size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
03-10-2019, 06:24 PM
Rhyme came running as soon as he heard Shaye call for help. He was as far as he possibly could have been with out being outside Abaven. He wasn't sure he'd ever made it across the territory that fast before. Still by the time he made it to the side of the river all he could find was blood, and it smelled like Shaye.

There was a cat also, and... Noir? Rhyme panicked, but found Shaye's blood trail and suddenly heard Noir's howl. With out delaying the alpha swiftly made his way to their position. The cat was gone, but Noir looked fine as he rushed to his son's side. Rhyme assured himself the boy was alright before looking to Shaye, she had obviously taken the brunt of the attack.

"Shaye?" he asked after her softly as he looked her over. He hadn't thought to bring anything with him, but they were close to the maple tree.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
03-10-2019, 06:32 PM

Running through the territory well blood rain rivlets through her coats had perhaps been one of her worst ideas. Now that the danger was over, and the adrenaline began to fade from her system, she could truly appreciate her stupidity. Her legs grew weak, her voice hoarse and croaked. When she asked Noir to call for help, she knew that a howl was beyond her. She was sagging, reeling from the light headedness. She had lost too much blood. Foolish, truly foolish.

She vaguely heard Noir’s howl, heard the pounding paws of a wolf, heard him sniff about the boy, ensuring he was alright. She approved of this wolf's priorities, the young came first. But still, it would have been nice to have a shoulder to lean on about now…

As he came closer, she recognised him as Rhyme, looked up into his familiar, dueled eyes, and managed something that could be considered a wry smile. “Oh, now the cavalry comes” she said, and promptly collapsed, unconscious.

"Speech"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

03-10-2019, 06:58 PM
As his attention shifted to the wounded Shaye he would take in how serious her battle had been. She swayed on her feet, and a pool of blood gathered beneath her. All she managed as he asked of her was a witty quip and she was out. Thankfully he was there to catch her. "Dammit, Shaye." He blurted with out any thought about his present company. Rhyme positioned himself beneath her, and arranged her on his back so he might carry her to where medical supplies would be.

"Noir, run ahead and see if your mom can grab supplies and meet us." He didn't hold out hope that Tana was in, but he was going to rush with Shaye no matter.

She was heavy, but adrenaline rushed through his veins and he mostly stayed caught up with the boy. Thankfully they were even closer than he had thought, and only a few minutes passed by. He gently lay Shaye on the ground. Thankfully the massive holes in her neck had already stopped bleeding as heavily. He knew the moment he started seeing to her they would open back up.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

03-10-2019, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 04:47 PM by Seadragoness.)

It had been a long time since she had been injured badly enough for unconsciousness to take her. She began to come-to as she jolted along Rhymes back like a sack of potatoes, groaning softly under her breath as the motion brought her nausea to the forefront. She hated the feeling of helplessness as Rhymes powerful form drew her across the territory. she wasn't up to conversation, or moving, but that left her a lot of time for retrospection.

She had taken on crocodiles and bears and gotten less of a beating then today. She knew why, she had reacted quickly and carelessly in the pursuit of protecting a child. She would do so again  and again, even if this feeling of pain and weakness left her feeling as helpless as a babe. A child had been at risk, a child of Abaven. Perhaps she could have taken more care to avoid those fangs - she was growing too accustomed to sparing with another wolf, who's teeth could not penetrate as deeply.

When rhyme arrived and laid her gently on the ground of his den, she frowned softly again, but didn't open her eyes. She was deathly certain that if she did she would be violently sick, and had no desire for her alpha partner to see that. Instead she lay meekly there, at the mercy or his administrations, trusting he would tend to her as best he could. Her alpha partner deserved that trust.

"Speech"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

03-11-2019, 03:28 PM
Her soft groans of protest as he carried her closer to the maple tree let him know she was still alive. Rhyme did his best to be gentle in handling her, and she seemed to settle down well enough as he slipped her from his back. He looked to the back of her neck first, where the wound seemed to be. It was deep, deeper than he expected it to be. He whined softly to himself as he went over the rest of her quickly incase there was more injuries hiding.

She didn't seem completely conscious so he held back with his scolding. That could wait until later. The holes in her neck were his main concern, and he turned all of his attentions there. He wished this had happened after he been given more of a chance to restock his stores. Though Tana seemed to have added much of her own pieces.

He grabbed a few pieces of scrap leather that lingered near the pile of furs and made sure the bleeding had stopped.

He pulled some alcohol over, and soaked a piece of dry moss with it. Rhyme would use this to sterilize the wound first. He repeated this a few times, warning the half conscious Shaye it was going to sting each time. When he felt finished he realized all of his lambs ear was too dry to do any good. They would have to leave it open, or see if Vail had a different option.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

03-11-2019, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 04:48 PM by Shaye I.)

She lay there for a time, regretting her choices in life. Regretting that no wolf had answered her call as she rang out the alarm for the cat. Had her members been caught dozing? She would need to up border patrols, and ensure that predators understood a large pack resided here. A pack they didn’t want to mess with.

She would have liked some painkiller, bit a few good sniffs told her that Rhyme’s stores where mostly depleted after a long winter. Perhaps that was why his choice of healing was holding a piece of scrap leather to her wound to slow the bleeding. And alcohol, to sterilize the wound. Her breath hissed through her teeth at each careful administration. She was determined not to cry out, even if it stung like something crazy.

Once he was done, she sagged a little more, not realising until then how she had tensed up during his cleaning. At least now the wound wouldn’t get infected, who knew where those teeth had been, after all.

"Speech"

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

03-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Rhyme had much less finesse to his healing touch than his mother or Vail, much to Shaye's misfortune. He would have offered her more selection for pain management, but it was all gone. She hissed painfully as he cleaned her wound. "You can drink some if you need to." he guessed she had been done nursing for a while now, she was safe to consume alcohol if she wanted.

She was becoming more lucid as he worked. "If it hurts you know you're still alive." he teased, trying to bring her further from her clouded state. "We should get you some water." He looked around for Noir, who seemed to have conveniently disappeared. "Sorry, I'm not as good as Vail. Or nearly as well stocked." She had lost a lot of blood, now he was worried about her going into shock. "Let me know if you get start getting cold." He told her as he absently pushed some of the furs closer to her.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

03-11-2019, 04:55 PM

Rhyme began to speak steadily to her, and she appreciated the sound of his voice. It gave her something to latch on to, and she felt her head begin to clear a little. She groaned again, but she opened her eyes now, and well the world swam at first, with a bit of effort she watched it come into focus.

The first thing she saw was Rhyme, his form getting closer as he pushed a stack of furs her way. She snuggled up into their warmth, and was appreciative for it, through she tried not to jostle herself too much with the slight movements. “Then i’m definitely still alive.” she agreed wrly. “I could do with some red meat” she told him, knowing she would need the iron to replenish her lost blood. “And water” she agreed, forcing the words through her parched throat.

"Speech"

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

03-11-2019, 05:21 PM
As he spoke to her Shaye slowly surfaced, she was more aware with every question and before he knew it her eyes were fluttering open. He could tell she had some nausea, but as she returned to consciousness she asked for a meal and drink. That was a good sign at least.

He didn't realize he was smiling softly down at her as she snuggled in to the furs he offered. "Good, stay that way." he commanded her as he stood up. "I'll go fetch you something." he looked around for Noir again as he exited the den, but the boy was gone. He called out for Imperia, and asked her to bring Shaye a meal and he found a container to bring her some water in.

He returned to the den as imperia flapped down with a large chunk of deer haunch. Rhyme nodded in approval as she dropped it and he ducked into the den to present Shaye with the water. He returned to the outside and grabbed the meat, returning that to his alpha partner a moment later.