size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
03-04-2019, 04:53 PM

For the first time in his life, the usually dark-hearted male felt...confused. His time spent with Acapella had, no doubt, changed him considerably. Ever since she came into his life, he had found himself being actually gentle and caring towards her. Of course, he was still a jerk to others, but even with the Ancoran family that had looked out for him since he was born he was kinder. For years he held resentment about his family's abandonment, but he had remained with them since he was a child. He felt he owed a great deal for putting up with him, and even with all his flaws and aggressive tendencies, they never cast him away. He had so much to think about, wondering if he could ever put into words what he felt. He was up early, leaving Acapella sleeping in their den, but he would be back by the time she woke up. He just...needed to clear his head.

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
06-04-2019, 09:58 PM

The nook had been a quiet and tranquil home for them for the time being. It had a lot of traffic, but they otherwise went unbothered. She was up early as usual and had gone out for a morning walk. She didn't like to sit around, preferring to take each opportunity she could now that she was so old. Time had been creeping up, and despite her age, she hadn't fallen ill. Her hips, however, had been giving her some trouble with her advanced age...but it wouldn't keep her from trying to go out and keep moving. With a deep breath of fresh morning air, she noticed Greed sitting outside of his den. She had known him since he was born, and throughout the years, he had been with them through thick and thin. He was technically a part of the family...and she sometimes wondered if he felt like it, or even knew it for that matter.

The elder Ancora would approach him, nodding a greeting as she smiled. "Good morning, Greed. How are you?" She hadn't gotten too much of a chance to talk to him lately. She had been trying to give him his space and personal time since Acapella had come to live with them, and she did adore her. Although the girl had been blinded by Greed, the pair seemed to get along quite well. Something she was happy to see, especially considering the lack of real family he had. Maybe Acapella would be able to show him what she and the others couldn't.

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

06-04-2019, 10:10 PM

Ears perked as he caught the sound of foot steps nearby, though he wasn't too worried about it. He knew it was likely one of the Ancora's wandering around, so he continued to sit there with his thoughts and trying to enjoy the crisp morning air. His eyes were half closed before the foot steps got closer and he looked up to find Avalon approaching him. He had known her his entire life, and in a way she was almost like a mother to him. Though he had never really opened up to her or anyone about his personal feelings and what he was really thinking, he couldn't deny that they had always been there for him and knew they'd have his back if he ever needed them to be. "Good morning, Avalon. I'm doing fine, figured I'd get some fresh air before Acapella woke up." It wasn't entirely the truth. But he couldn't outright lie, either. He really didn't want to wake up Acapella so early, and he often did wait outside until she did wake up on her own time.

Deep blue gaze looked over the older woman, his gaze softening slightly when he realized how old she was getting...how old she looked. He wasn't sure how he would feel when the reaper came to take her away. She was, after all, the only mother he had ever truly known. "Is...everything okay, Avalon?" His voice was a little hesitant. Maybe even betraying the concern in his voice. He didn't want to outright ask her if she was already dying. He knew she could hide things pretty well, and it was entirely possible she was acting to spare everyone the grief. But he never knew her to fake things or put on an act. She was one of the only wolves he knew that was genuine and honest, just like his Acapella...

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-04-2019, 10:36 PM

She offered a warm smile and a nod of understanding as she carefully and slowly settled her rump on the ground. "It seems we both had the same idea," She chuckled gently. She looked him over, realizing just how much older he was and how big he was. Not that she hadn't noticed before, but when she compared him to his puppy self, it was quite the transformation. He had been through a lot, nobody could deny that. And she had always feared that he would fall towards a dark path...but she had Acapella to thank for keeping him out of the dark. Or as much as she possibly could. She didn't doubt he could still be his aggressive self towards strangers or those he didn't like, but around her family and the Adravendi woman? He was someone entirely different. She was proud of who he was. Proud he had overcome the difficulties that had been shoved his way after his entire blood family had abandoned him.

"I'm fine, Greed. For the most part anyway." She tried to sound reassuring so he wouldn't worry. Assuming that was the reason he was asking. While she didn't want them to worry about her, she still had a good amount of bark and bite left. Death would have a hard time trying to claim her. There were things she still wanted to do before she died...not much, but still some business she wanted to finish. Things she felt might be necessary. "Would you like to go on a walk with me? I promise to try and have you back by the time Acapella wakes up," She winked at him, a knowing smile tugging at her lips before she slowly stood up and motioned for him to follow.

Art||Plotter

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

06-04-2019, 11:03 PM
He couldn't help the small smile that showed. "Seems like it," He wondered what was going through her mind, and as much as he wanted to know he really wasn't the prying type. He himself was a more private person for the most part, hardly sharing his thoughts with others. Then again, it was kind of hard to. Although Avalon was like a mother to him, he had never really been able to express himself on an emotional level. She did claim she was fine for the most part, so he nodded instead. He imagined that being as old as she was wasn't easy, but if she said she was fine then he wouldn't press for more than that. When she asked him if he wanted to walk with her, he remained quiet for a moment before nodding again and standing up when she did to follow her. He had so much on his mind, but he wasn't sure what to say. He did want to thank her for all she'd done for him. For being there when everyone else had abandoned him. For loving him even with all his faults...but he just...didn't know how to Express that. "Where would you like to go?" He questioned as he moved to her side and offered his shoulder for her to lean on. Though she was larger than him by a bit, he did notice that she struggled to walk lately. Was that just an effect of her age? Or perhaps an injury he wasn't aware of? He did a quick once over but didn't see any fresh wounds or scars, so he chalked it up to her age.

Art||Plot with me!

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-04-2019, 11:20 PM
She had taken a few steps before she felt him brushing against her side and offering his shoulder for support. Of course, she took the offer and leaned against him as they walked. While she didn't like to admit it out loud, she knew she was getting old and was having difficulty walking lately. She didn't complain though, not wanting to feel like a burden to her family. "Nowhere in particular, I figure a nice walk would do me some good. It's a beautiful morning, after all. Don't you agree?" She didn't expect an answer, though she swore she saw a hint of a smile on him.

She hadn't sought him out to talk about the weather or how nice of a day it was, however. She did more or less have an underlying motive, so after walking for a few minutes towards a nearby creek, she broached one of the subjects she had on her mind. "So, Acapella. She's very lovely. She seems to fit right in with us," And you. She thought privately. She knew that if she outright tried to ask him about their relationship, he'd probably get tight lipped about it.

Art||Plotter

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

06-06-2019, 12:47 AM
He nodded quietly in agreement. It was a nice morning, he realized. He never really took the time to stop and look at the beauty of the world. Unknowingly, it got him thinking about Acapella. She was missing the beauty of it all. All because of him. He frowned when he thought about it, and while he knew Acapella had forgiven him, he could never really forgive himself for taking something he realized now was so precious. Before he met her and really got to know her, he wouldn't have given her inability to no longer see a second thought. But she was now heavily integrated in his life...

Avalon steered the topic to the very wolf he constantly thought about and spent the majority of his time with. Blue eyes looked towards her for a moment before he looked away with embarrassment, ears folding back as well. He wasn't embarrassed by Acapella, just the knowledge that their time spent together was noticed. "She is, and she does...I just... wish I could go back in time and undo what I did to her..." He took a deep breath, the Male slowing down a little after he spoke.

Art||Plot with me!