gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

UnderachieverLegendarySnake EyesLoserOoh La LaWinner
Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipOverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!
Ooh La LaScarredCritical Block!Dream WeaverAll Oozed OutDouble Master
Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
03-16-2019, 09:18 AM
"Talk" Walk

Well, it was safe to say that shit hit the fan pretty quick recently. Ever since that challenge, his uncle had spoken to them about leaving Abaven to pursue a pack of his own. Ignis, of course, had been excited about the idea. But as the days passed, he was feeling unsure. They had only been in Abaven for a couple of seasons, but he had made a friend or two in that time. He was hesitant about leaving them behind...but at the same time, he knew he wouldn't leave his uncle or sister. They were his family. His uncle had done his best to raise them and he and his sister had come so far with his guidance.

Sighing, he came to a stop beside the rapids and stood there as he looked out to the other side. Things would be different, he was sure. But the idea of righting the wrongs his father and elder brother had done to their name was appealing. But it wasn't even that as much as he was just feeling saddened over leaving his friend behind...he had come to enjoy Corvus' company. He was the first friend he ever had, after all. And the crimson boy had grown a certain fondness and attachment to him, even if he didn't quite realize it just yet.

Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Mammoth HunterPride - BisexualBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019Promptober 2019
03-18-2019, 08:08 PM

Things had felt a little weird since the challenge but Corvus wasn't going to dwell on it for long. He was a bit floored by the revelation that he'd had there about Shaye and Rhyme, but he wasn't letting it totally ruin his mood. Things in Abaven were.. decent. They'd been worse. He wasn't going to complain, that was for sure. He definitely had questions though and thought to seek out Peggy soon to have a chat with her over what he thought about things - but that wasn't on his mind today. He was wandering near the rapids, trailing after the scent of his friend Ignis, since he hadn't talked to him in awhile. Now he had some questions of his own for him too, since Ignis had seem pretty ticked off at the fight, talking to.. his brother, it seemed like? Yelling about his dad and stuff like that. Most of it had been a blur, but once he'd left and things had calmed down he wondered if his friend was alright.

Finally he caught him near the edge of the rapids, and approached with a slow grin. "Hey man," he shot him a casual greeting, noting he looked a little despondent. Not that frequently-glum Corvus was one to judge, and he wouldn't bother him about it unless he seemed like he wanted to talk. He slowed his pace as he drew closer, dropping to his hindquarters with a thud. "How've you been?" There, there was a roundabout way of asking him if he was alright since that crazy day.

Ignis

"You become the monster you fear the most"

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipOverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!
Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020
04-04-2019, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 01:42 PM by Ignis.)
"Talk" Walk

"Hey man," Ignis quickly turned his gaze to find Corvus approaching him. He had been so lost in thought that he failed to notice his scent and his approaching footsteps. He wasn't sure if he was surprised to see him or not. Thoigh he figured it should be the latter considering they lived in a pack together. He tried to brush off his feelings but all he could manage was a weak wag of his tail and a faux smile. But that smile slowly fell away when the earthen male asked how he was. Ignis frowned, wondering how he should go about answering that. He clearly wasn't the best at hiding what he was feeling...

He shrugged. The only move that felt...right. He decided. "I dunno...there's...alot happening right now, I think. Especially after...well, you know." Crimson gaze rose to seek out Corvus' own for a moment before he turned back to the water. He didn't even know where to begin with his thoughts. But he didn't want to leave Corvus hanging. But most of all...he was afraid to tell him that he might be leaving Abaven. And that was perhaps the thing that scared him most.

Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

04-05-2019, 05:10 PM

Ignis seemed mildly caught off guard by his approach. The rapids were the sort of place wolves often went to sit and mull over their thoughts; Corvus was no exception, so he figured maybe his friend had been deep in thought too. Instead of replying in a similar fashion, he was simply silent, returning a smile that seemed clearly forced. Now that I can relate to, too. Corvus merely nodded as if in understanding, giving Ignis room to think before speaking. Hell, maybe he didn't want to talk at all. Corvus wouldn't blame him for that.

But finally he spoke up, and Corvus nodded slowly. "Yeah?" He asked conversationally, as if encouraging him to keep going, if he wanted to. Corvus had been there that day, and he'd heard Ignis shouting at someone who was apparently his brother, saying he was no better than their father. Who was his father, anyway? It struck him suddenly that he didn't know much about Ignis other than that he'd come to Abaven with his uncle when he was a kid - he'd never pressed him for more information. "What happened that day, anyway? I mean.. obviously I was there, but it was a little hard to follow." He forced a small grin of his own, hoping Ignis understood what he meant and might want to talk about it.

Ignis

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-06-2019, 02:06 PM
"Talk" Walk

A drawn out sigh slipped past as he thought about everything that had happened up till now. He wanted to confide in his friend. While he was close to his sister and uncle, there were just some things he felt he couldn't tell them. Especially when it came to how he was feeling, because truth be told...he wasn't even sure how to feel. He wasn't sure how to put into words what he felt. "What happened that day, anyway? I mean.. obviously I was there, but it was a little hard to follow." Brows furrowed as he kept his eyes on the water. He was rooted to the spot as his mind went back to that fiasco of a challenge. It was funny how things happened so fast and escalated so much. Had they not gone and left well enough alone, maybe things would be different and he wouldn't have to think about this shit.

Finally, he took a deep breath before he spoke. "The blood covered alpha is my older brother. One from my father's first litter..." He swallowed past the lump that started to form in his throat, threatening to choke him as he remembered the stories his uncle told him. He and his sister wanted the truth and nothing more, and despite Ace's kinder nature, he didn't want to lie or hold back information when he and his sister pressed him for it. "My father raped others...my mother included before we were born. My brother Tyranis is from one of those litters, and I think...he was born in Abaven?"

That's what his uncle had told him, anyway. "Anyway, I guess my mom forgave my dad or something. Because we happened. But...my mom and dad ended up abandoning us. We were born in his pack, Ruina, and I was out on a training trip with my uncle for a few days...and...when we came back, everyone but my sister was gone. We found her in our den surrounded by coyotes. And if it wasn't for my uncle, she'd be dead." He cleared his throat, the youth not daring to take his eyes off the water. When he thought about Domina...he feared he would cry. And he didn't want Corvus to see that.

"We came here after that...and then...over the winter, he came back." Again, the lump formed in his throat, but this time he felt like he couldn't breath. "My father came back with my sister, Domina, and...he killed her. My uncle was talking to Tyranis when they heard a scream, and by the time they got there...she was dead. My uncle challenged him to a fight and won, but he wants my dad to pay with his life. And Ty? I guess he stood by and let it happen. He took Elias into his pack!" He scowled, hot tears beginning to flow. His hackles rose along his back as the anger and hurt flowed through him.

"Tyranis chose the side he wanted to stand on. And made himself an enemy. That's why my uncle tried to do what he did at that challenge, but Shaye messed it up!" He turned to look at Corvus. Anger and confusion and pain and a mix of other things swimming in his crimson eyes. "We're leaving Abaven when my uncle makes his pack." His gaze found the ground, his body shaking. He didn't really want to leave his friend behind, but he also didn't want to let his dad get away with what he'd done. "I...I can't let him get away with what he did..."

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

04-15-2019, 08:55 AM

Though he'd never really seen Ignis upset - until that day at the Battlefield - he was seeing a different side of him now, too. He didn't seem mad, just.. conflicted, maybe? And tired? Corvus wasn't terribly good at reading others, and he furrowed his brows as Ignis sighed and tried to collect his thoughts. Corvus wasn't sure what to expect but he definitely hadn't expected what he was about to say. That wolf had been his older brother - his father had raped to produce children, including his own mother. Corvus felt his eye twitch uncomfortably, but continued to listen and nod slowly.

His story had been more intense than he'd realized. All he'd really known when he'd first met Ignis was that he'd come to Abaven with his uncle and sister because it was safer. Now he understood just what he'd meant by that. He felt a frown pulling at his lips as he noticed tears beginning to form, though instead of consoling him - Corvus wasn't really the comforting sort of wolf, and they didn't really have that kind of friendship anyway - he simply averted his eyes and continued to listen. It sounded like he had some distrust for Shaye now, too, after she'd interfered.

Oh, and he was leaving Abaven. Wait, what? Corvus brought his gaze back to Ignis, his frown deepening as he tried to process his words. His one real close friend outside of his cousin and siblings was leaving, and the thought of that sucked, but he wouldn't be selfish and make this all about him. "Wow. That sucks," Corvus sighed simply, though he quickly tried to clarify what he meant. "I mean.. it sucks that you're leaving. I'm sorry you've gone through all that." But wasn't Abaven safer? Safer than going with his uncle to start a pack and seek vengeance? Corvus found it hard to wipe the frown off his face. "Just... be careful. That guy looked pretty crazy." That clusterfuck at the Battlefield had been an absolute mess and it wasn't a nice thought to imagine Ignis getting caught up in it all. "Do you have any idea when you guys will be leaving? Does Shaye know?" He licked his lips somewhat nervously, wondering how much longer he could hang out with Ignis before he left. The thought of leaving Abaven had never really crossed his mind, and though he wouldn't admit it to anyone - even Ignis - for a split second he found himself entertaining the idea.

Ignis

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

04-26-2019, 10:37 PM
"Talk" Walk

He felt bad for dumping everything on Corvus. His thoughts. His feelings. Hell, even the stupid tears that decided to spill without his wanting them to. He didn't blame Corvus for not knowing what to say, either. Ignis knew that it was a lot to understand. He didn't really understand it all himself. He was barely a yearling, and all of this had happened before he even turned a year old. He felt like he was growing up far faster than he should have and thrust into a twisted world of adulthood that he wasn't sure he was ready for just yet. He glanced at Corvus, knowing he was two years old already and an official adult. While he himself knew he wasn't one just yet, he sometimes felt like he was already there. Or had to be already thanks to the events that happened in his short life. He hadn't gotten the chance to really just be a kid...and he wasn't quite sure how to feel about that.

Wow. That sucks." Ignis' gaze found the ground for a moment, ears twitching the slightest as the earthen male went on to clarify. It was Ig's turn to sigh now, ears flattening as he looked at Corvus. "Just... be careful. That guy looked pretty crazy." He nodded, feeling a heaviness in his chest he hadn't felt before. He didn't feel too good about leaving. He was conflicted about it, honestly. "I can probably get crazier than him," He joked, trying to make the conversation a little lighter. He didn't like being all serious all the time, but, well...here he was. Being all serious and crying and thinking about stuff for once.

"Do you have any idea when you guys will be leaving? Does Shaye know?" He shrugged and frowned. "I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised if she found out sooner or later, Uncle didn't say we had to be quiet about it, so who knows." Although his uncle was spending an awful lot of time away from Abaven lately...maybe he had already told Shaye. Maybe not. He didn't know. Ignis didn't quite care about being quiet about it, either. Though Corvus was the only wolf he had mentioned it to so far..."I just...don't know how I feel about leaving. I kinda like Abaven, ya know? But..." He sighed again, feeling bad he was even thinking about it. He had made a friend in Corvus. And he didn't want to leave him behind..."I dunno, I try not to think about it too much. I just get sad when I do."

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

05-05-2019, 10:51 AM

Though Corvus was older, he didn't really feel much older at all. Ignis had been through a lot, even he knew that, and truthfully has own life had been rather easy, all things considered. Even though it probably sucked to say all that stuff out loud, he noticed Ignis seemed almost relieved.. even after starting to cry, able to crack a joke with him. Corvus grinned slightly in response, even if the expression was halfhearted at best.  "I don't doubt it. I'd never seen you mad before that day," Corvus offered lightly, trying to make a joke out of it too, despite how serious the topic at hand was.

He admitted he didn't know if Shaye knew about them leaving yet. Surely she wouldn't mind, right? A selfish part of him found himself hoping there was some way she could keep them here, but in the end Corvus didn't want that, either. Acere had helped him with his patrols, and Ignis was a good friend of his now.. losing them was going to suck, but there wasn't anything he could do about it.  "I mean," Corvus started after a moment of thought, trying to stifle a slight sigh.  "I'm sure you guys can still visit. Maybe we can even be allied packs," he suggested, knowing neither of them probably had much say in that. If Ignis and his uncle intended on seeking vengeance, he wasn't sure Shaye or Rhyme would want to get involved with things like that more than they already had - but what did he know?  "Either way, you'll always know where to find me. Just call when you're in the area, yeah?" He wondered if Ignis knew where Acere planned to settle down, but he decided against asking in, just in case the answer bummed him out.

But right now he didn't want to feel shitty, and he was sure Ignis didn't either. "You hungry at all? Maybe we can find something to eat?" And get Ignis's mind off topics like this, unless he wanted to keep talking as they went, he'd be cool with that too.

Ignis

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-11-2019, 05:24 PM
"Talk" Walk

"I don't doubt it. I'd never seen you mad before that day," That comment made him grin a little. He always tried to refrain from getting mad. He never really had a reason to be, but he was sure that wasn't the worst of it, either. God he completely appreciated Corvus more than he appreciated most others. He wasn't sure how he was going to cope not being able to seek him out for a friendly chat now and then, or train with him, or...anything. Though he wasn't entirely sure what his uncle planned to do with his pack, he was certain he'd at least be able to visit Corvus whenever he wished. Provided his friend didn't get too busy. "I'm sure you guys can still visit. Maybe we can even be allied packs," He was hopeful for that. Probably as much as his friend. If his uncle and Shaye got over their dumb little quarrel, maybe that could happen and he'd be able to visit. "Yeah, hopefully." His voice was optimistic, and even if Shaye and his uncle didn't get over whatever their crap was, he'd still try and visit anyway. Why should he have to abandon a friend because someone else didn't get along?

"You bet!" He grinned, tail wagging as he managed to pull out of his slump. He wasn't used to feeling like his emotions were all over the place, and certainly didn't like feeling like he was struggling with them, either. He wanted to be strong in body and mind. Not just one or the other. Yeah his sire was an asshole, but that didn't mean he had to be let alone get dragged down by the thought of him. When Corvus offered a bite to eat, Ignis nodded. He was all too eager to get his mind off of things and focus on something else. Like...spending time with his best friend before he had to go to wherever his uncle chose. He wasn't totally in on the details just yet, as it was stuff his uncle was still figuring out. "I could definitely use a bite to eat, what do you have in mind?"