Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
06-16-2019, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 07:38 PM by Torin.)

Okay, it was time. Kairi had expressed an interest in being a warrior within Lirim and with their ranks so sparse he knew he needed to step up to help her. It seemed the best thing to do first would be to assess his sister's skill. And what better way to do that than engage in a friendly competition. So Torin stalked towards one of the open spaces in the valley, mostly flat and empty of dens to trip up either of them, a decent place for two wolves to be allowed to spar without reservations.

Torin tipped his head back and called for his sister, but the call was open for anyone else who might want to observe. He settled calmly on his haunches to wait for his sister to arrive, his tail twitching slightly and feeling a bit of excitement flood through him at the prospect of a good friendly spar, it'd been some time since his last bit of practice as well, he probably needed this as much as Kairi.

"Silent Treatment" & Deep thoughts

Image by Risketch
[Image: jBaYOuX.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Kairi

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Valentines 2020Trick 2019
06-16-2019, 10:58 PM

She'd been doing a border patrol when she heard her brothers call. Pausing for a moment, she turned towards the source and listened carefully. It sounded like he was calling specifically for her, and she didn't miss the note in his call. Bi-colored gaze narrowed in a playful fashion, a soft "hmm" coming forth as she moved to find him. She had expressed her interest in fighting, but she had yet to really try out any of her fighting moves that she had learned from her dad. Now that he seemed to be in a much better mood lately, he was helping her with her training. She was grateful for his guidance, knowing he had his ways and thought his knowledge in fighting invaluable. She was just glad that things weren't so tense now.

It didn't take very long for her to find her larger brother, his monochromatic form coming into view as she approached. Her head rose, though perhaps in vain. He was many times bigger than her, but it wouldn't stop the confidence she had. A playful smirk played on her lips as she stopped a few feet from him, her tail tip twitching with anticipation. "What's up, Tor?" She eyed him up and down, noting that he too seemed excited about something.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Art

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
06-21-2019, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 07:36 PM by Torin.)

Kairi arrived and Torin favored his sister with a small smile, his tail picking up slightly. She asked him what the reason for calling her was and the man laughed softly, his baritone rumbling with good-natured amusement as he spoke. "I figured it'd do us both good to have a friendly fight." He rose to his paws, shoulders rolling and stretching the stiffness from his neck. "It'd give us both some practice and also give me a good gage on your abilities." He eyed up his sister for a moment, feeling acutely aware of her lighter frame, smaller, more fit for speed than he was. Not that he was particularly bulky either.

It would be an interesting dynamic, provided of course she agreed. "What do you think?" He asked, not about to launch a surprise attack on his sister, not this time anyway.

Image by Risketch
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Kairi

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

07-11-2019, 05:35 PM

"I figured it'd do us both good to have a friendly fight." Her head cocked to the side a bit, mismatched gaze narrowing slightly as a grin started to slowly part her lips. A friendly fight huh? That was a first coming from him. But then he told her the reason and she mulled it over before deciding she was game. "What do you think?" Heh..."What do I think? I think it's game on, brother!" She had been training a lot and working hard, though she still didn't think she was the best fighter around. She still had a lot to learn, and while she knew her own current abilities, she didn't know how Torin was in a fight. She had never seen him fight before, so this would definitely be interesting for her. She rolled her shoulders and set the defenses she had been taught, casting a mischievous grin towards her larger brother, "You sure you wanna do this?" While she knew she wasn't the best, he didn't know that. Maybe she could psych him out a little..

"Speak"

art by Birmapus

Art

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
07-22-2019, 01:06 PM

Game on huh? Torin couldn't help the way her words made him grin. When did she get so cocky? That question would double when she taunted him. He didn't know how much his sister had practiced but Torin had had his fair share of fights when he'd been younger, and maybe he was a bit rusty but he certainly wasn't about to be intimidated by her, not yet anyways. "Lest you forget I started a fight in the middle of a meeting once." Okay it sounded more dramatic when you put it that way and it had been two years ago now but it had felt like a life or death moment... he'd been a yearling, seemingly not immune to dramatics even if he had thought himself that way once.

He rolled his shoulder's again and this time kept them more haunched, dropping his chin closer to his chest. Torin narrowed his eyes at his sister, pulling his ears back and he felt his hackles rise. He bent his kees, splaying toes to grip the ground and he swept his tail out behind him, keeping it even with his spine. "Well hot shot." He said, his tone still playful. "Show me what you got."

Torin vs Kairi for spar
Round 0/2 (???)
Size: Extra Large
Build: Medium
Offensive Accessory:
Defensive Accessory:
Companion 1: N/A
Companion 2: N/A
Fight Skill Level: Novice
Specialty: N/A

Image by Risketch

Kairi

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

07-22-2019, 11:33 PM

He grinned, and her own grin grew a little bigger as her muscles tensed in anticipation. Already she could feel the excitement tingling in her paws. She was so ready to kick his butt! "Lest you forget I started a fight in the middle of a meeting once!" She scoffed, though admittedly she couldn't remember what he was talking about. She had the attention span of a goldfish most of the time, so she decided to run with his challenging words instead of admitting that she had completely forgotten about that. "Oh yeah? I fought someone with weird cat claws!" She didn't win that fight, but he didn't know that! She watched him settle into his defenses and the rustic red girl would do the same. With practiced ease, her ears laid flat to her skull and her eyes narrowed. She bent her knees and gripped the earth with her claws, ready to spring at any moment. Despite her defenses being put in place, her grin remained present as her brother declared his challenge to her.

I'm gonna kick your butt!" She fired back, then without another word she shot towards him. Torin was alot bigger and heavier than she was, but she was smaller and much lighter. Since she had practiced a bunch of times with her dad who was also bigger and heavier, she had plenty of practice fighting a bigger opponent. She shot forward and when she was about a foot from seemingly crashing into his chest, she darted off to his right side and aimed to go past his shoulder and right under his stomach. With her grin still intact, the woman sought to knock his hind legs out from under him with her body and bring him to the ground!

Kairi vs Torin for spar
Round 1/2
Size: Medium
Build: Kight
Fight Skill Level: Beginner
Specialty: N/A

Walk, "Talk" Think

Art