Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
01-31-2019, 12:13 AM

A heavy sigh left his lips as he crossed back into Abaven territory. He had been out for a few days, taking some time to himself. He had come across a few things, some concerning and others less so. He would remain tight lipped about it though, at least until he analyzed the information first. Some of it worried him, but at the same time it fueled him. Finn and Lumi walked alongside him, both still very energetic despite their latest ventures. He supposed they had abundant energy compared to him, they weren't quite a year old yet and he was nearly five or six times their age. He was tired, so he wasn't particularly paying attention to where he was going until he heard the rapids nearby. Another heavy sigh left him as he realized he was close to Shaye's den, and he wasn't particularly keen on running into her just yet. He convinced himself that there were a few reasons, and the main one was that she had recently had pups and that she shouldn't be bothered.

But of course, it seemed his companions had other ideas...as Ace veered off the path to avoid coming into view of Shaye's den just in case she was watching, his companions continued onward. When he realized they weren't following, he turned and watched with wide eyes as they headed straight for Shaye's den. "Hey! Get back here!" He hissed just loud enough for them to hear but not loud enough for anyone else, really. "We wanna see the new babies!" Of course...he shot daggers at Finn's back as he and his sister giggled and hurried forward. For fuck's sake! He growled and almost decided to just let them go while he went to his den, but he didn't feel right leaving the two foxes on their own to bother Shaye. Grumbling, he hurried back down the path to follow them, and by the time he reached them they were already peeking into Shaye's den.

The pair were unusually quiet as they peeked in, and then they quietly slid in. He groaned again, ears flattening as he realized they were going in for a closer look. He didn't know if Shaye had invited them in to get a closer look or not, but whatever the case, he had to get closer to fetch them. He took a few moments to compose himself, steeling his gaze and making it so that nothing seemed off. He took a deep breath and then approached the den. The scents of various wolves lingered here, including that of Shaye's pups. He stopped at the mouth of the den, uttering a soft bark to let Shaye or whoever was inside that he was there. "Sorry to bother, but I've some things to attend to and I need Finn and Lumi." That was the only lie he could come up with right now. He waited for an answer, or hopefully, for the pair of foxes to come back out on their own.

speech action

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
02-01-2019, 02:49 AM

It soothed her to spend time with the little ones, they were still so innocent, untouched by the world, in cute tiny balls of fluff that demanded her attention and gave her unconditional love in return. It did her heart good to curl around them, and know there here she would always have her place, her duty, and it was to them.

The den was quite, and she heard the soft pad of paws, and would raise her head to see the kits. They stood quietly near the entrance, peering over the barrier designed to keep the pups in. She looked at them for a time, squinting a little in judgement, before she sighed. “Alright then, in you come.” fox’s where good jumpers, and she knew they wouldn’t have any trouble with the barrier that her taller height could walk over.

She let them near the puppies, their eyes bright with curiosity. “Quietly now, there sleeping.” she warned, “If your really quiet, and very gentle, you can curl up with them.” she promised. When they proved they could be both, she shuffled over and made room for them.

This would be the sight Ace would find as he peeked into her den, eyeing up her and the foxes, and telling her she needed them. “There a bit busy at the moment” she told them, mischief in her eyes. She was very, very carefully not thinking about Rhyme, and it was good to have some company.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
02-01-2019, 03:53 AM

Well shit. It looked like he wouldn't be able to just grab his wayward companions and go. He peered into the den to find them curling up with Shaye's pups, but it was a bit too dark to get a proper look at them so he figured he'd wait till they were running around to get a better look. He wasn't entirely keen on hanging around Shaye's den, but her words and the look in her eye pretty much told him he had no choice. He wasn't the type to pretend he hadn't heard her and just walk away. When it came to those above his rank, he generally waited until he was dismissed. And at this moment he wasn't, so he stifled a sigh and kept a neutral look on his face.

"That's alright...I guess." He muttered the last part to himself as he stood there, trying not to feel awkward. Well, if he had to stick around he might as well ask how she and the pups were doing, right? "How are you doing? Do you need anything?" He would offer to get her whatever she needed if she asked, if only to get away for a few moments. Part of him wanted to stay and talk to her, to be in her presence. But he was still embarrassed about what he'd done the other day considering she more than likely had a mate... even if he still didn't quite know who it was yet.

speech action

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

02-02-2019, 03:21 PM

She hadn’t seen much of Ace’s kits, but he knew that he was raising them, and teaching them with love and patience. Just as he had approached raising Actaea and Ignis. He really was incredible, and had a habit of picking up strays, and taking responsibility for their care. He showed all the traits she wanted in her wolves, and had proved himself again and again that he was a brilliant lead warrior.

So why did she feel apprehension as he stuck his nose into the den? She was still so.. Confused by their last encounter, when she had tried to press her case in helping him against his tyrant brother. It hadn’t exactly ended as she had expected, and he had fled from her, as confused as she was. How did that make sense? It made her feel like a confused child again. What did he want from her?

She turned her attention back to the kits, who where doing as she had asked, being gentle and quiet. “You’ve raised them well” she complimented him, she looked back to Ace, and noted how he stood there, awkward and uncomfortable. She sighed. “They’re too young to bite you know. Your.. . probably safe.” she teased, pretending his awkwardness was over the pups. Why did ever male in her life seem determined to make things as complicated as possible? With Rhymes-- no, we weren’t thinking about him, nope nope nope.

“I’m fine at the moment Ace, thank you.” she probably shouldn't keep him here, he was clearly awkward and uncertain, but dammit she was determined to unravel this. She wouldn’t leave an awkwardness between herself and a wolf she depended on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
03-07-2019, 11:04 PM

"You've raised them well," Ears perked up at her compliment. His gaze falling to the two kits curling gently around the two pups. When he looked at his kits, he felt pride swell up. But...then when he looked at Shaye's pups, it slowly fell away. He didn't have true kids of his own. The chance of that happening had been taken away the day that Winter had been taken from him. From the world. The thought saddened him, and he feared he would never get over it. She had been a major change in his life after fleeing from his birth pack. She had helped him in so many ways, and the love they shared with each other was something that went unmatched. He didn't think he'd ever be able to love someone again...not in the way he loved her. "Thank you," He replied, his tone soft.

Crimson gaze met hers when she said he was safe from the pups. The smallest of smiles showed at her attempt to joke, but it didn't stay for very long. It wasn't the pups he was afraid of...it was his embarrassment at his actions with Shaye the other day. The confusion he felt in his mind. And the vague feeling of what he could have had all those years ago when he looked at the tiny, helpless bundles that nestled in the den. "I know...it's not that, it's just..." It's just what? He couldn't tell her about his past. Not yet. He was still trying to come to terms with it all. Still trying to heal from it, but failing. He gently shook his head, "It's nothing. It's just been a while since I've seen babies." Hopefully she would buy that excuse.

speech action

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

03-08-2019, 12:45 AM

The mass of fur before her was a wholesome sight, with the bright fur of the kits, and the dark fur of her children. They where a happy, warm bundle, and it sparked that motherly instinctive inside of her, she could feel it from deep in her chest, like a fluttering of butterflies. A deep, endless well of compassion. They would be raised in the pack she was moulding, they would know peace and comfort. They would have Ace, to teach them strength. Rhyme, to teach them leadership. Actaea, to teach them peace, and the rest of the pack, to grow in, to share with. Every struggle was worth it for that perfect image in her head.

A slight smile would break the seriousness of Acere’s expression. It wasn’t much, but was something. She reflected the expression back at him, abide a little stronger, a little more sure. She could see the sadness in his eyes, a hint of loss. He spoke of it being a long time since he had seen pups, and then when she considered how he had taken on Ignis and Actaea, how he had taken on the kits.. She understood. Her heart broke for him, though she tried her best to hide it. He had lost his children, at some point in his past, that must be why he looked out for the children around him the way he did. She wanted to ask after them, but knew he would face that wound when he was ready, and no sooner. Still, it strengthened an idea growing inside of her. She knew that there was no one else in the world she would rather ask this of. “This is.. Terribly forward of me, Acere, but I’ve come to know you pretty well now, and I see the way you look after those around you. Would you.. Would you be there godfather? Would you take care of them, if something ever happened to me?” she asked him softly. She knew that if something happened to her, Rhyme would break, but Acere… he would save them, he would raise them with compassion and love.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
05-13-2019, 09:48 PM

He watched them quietly. A certain...fondness for them beginning to swell in his chest. He always adored children. No matter who their parents were, they were always so innocent. He watched them cuddled up with his kits, and sometimes wished he had his own small pups to cuddle up with. While he had Actaea, Ignis, and the foxes, he knew it simply wasn't the same. “This is.. Terribly forward of me, Acere, but I’ve come to know you pretty well now, and I see the way you look after those around you. Would you.. Would you be there godfather? Would you take care of them, if something ever happened to me?” For a split moment, he hadn't quite registered what she said. But then when he realized what he'd just heard, his eyes flew up to meet hers. "What? Me?" Didn't she have plenty of others that would make better candidates?

It was safe to say he was undoubtedly surprised. He and Shaye had formed a friendship that would likely last until they died. While he knew he could be hot-headed and stubborn at times, he always had patience for the young. "Are...are you sure this is what you want?" If so, he would gladly accept. He didn't know what the future held, however. But regardless of what happened, he was always one to keep his promises no matter what.

speech action

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

05-14-2019, 03:22 PM
His eyes jumped to her, startled, and she looked into the red gaze of the albino. She hid her smile, for she had seen the fondness in him a moment ago, as he looked at her tiny little bundle of jellybeans. Yes, she knew she was right, she had seen the way he had scooped up Ignis and Actaea, he had dropped everything for them and taken them to a place they would thrive. If something happened to them, she trusted no one more than Acere to ensure their safety. To do what was right by them.

It was asking a lot of him, to take on these children, if something did happen to her - and it really could, as an Alpha she was easily in the line of fire. Did she have the right to ask this of him, a wolf who was only just becoming her friend. “Yes, I truly believe that you are the best wolf to chose. You’ve proved that with Actaea and Ignis, I know their lives didn’t start out great, but you’ve helped mold them into amazing people. You did that.’ she said gently, proudly, as she looked at the white warrior. He was a shining knight, and she was proud to have him in the pack.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
05-25-2019, 06:04 PM
“Yes, I truly believe that you are the best wolf to chose. You’ve proved that with Actaea and Ignis, I know their lives didn’t start out great, but you’ve helped mold them into amazing people. You did that." He turned his gaze back to the pups, taking a moment to think. It was surprising to him, that Shaye wanted him of all wolves. Out of everyone she knew, to want to be their godfather. He had tried his best with his niece and nephew and the foxes, and while he still had a long way to go, perhaps it wasn't such a bad thing that she asked. He'd get to spend time with the two pups and hopefully watch them grow. Whether he was here in Abaven or elsewhere, he'd see to it that they were well looked after if something did happen to Shaye. "I don't know what to say..." While he felt uncertain and perhaps that there might be better choices, he wouldn't let her down if this was what she really wanted. Turning his gaze back to her, he let a soft smile show. "I accept this role, if that's truly what you wish. I won't let you down."