gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

The Ooze ParticipantValentines 2020Critical Fail!Trick 2019
06-18-2019, 09:23 PM
Shaye had mentioned the great cat, and Motif had made friends with her. Poem was jealous and needed to very much meet this lioness. Icy paws carried her through Abaven as she followed Edgar. He was more likely to see her from where he was. The girl hoped she might be able to give her a little bit of wisdom on her feelings. Motif mentioned that she was very smart, and very big, and gave piggy back rides. The thoughts cheered her up at least, and she knew that Noir was unlikely to show up with a huge cat around. Plus, if she could make friends with her, her brother really wouldn’t be able to touch her again.

Poem climbed to the top of a large boulder and surveyed the land before her, eyes catching the gleam off the mist the rapids put off she thought she saw a cat shaped rock. Excitedly she leaped down and started to run for it, having been assured she was friendly and despite looking scary was not going to eat her.

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
06-18-2019, 09:36 PM

Cannival

From Cannival's tree she could see far across the rapids and beyond, she had grown quite fond of it and the way it partially hung over the burnt thicket that she used to call home. The lioness spent much of her time lounging on it's branches, nearly hidden by the canopy of leaves that hung above.

She had gathered some food for the kill pile, and was taking a much needed break. Golden eyes surveyed the land carefully for any signs of trouble. The fear of the fire still had hold of her, and the large cat did not want to see Abaven go through such a crisis again. Her eyes grew sleepy as she lay, and just before they squeezed themselves shut she saw a rustling in the grass ahead. A small, grey and blue form darted across the land towards a large rock. Cannival squinted at the distant figure- it was too light to be her friend Motif, but still bore the colors of Shaye and Rhyme. This must be one of her siblings. The pup was definitely moving with a purpose, though, and curiosity filled the cat.

Leaping down from the tree, she began a brisk pace towards the large rock. She came into view at the same time the pup would reach it. "Looking for something?" Cannival offered warmly.

"You."
"Think."
"Speech"

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

06-19-2019, 07:28 AM
The young slate marked girl raced over the flat ground, but she was half way there before she realized her lion shaped ock… was only a lion shaped rock. Or what she guessed a lion might look like. She slowed as her icy paws brought her close, and Edgar flapped heavily as he landed on her hips. Oof, well this adventure was turning out more difficult than she expected. Poem didn’t want to ask for help in finding a lion, it should have been easier.

Until the lion found her. She only jumped a little at the voice, but her eyes lit up as blue and lavender stare fell on the great black cat. ”Oh, yes!” This was the most excited she felt since before the fire. Finding the lioness had been the right idea for today. ”I was looking for you, Motif tried not to make me jealous, but you’re even more wonderful than she told me.” Poem couldn’t help her ivory tail wagging behind her as she looked the lioness over again. She had brilliant gold eyes, and wicked claws that put even Edgar’s talons to shame.

”I’m sorry!” She apologized as she stepped back and leaned back onto her haunches with her head lowered. ”I’m Poem Destruction, and I’m very pleased to meet you.”

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
06-19-2019, 05:38 PM

Cannival

A warm smile came over Cannival as the pup fawned over her. This was Motif's sister, then. The heir to Abaven. "You are very polite, miss Poem." She complimented, dipping her head to acknowledge her greeting. "I'm pleased to meet you as well. Motif has told me about you as well." Of course, Motif hadn't said much about her, but she did mention her sister at some point in passing.

Looking over Poem and thinking back to the fire, she realized that this must have been the pup that was rumored about to have been pushed into the flames by her brother. One look into the small one's excited eyes and wagging tail and Cannival decided not to mention it. "Why would you come looking for me?" she asked in exaggerated disbelief. "I hear that you are a very important wolf in Abaven. To what do I owe the honor of your presence?"

"You."
"Think."
"Speech"

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

06-20-2019, 07:41 PM
Poem was quite caught up in the lioness’s attention, she returned the greeting and commented on how polite she was. The young heir beamed at the praise and stood a little taller as Cannival looked her over. She seemed surprised that Poem had come to find her at all, but the girl was quite excited. Unfortunately the lioness did not come right out and ask if she wanted a piggy back ride, however she did know that Poem was the alpha-to-be.

”I am!” she said with obvious warmth, ”But, I don’t know I don’t really like to talk about it.” Her dark ears fell to her skull as she looked away from Cannival and towards the decimated thicket. She hadn’t even been able to tell her brother about the position, and she knew that had to be part of the reason he’d pushed her. Maybe it would be better to have just given the promise of hei to him instead of her.

She tried to shake the thoughts from her head but thinking about Noir brought tears to her eyes. She hurriedly wiped her eyes with her paw before Canni might see her. She needed to be brave in front of a lioness! The great cat was made of bravery after all. Poem turned back to her incredible gold eyes. ”I came to find you because, um, Motif said you gave rides.” Her voice only held a little bit of strain as she pushed down her emotions on Noi and her brush with death.

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
06-20-2019, 08:37 PM

Cannival

Cannival's gaze softened as the pup's expression grew sadder. She tilted her head with a small empathetic sigh. "Well if you ever find that you would like to talk about it, I like to listen. Motif is trying to teach me how to be a wolf, but it's always easier to learn when the lesson is in a good story." The lioness gave Poem a fond smile, which broadened to nearly a laugh when she'd heard the reason for the heir's visit.

"Rides? Motif must really like you if she decided to share our secret. You must be a wonderful sister." Cannival bent down so the side closest to the pup was nearly touching the ground. She thought for a moment before speaking again. "Do you want a nice ride, or a bouncy ride?" Her golden eyes twinkled mischievously.

"You."
"Think."
"Speech"

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

06-21-2019, 09:44 PM
Knowing that Cannival was there to listen when she needed gave a bit of confidence to the young pup. She didn’t know when or if she would open up about her feelings on what had happened, but having an open invitation did wonders. She sighed softly, and relaxed into her breathing again. She felt her lips pull back into a smile as the lioness laughed. It was a hearty noise that the girl could feel through her paws. All signs of teas disappeared and she brightened to the lion’s words.

”I love Motif very much,” she confessed with passion. Her littermate was her best friend (avian company excluded). Canni shifted slightly, an obvious invitation to climb aboard. Pearly white teeth flashed as Poem carefully scaled the lioness’s back. ”Oh, what’s a bouncy ride?” She asked curiously, wondering how she was supposed to stay on with a regular ride.

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
06-23-2019, 07:32 PM

Cannival

Cannival chuckled softly at the pup's response, gradually standing to her full height as Poem found her balance. "Well maybe we will wait for a bumpy ride until you get more used to it." She offered, turning her head over her shoulder to face the young heir. "It'd be no fun if you fell off." Once she felt the pup's weight distribute evenly upon her back, she started off at a walk. They had no real destination, so Cannival started the trip rather aimlessly. "If you feel unstable, feel free to bite onto something." She remembered how Motif's small jaws gripped her ear on her first ride and smiled fondly. "Is there anywhere in particular you'd like to go?" She knew Motif just liked to see the world from so high up, but this was Poem's time and she'd happily go where ever the pup directed her.

"You."
"Think."
"Speech"

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

06-25-2019, 04:17 PM
Standing on Canni’s back was not going to work no matter how much she wished it. So carefully she settled herself on the lioness’s back, her ribcage between shoulder blades and her back legs sprawled either way. She used what little grip her front paws could give her and wrapped them around her mobile shoulder blades. Poem felt pretty comfortable when she got settled. ”No, I would not enjoy falling off.” she agreed as she held on tighter. ”Could we go to the plains? I bet the view of the ocean is great from up here.” She offered easily. Going to the serpent plains and looking out over the ocean was one of her favorite pastimes. There was always something to look at. Seals, dolphins, manta rays, turtles, vast amounts of fish. They were easily seen from the top of the cliffs. Surely they would see something just as interesting from farther off the ground.

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
06-25-2019, 08:26 PM

Cannival

Cannival nodded at the pup's request, turning to head to the east. Truthfully she was glad for Poem's choice, the last time she had given a ride it was for Motif in the thicket. It must have been thrilling for the young wolf to see above the blades of grass that towered over her, and now it was burned to the ground. She pushed back the wave of sadness and forced a smile. Poem couldn't see her expression, but she knew it could carry over into speech and wanted to sound cheerful.  "You like the ocean?" She asked with interest. "What about it draws you? I'd think wolves would be more interested in forests." A thought came to her then. "When you're bigger - if you like - I can take you up to the top of a tree. You can see even more from up there."

"You."
"Think."
"Speech"

Poem

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

07-04-2019, 09:39 AM
Cannival was interested in what she had to say, and pushed gently for more information. Poem felt her lips pull back into a soft smile as she felt excitement race through her. ”I do. I love how blue it is, and how.. different everything in the water is.” She mused softly atop the giant cat. ”I like how small it makes me feel.” She knew her problems were insignificant when she sat next to the ocean. ”Would you really take me up a tree?” Poem asked, unbelieving as she spoke. Who had ever heard of a wolf in a tree? ”I bet the view would be very nice.”

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-11-2019, 01:36 PM

Cannival

Cannival gave a happy chuff as she sensed the excitement rolling over the young pup. "You make the ocean sound lovely." She said sweetly, smiling although the pup could not see from her angle. "I would, but when you're just a little bit better and can get a better grip. The view is amazing, and nobody ever sees you. Wolves don't fear the sky, they tend not to look up. They pass you by without so much as a glance and you can feel safe and hidden in the leaves."

The ocean took no time at all to rise up from seemingly nowhere in the horizon. Cannival quickened her pace slightly at the sight, wanting desperately to see the view through the youngling's eyes. "We're here." She announced softly.

"You."
"Think."
"Speech"