gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
01-05-2019, 10:10 PM
So Valentine is about to raid the band of slavers who kept Rhythm and Rhyme captive. Basically his posse is going to go in, kill them all and return with the heads (...genitals? we'll see where the rage takes Valen) of a few prominent slavers in tow. And that's it. But...killing a bunch of NPCs off screen's not much fun, is it? So I'd like to offer a little plot bunny to you guys to beef this blah plot up. Got any chars who you lost muse for and set inactive without squaring away their family or pack IC? Any chars like that who you'd like to bring back but don't know how to explain their absence? Well, you're in luck because pirates have been running around Auster and Boreas scooping people up and selling them to the slavers. Who are those vile creatures, you ask?

Ashmedai and his merry band of scallywags, one of whom is Rhys Imperialis, who may or may not make a comeback during (or after, details aren't firm yet) the slaughter of the slavers.

Okay, back to the slaver's camp and the possible explanation of your char's absence! I can't speak for the rest of the participants, but Valen is only interested in killing slavers. He won't deliberately save anybody, period. But no doubt the killing will immediately free whatever slaves are there.

So that's one option; just being set free after all the slavers are dead.

The second is Jupiter, who could be tempted to physically free someone. He's not always the nicest guy so it's possible for someone to trade one captor for another with him, but it's just as likely that he'd free someone and then shoo them towards freedom.

So that's what I can offer as far as freeing goes. As for why your character disappeared in the first place, both Iko and I are fine with saying Ash or Rhys OR Ash and Rhys are the reason your char went missing. We're both happy to plot the details out with you c:

Two things are worth noting. The first is that while Ash has traded with the slavers in person, Rhys hasn't. She wouldn't have been present for the trade off of any of them. This way we ensure she didn't get so much as a whiff of her family during their captivity.

The second is that Ash also had no idea that Rhythm and Rhyme were captives there. And once Ash's captives left his control he didn't know what became of them either.

The TL;DR version is this:
If you want to bring an old char back, you're welcome to use this slaughter to do that so long as you tell me

Of my personal chars Valen will kill slavers and ignore slaves (but that doesn't mean he couldn't inadvertently "save" someone) and Jupiter will kill slavers and free captives (but might take captives himself).

Rhys and Ashmedai can be blamed for the sudden disappearance of characters with Iko or I's permission.
Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
01-05-2019, 10:11 PM
EEK okay, one more thing! I suppose you could use this to also bring in new characters
Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
01-06-2019, 12:00 AM
ONE LAST THING...MAYBE...Odysseus will also be going and he will definitely save wolves no strings attached. He's also a healer so he can take care of injuries c:
Odysseus has a male rhesus macaque companion named Olafur. Unless he's mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Odysseus.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
01-06-2019, 03:08 AM
I should add to the above, Ace has been volunteered to go with Ody on this rescue mission XD

FĂ©licien

gems
size
build
player
01-07-2019, 11:15 PM
I'd love for Nohr, my Kaitlyn child, to get rescued! <3

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
01-08-2019, 09:49 AM
hmmm, i might bring back Safir or Vrel to be rescued....this is very tempting
Leonce has a ferret companion that is in all his threads unless otherwise stated

Basileus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
02-02-2019, 07:13 PM
IIIII completely forgot about this thread, sorry! xD

Keno - do you have a preference on who does the saving?

Frost - okay, just let us know!

Andante

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
02-08-2019, 08:55 AM
Ooooh <3 I could bring Andante into this somehow..? I haven't gotten a chance to play him. He is Rhythm's son from whenever she was a slaver so it could be somewhat interesting to see how things would turn out.

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!Trick 2019
02-08-2019, 02:24 PM
Dezhoni - oooo whatcha got in mind??

This character has a noticeable Icelandic accent!
Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Andante

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
02-08-2019, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2019, 06:31 AM by Andante.)
I have a few different things in mind:

a) He could have just recently escaped/or is in the process of escaping and he runs into Valentine.
b) He is still captive and ends up being inadvertently freed.
c) He has become a slaver by that point in his life and ends up in the fight against them (Valentine and his gang), but escapes.

Andante remembers a few things about his mother, but he won't realize that these wolves have any tie to her. So, maybe, he finds out that Valentine is somehow connected to Rhythm and he stalks him after the fight to find out more...?

I also like the idea of him being a slaver that ends up escaping that battle (with a few scars, of course (; ).

I am open to many ideas, so.. :p

EDIT: I did forget, Andante would recognize Rhyme as soon as he saw him, so we could throw that in there somewhere too.

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
02-09-2019, 12:49 PM
I'm leery of letting anyone escape the slaughter since all the slavers are supposed to die there, so I'd like to take that off the table if I can. A or B sounds good to me, though! I think Andante stalking Valentine could be interesting! Valentine hates Rhythm's kids from the slavers so he'll probably be pretty terrible to Andante. Could lead to some good drama c:

Andante

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
02-10-2019, 02:55 AM
That sounds great to me! :) I will have him in the process of escaping or having just escaped whenever Valentine shows up to slaughter them all. Now, we just have to figure out how Dante figures out they are connected to his mother. I am okay with plotting that later though, so.. xD

Khepri

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
02-12-2019, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 08:44 AM by Khepri.)
Lazuli - Whenever you do start the thread, would you mind letting me know where it is?
[Image: 2zg9453.jpg]

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
02-27-2019, 08:19 PM
Here is the return thread!

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Andante

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
03-02-2019, 01:43 AM
Thank you, love! <3 I will respond within the next few days when I can. ^-^