Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!Treat 2019
05-17-2019, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 07:41 PM by Ashiel.)
ooc: Ashiel took his daughter Maeva to live with Amon and now he's returned to Risen. I've been talking with Fox and I just thought I'd start a thread for anyone interested in an update.  Nothing is critical to know, but if you'd like news of the homeland, I has it!
Due Date: May 24

You Wash Your Hands, You Come Home Clean...

Clouds stretched over the sky, thick and dark and swift to follow the sun. The wind twisted tenuously along its winding path as Ashiel at last set foot in the castle courtyard. The journey had been long and hard, both emotionally and physically. He'd been pleased to find that his uncle was ok and that the visions he'd had of Amon in danger were true only in that he'd been engaged in many a great battle only to emerge victorious. As for the visions' of his daughter… after speaking with Amon her destiny became clear. So he left Maeva with Amon and also with his sister Asharya. He felt a pang in his heart. Leaving had been so difficult. He couldn't help but wonder if he'd ever see her again. For even though she was in the service of Amon her heart was always going to lead her to wander.

Griff landed on an oak branch as Ashiel sat in the courtyard for a moment, drinking in the cool night air in an effort to catch his breath. It looked like it could rain at any moment so it was probably best to call the family and deliver what news he could. Tipping back his head Ashiel howled for anyone that might want to hear his news.

"Talk"

-- PLEASE NOTE:  Ashiel is an EVIL character and can be prone to acts of swearing, maiming and other violence. --
Consider this your warning.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
05-24-2019, 06:27 PM

Pyralis finished tidying up her room. Everything was in place and she had packed what she would need for her journey back to the north. It would be another long trip but she was anxious to return and see how the land had changed in her absence. Alkali was resting near the fireplace that glowed with a soft amber light, courtesy of her son. Speaking of her son, her ears perked at the sound of his call and she smiled. Praise be that she could see him before she herself departed on a long journey. She knew he'd gone back to the motherland to take his daughter to Amon, for it was there the girls destiny lied. She hoped he came with good news of her brother and she dreaded the possibility of bad tidings. Taking a deep breath she turned to the door and sauntered out into the courtyard.

Swiftly she approached her son, nuzzling the side of his head and licking his cheek. "Ashi, it's good to have you home. You don't look to much worse for wear. I take it the journey went smoothly?"

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Pyrrhic

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantVolcanoCritical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
05-25-2019, 09:47 AM
Pyrrhic was in his craft room when Ashiel's call rang through the castle. He was quick to put aside the circle of bone he'd been been working on and heed the call. The young Abraxas had spent the better part of a day experimenting with bone. He'd made plenty of game pieces out of wood, but so far everything he had of bone was in its natural state. He wasn't sure if he could do it and already the single piece he was working on had taken him longer than a half dozen wood ones, but he liked the durability and appearance of bone.

Reaching Ashiel and Pyralis, Pyrrhic gave a warm nod to both then asked Ashiel, "How's Maeve?" Though she'd been a cousin, the girl had grown up with him and been like a sister. Serene had suckled her side by side with Pyrrhic's litter. Even though he knew it was for the best and she was where she needed to be, Maeve's departure saddened him. He hoped she was happy in the homeland.

Pyrrhic has a male mandrill companion named Benkos. Unless he's mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Pyrrhic.

Aureus

Loner
Mantle

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Fail!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
05-27-2019, 09:16 AM
Aureus kicked violently at the gut of the jaguar, his jaws locked in a series of counters against Kali. He and the jaguar tussled often as Aureus was determined to become the best soldier Risen had, apart from Apollo and Malleus of course. Ashiel's call brought the spar to a quick end as Kali walked to the window and peered down into the courtyard. "Your cousin is back." Aureus got to his feet and joined the panther. He knew Ashiel was taking Maeva to the homeland based on a vision he'd received from the Lord Abraxas. To be honest the mystical part of the Oracle's always creeped Aureus out, even when it related to his own mother.

"Well, let's go see if there's some interesting news." Aureus descended the stairs and strode toward the small gathering of wolves with Kali by his side. "Cousin! I trust your journey was successful?"

Ashiel

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!Treat 2019
05-27-2019, 09:45 AM
ooc: you can still post your character in this if you'd like them to hear directly from Ashiel, otherwise we can assume the news circulated through the pack. Feel free to skip Pyralis and Aureus.

You Wash Your Hands, You Come Home Clean...

Ashiel wasn't surprised that his mother was the first to answer his call. He reached out to nuzzle her gently before she took her seat. He nodded. "Yes, the journey went well enough. Long and tiring but the weather was on our side for most of the journey." The next to arrive was Pyrrhic and Ashiel dipped his head in greeting to the young heir. "Maeva is doing well. Sad to leave her home here but she has bonded quite well with Asharya in the homeland." Aureus arrived and Ashiel nodded in answer to his second cousin's question. He spied Malleus and felt that it was time to begin.

"Thank you for answering my call. I just wanted to report that my mission was successful. I brought Maeva to the homeland to be trained by Amon. He is doing very well and is whipping the members of our family in the homeland into shape. A number of familiar faces are there now. My sister Asharya as well as Shilah, whom you may remember." It had been wonderful to see his sister again but painful when he had to leave. It might very well be the last time he ever saw her and their meeting was partly by chance. She was about to head out exploring, to discover new lands so even if he returned to the homeland in a year's time it was unlikely he'd see her.

"I do have some darker news." He glanced at his mother and took a deep break. "Pyralis, your father is dead. He'd gone mad and profaned the name of our god Abraxas and defiled our family's legacy. For this reason Amon killed him and took command of the homeland. It is also for this reason that he will not be returning." Ashiel didn't know how Pyralis would take the news of her father's death but he knew she had been holding out hope that Amon would return to her some day. He wished he could have told her otherwise. Ashiel glanced to Malleus. "Malleus, you should know that Amon is proud of you and your initiative. He trusts you with the family's legacy. Your grandfather Gaios saw it fit to fornicate with whomever he pleased with no regard for the family's future and what might be born of his lust. His actions weakened our bloodlines until Amon dealt with the excess filth. Malleus, you interpret the god Abraxas' visions truly and seek to do the opposite. You understand the care we must take in ensuring our bloodlines even if it means culling. For this you have your father's complete trust."

His attention turned to his mother again. He had a gift for her that he'd set in his room before heading down to the courtyard but he decided he would give it to her in private. Ashiel tried to read the mix of emotions on her face but whatever she was feeling was well veiled. He turned to Aureus and Pyrrhic. "I told Amon of you and your siblings. He is quite pleased to hear of the strength and cunning of this newest generation. He bids you heed your father and train well." Ashiel gazed in turn at the wolves gathered before him. "That is all I have to report at this time. Know that our forces in the homeland are growing strong now that the weeds have been cut out. He wishes us to continue our mission to do him and the Fallen God, our Lord Abraxas, proud. Each day brings us closer to victory and we should not grow complacent. Perhaps some day we'll all meet again.  If not in this life, then in the next."

"Talk"

-- PLEASE NOTE:  Ashiel is an EVIL character and can be prone to acts of swearing, maiming and other violence. --

Proserpina

Somnium

Expert Fighter (175)

Novice Intellectual (15)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 11KValentines 2020
Treat 2019
05-27-2019, 10:45 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A call from one of her cousins got the girl moving, though not quickly enough she thought. She had been by the beach, checking out the way the water shimmered and glowed with each touch, but when that call came it was enough to get her moving. Proserpina had been training alot as of late, trying to uphold the family name and prove she could be as good as any of them. While she knew she didn't have to keep doing that, she felt she had to in order to make up for the fact her mother had abandoned them all. Speaking of which...maybe she had returned with Amon to the homeland? She wasn't too hopeful, however, so when she arrived to see Ashiel and a few others she stood among them and listened to the news that Ashiel had brought with him. Amon it seemed, had done well in taking over and righting the wrongs committed in their name. She had yet to see what it was really like to conquer and take over, but she was mildly hopeful she would get to see it in action someday. The pack was growing larger and larger, leaving little room for those who wished to join, if any. When Ashiel finished, she decided she needed to ask, and she tried to prepare herself for an answer she might already know. "You didn't happen to see my mother there, did you?" There had been no word or whisper of Ana's whereabouts, so she doubted he had.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Speech"

Art
If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Ashiel

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!Treat 2019
06-08-2019, 09:27 PM
Ashiel felt much better now that he'd delivered a quick update from the homeland. He hoped the information would be helpful though he knew some of it would be a bit difficult to swallow. He had no idea of his mother's relationship with her father. To be honest she'd never really talked about him. Ashiel supposed that was why it was hard to really think of Gaios as his grandfather. He turned to Proserpina as she spoke but his face fell and he shook his head softly. "I'm so sorry Proserpina. I did not. I asked Amon about her but he had not seen her either or her brother. I wish I could have brought you happier news in this regard."