ardent

Nearing The Time

Arwel

gems
size
build
player
07-05-2014, 09:10 PM

He felt ashamed of himself. He had heard the call of challenge, had gone to hear the news, though he had not been there to witness to the fight. Valhalla... It was no more. Not the one he had grown in. The alphess had lost and with it the wolves of the pack had been misplaced. They held such loyalty for their leader... He was sure that they would follow her anywhere. The male would heave a sigh, ears lowered as he returned back to the ravine. Spring had arrived, yet Arwel was not quite ready to leave this place with Emily. There was yet one more thing he needed to review with her. Wolves in a pack worked in a unit... And sometimes... There was a need to defend themselves from other packs or even rogues who had done lost their damn minds. Arwel had to make sure Emily was ready to fight... And though he would not fight her he would review with her defenses and stance positions. Throwing back his head Arwel would let loose a howl for his mate, his low song filling the air.

"Normal.
Speech.
Thought.
You."

Emily

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-05-2014, 09:12 PM

"I'd Walk To The Ends Of The World To Be With You."

Emily was not far away hunting a rabbit. She, along with Arwel had been preparing to make there trip to Olympus and she was hoping that they were getting close to going. Not that she minded being in the ravine. It had its own charm and felt safe, but Olympus was a place that Emily could always be by Arwel side every day.

Emily had just cornered the rabbit and was moving in for the kill when she heard a howl and knew right away Arwel was calling for her. Emily gave the rabbit one last look before turning away and quickly hurrying to her mates side.

"Hear Me Talk,"

"Listen To Arwel,"

'Read My Thoughts.'

Arwel

gems
size
build
player
07-05-2014, 09:14 PM

Arwel would not have to wait long before his beloved Emily would come, arriving at a quick pace to come up to his side. Arwel would gently press into her side, licking her ear as a soft rumble of happiness left him. Winter had been a hard and stressful season. Losing Meili, losing Valhalla, even if he had left it... He wasn?t sure what to think or believe when it came to things anymore. The brute would shake those thoughts from his mind, however, and instead focus on Emily and why he called her.

?My dearest Emily... The time for us to leave for Olympus will be upon us soon. However... There is something that I would like for us to do first. As you are aware being in a pack means that you will have a lot of responsibility... And one such responsibility is being ready for battle, should the pack ever need you to lend your strength to their cause.? Arwel would move from her side, walking in front of the she wolf and turning to face her.

?...Shall I go over some basics to refresh your memory? I?m not sure how much you?ve kept up on your battle training, or even if the other pack taught you all you needed to know...?

"Normal.
Speech.
Thought.
You."

Emily

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-21-2014, 04:25 PM

Emily would return his licks nuzzling her mate happily. As she stood there looking onward at her loving mate what he said had caught her off guard. Basics? The pack Arwel had left her with had taught her the basics of fighting but it had been so long since she had practiced she wasn?t sure if she had remembered them all.

?... Um.. Well sure if you?d like to refresh my memory for me I guess that would be okay. I know my old pack you left me with...? She paused to stare at Arwel for a second. ?Taught me some of the basics but I?m not sure how thorough they were so sure if there?s anything you?d like to teach me I?m all for learning.?

"Hear Me Talk,"

"Listen To Arwel,"

'Read My Thoughts.'

Arwel

gems
size
build
player
07-21-2014, 04:28 PM

"I Found Love In Your Heart... Just Waiting For Me All Along."

Arwel would give a slow nod, his cerulean eyes shining a bit. He was glad that Emily agreed, mostly so that in teaching her he could ease his mind about all that she knew. He saw she could hunt, mostly small game but, well, they were only two wolves after all. That and he was still trying to protect her, fighting hard to do so. Arwel would give her another lick upon her cheek before crossing a bit in front of the brown and white wolf, his gaze meeting her own of vibrant green.

?First and foremost are defenses. Defending yourself in battle is one of the most important thing that you can do to help ensure your victor. Eyes, ears, neck, and throat are more vital areas, and unless defended your opponent will go after them.? The male would pin his ears back against his head, narrow his eyes, scrunch his neck, and tip his chin forward, demonstrating the defenses for his mate.

?These are the defenses you use to protect those areas. To give added defense to your neck you can also roll your shoulders forward, like so,? He would then demonstrate before continuing. ?And, by aligning your head to your spine, as I?ve done by pure instinct, it aids you as well. Your tail also needs to be defended, however, as an opponent can use it against you. Depending on your position against them it can either be aligned with your spine and raised, or tucked to help prevent it from being bitten.? He would then move on.

?You also want to keep your stand a bit widened, with weight evenly distributed. Keep your knees bent, to be ready to move... And keep your core tightened, to be ready for impact.? He would relax, looking to the femme. ?You try now, my love.?

"Hear My Voice,"

"Listen To Emily,"

'Read My Thoughts.'

Emily

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
07-21-2014, 04:48 PM

Emily would watch as Arwel would show her the different defense positions before trying to mimic him. Defending her tail was easy enough, rolling her shoulders and aligning her head to her spine was a bit more difficult than she had remembered as she hadn?t practiced as much as she should have.

Her biggest problem was was practicing her eyes, ears, neck and throat. By themselves she could copy his positions with ease but when she tried to put them all together she found she had a lot of difficulty. ?Arwel i can?t seem to get the hang of this. Is there some trick to doing it??

"Hear Me Talk,"

"Listen To Arwel,"

'Read My Thoughts.'