size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
06-05-2019, 02:48 PM
Night was beginning to fall and Rhyme had yet to return to Abaven. His icy paws carried him over the unfamiliar territory as he scouted the lands of the east. Normally he could be found within Abaven’s borders but with the lack of rain he had taken to trying to find sources of water. The rapids still flowed, though he wouldn’t have called them rapids anymore. He hoped the fall season would come sooner rather than later and bring them relief from the hot and the dry.

The setting sun threw colors of orange, red, and pink over the darkening sky. Rhyme crossed his toes in hopes the red sky meant rain in their future. His tall slate form came to a halt on the white sand beach as his blue and lavender eyes peered up at the sky. The clouds were sparse, but held enough moisture to reflect the amazing colors of the sun back down to earth. Rhyme sighed heavily as he tried not to let his mind dwell on all of the problems swimming in his head.

Seeing Tana had been one of the most difficult encounters he had experienced in quite a while. He tried to force her tiny form from his mind and tried to cling to his disappointment in her. The truth was, he missed her. The pups missed her. He tried to focus on them, Eulogy, or Samara but the time alone had been most helpful. He brought his marked haunches beneath him to sit and watch the rest of the sunset and contemplate his future.

Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
06-10-2019, 08:07 PM
Kai had found himself at the beach.. again. Even he wasn't quite sure what had gotten into him, but there was something unquestionably invigorating about the way the salty air whipped at his face and stung his eyes. The wind that came in from the sea was a welcome relief from the dry summer season, and he hoped tonight would be another somewhat cool night. The setting sun cast a colorful palette of colors across the horizon, though the illuminated sky was rapidly growing darker and darker with each step - replaced by a spread of glimmering stars that could be faintly seen between the scattered clouds.

He squinted as he tipped his head to the sky, trying to make out even a single familiar star in the darkening sky. His effort was in vain, his view obscured by clouds that drifted slowly overhead, and the fact that night hadn't really truly fallen yet. Abandoning his quest to study the constellations his father had once shown him as a boy, he returned his attention to the beach ahead of him, feeling the ground shift from dirt to sand beneath his paws as he drew closer. He felt a slight yawn slip from his jaws, a sign of his relaxation more than how close he was to sleep, though he regained some composure when he saw the silhouette of a stranger nearby.

His scent was mostly unfamiliar. He smelled like something he couldn't quite place, something weirdly nostalgic, and he found his interest quickly piqued. Kai couldn't tell much from his current distance, only that the male was nearly his size - if not larger - and definitely his type. Inhaling a slow breath and puffing up his chest slightly, he moved to close the distance between them, clearing his throat to announce his presence. "It's a beautiful one, isn't it?" He asked conversationally as he drew up alongside him, still maintaining a safe distance, angling his tusks toward the sunset - in case Rhyme wasn't sure what he was talking about.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-11-2019, 05:47 PM
So lost in his thoughts he didn’t hear the soft padding of paws over sand. The quick grumble of another’s throat caught the slate alpha’s attention and brought him quickly back from his wandering thoughts. Blue and lavender eyes fell on the tusked giant. Rhyme might have been an inch taller but this man was undoubtedly heavier. Rhyme offered an agreeable nod at the loner’s words. He didn’t seem like any kind of threat, and both raven’s watched from afar. If anything happened to Rhyme the message would be delivered.

Rhyme relaxed onto his haunches, it had been a long time since he had allowed himself to let loose. He’d gone from one kind of slavery to another. Though he took up the yoke of leadership willingly, he couldn’t leave Shaye to try and do everything on her own. Tonight he had taken an evening to himself.

”I don’t often get down here to appreciate them, I’m glad it didn’t disappoint.” Rhyme returned, sure he didn’t know this man. He couldn’t even link him to the one other wolf he’d seen with impressive teeth.

Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

06-16-2019, 07:24 PM

Kai was at ease, though honestly that seemed to be his default state most of the time. It took quite a bit to truly rile him up, despite being one to feel things very fiercely. Life was simply too beautiful to not enjoy - he wasn't the type to sit and sulk around ever. This sunset was undoubtedly a gorgeous one, and even if he'd been in a surly mood he had no doubt this would've lightened it considerably, both the sunset as well as this unexpected company.

"No?" Kai asked lightly, quirking a brow as he glanced back over toward him. "That's a shame." Appreciating the beautiful splendor of the world was important to him, and he often realized that other wolves were too caught up in the business of their everyday lives to stop and simply exist. It was an important thing, at least to him, and it was good to see another was realizing the importance of it.. even if just for one evening. "You must be a busy man, then," he suggested conversationally. His scent was not familiar, despite being of the same pack he was born into - things had changed considerably since then and it'd be a stretch of he claimed to recognize which pack scent his coat held.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-18-2019, 09:45 AM
Rhyme was no stranger to anger, and still struggled with the emotion to this day. Of course he did make an attempt to control himself, he couldn’t completely cut the emotion from his life. You had to get passionate about some things. Like his kids, Rhyme would have given everything for his pups. He took no threats to them. So far this stranger seemed mostly harmless, and his relaxed stance only furthered that assumption of him in Rhyme’s mind.

He could recognize the sentiment in the stranger’s voice as he showed sympathy for the alpha’s lack of time to appreciate the beauty around him. Raising his children and enjoying them while they were still young was at the top of Rhyme’s list, and he found great fulfillment in that as well. Sooner than he liked they would be closer to adults than his tiny newborns.

”You have no idea.” He should have been patrolling at that moment, but the view had been too much to pass up. Rhyme looked back to the stranger curiously, ”Rhyme Cavalier, alpha of Abaven and single father.” He chuckled at the load he had piled onto his plate. He wouldn’t have traded it for the world thuogh. He had a sense of real purpose leading next to Shaye, and knowing his kids were safe and thriving filled him with pide.

Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

06-19-2019, 04:22 PM

He was torn between appreciating the beauty of the sunset and of the oversized male beside him, so he settled on enjoying both, his gaze briefly but lazily shifting from one to the other with no real rhyme or reason. Life was too short to not be enjoyed completely - if his father had taught him one thing, that was it. That was why they existed to begin with.. to be one with nature and all its living things, and thus they needed to enjoy each second as if it might be their last. That was precisely why Kai had never been shy, and why he'd never been afraid of much of anything - life was just too damn short to not squeeze every last drop of enjoyment out of it.

He quirked a faint smile at Rhyme's words. "I'm sure I don't," he responded honestly, his tone far from sarcastic. "Abaven, you say?" And its alpha, no less - as well as a single father. Kai was practically drooling at this point, and made no effort to conceal the interest that shone in his fiery gaze. "I was actually born in Abaven. Never a member, but my mother was," he added, his smile remaining. He'd been lucky enough to spend a short bit of his childhood there, though as soon as he'd been old enough to go off with his father they'd slipped away - but his memories had been fond enough.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-19-2019, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2019, 05:30 PM by Rhyme I.)
Rhyme found no surprise in the loner’s words, that he had no doubt he couldn’t quite understand how busy the alpha was. Rhyme’s dark lips turned up an a half smile as he surveyed the clouds once more. They were moving faster now, and reflecting the sun brilliantly. ”Abaven, you say?” Rhyme nodded and turned back to the tusked man, easily mistaking the interest in the strangers eyes for enthusiasm in their topic of conversation. It was such a small world, and Abaven had touched a huge number of lives during its existence. Rhyme was proud to be a part of that legacy.

”Have you ever thought about giving it another try?” He asked curiously, recently their numbers had dropped a little, thankfully a few loose distant relatives had found them. Rhyme wasn’t given a name in return, and knew the thought was unlikely to bear fruit. The mammoth seemed like a free spirit, unlikely to settle in any pack. The slate alpha wondered absently what kind of places he had seen since his birth in Abaven.

Rhyme took the opportunity to relax further, feeling no threat from his company. He lowered his elbows to the ground and laid back into the sand. The sea breeze tousled his fur as he uttered a heavy sigh and let his blue and lavender gaze settle on the sun at the horizon.

Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

06-22-2019, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2019, 07:44 PM by Kai.)

Abaven had been a decent enough place to live out the earliest days of his life, but beyond that? He had little interest in being tied down, in having any sort of responsibility beyond whatever duties he made for himself. Had he ever thought about giving it another try? Kai chuckled lightly in response, though not in a condescending sort of way. "I haven't, though... I think I'm a bit too much of a free spirit for pack life," he admitted easily, his gentle smile remaining. Being told that he should stay in one place only made his desire to go further away that much stronger. "And I'm not sure an absent pack member would be of very much use to you." Kai was a lot of things, but a useful pack member wasn't something he thought he had the capability to be, even if he wanted to.

Slowly Kai moved a few steps closer, slowly lowering himself down onto the sand and letting out a content sigh. "How'd you come to rule Abaven? I don't remember you from my brief time there," he asked, genuinely curious - despite not being interested in ruling a pack himself, let alone living in one, he couldn't help but be curious about how alphas came to be in control of the packs they ruled.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-23-2019, 07:57 PM
The stranger’s woods didn’t surprise him as he gave a little chuckle before answering. Like Rhyme had figured, this man was a lone wolf. ”To each their own, I’m sure you live an amazing life.” The alpha commented absently as his attention rested on the sky. It was reaching the peak of its color, and darkness would soon begin to claim the brilliant colors. ”No, not so much.” He also agreed to the words given, they did have a little trouble with absent wolves, but there was always their navigator rank. For those who wished to roam. He was sure even that would fail to convince the tusked titan.

Rhyme’s features shifted slightly as he watched the stranger settle beside him. The curious question was not quite as expected. ”My mother was the founder, Bass’s sister.” He began his history lesson, wondering if the man had met Rhyme’s uncle. The slate alpha didn’t really remember the previous alpha himself. ”My cousin Shaye took over after Sparrow this last year, and asked me to lead beside her.” He explained as blue and lavender gaze returned to the sky. ”Abaven has changed a lot since I was a pup. For the better, I like to think.”

Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

07-09-2019, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2019, 11:55 AM by Kai.)
"All lives are amazing," Kai sighed after a moment of thought, his words conversational more than anything. "Each in its own way." Kai was a true believer that nature had a way of weeding out the weak, when their times were up - so in the meantime it was each wolf's responsibility to make the most of their lives, however they chose to do so. While he could never profess to truly understand pack wolves, let alone those who chose to take on the burden of responsibility of ruling, he wouldn't think any less of Rhyme for his choices. If anything, he'd said he had children, so surely he was building a safe and nurturing home for them? He'd admitted to being a single father, which Kai likewise couldn't relate to.. though he wasn't sure he was quite yet ready for fatherhood, the thought had crossed his mind more than once.

He tilted his head toward Rhyme as he answered his question, explaining how he'd come to rule. Unsurprisingly, it seemed to be a family affair of sorts - Kai faintly remembered Bass, and nodded in understanding. Sometimes he wondered if he'd be content to settle down within a pack if his father had been used to that sort of lifestyle. The Jarvela were free-roaming wolves, not ones meant to settle down anywhere - he would be surprised to find a family member who thought otherwise. "So somehow, you're juggling both a changing pack, as well as fatherhood? Sounds busy," Kai drawled, casting him another curious glance. "Hopefully you manage to find some time to.. enjoy yourself," he commented, faintly suggestively, angling to see of Rhyme caught hint of his faintly flirtatious tone.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

07-13-2019, 05:31 PM
This stranger casually continued the conversation, words easy as he spoke of such lofty topics. Rhyme considered his words, and found he agreed. He thought of Darilnor, and how much his small life affected the slate alpha even now. He sighed softly, allowing his heart to feel that familiar pang of pain. Despite it, the wolf continued on as Kai listened intently. He’d offer his condolences for how busy he was. Rhyme tore his gaze from the horizon and returned to the tusked wolf’s features as he explained his hope Rhyme took time to himself.

Rhyme was oblivious to the subtle flirting, though he did catch the inflection. He was a little confused, but shrugged it off easily. He’d never found attraction to wolves of the same sex, and even in women he normally prefered tiny, petite, and… female. The thoughts barely skipped his mind as he shrugged them off. ”Sometimes, tonight was a rare occasion.” He returned his blue and lavender gaze to the horizon. ”Do you have children, sir?” Rhyme asked curiously, what he’d said about all lives made him think it was possible.

Kai

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

07-31-2019, 08:14 PM
Kai was admittedly grateful that Rhyme didn't press the topic of him joining Abaven in the future - Kai would certainly be a shitty pack member, not that he'd ever decide to settle down in a pack. The thought was nearly laughable, though he wouldn't question anyone's choice to live such a life - and his attention suddenly shifting to the slightly flirtatious way he was suggesting Rhyme take some time to enjoy himself, though it seemed his implications fell on deaf ears.

Ah well. He wouldn't press that subject, either. Being oblivious wasn't all that different from being disinterested, and Kai wasn't going to continue along that train of thought without any interest being thrown back at him. "Better enjoy it, then," Kai commented idly, his grin more friendly now, losing that suggestive edge it had taken on momentarily before. "No children myself, though that's certainly something I'd like someday." When I'm ready, he thought to himself, though he wasn't quite sure when that would be - or if he'd ever be ready. How would he know? Feeling unsure about anything wasn't something he was used to, and he'd found himself wishing sometimes, when dwelling on this topic, that he had his father to turn to for guidance. "I can imagine fatherhood must be... fulfilling?" Kai finished his own sentence curiously, glancing over to Rhyme to see what he had to say about this thought.