Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
Ice Bridge ExplorerWealthyHomebodyDouble MasterExplorerVolcano
1KTreat 2019
05-10-2019, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2019, 04:57 PM by Tyrian.)
Tyrian had found a new buddy - no more dumb birds for him. He'd found something better, something with a momma that liked him. The tiny skunk baby was everything he could have asked for in a friend right down to having a momma who didn't bite him and bloody his nose. The only rule he had to follow was that he had to play nice because baby skunks were fragile. That's what Lefty said, anyway, but Tyrian wasn't convinced. Baby Righty liked to play mean too. In Tyrian's opinion it was unfair that she got to bite and scratch him but he couldn't bite and scratch her back. But he liked having a little buddy so he was willing to make sacrifices. For now anyway.

Today they were off on an adventure. Well, they were only looking for one, but Tyrian was confident they'd find one. Neither he nor Righty could think of anything in particular to do so they'd settled on wandering around looking for fun stuff.

Because Righty's legs were so short Tyrian had to carry her. She'd started between his shoulders but complained that he bounced her around too much - so he'd tried to scruff her but his oversized teeth wouldn't fit around her neck. Righty had had the brilliant idea to  flop across him bottom jaw (which couldn't have been more comfortable than his back, but he wasn't going to complain) so now she hung from his mouth like a tiny dead thing.

With his buddy taken care of, Tyrian bounded around the tractor and began to make his way towards the barn. That looked like a good place for an adventure.

Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
05-12-2019, 02:01 PM
I'll tough it out, I won't give in

Álarr lay stretched out in a patch of sunlight, part of a deer antler between his paws as he chewed thoughtfully on it, letting his mind wander through day dreams of grand adventure. The hero was just about to engage with a dragon when a droll, sarcastic voice pulled him from his dream world.

"Eating again? Is your strategy to get so round that we can simply roll you into Legion's enemies?"

Álarr rolled his eyes then shot a smirk at Afi, the grumpy old cat he had recently befriended. "Why Afi, there's no need for that. You're round enough for the both of us. Besides, I'm just sharpening my teeth, unless there is some secret fat stores in deer antler I don't know about." The cat chuckled and moved to lay across from him, his fluffy body stretching out in the sun and a look of bliss crossing his features as his eyes closed. "Ahhh… this does my old joints good."

Álarr's chewing slowed as he gazed thoughtfully at the fluffy pallas cat. "So, when are you going to start training me in the healing arts? I believe that was the deal. Legion's protection for instruction in healing." One golden eye lazily opened to stare at the boy. "My, my, so eager. We start after a little cat nap. Go back to your bone."

Álarr did just that, contentedly chewing until he spied his brother off in the distance. "Hey Tyrian! Where are you off to?"

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
1KTreat 2019
05-19-2019, 01:08 PM
His brother's voice brought Tyrian around immediately. The sudden spin around caused Righty's limp legs and tail to swing around and smack Tyrian's jaw and throat, but he paid the little strikes no mind. Perhaps Alarr could think of something fun to do. "Hey Al-" An angry, shrill squeak from Righty stopped Tyrian's greeting in its tracks. Oops. Note to self: don't talk with a full mouth.

With the indignant baby skunk still chattering angrily in his jaws, Tyrian went bounding over to Alarr. This time when he went to speak he made sure to put Righty down first. "The barn, I think. I'm bored and I don't know what I wanna do."

Noting the sleepy cat, Tyrian peered around Alarr to get a better look before giving his brother a significant look. Cats were fun to chase. Maybe that was just the thing he needed to get rid of his boredom.

Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
05-25-2019, 10:40 AM

Álarr giggled as is brother whipped around, a small black and white creature swinging around with him. Álarr got to his feet and trotted over to his brother, head tilting to the side as he eyed the little creature his brother had with him. "Hey, Tyr, whatcha got there? Is that one of Lefty's babies?" Afi stretched and sidled over to join the boys, coming to a halt next to Álarr. He nudged the boy sharply and cleared his throat. The boy took the note. "Oh, Tyrian, I haven't introduced you to my healing instructor. This is Afi. He agreed to teach me healing if he were to gain Legion's protection." He hadn't officially run the deal past his father but he thought Valentine wouldn't be terribly troubled by it. Afi was a small cat and seemed plenty content to feast on the mice of the barn rather than eat from the kill pile.

The barn, I think. I'm bored and I don't know what I wanna do.

Álarr nodded, he knew that feeling. Part of the reason he'd been chewing on a bone in the first place was that he wasn't sure what to do with himself and Afi wasn't being terribly forthcoming. "Maybe we can spar or something? Or go exploring? I haven't seen to much of the range or the knolls yet let alone the surrounding territories."

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
06-04-2019, 07:11 PM
Afi, huh? He looked like a fun creature to pounce and Tyrian was honestly a little disappointed that he'd gotten up. Oh well, if he was going to be around for awhile there would probably be many more chances to pounce on him. "Healing?" Well, that was no fun! But it was Alarr's choice if he wanted to do unfun things. Tyrian shrugged it off. His brother could do whatever he liked and it didn't really matter what Tyrian thought of it. "Make him the best healer, Afi." His voice dropped to a whisper in case what daddy said about blind wolves and super hearing was true. "Auntie Rhythm is old."

As for the skunk who was now trying to shake the spittle out of her fur... "Yeah, Lefty's her momma." He tamed his expression down to something that parodied serious and said slyly, "You can call her Righty." The little skunk looked up long enough to roll her eyes at the boys and then went back to cleaning her fur.

He jumped over the baby skunk towards Alarr as his brother suggested a spar. "A spar sounds like fun! You wanna go first or me?"

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
06-19-2019, 07:02 PM

Álarr nodded firmly. Yes, healing. He felt it would be a useful skill if he or his brothers ever got hurt in a fight. He giggled though at mention of Auntie Rhythm. She was ancient! He wasn't sure how long his kind lived to be but Rhythm's age, and Valentines for that matter, were really impressive.

"Nice to meet you Righty."

Tyrian seemed interested in a spar and Álarr quickly squared up against his brother, seeking to put about six feet of space between them. Maybe if one of them got hurt Afi could some him healing in real life. He grinned as he set his defenses. "Ummm…. you can go first if you like!"

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
06-28-2019, 05:34 PM
Aw, sweet! Although he'd offered Alarr the first move he'd only done it to be nice. He'd been hoping his brother would give him the first move. "Alright let's do this!" he shouted excitedly before charging forward with a playful roar. He was gonna fight like a cat. It was hard to bite someone without doing real harm so he was just going to have to use his claws and muscle to win.

Tyrian jumped, all four paws in the air like superman, and tried to tackle his brother. If successful he'd land with his front legs around Alarr's waist, his belly smashing his brother's head down, and his back paws on the ground in front of Alarr. He had no real plan besides wrestle, kick and claw as the opportunities arose.

Tyrian versus Alarr for Spar
Round 1 of ???
Size: Extra Large
Build: Heavy
Fight Skill Level: Intermediate
Mutation 1: Retractable Claws
Mutation 2: Serrated Oversized Canines
Handicap: is a pup

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
07-05-2019, 08:51 PM

Álarr's ears pinned to his head and he tucked his tail. His fur stood on end as he tried to scrunch his head back. Yea, that should be good. He fidgeted, nerves racing through his body. Tyrian sprang toward him in a leap and he lifted his head seeking to intercept his brother and bite the mutated male right in the belly. He didn't have any claws or anything fancy, all he really knew to use were his teeth. The claws would suck, they always sucked but he wasn't going to run away! Maybe later Afi could give him tips on how to fight wolves with claws but for now he focused on his brother's soft, squishy underbelly.

Alarr vs Tyrian for Spar
Round 1 of 2
Handicap: Pup

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
08-17-2019, 01:19 PM
In all honesty Tyrian didn't really care how his brother retaliated. He was fighting for the fun of it and without an ounce of finesse or forethought. His plan was simple and remained unchanged even though he felt Alarr's teeth digging into his belly right below his ribs. Wrestle, kick, claw, repeat - all in an effort to overwhelm. He wasn't aiming for anything serious, but then again, he wasn't aiming at all. It was a clumsy shock-and-awe approach. The only thing he made a point to do was not use his teeth. They were too long for horse play. He'd learned that very quickly as a tiny pup.

Tyrian versus Alarr for Spar
Round 2 of 2
Mutation 1: Retractable Claws
Mutation 2: Serrated Oversized Canines
Handicap: is a pup

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
08-23-2019, 08:33 PM

Álarr bit down as hard a he could on his brothers belly, seeking to thrash his head like he'd seen the grown ups do without much thought as to why the did it. He knew it would help… some how. He tried to keep his defenses up but it was hard to remember everything and then he was flattened by his brother's weight but he still tried to bite and thrash as his brother beat down on him from above. Ow, ow ow… He wanted to yelp but he was afraid of losing his grip and getting squished even more. Someone need to tell Tyrian to lose some weight! He tried to bunch his legs beneath him and push up with his shoulders so that maybe he could get some sort of escape route.

Alarr vs Tyrian for Spar
Round 2 of 2
Handicap: Pup

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
09-06-2019, 09:40 PM

And the winner is...

Alarr
Tyrian must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Tyrian: 104.41
Alarr: 153.81