Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-11-2019, 06:59 PM
the day was growing long, the afternoon stretching far beyond what she had envisioned. it was peaceful and quiet though she had thought she would have found somewhere to reside by now. this little patch of woodland would do, for now, she supposed, before she headed out to the mountains. walking amongst the foliage, she'd still remark there were traces of a heat wave or drought. the trees were silent and every step she took echoed remarkably against the dull earth.

she attempted to be silent, for she could not hope to defend herself if others were with ill intention. well, she could, but the sad fact is her travels had left her a bit thin. she wasn't quite a shell, but she was lacking her usual weight. it was something she'd rather not think too long on; if she did, she'd become paranoid and restless. Heloise preferred to be at full strength. she would not desperately grasp at life. she refused to beg, even if it cost her life in full. calm blue eyes looked around, finding nothing and no one. yet; who knew what the near future held?

[Image: sgvfyko2_o.gif]
heloise has a male gyrfalcon named kresnik with a fifty-inch wingspan
always assume he is in threads nearby and in battles with her
as her love acere praetor is allowed in any of her threads regardless of tag

Medea

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
06-11-2019, 07:19 PM

Well that was pretty rude of Pegasus wasn't it? Move his burgoning pack to the Nook at her suggestion and then moving them away from it? Medea was almost slighted, almost. In truth if she didn't trust her brother wholly she'd have taken it personally, but she had to believe there was a reason he'd chosen to move them elsewhere... that didn't mean she had to be happy about it.

In fact she was actively stomping through the Nook, plodding towards her former den, doing one last pass over it to make sure she or Sphinx didn't forget anything. Or at least that's what she said, in truth she just needed time to get her frustration out. Though maybe actually going to the Nook was a bad idea, since it wasn't getting her mind off it was it?

The faint traces of a scent reached her, a stranger. Medea stopped for a moment then made up her mind, she changed her course to seek out the stranger, maybe that'd help to get her mind off everything.

speech think action

Art by Naiterion
[Image: HIxq34g.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-11-2019, 08:13 PM
pausing by an old den, she'd bend her head to sniff idly at the opening. the woman wasn't imagining it then; there had been some semblence of a community here at one time. but whether it was a rushed move or not, the elements had taken mostly everything. she was left the remnants and could only assume. Heloise swung her head upward as the footfalls of another, and a fresh scent, came closer. shifting her body, she'd see a pale form making its way toward her.

tinged with other hues, feminine and quite large. Heloise was dwarfed as a result of such a thing. still, she stood her ground. the other hadn't raised their hackles or rushed at her. a good sign. "greetings" the pale woman would say, her voice neutral and calm. it would also seem the other woman was confident in her surroundings, something that she noted immediately. perhaps a former resident? "was this area claimed at one point?" she asked quietly. though she did know the answer, it was just polite to feint ignorance sometimes.

Medea

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
06-21-2019, 01:57 PM

Medea gradually became aware of another scent, feminine but unfamiliar, so not Sphinx then. Gradually a pale form came into view and the princess slowly drew in the unknown woman. She was more inline with the way Medea was used to others appearing more unassuming than some other's she'd met, even crisscrossed with scars, signs of a less than peaceful life but something about the woman still struck a strange cord.

A greeting reached her ears and Medea brought herself back to reality. She glanced around the area, drawing in the faint traces of her own pack, their borders were still weak when they'd left so the scent was already fading. "It was, I used to live her for a time before that as well." She admitted, feeling slightly melancholy again. She shook her head slightly to clear her thoughts and moved her gaze back towards the stranger, unwittingly finding herself admiring the woman. "I'm Medea Beaufort." She began, feeling the usual strenght she exuded as she spoke, her royal birth clear in the way she held herself. "I was just coming by to check I hadn't forgotten anything."    

speech think action

Art by Naiterion
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-21-2019, 02:10 PM
the other woman confirmed it had been a pack, and one she had been a part of previously. Heloise gave a curt nod, processing the information given. it wasn't a lot, but it was enough. her questions seemed to make the other pause briefly, before a shake of the head was given. throwing off the thoughts, perhaps. maybe unhappy memories, maybe happy ones. either way, the other woman continued on. her name was given, causing the ivory beast to nod once more.

"Heloise cel Mare" she'd give to Medea Beaufort. and not for the first time, she wondered if surnames were quite important here. that family was strong and bountiful. it was a good thought, even if family could either hold one back or make them forgotten about in the sheer mass they produced. "ah, I see" Medea was looking to see if she had missed anything "such as?" herbs, prey... other trinkets? something of value, obviously. "I confess, I haven't seen anything important." during her short time here, nothing had stood out.

Medea

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
06-21-2019, 02:56 PM

"A pleasure to meet you Heliose" Medea said, dipping her head in a graceful greeting, meeting the woman's blues and feeling her face blood with heat, quickly she glanced away.

Okay... so she'd been caught in her lie, not that it seemed Heloise knew that. Medea sighed and fixed as charming a smile as she could on her face, falling back on her training to cover her ass here. "Caught me." She said, keeping her tone light. "I don't really have anything I could have left behind. I mostly just wanted to visit here one more time... I recommend we stay here and shortly after moving here we moved away. I guess I just really like it here." Was that all though? The den she and her sister had shared was here and Sphinx had been gone for a while now...

"This is also the last place I saw my sister." She admitted, unsure why she was being so open, making sure not to give too much away. Her tone was more melancholic now, as she glanced around as if she might spot her tiny sweet sister moving among the trees.

speech think action

Art by Naiterion

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-21-2019, 03:14 PM
"likewise" Heloise's words said, giving a soft smile. it was always good to meet people, especially if they could give her information about this new land. Medea admitted she didn't have anything to collect here, causing the ivory woman to tilt her head. she said nothing, allowing the other to continue on and explain herself. "it is a good place, so I understand." one for a pack or one for a few loners. it was easy to admit. she'd find herself walking here a few times in her residence at Boreas, or many more times. it was hard to tell.

a frown crossed her scarred face when the other woman admitted it was the last place she'd seen her sister. "do you need help finding her?" Heloise immediately offered, though Medea could pick up the scent easier than her. it was her sister after all. Heloise would be blindly trying to associate the scent of her. "I haven't... seen anyone since I arrived, but I could have just missed them." she hated to be the bearer of bad news, but it was true. if the pack did indeed dissolve, their members could be scattered to the wind.