Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
06-26-2019, 06:46 PM

those who travel are often lost, especially those that wander without a plan. she was no different no matter how much she desired it to be. without knowing what this land was, what its name even was, she set out for it anyway. her people did often tell of land in this direction they often traded with, but somehow they never thought to keep up ties. she would be 'safe' here. no one would come looking for her. or so she hoped as she walked along the island. her entrance to this place was nothing special. desperate a few times, she sought shelter where she knew it wasn't safe only to come away lucky. her only salvation was that there were signs of life.

to say she would beg at the first place she saw wasn't an understatement. coming across the ruined castle, Desdemona was mindful of the powerful scents that made the border. wolves. she had found wolves. her slender body marched up and down the border, the wheels inside her head thinking fast and silently. it was nearly nightfall and this was the first civilization she had come across. it'd be foolish not to see what they offered her. lifting her head, she'd let out a call and wait. her howl was enough to tell the others of this pack that she was alone and seeking to speak to anyone that could give her the time.

"speech"

Tsarvix

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Treat 2019
06-26-2019, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2019, 07:37 PM by Tsarvix.)

Tsarvix

A call rang out into Risen's territory, and Tsarvix headed immediately to meet the stranger. This would be the first time a wolf had howled at their borders since he'd joined the pack and he was not about to ignore it. So far he remained in an unranked position - it wasn't his job to maintain patrols - but hopefully whether it was Pyrrhic or Malleus to answer the call they would appreciate his diligence. He wanted desperately to prove himself in whatever way he could, especially since losing his spar against Aureus.

He scented the air as he approached, but it seemed the female was alone. Tsarvix took a moment to look over her before closing the distance between them. The last mortal that he'd watched Pyrrhic interact with was back in Boreas, and from the way the conversation went Tsarvix was under the impression that the heir preferred to recruit through amiability rather than aggression. He'd have no idea if the Abraxas wolves would see anything in this stranger worth recruiting, but regardless he'd do his best to be polite.

"Greetings." Tsarvix said with a faint smile. "Our Emperor should be along shortly, but I figured you could use some company while you wait." In truth he wasn't sure if it was to be Malleus, Pyrrhic, or someone else entirely to answer her call. "My name is Tsarvix."

"Speech"
"Think."

PYRRHIC is allowed to crash any of TSARVIX's threads, as in his eyes he is his God.

Desdemona

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
06-26-2019, 08:37 PM

Desdemona didn't have to wait long for someone to show up. he was a medium-sized young man, appearing around her age, and as tall as she was. to be expected; men tended to be larger than women. she didn't say anything at first, content to watch him go into his spewl, promising that others would show up. not just anyone either; but the emperor himself. her eyes briefly flashed with interest before going back to their usual lull. how kind of you, good sir, to keep a lady such as myself company" she'd purr delicately to the man, vocals light and controlled.

was this a land that was ruled by monarchs? or was it just this particular pack? or even... was this the only pack in this realm? she didn't have answers. she hated that. I am called Desdemona" there was no pride in this, only an acceptance that it was what she was called. "I wish to know more of this empire, if you don't mind answering some questions?" empire sounded better than pack, after all. a pack was equal in all things mostly aside from the high ranked officials. an empire, however...

she could really see herself growing in one.

"speech"

Thalia

Avalon
Fighter

Advanced Fighter (75)

Intermediate Intellectual (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipPride - AsexualUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantVolcano
Christmas 2019
06-26-2019, 09:06 PM
Surely this wasn't Thalia's place, but her interest was piqued when she heard an unfamiliar call echo through the castle. Curious, she headed toward the sound - after making sure her parents and siblings were all preoccupied, and unlikely to follow her to the stranger. At least, she was pretty sure it was a stranger.. she didn't recognize the voice at all, and it was hard to resist the prickling of curiosity that the sound ignited within her. At the very least, it wouldn't hurt to simply go see what was happening.. right?

The girl was quiet as she navigated the castle, hoping she was going in the right direction. Finally she saw two wolves standing near her, and her pace slowed. One was a stranger, their scent entirely unfamiliar.. and the other was still a stranger, a male, though he smelled closely of the Empire. Unsure if she wanted to make her presence known - though pretty sure she couldn't hide her almost fully-sized form in the vegetation, as hard as she tried - she quietly crept closer and waited, watching the interaction with a curious stare.

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
06-29-2019, 01:24 PM
With a nod of his head Malleus summoned Pascal, who quickly scrambled up onto the titan's back. Together the pair set off for the border and arrived in a timely fashion. They weren't the first to arrive on the scene. Weren't even second for that matter as Malleus could see the lanky form of one of Typhon's kids "hidden" in the bushes, although from this distance he couldn't tell which one it was.

He slowed to a trot as he got closer and casually ran an assessing eye over the woman who had called for the pack. She was large "for a mortal" as he often found himself thinking - perhaps it was time to reevaluate that belief - but far enough on the slender, curvaceous side to make her sex apparent from a distance.

The woman and Tsarvix were conversing and appeared to be on good terms as far as he could tell so Malleus relaxed somewhat as he trotted the last few yards between them. His bearing remained authoritative but he lacked the fire he usually possessed when he came on scene. "What have we here, Tsarvix?" His tone wasn't accusing or anything of that nature, he was just hoping to prompt the mortal into giving him a summary of what had happened so far so he could jump in without forcing anyone to repeat themselves.

Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Tsarvix

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Treat 2019
06-29-2019, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 05:34 PM by Tsarvix.)
While the pair chatted, a new scent reached Tsarvix nose and his ear twitched curiously. He didn't recognize it as any of the ranked members he had met, but by the smell of milk he could tell it was a pup. Even though he didn't know the child, he was uncomfortable with one of their youth so close to a stranger. Casually, he nodded his head towards he castle. "Well, I can tell you that we live there." He motioned, and if the female was to look to the structure he'd take the chance to shoot a pointed stare at the 'hidden' pup before sidestepping to place himself between the child and stranger. "However I am relatively new here myself, I'd be more comfortable if Malleus introduced the Empire." He gave her an apologetic smile.

It didn't take long for Malleus to approach. Archon had suggested that the emperor might have felt disrespected when they'd met, and Tsarvix was determined to right that wrong. "Sire." He greeted cooly, dipping his head low at the massive wolf's arrival. "This woman would like to learn of the glory of the Empire." He took a step back to place himself at his alpha's shoulder, and then quieted to hear what Malleus might tell the female.
PYRRHIC is allowed to crash any of TSARVIX's threads, as in his eyes he is his God.

Desdemona

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
07-15-2019, 04:55 PM

the man did not give her the information she sought. she was most likely being critical, for he had been nothing but polite to her so far. perhaps she was merely desperate to establish herself and make this droll meeting done with. useless Desdemona thought, her face displaying no scowl or grimness. it remained neutral as she stared at him, only glancing to the side as a large male approached them. from the way Tsarvix spoke, it was clear this one was in charge. the 'glory of the empire' was still lost on the young woman however. she only saw a ruined castle with some potential...

though the man called 'sire' looked to be capable. she bowed her head as she was taught to address men of status before continuing. "yes, I wish to know the glory of the empire you rule" her lashes glanced upward as she finished speaking, unaware of the child nearby that pretended to sneak. or rather, Desdemona did not care to bother herself with the child for she was unimportant right now. "I have traveled far to commit myself to a pack - yet an empire sounds like a better investment." she smiled coyly.

"my name is Desdemona; might I ask the name of the lord who rules this castle?" she added in.

"speech"

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
07-15-2019, 06:25 PM
Malleus kept an ear on Thalia while devoting the bulk of his attention to the two adults. If she stayed where she was she'd be fine. He didn't mind her watching; perhaps she would learn something.

"Malleus Abraxas, Emperor of the Risen Empire," he rumbled before launching into a brief summary of the Empire. "Our mission is simple: bring everything that breathes into submission so that we may restore the Fallen God to glory and claim our place in heaven." Short, sweet and to the point. It told her the gist of things: the pack was religious and conquest-minded. If she disliked either part of that he hadn't wasted any time on her, and if she was still interested he would elaborate.

He quirked a brow, the expression perhaps a touch out of place on his stern features, and said, "Empires are always the better investment."

Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Tsarvix

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Treat 2019
07-17-2019, 09:37 AM

Tsarvix

Tsarvix remained quiet while Malleus spoke up in response to the woman's questioning. There was not much more that he could offer as he was still so new to the Empire himself, though he wanted to remain at his Emperor's side in case the interaction went badly. He may have been a simple commoner, but that did not mean he couldn't fight if Malleus needed him to. Luckily the woman did not appear malicious and her body language held no signs of an impending attack. His Emperor seemed relatively at ease as well - even considering the child who snuck around behind them - and Tsarvix trusted his judgement. He'd remain silent at his alpha's side, calmly observing.

"Speech"
"Think."

Desdemona

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
07-17-2019, 01:46 PM

"well now. that's quite the ambition" Desdemona stated as soon as Malleus was finished speaking. perhaps she would ask more about this fallen god when the time was right, if she was even accepted into their ranks. she enjoyed a little spice with her serving and if they were a zealot community, it would be amusing to stick around for a bit. see how their little empire faired and beat others to their submission. so they believed in conquest like Balerion. yet unlike Balerion, this ruler had people to rule and command.

the emperor quirked a brow at her, stating it was a better investment for an empire. she chuckled lightly. "especially if my immortal soul could be at risk with joining any old  garden variety pack" she smiled with some amusement, though her eyes were trained to be serious. Desdemona could care less about gods and souls, but if they were going to stir up some entertainment, she wanted to be there for it. "I am not a fighter, Emperor Malleus, though I can support your troops in other ways."

Desdemona felt it was best to be upfront with such things. "I can entertain your people with stories and inspire them with tales of conquest" she launched into her skillset immediately. time would tell if he accepted her for her meager trades. her focus was charisma, entertainment and storytelling. like any good woman, she was to support and do little in physical bouts. "I have some medical skills. though I could always use more training, and I am not averse to learning to fight for the good of your empire."

she supposed if the man needed troops, she would... reluctantly agree to it. "though my interest is clear; I would like to join Risen and bask in the glory of your victories."

"speech"

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
07-25-2019, 06:34 PM
Malleus listened intently as the woman spoke. Upon meeting potential members they were divided into three categories: those who had something to offer, those who had potential and those who were of no use to him at all. The woman led with the promise of stories and entertainment, and Malleus wasn't sure what to make of that skill being listed first. The Abraxas war machine was just that - a war machine. They had need of fighters, healers, scouts and the like, and while the odd citizen was allowed in their ranks, they were nearing capacity and he had to be choosy.

The titan wished to speak to Desdemona privately so he decided to blow Thalia's cover. He glanced over at Thalia, seemingly noticing her proximity for the first time. "Tsarvix, would you mind taking Thalia back to her mother? Perhaps you can stress to her the importance of border safety along the way."

To Desdemona, he said, "Victory will belong to all who contribute to the war effort. As you have rightly surmised, it is your immortal soul on the line in this matter and you have chosen wisely coming here." Clearly considering his words, Malleus was quiet for a second. "Tell me more of your abilities as a healer."

Thalia

Avalon
Fighter

Advanced Fighter (75)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipPride - AsexualUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantVolcano
Christmas 2019
07-31-2019, 08:33 PM
Despite knowing this wasn't her place, Thalia was certain she'd been so sneaky and quiet and nobody could possibly hear her.. right? She crouched down and listened as carefully as she could to the conversation that was unfolding. Someone - a stranger - was asking about the Empire like she wanted to join. A mortal. She wrinkled her nose at the thought, though said nothing at all and instead continued to listen and observe as attentively as she could.

And yet.. wait, why had Malleus said her name? Her eyes widened in surprise, almost comically, as she shifted where she'd been hiding, straightening out only when she was sure she wasn't hiding from anyone anymore. Damnit. A sharp look appeared in her eyes, though she held a relatively submissive posture as she stood and sulked, waiting for Tsarvix to guide her back to her parents' den.

Tsarvix

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Treat 2019
08-01-2019, 02:40 PM

Tsarvix

Tsarvix wondered what was going on in his Emperor's mind - this woman claimed to be a storyteller? Did Risen have need of those? She said she also could heal, and that might be something useful to them at least. He hummed thoughtfully as the pair discussed, and then Malleus turned to him and revealed the pup hiding behind. "Certainly, Sire." He agreed, bowing his head before departing and giving one last look towards the stranger before turning to collect Thalia.

He strode up to her quickly, motioning with his head in the opposite direction from the border and strolling past the pup with expectations that she'd come along without issue. "You need to be more careful." He chided gently, glancing down at the young one. That was mostly the extent of a lecture he was prepared to give. In reality, he wasn't exactly a puppy person. It was more his beliefs that they'd go where they would and if they were stupid enough to get themselves killed, well that was one less unworthy wolf in the world, right? Thalia was at least an Abraxas however, and with that knowledge he was determined to make sure she arrived home safely. "Where is your den, child?" He asked her, still unsure of exactly where the Risen wolves all lived.

"Speech"
"Think."

Desdemona

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
08-01-2019, 03:06 PM

she could see her skillset was not particularly fond of or impressive to these folk. she had modest training as a healer - mostly poisons and subtle herbology - and could always learn more. yet there was the root of the problem; she could stand to learn more. though Desdemon did have skill where life was concerned. "I have been taught birthing procedure, pregnancy monitoration and herbs to either stop or continue a woman's wishes for a litter." she spoke, of course, of aborting litters that were not needed and helping them along if they were required. there was a formal healer for each family in her culture, yet the women were required to know such things. it was casual protection in case something was sullied - like that of a proud bloodline.

she spoke only after the pup and the young man had exited, her eyes focusing entirely on Malleus. "Emperor, I do not care where my skills are put toward or if I must learn new ones" Desdemona admitted her fault easily. compared to an actively raiding empire, she had little to contribute. her head raised, pride slightly in her honeyed tone as she addressed the man. "I do not shy from conflict or conquest. I have the stomach for a battlefield, even if my fighting skill is... nonexistent. I could be of use as a field medic." to witness such take-overs was divine in itself. even if she was not directly in the fight, she could contribute. and even learn how to fight.

"however. if you have no use for me, I will go elsewhere quietly and without fuss" Desdemona added in pleasantly.

"speech"

Thalia

Avalon
Fighter

Advanced Fighter (75)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Christmas 2019
08-10-2019, 08:55 PM

She needed to be more careful? She was being careful. That was why she'd come here! But arguing with the leader of the Empire wasn't something she was willing to do, even if she disagreed with being sent back to her den.. like a pup, she thought bitterly to herself. She did her best to hide a scowl, though she nodded in sullen agreement as she stood, moving alongside him. "I was being careful," she argued, though tried to keep her voice even and not completely argumentative; the way her ears flattened against her skull showed she was being dismissive, though was still standing up for herself.. in the only way she felt she could, given the circumstances.

"It's in one of the rooms of the castle. I'll show you," she said quietly, mostly because she wasn't sure exactly how to describe where she and her family had their den. She was just beginning to branch out of the castle, in all honesty, and though she knew around the inside fairly well, she definitely wasn't sure how to describe any of it to him. 'Where's your den?" Thalia asked after a moment, mostly just curious as they drew away from Malleus and Desdemona. Didn't hurt to get know the other members of the Empire, right?

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
08-18-2019, 01:54 PM
Malleus dipped his head in thanks to Tsarvix as the mortal moved to herd the young pup back to her parents. Once they were gone he was able to give his undivided attention to Desdemona. He sank back on his haunches as he considered her words. Her disinterest in being a fighter ruled that out for him entirely. Though she would be expected to learn to handle herself in a fight, those that lacked an interest in it, in his experience, had no business devoting themselves to it. He wanted to use her skills and interests to the Empire's advantage.

Malleus found himself nodding as he reached an answer. "Those who have the stomach to be field medics are few and far in between. If that is a position you think you can fill, that is a position I will consider you for. As a member of the Risen Empire you will be expected to learn how to defend yourself, in addition to honing your skills as a medic."

"You will have a trial period of one season during which time you will be expected to prove you belong here by pulling your weight and demonstrating your value to the Empire, and if you cannot do so, membership will be stripped from you. If you find these terms agreeable, then you are accepted, Desdemona."