size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
06-16-2019, 05:05 PM
He was finally laying down after the fire, hadn’t even washed himself but if he tried to keep going he was going to collapse. With a heavy huff he flopped onto the ground near the lavender patch that sprouted above his son’s grave. He breathed in the relaxing flower, laying his head on his paws as he tried to finally sleep.

He had stopped near the maple tree to find Motif and Verse curled up together. Noir’s scent wasn’t as stale as he thought it might be, and he wondered why the boy had stopped there before continuing on. He didn’t have the energy to think more on the boy, knowing he had been taken care of for the day.

Rhyme made his way around to Shaye’s den, peeking in to see Poem curled tightly to Epitaph and Theory close by. Her paws were wrapped and taken care of, likely by his midnight pelted half brother. Knowing where his daughters were eased his heart. Knowing where his sons were tore through him like nothing ever had before. The emotional energy he had spent today far exceeded the physical. He sighed heavily, feeling that he wanted to give up but knowing he had to keep fighting.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
06-16-2019, 05:16 PM
She found him checking in on the children, and offered her partner a cautious smile. He had been working hard for the good of Abaven, they all had. Seeing their pack pull together had been everything and more to the Alpha.

There where sore spots, of course. Noir was one of them, the Lose oof the thicket, the burns and hurts on her children and pack mates where another. What was done was done, and there was little she could do about it now. They would learn from this, and they would look into building a stream into the thicket, and whatever ideas they could pool together to lessen the chances of fire in the future.

For the moment, she knew there was little she could do that had not already been done, and she came to a stop beside Rhyme, who was even worse for wear then she, with the whites of his coat hidden beneath soot. She nudged her head into his cheek, saying nothing for the moment as she pressed her muzzle to the side of his face and held there, breathing softly as she felt the warmth of him, the familiar scent.

"I have never been so afraid." She admitted, her voice soft and raw. If he allowed her to, she would stay there, pressed against him, content for now simply to breath, and to know that he was okay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-16-2019, 05:43 PM
Shaye followed him to his chosen resting place, he had expected her to remain at her den with Poem and Verse but she easily lowered herself down beside him and nuzzled into the dark fur of his cheek. He sighed heavily again and relaxed against her as she whispered those unsettling words. "I have never been so afraid.” Rhyme returned her affection as he tried to soothe her tiredly. She had to have been as worn out as he was.

”We can’t do anymore than we have. If we don’t rest Abaven will suffer all the more for it.” Samara appeared in his mind again, and he knew he needed to check on her once more before he truly let himself recover. He tried to revitalise himself as he lifted his features off his paws. ”It’s.. hard to accept everything that’s happened to us in only a day.” He returned with a heavy voice.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

06-16-2019, 06:58 PM
Once she had calmed her emotions, she would rock back on her heels and look at rhyme, her steady pillar. She would never have achieved what she had without him. Abaven wouldnt be what it was today, if he hadnt been one of its leaders.

The fire itself was an example of that, she knew she would have fallen apart, but seeing him run into the blaze... how could she do any less? There was bravery in his heart, beyond what most wolves could hold. There was kindness to him, despite everything he had endured.

She took a step back, and took a steadying breath, offering him another uncertain smile. "I know." She agreed, yearning for more sleep, but she knew also that she needed to speak to him. They may have been past the initial tragidy, and in the lull before the consequences, but they needed to know and be ready for them.

"Will you sit with me a moment? I know your exhausted, but I need to hear your thoughts" she explained softly.
"What can you see occurring after this? I foresee our local herds scattering, and a scarcity in prey. I see that this leaves us tired and weak, and we must be prepared for an attack or a challange. And you, what do you see?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-17-2019, 03:42 PM
”I know,” she offered softly as her blue gaze shined brightly in the light of the rising moon. He sighed heavily as she asked him to sit with her, and reluctantly he pushed himself from the ground and leaned back onto his haunches. He muscles ached and his joints complained as they begged for rest. It wasn’t time yet. Sooner than he probably realized they would find themselves too old to keep up with a pack like they used to. Poem and Motif would need to take on their responsibilities.

What would be next? ”Much the same, except our allies will step in and offer us aid. Our bonds with them will strengthen.” He told her, though his brain wasn’t as sharp as it might have been even 12 hours ago. ”Where are you going with this?” He knew he was tired and not in peak condition. Abaven’s members were hurt and their wolves were all spent in their own tasks of rebuilding. Unfortunately he knew very well how vulnerable they were in that moment.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

06-17-2019, 05:05 PM
Rhyme held a more optimistic outlet, pointing out that their allies would help them, and that it would strengthen the bonds between them. Shaye shifted her weight restlessly from foot to foot, holding in a groan as she felt her numerous aches and pains. She wanted to sleep so badly, but she was also afraid.

“I.. I think Abaven is in for a rough few months, Rhyme.” she admitted, eyes meeting his, with a worried shadow in her expression. “We lost resource with the thicket, the prey, the herbs, and the land itself. We are a big pack with a lot of mouths to feed. I’m worried about looking after everyone. I’m also worried about scavengers that may think an injured pack is an easy target.” a soft sigh escaped her, and she slumped a little in her seat, looking to Rhyme.

“I’ve tried to learn to be a fighter, i’ve put my everything in that since becoming an Alpha, but the truth is i’m, not in the same league as a lot of the other alphas. You are, you’ve been fighting since you where a pup, and the experiences life put you though haven’t been easy, but they have been a steady training for you. Am I the right wolf to be the main Alpha in Abaven Rhyme? What if I can’t be what they need me to be?”

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-18-2019, 02:42 PM
He hadn’t expected such words from Shaye, but she was preparing herself for the worst. He couldn’t say he blamed her, but that was supposed to be his job. He reached out to nose her shoulder supportively as she listed off the impending issues. But Rhyme was sure that she underestimated the heart of Abaven. Their wolves were going to pull together and help one another. They were going to get through it while leaning on one another’s shoulders. He didn’t expect for Shaye to doubt herself so heavily.

”There is no doubt in my mind you are the only wolf to lead Abaven. You steer us on the right path, you’ve kept me from making a huge mistake more than once.” His list didn’t end there, put he pulled his tired head up and tried to find her gaze in the darkness. ”You’re compassionate, and I know you love every wolf in this pack no matter how well you know them.” They had many new faces, but most of them were family. Abaven didn’t often turn from its own.

”Now is not the time to be doubting yourself, Shaye.” He told her a bit firmer than his previous words. She needed to be strong not only for herself, but for the pups, and for the pack.