ardent

time is a runaway

Xae

gems
size
build
player
07-08-2014, 01:01 AM

He was officially accepted as an Abaven member, though perhaps hesitantly after he was discovered to be... what had Harmony called it? Checking her out. Harmony was Bass's sister, and Xae, in only one moment - just one! - of stupidity, he'd been stunned by the Vor's, well, stunning appearance. Even now, as Xae nimbly picked his way across Abaven's lands at a fast-paced trot, he had to force the pretty fae's beautiful, two-toned eyes out of his mind. Parting his midnight-coated jaws, the yearling expelled an exasperated sigh. What was wrong with him? He'd hardly even spoken to the girl, and already she was uncomfortable around him. This had never happened to Xae before... Though, perhaps that was due to the fact that he hadn't really ever met any other females aside from the ones in his family. Xae nodded his dark russet skull decisively. That was it. It was because she was new. What about the darker female? I did not act like such a fool- The wolf growled at himself, shaking his head harshly at himself. It was because she was new to him. That was that.

When Xae finally 'woke up' from his silent mental problems, he realized that he had long since passed the scent borders of Abaven. He paused, lifting his wet, jet-black nose into the air and taking in several sniffs. He could smell no other borders, no other packs. Satisfied that he had not crossed into the border of another pack's territory, he turned his head, craning his neck to peer behind him in the direction he'd come from. It certainly hadn't felt like that long of a walk. He was still so used to roaming areas as a loner. Xae turned his grey gaze forward and once again set out, content to continue moving until it was time to return home. As long as he remembered to keep close to Abaven.

"Speech"
Thought

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
07-18-2014, 11:22 PM
The caramel brown fae looked around as she had wandered into Saratoga Wood. She wasn't new to the land anymore, and knew most of the lands, but, she did not know all of the packs. Her crystal orbs scanned the area as she could hear the sound of rustling close by, but, she was not sure if she should be worried. Her orbs shimmered in the sunlight, making it seem as if they were light colored topaz gems shining in the side of a cave.

She peered out of the bushes until she spotted a dark brown colored brute. He looked to be younger than she was, but she didn't mind and slowly stepped out of the brush. She wasn't mean in any means, and didn't like to start fights. Huata rarely got into fights, but, she would defend herself if she had to be.

"Salutations," the dame would speak as she sat down, licking her paw as it was bleeding slightly. She had fallen and hurt her paw a little while back, and she was worried she might have broken it badly or if it was just a thorn. The taste of blood was in her tongue as she tasted the iron inside, and she met the male's gaze.

Xae

gems
size
build
player
07-19-2014, 03:09 PM

It wasn't long before something moving caught the leggy boy's grey eyes. Just as he turned his narrow skull to see what had moved, his slightly floppy ears pricking forward, he heard the greeting. Salutations. Oh, but what a word! Xae couldn't remember the last time he'd heard anyone use the elegant greeting. A hint of a smile ghosted over his midnight-tipped jaws, only a slight twitch of his muscles, and it was gone as soon as it came. The female before him was a lovely creature, one that Xae probably should have been drawn to because of her beauty, but still, Harmony's face invaded his mind. The truth was, the russet male had eyes only for her. He dipped his head in greeting, keeping his face free of emotion. "Greetings to you, my lady." His voice was soft, low, relatively quiet. Xae rarely raised his voice, his tone usually barely above a gentle murmur. The well-educated fae did not have very many other wolf scents on her, leading Xae to believe the girl was a loner. His grey gaze searched the area around them. "My deepest apologies if I have trespassed, my lady. I mean no intrusion, and will take my leave if you wish it." To emphasize his willingness to go without trouble, Xae took a step back, ebony-tipped limbs poised to turn his dark body around in case she wished him gone.

"Speech"
Thought

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
07-19-2014, 04:19 PM
The fae looked to the young brute and smiled in a caring and gentle way. Her topaz eyes showed compassion as her ears stayed erect. "No worries, you sure show in no ways of hurting me, and I sure will not show any ways of hurting you as well." Huata could tell this brute would not hurt her, and she surely was not the fighting type. The dame would only fight if she had to. "Please, stay, for I am a lone wolf with no one to talk to."

Huata stood up and showed that she was a little taller than the year old brute, topaz pools shimmering from the small amounts of sunlight that could be seen. "My name is Huata Hinto, may I ask what your name is?" She asked with kindness as ebony lips pulled back into a smile, tail swishing slightly to show no harm to the male wolf before her.

Xae

gems
size
build
player
07-20-2014, 12:11 PM

Xae's head cocked slightly to the right side, his slightly folded ears still pricked, the tips only barely draping forward. She didn't want him to leave. Quite the opposite, she claimed to want company, saying she was a lone wolf. Xae's heart went out to the pale she-wolf. He had been a loner for only a few months, since his first birthday. His second year seemed to be waiting just around the corner, and with it, came a new adventure - pack life. Being a loner had been painful for the dark russet male, so he understood the fae's desire for company. She called herself Huata Hinto, and requested his name in return. "You are well educated in manners, as well, my lady." Xae again dipped his head respectfully toward her as he gave her his observation. "My name is Xae Vaux. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Lifting his head, curiosity sparked in his otherwise dull gaze. He stepped forward, head tipping to the left. "Excuse my manners if this is too personal an inquiry, but where did you learn to use such proper language? I find many a wolf to have lost it. I, myself, do not speak as well as you." The thought occurred to him, briefly, that perhaps this girl- nay, this woman might be able to teach him a thing or two about what he considered "proper" language. He considered himself a well-educated, proper young man, but this pale fae before him was showing him that he was nothing but a stupid boy - not that he took it offensively. He was rather happy to know someone who may be more intelligent than he.

"Speech"
Thought

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
07-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Huata smiled to the young male and shook her head, "You're language is quite impeccable to say the least. Do not worry. In time you will become a more sophisticated one like myself. I say that not everyone is the same and learn many things the same way. Many speak differently, walk differently, and perhaps even have different personalities than others. Xae, you seem already wise for a young male such as yourself, and not many males that I come across are like you." She would smile and bow her head respectively as she licked her paw slightly and stood upward, ears erect.

"Have you ever learned to hunt?" She would ask him as a smile came across her, "Perhaps, I can show you how someone can hunt. We all hunt differently, but I try not to get my paws dirty when I hunt. I only do so if necessary." She would smile and begin to walk to another location, ushering the male to follow. They were still in Saratoga Wood, but, they were trying to find something decent to hunt.

Xae

gems
size
build
player
07-21-2014, 10:21 PM

Xae felt his chest swell with pride as Huata complimented his own language skills. The lovely fae continued to feed into the young male's ego. Luckily, the leggy boy would never allow it to get to his head, to make his head swell with his own ego. He had always been raised better, and though his parents he'd left behind, he still felt that it would be shameful to disappoint them. And they most certainly would be disappointed if he started acting like his shit didn't stink. He was raised to be humble, to ask questions. Though it was by chance that he was found to have such a remarkable memory. Though said memory had been slipping lately, due to a pretty mocha-and-cream female who had captured his attention. His feelings didn't seem to be reciprocated, so Xae didn't push. Besides, the young boy didn't fully understand his feelings, and a lot of the time he was with Harmony, he felt frustrated at his lack of memory, even if the pretty girl seemed extremely pleased with his progression.

Had he ever learned to hunt. That was the question that Huata directed at him, pulling him from his thoughts of Abaven's head medic. The lean russet creature cocked his head to the left. "In a manner of speaking. My parents, of course, taught me the very basics. Spending the past several moons alone, I taught myself a few... tricks, I suppose. But I admit, I am not the greatest. It is a good thing Abaven was not in need of hunters." He cracked a smile, a small breath of laughter, but both died nearly as soon as they were revealed. Another problem the boy seemed to be having as of late. He wasn't depressed, but he had found that his usual curiosity had faded somewhat. However, thinking of her question, and how the woman beckoned him to her - which caused Xae to immediately hop up and follow her - brought interest to his grey eyes. "Are we going to hunt?" Oh, how he felt like a pup again, eagerly looking up at his mother for a new lesson, a new way to work his brain. His tail even swished softly, only twice, but still enough to show his excitement. He would have pranced after Huata, if he hadn't remembered his mother so diligently reminding him to remain poised, sophisticated. So he did, keeping his movements fluid, with a purpose.

"Speech"
Thought

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
07-21-2014, 10:34 PM
Huata smiled to the young brute and nodded, eyes showing compassion for the young male. He seemed to be a wolf that likes to learn and see things in a whole new perspective. Her topaz optics would turn back when the brute had asked her if they were going hunting. He seemed excited, but had remained poised and moderate, as if he were of high royalty. She smiled and nodded, "Yes. I thought maybe you would like to hunt with me. Though, the most important thing, you need to be steady and quiet. Many animals here can hear almost anything. My mother told me when I was young to feel the earth under my paws so I don't make much noise. Also, one thing I need to tell you. It doesn't matter if you stay sophisticated looking, the important thing is to just be yourself."

She smiled and continued onward to the location where she thought she would see more wildlife. They were aiming toward deer, but, even a hare would do to prove her point to Xae.

Xae

gems
size
build
player
07-23-2014, 09:27 AM

Xae watched her with rapt interest, nodding his head along with what she was saying. Quiet, steady... He repeated her instructions to himself, pleased when he felt like he had it down. It would be good to learn from her, the russet boy thought. She didn't seem to take all coherent thought away like Harmony seemed to. He would actually be able to learn. When Huata commented on Xae's sophisticated appearance, he flushed. "Apologies, Lady Huata. I was simply raised this way." Xae hoped she'd understand. At any rate, he kept her advice in mind for future reference. Though, if he were being honest, sophisticated looking was simply who he was. But he didn't attempt to argue his point. It wasn't important. Their task at hand was important. So Xae silently followed Huata, watching her movements, attempting to copy them so his pawsteps were virtually soundless, his long tail raised just slightly so the ends didn't brush the ground as they normally did.

"Speech"
Thought

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
07-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Huata nodded and listened to the sounds of the world before her. The crows cawing their high pitched sounds, and the sound of water across the way they had come caught her attention. Where there was water there was bound to be some game to hunt. Her topaz optics scanned the area as she could hear bellowing coming from where the two of them were standing. It was an elderly female, an injured leg showing itself to them since she had appeared to have broken or sprained it. The perfect opportunity for a meal.

"Xae, it is important to go for the old or for the injured, they are a bit easier to catch than the strong, and we need to leave the young for future game to hunt. Even the weak can put up a fight as well, so try to avoid the hooves and never approach the back or the front," Huata would warn as she walked to the side of the bushes, staying low and making sure to avoid fallen leaves, twigs, or stones.

There was shrubbery around her and the lake. She stayed low, and when the deer was not looking, she leaped upon it and snapped her jaws around the deer's windpipe, knocking it down with ease as she kept her jaws around its throat as it soon stopped moving. Her mouth was stained with the deer's blood, a smile on her face as she looked to Xae, a nod for him to come and eat or approach her.

Xae

gems
size
build
player
07-23-2014, 09:15 PM

The russet male remained crouched, slight flopped ears pricking high, grey eyes watching the lightly colored female. He copied her movements, though sneaking about was one of his specialties. Being a loner, Xae was quite used to having to be sly, cunning, and sneaky. But he followed nonetheless, watching her every movement. He nodded his dark skull when she gave him a helpful hint, eyes darting to the old and injured deer. Briefly, Xae wondered if she would ask his help, but she didn't. Huata crouched, Xae following her lead, and then sprang forward, grasping the deer. Grey gaze remained on the light orange fae, watching as she used her weight to bring the buck down. Xae was impressed. And doubted he would be able to do the same. She beckoned him, and he came loyally, trotting to her side. He gave her a small smile. "You are a skilled huntress. But I do not think I would be quite so successful. I am not very muscular. Perhaps in time I shall be able to take down game as large as this." His stomach gurgled as the scent of the freshly slaughtered ungulate tempted and teased his nose. But Xae waited for Huata to take the first bite. This was, after all, her kill.

"Speech"
Thought

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
07-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Huata chuckled and gave the young brute a friendly nudge. He did seem skilled, but he was still young and with a little more training he could do anything he could set his mind to. The caramel colored dame looked to the young male's optics, being serious this time. "It doesn't matter what size you are, its about the size of your heart and your determination. You can do anything you can set your mind to. You may still be young, but, one day if your determined enough, you can bring down a deer like this."

She would give him a nudge of encouragement and moved over, she would allow him to eat. She was hungry, but she would allow the young male to eat since she could hear his stomach growl for the kill. "Please, eat, you need it more than I do," her gaze was friendly and compassionate as she lied down and waited until the dark colored brute had his fill, eyes watching for danger.

Xae

gems
size
build
player
07-25-2014, 08:29 PM

Xae felt his heart swell with pride at the praise he was receiving from Huata. He was not an insecure male by any means, but he still felt his confidence growing. However, some part of his mind disagreed with her. Deer could be quite vicious if one wasn't careful, and it was a rare sight to see a single wolf take down a deer. But Huata had done it, and it wasn't like she was a large wolf, either. In fact, she was quite a bit smaller in height than Xae, and likely weighed less, though she was also very likely much more seasoned than Xae was. It wasn't as though it mattered, however. Huata was clearly an intelligent being, and she was teaching Xae about hunting. He nodded to her when she told him to eat - why would he argue? - and stepped closer, bending his head down. He paused just before he dug in, turning to look at Huata. "I do not think we need a lookout, Huata. Come, enjoy this with me." He remained with his head bent, looking at the pale white-and-orange woman.

"Speech"
Thought

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
07-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Huata smiled and nodded as she began to take a few bites of the kill. Her topaz optics looked to the darker ones of her companion. She had never had a child, but, Xae was like the son she had never had. She couldn't help but stay smiling at the young brute. Once her belly was full, she moved back and sat down, looking to the sky as clouds began to move at a steady pace as the wind moved across her pelt.

The smell of the deer's blood continued to stay dormant in the fae's nostrils. The warm weather felt nice, and the cool and steady breeze of the wind helped calm the heat. It surely was a beautiful day. She soon lied down and placed her head upon her paws and listened to the sounds of the birds and other animals the surrounded them with their presence.