Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTrick 2019
03-24-2019, 03:43 PM

Lament Pyre

The boy woke to a strange world, the barren feel to it was almost familiar, and he felt a name was on the tip of his tongue. After a moment, it still had not come. He turned his attention from the land, and moved it to the lovely girl beside him. His sister, he knew that instinctively, as instinctively as he knew his own name. Lament, was it not? He paused, troubled at the touch of uncertainty that followed. Thoughts that should have come naturally seemed sluggish and slow, and he got the distinct impression that something was wrong.

He almost began to pull his brows into a frown, and then stopped himself, lifting a paw, instead Hesitant disgust the motion read, at himself for acting as a barbarian would. A barbarian? This notion felt familiar, but no further information flowed. He digressed. His sister was there, and he looked into her familiar silver eyes and waited for her name.

And waited.
“Sister, there appears to be a fault in my memory” the words where calm, but a paw flicked suddenly, as through he simply could not sit still Distress the motion read. He knew she would see it Weary Curiosity. he motioned next, a plea for answers, with a hint of uncertainty at what he might receive when they came. Throughout it all, his eyes watched her paws, and his expression was as blank as a canvas, or a lake without ripples.

"Speech""Ademic"

Ballad I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-24-2019, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 05:58 PM by Seadragoness.)

Ballad Pyre

The flame marked girl stirred as a warm spring breeze tousled her dark ember flecked scruff. She blinked her stormy eyes and took in her unfamiliar surroundings. The smell of dried blood and gore surprised her, but the barren land reminded her of home. Then the thought was gone. Home? The memories retreated, the more she grasped for them the more they faded. She felt frustrated as her gaze shifted to the wolf beside her.

He looked like he could be her twin, but his flames were slightly brighter and more prominent over his back. His gaze was brighter too, liquid silver instead of stormy metal. This was indeed  her brother. She watched his paws fidget nervously, but she realized then she could discern the symbols. Her eyes widened slightly as she looked down at her own fiery paws. Confused worry, she signaled instinctively as the male spoke to her.

Her startling gaze returned to him as he spoke the obvious. Ballad didn’t know what to think, but she felt wrong. Something was terribly wrong, and she couldn’t put her nose on it. She mirrored his distress signal. ”I can’t remember either. I know my name is Ballad. I know you are my litter-mate. But.. everything else…” There was distress in her voice as well, but she did her best to cover most of it. Sick. She felt terrible, if there had been anything in her stomach she would have lost it.

"Speech"|"Ademic"

Where My Demons Hide

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

03-24-2019, 06:10 PM

Lament Pyre

He read the signs in her hands, and knew that her mind was as cloudy as his own. This barren place was not their home. There might be something familiar to its landscape, but there was so much more about it that was simply wrong. Even his disjointed thoughts could conceive that much. Seeing the emotion she reflectively signed for him, the distress clearly laid out for him to read, he could feel something else in his gut.

His anger was a slow burn, but it smoldered now in the depths of his soul. Something had happened to bring them here, something had taken their memories and stripped them bare. Something was responsible for the distress in his sisters heart. He had to know what. He pushed down the emotions, knowing it might be some time before they would see fruition.

“Ballad” he said her name like a sigh of relief. Yes, that was right, now that she said it, it fit neatly into place in his mind. Settling it like it belonged, like it had never been gone. “I know that I am Lament, and that this is not our home.” he would add to the small pile of knowledge they sprouted. It was a depressingly small list. Sick she signaled next, and he moved closer, brushing his side against her. Reassurance She was all he knew in the world. Studying her now told him her lean form was lithe in a fit, fighting way, strengh beneath her muscles that spoke of training and power. Warrior his mind supplied, and he knew this too, felt right. His sister was a warrior.

"Speech""Ademic"

Ballad I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-24-2019, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 06:47 PM by Seadragoness.)

Ballad Pyre

Ballad laid her head down as she suppressed the nausea that held her tight. She licked her dry lips as she continued to grasp at her stolen memories. Stolen. That seemed exactly what had happened, but she couldn’t recall  anything more than the feeling. The ember marked yearling looked up to her brother, Scared. She signed quickly, her nerves obvious in this action.

Lament said her name with relief, though she didn’t realize she couldn’t quite recall his name until he said it. He added his own observation and she nodded. This wasn’t right. This place was inhospitable, cruel. Home. She wished she could describe it. There was a yearning in her heart for that place. It would never be this cursed plane.

Her stomach settled enough she attempted to lift her chest from the ground. She leaned in to Lament’s side and leaned her head against his shoulder. The feeling of his well muscled shoulder brought her to the same conclusion Lament had internally made of her. The pair of them.. ”Training.” She said suddenly without thinking. With the word out in the air she could think on it further. ”How could we both be missing  so much?”

"Speech"|"Ademic"

Where My Demons Hide

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

03-24-2019, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 07:00 PM by Lament.)

Lament Pyre

Ballad leaned against him, and the weight of his sister at his side was a familiar one. They where a team, he might not remember much, but he knew this. Knew it with absolute certainty. She signed her fear in her paws, and after a moment he placed his paw over hers, the gesture said One and she would know it to mean that they where in this together. He removed his paw and straightened his posture, glancing cautiously around him. His blank face gave away nothing, but front paws moved and fidgeted before him, telling her his emotions as he felt them Weary caution, uncertainty, trepidation.

“Training sounds… right. We were here to train, weren’t we? But what does that tell us. Do we come here often? Perhaps we might catch out past scents, to lead us somewhere” he hypothesized, his thoughts trailing off curiosity. The barren place had littler coverage, and a wind swept through the dusty terrain, bringing with it the old scent of blood. He wasn’t certain if this was a training ground or a field of death, and it worried him that he did not know.

“As for our memory… I am uncertain. I feel we should find a healer” but it was strange that they had both lost their memories at the same time, woken up here together, somehow.. Less then they had been before. He felt growing certainty that this had been something that was done to them. Anger

"Speech""Ademic"

Ballad I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-24-2019, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 07:21 PM by Seadragoness.)

Ballad Pyre

Lament’s slightly larger paw fell over her smaller one with a comforting sign. She resisted the urge to smile as she sighed, ”Thank you, Lament.” He wasn’t her protector, that wasn’t right. More of a team mate. The two of them made the whole of their partnership. Balled felt the same emotions he did, she didn’t feel welcome here in this land.

Her brother continued her disjointed thought, her eyes roved the plain as he spoke. She couldn’t answer any of the questions, but she couldn’t argue with his thought. Uncertainty, she sighed as she finally stood up. ”Just don’t leave me.” She told him as she agreed with his idea. They needed to find out as much information as possible. Though the ember marked girl doubted their endeavor would grant them much more than they already had.

”I don’t know if they could do anything besides give us a clue. Do.. do you think we’ll ever get our memories back.” There was a tremble down her spine as she said it. The thought terrified her. Horror.

"Speech"|"Ademic"

Where My Demons Hide

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

03-24-2019, 07:32 PM

Lament Pyre

He glanced up towards her eyes, the molten silver of her tones wore the determination of her spirit. He touched eyes with her fleetingly, then moved his gaze back down to her paws. The gesture one given only in familiarity, in a culture where touching eyes and displaying emotions was considered barbaric. He read the uncertainty in her paws, and he understood it. He felt precariously balanced, like one on the edge of a cliff, pushed too far and he might just fall into the abyss. He couldn’t imagine losing everything. At least he had his name, a piece of their culture, at least he had her for without Ballad, he would have nothing.

“I promise” He said, certainty in his words. They were in this together, and would watch each others backs like old times a part of his mind whispered, but before he could catch the thought, it was gone again. His brow almost furrowed in frustration before he caught himself, and signed it with a paw instead.

“Yes” He said, putting more certainty in his voice then he actually felt. “There are.. Thoughts.. Memories in there, floating out of reach, I believe they can be reclaimed, with time.” he explained, though he had very little to go on to support this belief. It wasn’t like either of them knew if they had any experience with this or not.
“Come on” he said, flicking a tail at her. He didn’t want to just stand here and see what came their way, he wanted to move to higher ground and get a better idea of their surroundings. If this was an attack against them, they didn’t know that it ended with their memories Caution, perceive his hands flicked, pushing his own concerns into the emotions.

"Speech""Ademic"

Ballad I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-24-2019, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 07:51 PM by Seadragoness.)

Ballad Pyre

He promised to stay by her side and offered her a quick comforting gaze. In public you kept your eyes to yourself, and he didn’t linger before looking out over the battlefield. Her bright flame tipped tail flashed behind her as he told her with certainty that their memories would return. Her shoulders heaved in relief, but she knew she wouldn’t rid herself of the anxiety with only a word from her brother. He didn’t know anymore than she did.

She nodded as he mentioned the fleeting memories. If only they could capture them. She stifled a whine and signed Fear. As he distracted her with continuing. Balled let her shoulder gently bump Lament’s hip as she let him lead her. She felt lost and afraid, but having him next her coaxed her forward. She didn’t know if she would have even been able to stand had he not been beside her. As she walked beside him she tried to recall anything. Her eyes flicked from side to side in search of enemy or object to help jump her memories. She sniffed the air in hopes of catching a familiar scent.

"Speech"|"Ademic"

Where My Demons Hide

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

03-24-2019, 08:02 PM

Lament Pyre

It seemed Ballad was taking longer to recover from this loss of their memories. Lament was relying less on his emotions, his past. He let muscle memory guide him, the practicality that seemed to sit in the heart of who he was - even he now had to rediscover that. Something told her Ballad had lost more of herself, that what she was stemmed more from her memories, where who Lament was came from his body. He could only venture guesses here, having nothing to compare them to do.

He would give Ballad the time she needed to reclaim herself, but in the meantime he wouldn’t let her slide too far into her worries, and he would offer her whatever strengths he could provide. He would protect her, until she could protect herself. Compassion, strength his paws whispered to her, offering her both, before he led them onward.

At the edge of this field of war, he could see a rise in the land that connected onward to mountains. He had no intention of going that far, but he would use that rocky incline to help them plot a course. He heard the gentle thud of Ballad beside him, and occasionally would catch a glimpse of her nose to the air, scenting. He was doing the same, but looking less for their past, and more for the current. He needed to know if anything dangerous was coming their way.

"Speech""Ademic"

Ballad I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-24-2019, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2019, 01:02 PM by Seadragoness.)

Ballad Pyre

The two of them continued in silence, both taking in their surroundings like their lives depended on it. They very well did. They didn’t know how they had lost their memories, it was possible someone had ill will towards them. Balled didn’t like the thought at all, which led her to believe its truth. She felt another shiver of fear rush down her body and clung closer to Lament as he slowed and signed encouraging emotions.

She took in a deep breath as she followed him when he continued, leading them to a high point. A vantage point. She looked around them cautiously, worried she might spy one of those unknown ominous figures. There wasn’t anything. She paused for another moment, looking back to where the two of them had suddenly awoken together. Ballad tried to memorize the place, she didn’t have any memories yet, and though she was scared she didn’t want to forget again.

She rushed to catch up to Lament, who hadn’t gotten but a few steps ahead of her. Her gaze caught his ears and eyes shifting as he took in his surroundings with intensity. ”Is something wrong?” He probably didn’t notice anything more than she had, but she voiced the question anyway for reassurance.

"Speech"|"Ademic"

Where My Demons Hide

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

03-24-2019, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2019, 01:06 PM by Lament.)

Lament Pyre

His movements spoke of caution, and Ballad caught on to the tension in his stride. He was aware when she paused a moment, taking in the scene they had left behind. He slowed but didnt stop, and after a moment she returned to him. Her words voiced the question they both held close to their hearts 'was something wrong’ he was not certain. All he knew was the feeling in his gut that spoke of something out there. An unknown force that meant them ill.

It could well be that their attacker (if that is what happened) was far gone now, and his lingering doubts were left over flavours of what he had endured. Without his memories, he could not say. All he knew was his caution, and his burning desire to keep them both safe. He got the impression he had been known for his intensity and his seriousness. They were just floating pieces of who he was, nothing concrete or clear for him to draw on. frustration/his paw gestured between one step and the next as he felt the hopelessness of what they must do. Find people who knew them, find answers, find themselves.

They hit the high ground and the walking got harder. He felt the innate strength in his muscles as they warmed to the exercise. A day's hard work was no stranger to him, he filed that tidbit away to dwell upon later. He had already guessed that the both of them were fighters. He continued onwards until he hit a spot he was happy with, then he settled in and began to build a map in his mind of the world beneath him.

"Speech""Ademic"

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
03-25-2019, 09:28 AM
Chaos was making his way through the familiar terrain of the battlefield. His owls weren't immediately with him, though they were within eyesight - they were hunting the meadow mice stirred up in the wake of his trail, so were much less occupied with staying with him and more interested in a leisurely meal together. Chaos suspected that they were preparing for a clutch of eggs this year now that spring had come. A stray scent took his attention from his winged friends, and Chaos paused his his ears alertly forward and his nose and eyes searching. There, struggling up a rise in the ground, a pair of yearlings. His brows rose at the fiery coloring, but who was he to talk? Even with his own unusual pelt and fangs aside, he'd sired at least two pups even more oddly colored than these two, and while Lyra was somewhat less unusual colored than his sons she was definitely not by any definition normal. His niece and nephews from Artemis and Angel's litter were just as unusual, too.

His eyes narrowed thoughtfully at the way the two young wolves pressed together, one clearly leading the other and both looking around them with the look of someone certain they were being hunted. He hesitated to get caught up in rescuing every stray that crossed his path... but both of them had the look of someone with a great deal of physical training. Hunter, fighter, or just someone with the self-discipline to stay in peak condition - Legion could certainly use more of that. And they were young still, young enough to influence and young enough to provide friends, training rivals, and potential mates for the many other yearlings in the pack already. Assuming they were a good fit personality-wise, that was.

Their already-suspicious gazes swept across the lower land, so Chaos made no effort to hide his approach or pretend to be just passing by, instead trotting directly towards them after hailing them with a friendly "Hey!" They'd probably be even more suspicious if he sneaked up on them, which would put them on edge and be entirely counterproductive.

Slowing to a stop near the pair of them, he was surprised by how small they both were. He was used to his own and Angel's kids, and his two had been as tall or taller than these two yearlings by the time they were six months old. It was a bit of a surprise to see yearlings of a more ordinary height. He blinked down at them. "You look a bit lost," he said, then cast his own gaze out over the land like the boy had been. "Someone chasing you or something?"

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!
Unless otherwise mentioned as absent, assume that both Great Horned owl companions are nearby
Chaos speaks in a strong lisp, which I am usually too lazy to write

Ballad I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-25-2019, 12:58 PM
Ballad didn't miss the stiffness in her brother's movements or the caution in his step. Whatever or who ever had caused them all this grief was still out there. She was scared of the uncertainty, but also the nagging feeling of missing the big picture. She literally remembered nothing of how they got here or where they had come from. She was lost, and she clung to Lament like she was about to lose him too. Her litter mate said nothing to the question as the two of them began their climb, but she didn't miss his sign.

Ballad didn't know if frustration or fear held tighter away over her emotions, but like she had been raised her face remained devoid of either. She pressed against Lament, finding no comfort from his silence as they came to a halt at the rise.

She looked over the barren plane and her stormy gaze caught sight of a pair of owls. That in itself was odd for the time of day. She nudged Lament silently as she found the stranger then. He was big, intimidatingly so. However her silvery gaze didn't miss the saber like fangs that protruded from his maw. These were larger and more pronounced than hers or Lament's, and didn't put her anymore at ease.

He had obviously seen them, his voice as well as his presence suddenly garnering her attention as he made his way towards them. Ballad remained blank faced, but pushed further into Lament's side. She didn't see any recognition in his features, and he didnt spark any memories within her. He could tell they were lost and laid voice to their silent fears, that someone was after them.

She didnt know how much they could trust this stranger if at all. His appearance giving her only the slightest but of comfort in the familiarity of his enlarged canines. The young girl rallied her courage to answer his enquiry.

"We are lost in more ways than one." She managed to say, "And we dont know, we can't really remember anything from before we woke up here." Ballad looked back to Lament, hoping she hadn't said too much.
Where My Demons Hide

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

03-25-2019, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2019, 01:16 PM by Lament.)

Lament Pyre

His map had him casting his eyes in different direction, but the moment Ballad nudged him he would glance in her direction, and onwards. He would see the owls first as well, and his clear silver eyes would take them in with internal surprise. His eyes came back down to the landscape, and would alight upon the stranger.

He got back to his feet, the movement so swift and fluid he scarcely knew he was doing it. He was following muscle memory again, The protective stance one his body must have known well. Attentive his paw fidgeted to his sister to get her attention Caution, uncertainty his paws whispered in the ways of their people. His blank expression looked to the strangers paws, but they did not answer in kind. He had a strong feeling this man was a barbarian.

His message to his sister had also come to late, as she easily spilled the story of how they had lost their memories to a man who was a complete stranger to them. A glance towards his face told her nothing about him was remembered to Lament, and he did not believe he knew him at all. The fangs where interesting, his sharp teeth not dissimilar to their own.

“Yes” he said quietly “Our memories of the day are lost to us” he would not divulge that the entirety of their memories where gone, and hoped that would be enough to cover for his sisters slip. “Did you cross paths with any other before us?” he would enquire, perhaps this man might have seen something or someone that related to their incident.

"Speech""Ademic"

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
03-25-2019, 09:13 PM
Chaos' brows rose at the young female's admittance of not being able to remember anything from before they woke up there. The boy was quick to clarify that the day's memories were gone. A bit of a fishy sort of dissonance between the two stories, but that wasn't that which raised his brows in surprise, but rather the matched set of long, slender fangs that extended from each nearly-identical muzzle. They were not quite like his own broad, flat fangs, but nearer to it than the ordinary fangs of a wolf. "Huh," he said simply in surprise, mismatched eyes going from widened to narrowed in thought. If he believed in fate he'd say it was fate that brought him a matched pair of long-toothed yearlings, but since he didn't he had to think it was a very pleasant coincidence. "I'm no healer but I'm pretty sure memory loss is never a good thing," he added dryly. "It's no wonder the two of you look as spooked as a rabbit in a den of foxes. I'm sure you've both just been sitting here wondering when the other paw's going to come down on you."

Unless otherwise mentioned as absent, assume that both Great Horned owl companions are nearby

Ballad I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-26-2019, 08:22 AM
She has spoken too freely as was made obvious in Lament's words as he subtly corrected her statement. She couldn't believe that this was the wolf responsible for their misery, he obviously did not know them. With the way his emotions skimmed across his face she knew he was a... wasn't a what? What were the two of them that this massive fanged man was not? The pain of her lost memories were further suppressed as she refused to let the emotion show on her features.

Ballad watched the stranger with a blank face as he spoke. Her paws fidgeting beneath her as she signed to Lament. uncertainty, hope her paws said as she glanced in her litter mate's direction.

The man didnt offer sympathy, it was more understanding than anything. Ballad didnt know if it was a relief or made her feel more suspicious that he could understand their situation so easily. "We thought a healer would be beneficial." She agreed with him as she wondered why he was spending his time on them. He smelled like a pack and an alpha, two things she could never forget.
Where My Demons Hide

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

03-26-2019, 04:01 PM

Lament Pyre

Seeing his sisters gestures, he realised she would feel safer around a larger group of wolves. Being almost alone without her memories was disturbing to her. What was she hoping here, that this man might accept them into the fold? His scent spoke of many wolves, and Lament could hypothesis that he came from some sort of large family. Reluctant Understanding his paws would say. If his sister would feel more protected surrounded by strangers, then he would, abide reluctantly, chance his tactic.

“I’m Lament, my sister here is Ballad.” He loosened his protective stance, through not by much. If this man did offer them any hostility, Lament was prepared to fight for them. He could only hope his fighting abilities were as tied into his muscles as everything else he had remembered so far. He didn’t take well to the idea of being called a spooked rabbit, but none of his offense would be noticeable to the stranger. His expression was a blank page of cool calm. Wounded Suffering, Wry Patience-Hint Of Acceptance, Secret Smile He teased his sister as his paw fidgeted quietly beneath him, whispering his emotions. She would understand in them that he accepted this stranger if she truly wished for them to go with him. If, indeed, he would even offer such a thing.

The stranger did not answer his question, but perhaps that in itself was in negation, that there had been no body to see, and nothing to respond on. He was starting to get the impression that whoever had done this to them was lost in the wind. Cautious Acceptance “Do you know of a healer that might aid us?” He would ask this fanged stranger.

"Speech""Ademic"

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
04-01-2019, 09:32 PM
Chaos studied the two young wolves. They seemed to be communicating in some non-verbal way, something beyond the usual body language that wolves automatically added to their words. For a moment he had the laughable idea that they were psychic, of all things, but Chaos was entirely too realistic to entertain that idea for long regardless of how amusing it was. He tilted his head to the side as they spoke aloud to him, and nodded slowly. "My pack has a few well-trained healers among us," he told them. "If you are interested in seeing if they're able to help you, I would be more than happy to bring you that way. My name is Chaos Saxe - I am alpha of Legion, not far from here."

Ballad I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail

Treat 2019
04-02-2019, 03:10 PM
Lament introduced the two of them after he offered her comfort in the form of silent emotions. She quickly set her silvery gaze upon him before returning to her efforts of keeping her eyes to herself. Her brother seemed to relax slightly with her words and signed emotions. He continued, signing his emotions as Chaos offered his opinion about healers.

Lament would be cautious, but seemed to reluctantly entertain the idea of accepting help from this fanged alpha. He seemed relaxed, not offering any hint of animosity towards the two of them. Ballad wanted to trust him, especially as he offered the use of his healers. For he was an alpha and beneath him he had trained medics.

Hope. She signed to Lament as she glanced towards him for reassurance and took her turn to speak for the both of them.

”We appreciate the offer, Chaos Saxe.” Ballad replied, her voice similarly devoid of emotion like her features were. ”We’d like to meet with one of your healers.”
Where My Demons Hide

Lament

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Glacier

04-02-2019, 03:35 PM
Lament Pyre

He knew that if the choice was solely up to him, he would take Ballad away into isolation, where they could fend for themselves and recover their memory, watching their backs against the potential threat. Entering the society of barbarians wouldn’t have factored into his plans, but he knew that Ballad would not thrive in the conditions he would have planned for them. Isolation would not have treated her well, so he stood in silence as the man offered his healers, and a trip to the lands he ruled.

Gentle encouragement, deferment
He whispered to his sister as her paw spoke of hope, letting her know that the choice was hers. He was not their leader, they where equals, and well he might have taken charge well she was afraid and disorientated, he let himself fall back now.

When his sister made the choice he already knew she would, he would incline his head just so. Letting the man know that their agreement was mutual. He was already reevaluating his plans, factoring in this man and his pack, and the potential of it being their base of operations. The man did not say they were welcome to stay, only to visit, and that was a start. Having a healer look over them was wise, to ensure that no further damage was done past their memories.

"Speech"|"Ademic"