from each other, had leaned on each other over the years. Vail was also a healer, and wouldn’t let something fester, she would rip off the bandage, even if it hurt.

“I.. we.. mistakes were made.’ she cringed a little, then took a slow, deep breath. She couldn't keep beating around the bush like this, but she also knew that the words weren’t easily coming. “You know where this is going Vail.” she sighed. “I don’t know what to do now. It never should have happened.” gods above, would Rhythm see it too? Surely she would. How would she feeling, knowing her favourite niece had slept with her son. She tensed, waiting for her Aunts reaction.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-02-2019, 12:03 AM
Rhythm held her niece as Vail more bluntly drilled her sister. The old healer wouldn't have done the same as the young, but she couldn't deny the results. Rhythm held her breath as Shaye answered, vaguely, but with enough detail she got her point across. Rhythm was actually a little stunned, she hadn't seen that one coming at all. She remained silent, realizing why Shaye was so torn up, but she was so remorseful. The old Destruction sighed and pulled her niece closer, questioning the girl and her boy's decisions. Vail mentioned how potent the drink was, but she was obviously lucid enough to remember her folly.

Rhythm wasn't sure what to say in the moment, but she didn't judge her niece. She wasn't the first, her memories brought forth thoughts of Mercy and her brother Revenge. Sometimes you couldn't help who you fell for, though she couldn't admit she wished they had better restraint. Rhythm nuzzled into Shaye's fur, offering her silent support.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-02-2019, 12:03 AM
The younger sister continued to stare at her sister, when the half confession finally fell from Shaye's lips. Vail wasn't sure what to say, the information was incredibly surprising. She felt all of her blame fall on Rhyme. How could he have done this to her sister? Here she was crying, used, and abandoned. She felt her hackles raise, a protective feeling taking over. He was going to hear from her when she got back.

"That no good..!" She stopped herself from going further, realizing her company and wondering how Rhythm could remain so calm. Vail couldn't hold it in though. "How could you raise such a.. Such a.." She couldn't even find the words to say to Rhythm she was getting so worked up. "How could he?" Vail's voice increased in volume as she spoke, placing all the blame and responsibility for the mistake and Shaye's distress on Rhyme.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

01-02-2019, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2019, 12:24 AM by Shaye I.)

Rhyme said nothing, through she didn’t pull away either. She held Shaye close, and Shaye would read her body language between them. She knew when Rhyme would understand, her stunned reaction bleeding through. Her silence on the other hand was confusing, and Shaye had expected at least some judgement. That there was nothing would be a relief, and she would let her head fall limp on Rhythm’s shoulder.

Until of course Vail spoke. She had expected acusacion from Vail too, had felt it in her sisters leading questions. She hadn’t expected her to take it out o Rhythm and Rhyme. “Now hang on a second!” Shaye said, feeling a little defensive herself. “It was my idea to get the drink, I got us drunk, and I let him on just as much as he did once the alcohol had us. Then, in the morning, i’m the one who ran before he could have a chance to realise what happened. I left him there confused, for when he awoke, and don’t.. Don’t raise your voice at Rhythm. You know what…” she couldn’t bring herself to talk about the slavers right now. She didn’t even mean to speak to her sister like that.

The emotions pent up inside of her burst forth, and she was a little stunned at how defensive she sounded of Rhyme. She pulled free from her Aunt and turned her attention fully to Vail, shame, sadness, but a hint of hurt on her expression too. She didn’t like Vail’s outburst.

""

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-02-2019, 12:48 AM
Vail felt anger, anger at Rhyme for what he did to Shaye and anger at Rhythm for her silence and condoning of the act. She was starting to work herself into a real fit when Shaye found her voice. She wasn't laying on Rhythm's shoulder feeling sorry for herself anymore, she started to defend their aunt and cousin. Vail took an involuntary step back as Shaye bit back, stopping Vail's outburst all together.

Rhythm let Shaye slip from her grasp as she confronted Vail and made clear that she was just as much if not more at fault than Rhythm's son. "I'll raise my voice at who ever I want." She retorted defiantly forgetting it was originally Shaye that she had been angry for. "What are you going to do? Why are you defending him so fiercely?" It was a challenge, Vail had never felt so much animosity towards her sister. Why was she protecting Rhyme? Why had she told them at all? Why not keep a secret like that? What was the point?

Rhythm sighed softly behind Shaye, ready to jump in if the sisters got too out of line.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

01-02-2019, 12:53 AM
She slipped free of Rhythm to confront her sister, but once she was actually there, well, she wasn’t sure what she wanted to do. She could see Vail’s anger, a livid, terrible thing. It was so uncommon to see her sister mad, that she didn’t know what to think. This had truly offended Vail, this was the kind of reaction she had been expecting. Tail tucked a little between her legs, certainly more than an Alpha’s ever should be, she looked at her sister.

“I.. I don’t know. On both accounts. It’s a shitty situation for everyone, and it never should have happened, but it did, and now I have to live with it.” she folded her ears to her skull. “You have a right to be mad, what I did was wrong. I.. I probably ruined everything. I don’t know what to do Vail, how can I ever show my face in Abaven again?”

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-05-2019, 03:25 PM
She couldn't see her sister begin to back down, but she could hear it in her voice. Vail had started angry at Rhyme, she wanted to blame him completely for the turmoil her sister was going through. She wanted to save Shaye from it all, but then she fought back against her efforts and Vail couldn't back down. Shaye wanted to share Rhyme's blame and she did. Vail felt that anger at her sister, she shouldn't have done it. She shouldn't have left Abaven, and she shouldn't have stolen her alcohol. But it was all over and done with. The pooch had been screwed metaphorically and literally.

Vail tried to relax herself as her sister reined in her retorts. She needed help. She didn't know what to do and she needed the support of her sister and aunt. She sighed, feeling her hackles lower and her anger subside she closed the distance between herself and her sister. "You go back. There's wolves counting on you, if you don't say anything they'll never know." and despite what she had said about Rhyme earlier. "Rhyme doesn't seem like one to kiss and tell." she added, nosing her sister's cheek. She sighed heavily again. "It's no one else's business who you.. Get drunk with and have.. Sex.. With." She added, not happy with the images that appeared in her head.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

01-05-2019, 03:37 PM
She looked intently at Vail, soaking in the judgment in her sisters form, and letting it leave an ache in her heart. She knew she had done was wrong, she knew it like she knew her own pack lands. Never would she have allowed herself to commit such an act if she had been sober. Never could she admit to a single soul what it had felt like to be in his arms. She couldn’t let herself feel anything but disgust in herself, because any other kind of emotion would break her.

She could see Vail starting to back down, Shaye’s own anger at herself perhaps making it difficult for her sister to join in. “I know, I could never abandon Abaven, it’s just hard not to feel like a fool.” she sighed softly, as her sister pointed out that this could remain a secret between them. She winced, because she knew she could never tell anyone else. It would be her burden to bear. [n] “Thank you.. For listening” [/b] she said, uncertain what else to say. Trying to banish the drunken images of that night was hard when she was speaking about it. His delicate kisses, holding her in his arms. “This wasn’t how I pictured my first going…” the words where said with ears folding downwards and a sigh escaping her. She was old to have never experienced this aspect of life before, and she had always thought that it would be with someone she loved, she wouldn’t have a one nighter and almost hate her kids, as her mother had.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
01-05-2019, 04:51 PM
While she knew Shaye's attention was fully on her sister Rhythm didn't miss anything. These two were most definitely sisters, and she could see Motif so clearly in both of them. The thought made her sad and happy at the same time. She missed their mother dearly, but knew she was living through her daughters now. Motif had experienced her own one night, but had eventually been drawn back to Shai. Rhythm couldn't imagine what Shaye was feeling beneath the shame.

She leaned forward and returned her niece into her arms, content to sit with her for a while now that she and Vail calmed themselves. Rhythm knew she would never hear a peep of this from Rhyme, and she wasn't sure she wanted to. She could keep her son a relative distance from the present conversation with him missing. She really didn't want to delve deeply into their personal relationship. Shaye needed comfort though, and she'd give it.

Valentine had originally been her one and only, but after her time as a slave she couldn't say it anymore, no matter how much she wished it. She'd suffered under more than she wished to acknowledge. At least she knew Shaye hadn't been abused.

"You've become too much like your mother," Rhythm chuckled as she pulled away from her niece slightly.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-05-2019, 04:51 PM
The albino sister paused, unable to think clearly. She sighed heavily at her sister, anger subsiding. Vail wasn't sure if she would ever be able to look at Rhyme in the same light again, but she wasn't furious with him anymore. Shaye thanked her and she nodded slightly.

Vail would never really understand what happened between the two of them that night or what would happen to their relationship afterwards. She lived easily with Solor, there was no complication in their world. Shaye's last words brought a lot of funding emotions within Vail, again feeling the rise of anger at Rhyme for causing her sister such turmoil. She didn't completely believe Shaye about the whole thing being 50/50.

"It's not how I would have either." She added, more to lightheartedly tease her moping sister. She'd take some time, and Vail was sure she would be back to her confident self.