gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-20-2019, 08:37 PM
by the time he came to the border, night had fallen once more. it'd been a few days since he had come to this land known as Boreas. he still was uncertain if he wanted to do this, but also reasoned that with the autumn coming and his fourth year under his belt, Benedict was better in a pack. he didn't want to struggle his first winter here. it wasn't too late to travel to another realm but he'd give this place a try first. he could always leave the community if he didn't like it, after all. er, well... he hoped so. still wasn't sure if these packs were like other places. he rather hoped this one would be acceptable to a new member.

the border was strong, though, and that meant a lot of people. Benedict hovered before the scent line, hesitation clear on his features. it'd be easy to just... walk away. turn the other way and never come back. though that solved nothing. he'd still be without a place to call home and a hungry belly come winter. after a few minutes, the man would lift his head and call for anyone willing to speak to him. he'd have to make a good case, but he wasn't going to beg for acceptance. he also needed to learn what this pack was about, and even what it was called. he'd met no one from this one so far, after all. he was going in totally blind.

to note; benedict speaks with a slight european accent

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
06-21-2019, 06:20 PM
Rhyme was often most active during this time, night suited him well. He tried to spend even amount of time awake and asleep during both day and night. He had an odd schedule, but it worked quite well for him at least. The ravens couldn’t see as well at night, but with the light of the moon they were still helpful. Solitude rode on his master’s back, his keen eyes only hampered slightly as he peered through the forest. Imperia lingered in the sky above them, calling out what she could see before the stranger had a chance to announce himself.

Rhyme loped forward, leaving the stranger waiting for only a few moments before he appeared at the border. He slowed to a halt not so far away that they couldn’t speak at normal tones. ”Good night, stranger.” Rhyme offered with a quick nod. ”Why have you called on Abaven at this hour?” He tilted his head with curious interest as Solitude flapped his wings at the alpha’s back.

Benedict

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-21-2019, 06:29 PM
another wolf would soon appear. the ravens briefly ignored as one circled overhead, the other on the man's back. though Benedict knew they were familiars. he had seen their like before. the other man bid him a good night, not a good welcome and he could barely blame him. calling at this hour was suspicious. he was just thankful he was not chased away. "m' name is Benedict" the young man would greet the other with a bobbing nod. "forgive me for calling yer pack so late. I just arrived at yer borders, and felt it was rude to not let ye know I was here." his thick tones offered nothing but truth.

he didn't want to be accused of stalking the community, knowing they couldn't really send him away because he wasn't even close to their scent line. but that didn't matter; if they felt justified they could chase him off. his head lowered, his eyes on the other older man thoughtfully. "I've come to scope Abraven out and see if it'll be a good fit for me" he went on to explain "m' a hunter first, though I know some defensive fighting" there was no need to brag, for his skills were meager compared to the honed wolves of this land. "if ye have time, can I ask ye some questions?"

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-21-2019, 08:21 PM
The other man mirrored his greeting, offering a name and explanation of his late call. Rhyme’s dark ears perked as he went on, mentioning his skills and the prospect of fitting into the large pack. They could do with more hunters, what with the fire having destroyed one of their territories. The hunters were forced farther from Abaven’s borders and its safety. If he could go out to hunt, and defend himself as well as the kill he could be an asset to the growing pack.

”Rhyme Cavaliere, Alpha here in Abaven.” He returned his title as he had been given one. ”I encourage your questions.” They would be more valuable than questions of his own most likely. The man seemed honest enough, and if they could let a lioness within their ranks..

Benedict

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-21-2019, 08:30 PM
it seemed he hadn't made a mistake. good. Benedict didn't want to make a bad first impression. he knew that he would have been spotted eventually if he lurked, and would rather be called out for calling Abraven out. he'd only done it out of respect. the man's head rose slowly as the other introduced himself, a soft smile appearing on his lips. "good t' meet ya, Alpha Rhyme of Abraven" he'd go on politely, showing respect to the man and his position. "and, er, yer friends." he'd chuckle, nodding to the raven on his back.

"m' questions are simple" he wasn't going to take up the other's time when he could be sleeping in a cozy den. "I just wish t' know what Abraven is about. yer goals and what is expected of yer members" he'd slowly shake his head "I cannae join a pack that focuses on raiding and fighting, though." he was a pacifist but willing to put his life on the line for other wolves more than himself. he told Rhyme that his focus was elsewhere, in hunting and defense. he couldn't hope to be a good member if they were prone to violent acts.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-22-2019, 06:28 PM
Benedict even went on to greet Solitude placed upon his back. The bird was mostly a silent observer, and he rarely introduced them. They were private creatures, always gathering information but only offering it if they trusted you. Rhyme smiled, ”Solitude on my back, and Imperia in the sky.” He offered as Solitude flapped his huge wings again. Rhyme listened to the questions and explanations quietly, thinking about his answer as the stranger offered him the floor once again.

”We try to do what is right, we protect those who can’t protect themselves.” His thoughts went to Eulogy and Epitaph. ”However, we expect ou members to be as self sufficient as possible and to help the community in their own way. Hunting, healing, scouting.. fighting. We aren’t the aggressors, and unless threatened would not raid or war.” He told the wolf honestly.

Benedict

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-22-2019, 06:39 PM
he dipped his head to Solitude, not expecting the raven to reply back to any words he spoke to it. though his eyes did linger on the one in the sky, marveling at the easy way it moved through the night's embrace. once his head fell back down, Benedict listened to Rhyme's explanation of Abraven. it sounded good, even perfect, for a newcomer like himself. it suited his tastes and ideals just fine as well. seeing as the alpha was being honest with him, he might as well be honest right back. "m' new to these lands" the pale man would go on to explain "though I had a pack before m' travels. I know how these communities work and I am willing to place effort in with no reward promised back." rank meant little unless it was earned. he didn't expect anything handed to him.

and he also was not a very ambitious man. a challenge would never come from him, silently forever in the background. "yer pack... Abraven seems a good fit if you will have me" his head dipped respectfully to the alpha, lower than before. "if possible, place m' in a hunter's role. I'll fill yer cache and protect yer borders in exchange fer m' living conditions." though it was unknown if Rhyme would even take him. Benedict had answered truthfully and hid nothing from the older man. he had nothing to withhold but also nothing to give. except himself and the work he would provide for the pack itself. hesitantly, he'd wait and accept whatever the alpha saw wisdom to fit him with. or not.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

06-22-2019, 07:53 PM
Rhyme couldn’t see any disappointment on the wolf’s face as he explained Abaven briefly. Benedict went on to explain himself further, mentioning how new he was. Rhyme had been born here, but his mother had not. She had to come here and learn Boreas, and she had Abaven to lean on. The wolf admitted he thought he would fit in, and seemed humble enough. All he asked was his hunter rank and a place within in exchange for hunting and helping to defend the border. hyme nodded in approval. ”That would be acceptable.” He made a quick motion and soft call as he looked up into the sky at Imperia. She accepted her master’s message and veered to tell Shaye about their new arrival. ”We’ll get you settled in a temporary den for the night, and tomorrow you can see the rest of Abaven and meet Shaye, the main alpha here. You’ll be given the dianaea rank, the main body of hunters.” He added as he motioned for the wolf to follow hi. Solitude watched the stranger from Rhyme’s dark hackles. ”Do you have anymore questions?”

Benedict

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Heloise
06-22-2019, 08:16 PM
Benedict felt himself visibly relax as he was formally accepted into the pack. there was little else to say with Rhyme gifting him a rank of hunter - dianaea, he recalled - and a place to stay. still, he hesitated as the alpha asked him to join, pausing to look at the scent line before him. eyes downcast to the invisible line with a soft frown as if trying to get used to the way of a pack again before he stepped over it. Rhyme had said it was fine, and also said he was welcome. so there was no reason for hesitation. he'd have to learn the border; with time. "thank ye" he'd say gratefully to the older man, walking behind the other as they went further in.

it had been a long journey to Abraven, let alone this land, and he was looking forward to a den of any kind. he'd been sleeping in the open too long. "no" Benedict added as Rhyme lead them away. his head would slowly shake. "ever'thing is easy to understand, thank ye" if he was a cruel wolf, he would have thought any idiot could figure this out from Rhyme's words. but he wasn't. the young man was just grateful for the chance to be part of something again. "I look forward to meeting her." he'd say also, learning of the other alpha. he hoped she wouldn't call too early, for his paws felt weary enough to sleep for a decade.