size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
05-04-2019, 08:26 PM
Rhyme returned to his worked leather bracers, he still hadn’t quite been able to get them completely figured out. They were getting close, but didn’t quite fit his vision. Having a primate to help him would have been an immense improvement, but he was making due. Imperia and Solitude her a decent help, their beaks incredibly versatile. They were able to imprint the details he sought.

He was still debating how he was going to make the leather black. In the end he wanted bracers with the shape of a raven’s wing imprinted into the leather. He would have been happier if he could cut the individual feathers out, but he wasn’t that good yet.

Rhyme lowered his marked haunches on the stone and put a paw over one of the pieces he had been working on the other day. Both ravens hopped forward curiously as they awaited some kind of command.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
05-04-2019, 08:32 PM
Shaye came by for a closer look as she saw Rhyme leaning forward, the Ravens watching him with intense, beady eyes. She approached to the sight of the braces, which looked remarkably better finished since the last time she had glimpsed them. “These are coming along really well.” she commented, as she plopped herself in the earth beside him. “What do you think you have left to do to get them completed?” she wondered, nudging one of them with her nose.

She was seeing a few wolves these days decked out in what could pass as armour. She was starting to see the benefit of heading into danger with a few extra pieces on. Considering how many predators her and Rhyme knocked away near the borders of their pack. Or that big cat that had nearly pounced on Noir. Would have saved her some pain if she had been wearing something even better than her thick coat to protect her. “And when do you think you’ll be taking orders.” she teased him. She definitely wanted some of her own, but for now she would see what she could do to help him with his own.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

05-04-2019, 08:41 PM
Shaye appeared shortly after he sat down and Rhyme couldn't help the smile that flittered to his features. Imperia and Solitude hopped back, their black and white wings causing a flurry as they removed themselves from the she wolf’s path. Solitude hopped to Rhyme’s shoulders as Imperia took to poking at the other bracer with her thick beak.

”Thanks, still needs work though.” He fidgeted with the piece Imperia had fixated upon. ”A way to fasten them to my limbs, and refining the design.” Not much to be honest, but he felt like he’d been at them forever. ”Oh, and I’d like them to be black.” He added, almost forgetting the aesthetic. Of course, that was purely visual and he’d just be happy when they were finished. He couldn’t help but chuckle as she mentioned making doubles.

”That might be a little longer. I’d need more help if we wanted to fit the whole pack.” Of course it wasn’t a bad idea, upping the defense of those in the pack.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

05-04-2019, 08:51 PM
He would go on to mention some of the things it needed, such as a way to fasten it to his body and dye it black. She thought over it for a moment, uncertain what they could use to tie them. “I’ve heard of wolves making rope from the fibres of plants, perhaps we could ask around some healers to see if they have any ideas.” she suggested to him. They could also branch out and ask some of their allies, wolves from Fyri or Kesali perhaps.

“Dying it should be easy, blackberries stain rather easily. We could even get the pups to gather us enough to mix together.” she would offer to him. She took a proper seat beside him, the bracers between them, and his ravens, which had scrambled at her approach, where still around. She tired to think what else she could offer him, but that was all that came to mind for the moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

05-04-2019, 09:27 PM
His alpha partner was quick to come up with an idea of making rope. He had a similar idea, but different in obvious ways. ”I also debated about long strips of softened leather, or a few of those strips braided for strength.” He trusted the braided leather to stay on the most to be honest, however he hadn’t done much experimenting yet. Instinct told him to trust leather over dried plant material though.

Rhyme hadn’t thought about staining them with blackberries. ”Wouldn’t that make them kind of sticky?” He asked while managing a good natured chuckle. There was always washing them, he was still working on getting the rigid shape. Hot water had been his best friend. ”The kids would enjoy that.” He mused softly, he hadn’t had any good ideas for the color. ”Do you want to see how the ravens make the feather pattern?” He asked, while searching her bright blue eyes.

Things had been hard between them recently, though he couldn't deny they had been working hard to mend the relationship. His confidence seemed to raise everyday, teaching his pups had probably helped the most. Simply being in their presence made him better. He hoped Shaye could see the improvement he felt.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

05-04-2019, 09:34 PM
“Hmm” she mused thoughtfully, eyeing the materials at hand. “I like the idea of leather strips better” she approved happily. It seemed at this rate Rhyme was also going to be their resident expert crafter. He had taken an interest in all sorts of things, like his knives, and now this.

“You use blackberrys, salt and water.” She explained to him, giving a gentle laugh at the idea of sticky bracers. He pointed out the raven pattern and she leaned closer to inspect it better. “I definitely would. You going for a Raven Warrior look?” she teased him, but she had to admit, quietly, and only to herself, that he would look rather fine with black raven bracers, his two raven companions in the air above him. He just needed a coat, for a really dramatic flair. She laughed, but if he asked, she would refuse to explain herself.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

05-07-2019, 01:03 PM
Shaye was quick to approve of his idea about the braided leather and he nodded approvingly, likely he’d make a few prototypes and decide on the best ones for himself. He could give the other ones to the pups, or if they were good enough trade them off. The thought sparked a quick idea, what if Abaven became an arms dealer? He’d have to think about it a bit more, and decide how to break the idea to Shaye.

She giggled at his idea of the bracers getting sticky, and he smiled along softly with her. She did want to see a demonstration, and asked what kind of look he was going for. He almost smiled brightly at the description, but she seemed to giggle at the thought. Rhyme couldn’t help but looking a bit dejected, but he decided to explain anyway.

”You’re right, it’s probably too corny.” He made a quick swipe at the bracers. ”But, you know the name I chose means knight...” Rhyme trailed off, deciding it really was silly. ”I should just make some plain ones.”