gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-11-2019, 05:42 PM
she heard there was a pack in the area.

though where it exactly lay, she was uncertain. to her, the scent was fresh yet few in number. not very easy to track, especially for one whose skills did not specialize in such things. Heloise was still attempting to find the lay of the land. her specializations were meager and lacked fruition. though she was not lost. there was no direction in mind. merely whispers and rumors on the wind of a new pack forming from an old one. simple.

so she did not make a proverbial bee-line toward the unknown pack. she waited, reveling in the colder climates compared to the east. here is where the woman thrived and it was foolish to make herself adapt outside of what she knew. and though not lost, she did seek information. specifically from the wolf population in the area. it would not to do to show up at their door, a blatant stranger and asking questions. so she would seek one that was not busy. someone who could answer her questions.

it was equally foolish to throw oneself into a community without proper knowledge, after all. walking - perhaps less bold and more sure of herself - in plain sight of the riverbed, Heloise would wait for another to show. if at all. someone had to pass by eventually, correct? this was a steady flow of water and prey seemed to be running nicely here. it stood to reason someone would come by to hunt or take a drink. reclining upon her back legs, she'd sit down by the water and stare into the depths.

[Image: sgvfyko2_o.gif]
heloise has a male gyrfalcon named kresnik with a fifty-inch wingspan
always assume he is in threads nearby and in battles with her
as her love acere praetor is allowed in any of her threads regardless of tag

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
06-12-2019, 09:03 PM

He had his pack at last. The first meeting had gone well, and a surprising number of wolves who had shown up. He hadn't expected so many to come, but he was glad they did. It meant the pack would thrive, or so he hoped. And it meant that they would likely be successful in the seasons to come. Of course, he'd give the new wolves time to adapt and adjust to the changes, just as he would need some time to adapt and adjust to the role of an Alpha. Though despite his previous doubts, he was confident he'd be able to adjust rather quickly to it. The nearby riverbed that was usually dry had filled a with some water from the snow that had been melted with this years hotter summer. He doubted it would happen again, or perhaps it occurred for a short time every year when the snow melted, he wasn't sure. For now, however, he wouldn't put too much thought into it. It was a nice place to drink, and beneath the shallow crystalline water he could see the gold veins that ran the length of the riverbed. His Foxes were out around the territories, exploring their new home and probably meeting their new pack mates.

His tongue swiped across his muzzle as he cleared away the lingering drops of water before continuing on his way. He very much liked the North, and judging by most of the new wolves who had come to join him, they were likely of Northern descent as well. Trotting along at a leisurely pace, he spotted movement up ahead, and at first he had to squint to make sure his eyes weren't playing tricks. But no, he really did see something. Almost blending in against the backdrop of snow, he realized there was a wolf as pure as the substance that surrounded them. The only things that set her apart from the pristine white of their surroundings were the scars, and her pale blue eyes. She was a beautiful creature, he had to admit. But then again, he thought all white wolves were. Though they were simple in color, there was just something about the purity of it that set them apart. "I hope I'm not disturbing you," He said upon approach, stopping a few feet and leaving a comfortable distance between them.

speech action

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-12-2019, 09:11 PM
fate would be kind, the gods smiling upon her as another graced her presence. Heloise looked toward the man as he approached, failing to have seen him at the water as she had been staring at it. he at least had the audacity to be respectful toward her personal space. after traveling for so long, the young woman was both weary and unaccustomed to others' presences. she'd feel her head dip to give him an equally polite nod. she had no way to know his status, though she assumed by the mere scent on his pelt that he was pack.

and there were many on his coat in terms of scent. swinging away from the water, she'd face him. "a little company is good after walking so far" she would muse, giving away she was easily a newcomer to this land. his own coat was white with dark tinges of ebony. compared to her blue eyes, his were crimson, yet they both shared scarring. he may be a fighter, or he may be foolish to wear them like a badge. "pardon me, but" Heloise's brows squinted slightly as she attempted to pinpoint the location of his scent. it was a place she had not been yet. "are you part of a community?"

a pause, then a small smile. "a pack. forgive my odd choice of wording."

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
06-12-2019, 09:32 PM

Her words gave him the assumption she was a traveler, something he found was quite common among those he had met so far. At some point in his life, he had been a traveler too. And he believed every wolf was one at some point in their lives. He nodded his head to her, a light smile touching his lips. "I can imagine," From experience, company was good after being alone for so long. He knew that. After his exile from his birth pack all those years ago, finding Winter and her pack had been a godsend. He hadn't really been alone since, except for the short time between losing her and finding Boreas. "Pardon me, but" Crimson gaze rose to meet hers, ears perking a bit. She seemed...focused? Perhaps thinking about what to ask, even? "Are you part of a community?" She paused for a moment before a small smiled appeared.

His own smile grew a little as the alabaster male stood a little taller and pride swelled in his chest, "It's quite alright." He chuckled, "But yes, actually...I am the new alpha of the nearby pack that goes by the name of Winterfell. We've only just established a few days ago." His words were proud, but not cocky. Acere was a humble creature, and never bragged about his life. He felt he was allowed to be proud. He had come a long way, and had finally decided that this was where his path had led him his whole life.

speech action

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-12-2019, 09:51 PM
the male did not introduce himself - there was no need to rush anyway - though he would gift her with information. he seemed a humble sort, though there was quiet pride in his tone, as he informed her that he was an alpha. Heloise's ears piqued forward, her little smile growing warm. "is that so? congratulations are in order then." if he was a new leader, he may have won his throne or maybe he had the concept of a new pack that made others follow him? she could only assume.

he did say they had only been established a few days though. but Heloise knew that new packs rose from old ones at times. "Winterfell is a strong name" and therefore a strong pack in simplicity terms. to her, it was more complicated than that. this humble man could have a strict code for all she knew. who could blame him though? a united front was better than a flimsy concept. "I confess, I was traveling toward your pack to inquire about residence." ever the formal young woman she was as she addressed the new king.

"fate must be kind to have granted me an audience with the king" she'd lightly chuckle as she continued on. "I am Heloise."

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
06-13-2019, 12:45 AM
"Is that so? Congratulations are in order then." He nodded his head in thanks, his own smile growing as did hers. He was proud. He had every right to be. Though he didn't get the chance to actually fight for the pack given that his opponent hadn't shown up, he was still proud of the fact of how far he'd come and how well the first meeting went. Though the pack was newly established, Winterfell had secured enough members that would help it thrive. "Thank you," He responded to her comment on Winterfell's name. It was a strong name. Carefully chosen and dedicated to the one wolf in his life who had helped become who he was today. He sent a quick and silent prayer to his dearly departed before he returned his attention to the alabaster woman, ears piquing with interest.

So she was seeking out the pack eh? That was good to hear. She continued, and even introduced herself as Heloise. "It seems fate has been kind in many forms as of late. My name is Acere, it's nice to meet you," As for joining? Well...he had plenty of room and would not turn someone away without good reason. "If it's residence in my pack you seek, then it's my duty to offer you a home. While we're still new and working out the positions, you're welcome to join us." Sure he didn't know her considering they just met, but there was plenty of time for that. For now, the least he could offer her was a home. And after he learned more about her, a true position along with everyone else.

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-13-2019, 12:54 AM
"perhaps more kind to you than some others, yes?" she would chuckle in good humor. every living soul on this existence had their own fair share of troubles, yet it seemed Winterfell was in good hands. she only hoped the man before her would rule it with benevolence over becoming a tyrant. the strain of leadership did sully quite a few good rulers. "a pleasure, Acere." she'd add in with a slight dip of her head. it sounded like a strong name as well. very enduring. she would take note of that. and if she did not walk away toward Winterfell, she would at least have peace knowing he was a good man.

though perhaps it would be King Acere soon enough. unaffiliated as of now, Heloise bowed to no king or queen. her attitude was politely respectful, and she was not so foolish to poke fun at his title. even if she had no need to. "if I may first ask a few questions of your Winterfell?" surely he saw it was foolish to jump head first into a community before something was asked of him. this would be excellent practice for more long drawn conversations that surely came with being a king. "I would enjoy learning more of my potential pack before committing. such as... what ideals do you uphold?"

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
06-18-2019, 12:10 PM

"perhaps more kind to you than some others, yes?" He nodded with a small smile. Well she wasn't wrong there. He supposed he was just getting lucky lately, but things could always change like the flip of a switch. Today, he could be successful. Tomorrow, he could end up getting killed. He never really knew what would happen every day, so he lived like each day could be his last. This woman so far, despite his having just met her, seemed like she had good character. If she chose to join today or tomorrow or when or if she even decided to, he would be more than happy to have someone like her among his ranks. "if I may first ask a few questions of your Winterfell?" The question she posed wasn't surprising. Perhaps he had gotten a little overeager in his new position, and decided he ought to reign it in. "Yes, of course." He expected she might have questions. Anyone in their right mind would.

"I would enjoy learning more of my potential pack before committing. such as... what ideals do you uphold?" He nodded in understanding for a moment before answering, "I'll be honest with you, when I first thought about starting Winterfell, I wasn't so sure. But as the time got closer and things happened between then and now, I decided I wanted a pack that wouldn't settle just to settle. Just to...be there and simply exist." His gaze turned skyward for a moment as his thoughts touched briefly on the ideals that Winter had in the past, and he had combined his with hers. "The values and ideals I'd like to uphold for the wolves of Winterfell are many. Loyalty, honor, strength of will and character, the determination to persevere against all adversity...to name a few. These came easily to me, mainly because it is what I want my niece and nephew to see and know since they didn't get to learn that before I took them in. Additionally, serving justice where justice is due. Winterfell stands on neutral ground, supporting those who are worth supporting." Winterfell so far, didn't pull for neither the light nor the dark. While they were already potentially allied with Abaven which was a pack that stood on the lighter side of the spectrum, they could very well also ally themselves with a darker pack if the benefit was worth it.

He looked at her again before continuing, "I hope too, that the pack becomes a place where we might be able to help each other learn and grow. Being in the North, there are many crucial things and the first is that everyone ought to know the basic key skills to survive here. I'd like for the pack to support one another, be it as friends, rivals, family or what have you. And of course, hard work. A stagnant pack isn't much of a pack at all, let alone a place to thrive." He, of course, would do his best to help it all along. But one wolf could only do so much if members of a pack weren't willing to do anything.

speech action

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-18-2019, 12:17 PM
it was as she thought. the man had good ideas, and good intentions, so there was no reason for her to say no. she could have done worse with meeting an alpha; there could be less than kind rulers in these lands. still, she was hesitant to accept a spot just yet. Heloise waited until Acere was finished with his explanation before dipping her head into a nod. "I will think more on membership" she said to him "and give you an answer in two days time. expect me at your border, regardless of the answer."

she was going to show up even if the answer was 'no'. it was just the polite thing to do. "though I admit, I am leaning heavily toward joining." she hoped he would understand that as a loner she would be giving up more than her freedom if she joined a pack. it was a commitment, sometimes a life long one. she'd have to think more on it. but if Heloise intended to settle in the north, she'd have to coexist with Winterfell one way or the other. Acere's ideas were but a pipe dream so early on into the pack's forming, but she hoped to at least assist those dreams.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
06-20-2019, 11:12 AM
She seemed to be thinking over his words, and after a few moments told him she would think more on it, but that she'd give him an answer in a couple of days. He nodded in understanding, that was fair. As eager as he was to recruit now that he was a new alpha, he understood that those he spoke to wouldn't always jump at the chance. Joining a pack was a big step, and even when he had decided to join Abaven he had thought long and hard about it before finally showing up at their borders with his niece and nephew in tow. "I completely understand," He responded, a light smile on his face.

She did, however, go on to say she was leaning heavily towards joining. That gave him some hope, but he would also keep in mind that there was the chance between now and then she'd change her mind. Whatever the outcome, he looked forward to seeing her again. "Two days time it is, I look forward to seeing you then," She was a pretty wolf, and judging by her scars likely a skilled one assuming they were from battle. His own were from every fight he had until now, more won than lost. He was curious about the stories to hers, and hoped he could learn more about her in the near future.

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-20-2019, 02:59 PM
Acere said he understood where she was coming from, causing a more genunie smile to cross her lips. it was a good sign the new king was not going to force numbers. she'd dip her head, rising from the earth. little else needed to be said, for either way she'd greet him again. if not to join his pack as a comrade but as potentially an ally.

"thank you" Heloise said after the silence settled. she'd leave now, not wishing to keep him away from his new pack any more than he needed to be. she also needed to find shelter for the night. especially if she planned to live in the north before making a decision. "I'll call for you in two days then." the ivory woman would scope the territory from a distance now that she had a concrete scent to call Winterfell.

/ EXIT