Muses

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
06-03-2019, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 10:20 PM by Muses.)
Hello, I may just beautify this later, but please meet Muses, an alien transplant who must now learn how to navigate social norms and culture of a vast area that she is free to roam, as of now.

Her History
Muses comes from an isolated pack that lived mainly on a very large mountain. Ruled by her father, he implemented a cult that saw him as a godly figure. There was no disobedience, and he ruled with strict order and violence. Male puppies would be regularly culled to keep the numbers low, and high ranking or older males typically had a harem of mates at their disposal. Females were expected to be subservient, although everyone contributed in a more or less equal effort.
Due to her sound-to-colour synesthesia, it took her a little longer to develop as her litter mates did, as she was easily overwhelmed in loud, chaotic situations, and it was assumed she was either blind or slow. They only realized her natural aptitude when it seemed she was able to know when others were lying. This was mainly due to her attentive focus on others, and a strong intuition; she is truly no more talented than a coin flipping in the air.
Her father, however, saw her obedience, and a natural predisposition to please, without necessarily being a bleeding heart. Using that to his advantage, he groomed her to be a voice of spiritual authority, declaring her the Oracle, the Truth Speaker.
In a horrible plot twist, one day, while Muses is out on one of her infrequent hunts with her litter mates, she sees an attack launched on the pack. Unfortunately, an avalanche is triggered, sweeping many away, including her and her sisters. She survived, while they perished.
Though she doesn't know it, the attack was led by her uncle, a rebel hero set to free his family from his brother's brainwashing and oppression. Turns out, Muses has been batting for team evil this whole time, and didn't really know or care too much. Otherwise she's super sweet and loving, and really just wants to make everyone happy.

Her Plan
Not too much planned, but I am hoping that, right now, she learns to accept that she is her own, individual, independent person, and comes to take hold of her life at least once in a while. I also want her to start really leaning towards either good or evil, but I want that choice to feel natural, so I will tend to that story in due course. Finally, I would like to stick her into a pack. She will probs just go with whoever says "let's go" because idk she's a potato. I have some other things that I'd like to explore, for other relatively vague ideas, including (but not limited to):
  • Getting pretty things to decorate herself/her den with
  • All da hunting
  • Learning about plants and stuff, possibly having a mentor
  • She needs to learn how to be a regular wolf in society, and not a weirdo
  • She probably needs rescuing at least once a day
  • Any situation that will make me lol
  • Having a weird blow up at/in front of a wolf that doesn't have a white pelt (she was raised with prejudice!)

I'm doing a bunch of starter threads to help ease myself in since this is my first time with Ardent! Yay me! But if anyone wants to start, or help kinda plot things out, that would be awesome! As far as general interactions go, beyond meet n' greets, which I don't particularly enjoy, I do like having an idea of where the thread is going, or some goal in mind to strive for. Sometimes my characters take a hard left and surprise me, and I can be very flexible with my plants, so for those with commitment issues, I'm super chill, happy to just have fun.

Altair

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-05-2019, 04:09 AM
I'd be more than willing to do a plot if youd like ^^Send me a dm and we can discuss something? owo

Lyra

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
keanai

The Ooze Participant
06-06-2019, 11:06 AM
How about her meeting Lyra, my starry-pelted wolf from Legion who's also a hunter?

Muses

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
06-07-2019, 12:01 PM
@Lyra yay sent you a DM!

@Kenani yesssss she would just be so confused by her appearance alone lol but would eventually come around for the sake of a hunt.