gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

Treat 2019
04-12-2019, 06:29 PM
Gold rimmed eyes blinked back the sun as its light flashed through the foliage above the ivory pelted god. Thoth had only recently left the company of his maternal family, though he knew they were only the mortal renditions. He had been born out of the language, as the word was so was he. He thought it only fitting that the mother of his mortal body be named hieroglyph.

The sun was high in the cloudless sky that mid spring day, the leaves on the trees were close to being fully developed. Thoth: the god of medicine, and the boy had barely any knowledge of the plants around him. He knew what his grandmother had taught him, but he seemed to have lost his godly knowledge of healing. An unfortunate circumstance.

The Ithuriel boy looked around now, hoping he might find something familiar. It would be easier to begin a store before something happened than after. The fruit trees had started blooming, a promising sign for the harvest in the fall. He hadn’t experimented with fermentation yet, but he knew alcohol had a plethora of uses. Thoth would remember where this was when the fall season returned.

He didn’t recognize many of the plants that grew here, but they weren’t quite through spring yet and some would look different as the season changed. For now he’d have to settle with collecting mint. When you ate a few leaves a day the plant could help with digestion. He liked it because of the smell, and the fact that it also freshened the breath. If he could manage to find some watertight containers he might pick some of the longer stems, place them into the water, and have fresh mint for days after. Of course, when grown they spread quickly so if he could manage to get a grove going…

The tall boy remained distracted by his plant of choice, gold rimmed ears perked and eyes on the green stems. However his gaze was far off and distant, his mind obviously lingering in distant plains.

wc: 345
Where My Demons Hide

Anubis

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
04-12-2019, 07:57 PM

A veritable titan stood amongst the trees. Much larger than the wraith himself, though the larger male stood out like a sore thumb among the foliage. The golden markings upon him were familiar, in some ways mimicking his own. The build, too, was nearly identical. Though Anubis was far more sickly looking, all frail bones and thin fur. This was a far more sculpted physique, designed more for admiration than he. Lurking in the shadows, the delicate male eyed the strange male. He was admiring a mint plant quite closely. Considering its usefulness, perhaps? Slowly, carefully, the male slunk from the foliage to reveal his darkened form. Mismatched gaze appraised the larger male, wondering if he needed to be concerned.

"I use that to cleanse my palate quite often, after I've spoken with the spirits." lilting vocals crooned, each syllable wreathed in an Arabic accent. Sometimes, his encounters with the dead were too vivid and he became sick. As an afterthought, he added "It's also good to use on patients who are vomiting, so the taste does not linger and worsen their condition."

Tail swept idly across dark heels, curious gaze drifting from the strange male to the plant in question. The bright green of the stems and leaves meant that it would be more potent in taste. A few delicate, swaying steps brought him closer to the herb. "I would enjoy having some of this in a garden, once I settle somewhere. It's a very useful little plant. How would you gather it, stranger?"

(word count: 291 // total: 636)

Speech

Thoth

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

Treat 2019
04-12-2019, 08:25 PM
Thoth’s mortal body was young, and he hadn’t quite learned the hardest lessons of life yet. His size made him intimidating for most, but he was not in the least built for fighting. His long delicate legs were testament to an easy life. He was a scholar and a thinker, not a fighter. He worked in facts and whispers instead of tooth and claw. So Thoth didn’t realize he had company until the midnight wolf spoke.

”...spoken with the spirits.”

Thoth turned slowly towards the newcomer, taking in his shorter stature, if not identical body style. The accent he held even more familiar than the markings that marred his face. The golden gilded boy god tilted his head slightly, his curiosity obvious as the stranger continued his words. Thoth remained still as the stranger drew more near to the plants in question. He mulled over the knowledge offer so freely, of uses Thoth had not been made aware of through teaching or experience. He wouldn’t forget what was given.

..in a garden…

The young alabaster deity nodded softly in agreement, he too would want some of this close at hand. ”Thoth Anhk Ithuriel,” the boy added before answering. ”When my grandmother transplanted anything she dug around the plant she wanted to move, making sure not to disturb the roots, and placing them in a hole about the size of the root ball. She said always remember to water thoroughly after transplant. With Nile water if possible.” He knew that would never happen here, but maybe they could find a similar life giving body of water.

”You sound like you could be from my home.” It was a statement rather than a question, if he hadn’t recognized his name before he wasn’t from the mother land.

wc: 305
Where My Demons Hide

Anubis

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
04-13-2019, 09:47 PM

Slender, elegant cranium tilted as the larger male regarded him curiously. The wraith blinked at him. It seemed that the male agreed with his desire to cultivate the herb, and was quick to offer his opinions. Not, however, before introducing himself. ”Thoth Anhk Ithuriel,” he offered. A soft, surprised grunt huffed past his nostrils. ”When my grandmother transplanted anything she dug around the plant she wanted to move, making sure not to disturb the roots, and placing them in a hole about the size of the root ball. She said always remember to water thoroughly after transplant. With Nile water if possible.”

A thoughtful hum slipped past his lips, brow quirked. This was an interesting, well informed concept. He hadn't tended a garden before, so he would accept the advice. Gaze drifted towards the mint plant once, more considering it for a moment. He would have to catalogue this location to gather it at a later date. ”You sound like you could be from my home.” the pallid male posited.

"Anubis Ithuriel," the onyx doll crooned, introducing himself with a polite dip of his dark crown. There was a hint of a smile toying upon his inky lips, amused to have encountered another of his mysterious half siblings. "Poscit, frater." he added. Perhaps this one had not been taught the language of the divine, but it would serve as an interesting test. "I like your method, Nile water is much lower in salt, and would not poison the plants. I may have to use that method in the future."

Tipping his crown to the north, the male took a few steps away. "Care to explore further? There are more herbs to see, I'm sure." should the larger male choose to follow him, he would lead the way towards the north- where they might have more luck to find other plants to investigate.

(word count: 349, total word count: 1290)
Speech

Thoth

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

Treat 2019
04-14-2019, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2019, 01:37 PM by Thoth.)
The stranger did not interrupt him, but Thoth didn’t miss the surprised snort from the stranger. He hadn’t guessed before but as his name slipped from midnight lips but know Thoth knew for sure. Another half sibling. The golden gilded boy blinked back his surprise, ”Well met.. brother.” The words were in common tongue, he could understand the language better than he could speak it. The inky god went on as Thoth wondered how all of the celestial beings could be born into this earth. How was everything even functioning if the heavens were deserted? The Ithuriel boy tried to rid his mind of the questions, this was not the time for them.

Now was not the time to be collecting said mint plant, and Thoth nodded his agreement. Continue on, see what they could find. Then what? Would the two of them stay together? Scout out a place to start settling down where a garden might actually make sense? Thoth didn’t know, but for now tried to focus on the task at hand. His gaze returned to reality as his thin legs carried him after Anubis.

Thoth lifted his head to the air, taking in the scents of all the flowering plants around them, and found something his half brother might find interesting. ”I can smell honeysuckle up ahead.” He offered to the shorter Ithuriel. ”It can be used as a mild disinfectant, and reduces inflammation.” It smelled so floral as well, he liked to dry the flowers and use them in his potpourri.

wc: 263
Where My Demons Hide

Anubis

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
05-12-2019, 10:12 PM

ooc. sorry for the wait!!!

It was reassuring to know that he was not the only one to be consistently baffled by the sheer numbers of their family, and all it's half blood siblings. A wry smile twisted his lips, both comforted and amused by the larger boy's reactions. Thankfully, the boy seemed keen on following after him in search of other herbs. There was a chance for further conversation, a sharing of knowledge. They strolled along together in silence for a few moments, and the male glanced over to notice the pallid male scenting the air. He hesitated for a moment, but joined in. The heady aroma of the surrounding area was a broad mingling of floral scents, and he couldn't pick out anything specific that might be especially worth pointing out.

"I can smell honeysuckle up ahead." Thoth announced, much to the wraith's delight. He hummed curiously, hoping to encourage the young man to explain further. ”It can be used as a mild disinfectant, and reduces inflammation.” he said, and Anubis was decidedly intrigued. Sweeping his dark tail across his heels, he gestured with a tilt of his head for Thoth to lead the way. "Care to lead the way? I don't think I've seen this plant before, and I'm curious." he offered encouragingly, and if the boy chose to continue, he would follow along at his side. All the while, he sought to occasionally scent the air for anything that was familiar to him. Perhaps he could find something else to add to his garden in the future.

The ebony male was hoping he could locate some new herbs to aid him in commune with the spirits, as using one plant consistently could lead to an addiction or a loss in effectiveness over time. Switching between a broader array of stimulants would keep him from becoming like the oracles of his home. "Tell me, Thoth, are you training to become a healer? You seem familiar with the techniques." he was curious about the life the younger male had led before he'd been brought to these lands.

(Word count: 369, total word count: 1922)

Speech

Thoth

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

Treat 2019
05-13-2019, 01:56 PM
Thoth continued on towards the plant he had thought to have smelled while Anubis followed along behind him. His older brother didn’t know about the species Thoth had mentioned, but its uses weren’t common knowledge. His grandmother had taught him most of what he knew, which wasn’t a huge amount he was sure. The question continued, and the dark Ithuriel asked Thoth of his studies. The boy hung his head slightly at the thought. The only wolf he knew who loved him unconditionally had been his maternal grandmother.

”Training, yeah. Though i have no teacher and my schooling is incomplete.” He told his half sibling as his long legs drew him to the fragrant plant. ”My Grandmother taught me most of what I know, so a lot of my knowledge is about arthritis.” He mused softly, ”I’ll have to get somewhere more arid to find some yucca. The root is a decent anti-inflammatory, and sometimes works for headaches.” He mentioned as he sniffed at the flowers.
Where My Demons Hide