Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

VolcanoDream Weaver1KValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
Promptober 2019
06-27-2019, 04:35 PM
The island was deserted. There hadn’t been wolves here in seasons, but for a brief moment she thought that she had scented Cordelia here. Of course the scent was stale, and could have been anyone however familiar Belle thought it was. Banshee had no trouble swimming over, however tried she was now. Deathbelle nuzzled her sweet niece as she drifted off to sleep in the shade. Sighing softly Belle turned from the girl to scout out the rest of the island, there wouldn’t be anything here to hurt her.

There weren’t many mammals, maybe a rodent here or there but nothing of size. However, Belle wasn’t sure that she had ever seen as many birds in one place as she had on the island. Not great flocks, but the diversity of species continued to amaze her. A bright emerald bird caught her eye, it was tiny and sported a bright red throat under its needle like beak. Belle blinked curiously up at it as the creature hummed on by to the next flower.

A soft smile settled on her features as she allowed herself to relax. Something she hadn’t done in a very long time. The breeze was gentle, the sun was low, and the temperature was perfect.

Deathbelle wears a rosebud tiara that is not shown in her art.

Desdemona

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
06-27-2019, 04:55 PM

the breeze was nice despite the humidity, but she did not mind either. after leaving the north and one acquaintance behind, she had went to Auster. to the Risen Empire. whatever happened there had happened and she left them to travel again. it seemed she wasn't satisfied with staying in one place for long; her paws itched to explore the lands around the empire. going a bit north from the island nation, she'd swim through the low tides to reach the mainland. that was the plan.

Desdemona didn't expect to see another, smaller island in the near distance. turning away from the mainland, she made for it. the reef idly tickled her paws as she did. hitting dry land, she'd shake off her dual colored coat before walking further in. there was the call of birds in the air but she did not know how to hunt avians. her belly was full anyway, having caught something small earlier to tide her over. wordlessly as she walked, the scent of others hit her nose. one in particular; an adult female. the other was smaller, perhaps a child.

she would tread with caution if so. mothers were tempermental. "hello?" her soft vocals split the air, wondering if she was close to them.

"speech"

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-27-2019, 05:15 PM
She moved along the edge of the verdant forest, taking in the bright colors and the peace of the place when the voice sounded. The Ivory splashed she wolf halted, gaze narrowing and mismatched ears falling to her skull. Her features turned in the direction the voice came from and then back towards Banshee. For a moment she debated about returning to the child, but instead ventured forth to confront the stranger.

Belle brushed past the foliage as she escaped the forest’s hold to find the she wolf before her. She was a gradient of blacks and whites. Belle was sure she’d never seen her before. The Klein woman looked down her nose at the she wolf. ”Hello,” she offered back. Could she get the she wolf to leave quickly maybe? Really Deathbelle just wanted to get back to her relaxing beach vacation. ”Are you looking for someone?”

Desdemona

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
06-27-2019, 05:38 PM

another answered the call, bursting from the foliage into view. it seemed she had heard Desdemona's voice, however soft it had been. "I am not" she'd reply to the woman honestly. her head would slowly shake before focusing her dawn-hued eyes on the other. not bad to look at, either. what a bonus this was. "I scented others here, so I called out to see if they were near me." her head would tuck slightly as she raised a brow.

evidently someone was. "though, if you wish not to be bothered, I can go" she'd offer quietly. the other had answered; that was all she needed. it was foolish to not know where another person or people may be when entering a new place. she was a bit cautious without anyone backing her up for now. that caution would either save or kill her. Desdemona felt explaining herself was best anyway; she could wrap a man around her paw but women were trickier.

"speech"

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-27-2019, 06:31 PM
Belle’s question received a quick answer as the she wolf spoke. She didn’t seek out anyone, only caught their scent. Indeed the two of them were here, Belle found it oddly coincidental that after there being no wolves here for seasons one appeared shortly after her and her niece. Really Deathbelle did want to be left alone, but since the woman was already here.. Maybe she could glean something from this encounter. She sighed softly while looking the stranger over.

”No, feel free to remain.” Deathbelle told her, despite having felt inconvenienced by her presence. ”Only my niece and myself inhabit the island right now,” she was being oddly forthright. ”The beach seemed an excellent place to relax and destress.” Something she had been too short on since taking Banshee on. She didn’t invite the woman to join her, but she didn’t chase her off either as the Klein woman shifted. Decorated paws carried her further over the beach, ”I hadn’t quite finished scouting though,” she added as alabaster tail swayed easily at her ankles.

Desdemona

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
06-27-2019, 06:39 PM

"I see" perhaps being honest with others landed her better results. she'd have to remember it, however entertaining it was to lead another on. you can catch flies with honey just as well as vineager. Desdemona dipped her head in thanks, seeing as she wasn't being chased off by some strange woman. she said nothing of the child when mentioned, merely content with the other bringing it up if they wished. children weren't her forte yet. others' children were often awkwardly met.

seeing as she was not being chased away, and continued to be talked to, Desdemona felt her paws carry her toward the other woman. "four eyes are better than two" she offered her services boldly, raising her head to stare at the other for any mention of aggression from it. her own dark tail swayed behind her idly, her steps not hesitated though she did stop a respectable distance away from the woman. an easy smirk placed around her lips. "unless you'd rather me on the other side of the island, that is?"

"speech"

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-27-2019, 07:05 PM
The Klein woman strolled forward with or without the stranger, her ears tilted back to listen to her as she replied. Her little scouting mission would receive a second participant, the corners of her lips tugged back in a soft smile. ”This is true,” she answered softly as her paws carried her over the soft sand. She looked back over her shoulder, her white ear gleaming in the sunlight. ”Does my opinion matter?” she asked curiously in a non answer as she continued forward, eyes flashing as she continued her scouting regardless of where the other woman might end up.

There was a chance she could be a threat to the young Banshee, but Belle almost encouraged some kind of conflict. Real emergency, and real danger were excellent teachers. ”But no, right here is fine. I can use a little adult conversation.” She loved her niece dearly, but she was relaxing today, and maybe talking to someone completely removed from her life might give her a little introspection. ”My name is Deathbelle, Belle if you’d like.” Her magenta gaze returned to the forest as well as the water. ”Your name?”

Desdemona

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
06-27-2019, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2019, 07:18 PM by Desdemona.)

"it does if I take a liking to you." Desdemona purred with a chuckle. the woman shouldn't expect her to roll over for her, they just met after all. the opinions of another woman were often better than a man's. they tended to be brutish and reckless. she suspected that the woman before her was tired of conversations with her niece. so it appeared the girl was quite young after all. lucky for this one, she had no use for a child. even if an opportunity presented itself, she found the whole ordeal sickening to use an innocent for their gain.

though how innocent a child really was... she was not sure. they say evil can fester in the womb as well as any experience outside of it. following after the woman, she'd soon gain a name. Deathbelle sounded quite edgy, as if the parent or whoever named her was trying too hard to appear important. oh well. "Desdemona" she'd offer. nicknames were reserved for allies. "what brings you and your niece all the way south? just prefer it better than the cold?" speaking from experience, she did.

"speech"

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-27-2019, 08:29 PM
Belle felt herself grin at the answer but she didn’t turn back around as she led herself and the she wolf further down the beach. An interesting answer that she looked forward to mulling over further. Their conversation didn’t linger on her niece and that was a relief when it was all said and done. Though she needed to learn she was still a child and had been through a lot in her short life. Desdemona offered her name and the start to a bit of small talk. The woman was assuming much, but the Klein wouldn’t call her out on it.

”We haven’t found a place where we fit quite yet.” They would remain here in the south for a while, until she finally coaxed her niece to the desert. Belle didn’t know why, but she felt drawn to the place. If she could eek out a living in the harsh place could she claim victory over nature? Would she be more satisfied with her life, could she move on from the loss of her family and siblings? ”The temperature is one facet.” This island had a lot of appeal. If they were able to capture a few smaller herbivores and bring them here to breed. They might have been able to colonize the island. ”We haven’t been in the northern reaches yet, is that where you hale from?”

Desdemona

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
06-27-2019, 08:39 PM

"so you are loners." that wasn't a question. it was a statement, one that was at least true for Deathbelle. her thoughts went softly to Risen, and what had transpired there before being shaken away. Desdemona resisted a click of the tongue; being a child on the road sounded very risky. especially if it was just one person looking after the child. but that was the other woman's business, really. she didn't care enough to really worry for the pair.

she'd hum softly. "I entered through the north, yes, but I travled further down to reach here. my land isn't as tempermental as this one" Desdemona lightly scoffed as she stared around. blistering heat in one area, cold as hell in the other. she could only assume the west and east were just as bad. "I'm used to comfortable, tropical weather." she had no idea this place had a desert either. but this island was very close to her roots.

"any recommendations to go next?"

"speech"

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-28-2019, 03:53 PM
The Klein woman dipped her head, yes they were loners. For now. Belle had many plans to see through to completion, she just hadn’t been able to execute yet. Today she deserved a vacation, and the island would be very much accommodating even if it was interrupted. Belle angled her ears in Desdemona’s direction as she explained where she came from, and the land she lived before. Belle’s home was a wasteland, the lands of her father and his father before him were worth nothing now.

”The east is rather tropical, but I’ve been comfortable here in the south.” Part of the reason the she wolf hadn’t remained still was scouting potential land to settle upon. She had little interest in giving her loyalties to a pack, she craved to reclaim the Klein Empire so her kin might stand tall once again. ”However crowded it can be.” She added, noting that the south supported three packs. This island had been welcomed respite from the throngs that dominated the main land, and maybe she would still be allowed some alone time of her own.

Desdemona

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
06-28-2019, 05:34 PM

"then I shall go east" if the woman's words were true, she'd know soon enough. Desdemona bent over, sniffing at a large pink flower before her eyes shifted to the shoreline. the reef had been good stepping when she traveled to this island, but she wondered if it always was or just with the lowered water levels. the swim hadn't been hard on her. it was quite shallow in some places. turning back to Deathbelle, she'd go on. "are you looking after your niece alone?"

there was nothing malicious, merely asking a question. she didn't say she wanted to even see the girl. it was something to mull over. the other woman had been kind enough, so she felt a bit of... generousity. "it must be difficult to leave the poor thing alone for long so you may get food" Desdemona swirled back to face the woman "if you will allow me, I can catch something small for you both" that way, Deathbelle could conserve her strength. "think of it as... well, showing off my skills for a pretty face." she'd chuckle boldly.

"speech"

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-28-2019, 07:55 PM
Belle walked slowly along the beach with her brief companion, shed given enough information that Desdemona would make her way east to explore the tropical side of the continent. The ivory splashed Klein slowed to watch the dark she wolf sniff at the blooms that helped make up the wall of forest. Deathbelle’s bright lilac gaze met Desdemona’s as she looked back to her and asked about the little devil spawn. Of course Belle couldn’t help but smile even thinking about Banshee. Raising her alone was hard, but it was well worth the effort. She loved her niece, and wished desperately to give her a pack and title worthy of her lineage.

”Yes, my brother..” she trailed off as she decided how to retell the tale. ”Was going through a lot, and his.. woman.” She didn’t know if they had made vows to each other or had accidentally procreated. Knowing her brother it likely started as nothing more than lust. ”Disappeared with the other two children not long after he did. Little Banshee was all on her own, it was by chance I stumbled upon her.” Who knows what might have happened to the young she wolf had Deathbelle not found her.

She was almost so caught up in her thoughts that she didn’t hear Desdemona’s offer. Mismatched ears perked, curious that this stranger would so kindly offer her help. ”...showing off my skills for a pretty face.” Deathbelle perked a brow curiously, wondering if she picked up on the correct undertones. She wolves were lovely to look at, but Belle wasn’t sure she had ever been attracted to one. Not that she had found any men worthy either. She wouldn’t say no to compliments though, and felt the corners of her lips pull back in a flattered grin.

”I would certainly allow, and maybe encourage more of those compliments.” she offered with an amused giggle. ”My ego isn’t quite large enough, you see.” She added with more humor than had left her lips in a year or more.

Desdemona

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
06-28-2019, 08:08 PM

Desdemona knew her strengths and weaknesses. charming men and watching others flail desperately... but children were one of those strange dualities. both a strength and a weakness.. expected to be maternal, though having little but impatience toward children (especially unruly ones), and expected to raise a brood... she knew she would be picky on who she'd procreate with. strength in bloodlines. casual encounters was something else entirely. it was weakness to care about something that was so small and weak itself. she knew better to get attached to any child. they could die easily.

and anyone she mated with would have to understand if the pup was not desirable in their lineage, it had been taught to her to get rid of such poor stock. no deformities, no disabilities... no weak links in the chain. yet all this could easily change in the coming months. who knew what the future held, really? Desdemona, therefore, wasn't exactly surprised to hear another woman had simply abandoned their child. she had no way of knowing if this Banshee was purposefully abandoned or merely accidentally. "a good opportunity to mold her to your liking, instead of this woman's" she offered logically.

a breezy chuckle escaped her lips. "we shall have to fix that" Desdemona added in "an ego is one of the things a woman must wear well" if one could not have pride in oneself, the female was left to the devices of a male's whim. "but a nice snack, yes? how about a bird for little Banshee? she can play with the feathers." her dawn hued eyes looked above the pair to the fluttering avians.

"speech"

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-28-2019, 08:52 PM
Deathbelle knew that one day, when all of her requirements were satisfied, she would give life to her own young. The Klein name needed to continue, and that couldn’t happen without reproduction. At one point, when she was still only a young girl, she had dreamed of marrying her prince and ruling a kingdom together. Those dreams never came to fruition however. Belle had to make her own way, without the presence of another. She would lift herself into the graces of royalty.

She hadn’t ever given thought to the prospect of culling her own children, Klein blood was strong and even if she had the likelihood of any of them deserving it was slim to none. Of course she likely would need to find a nursemaid, if her plans did develop as she planned there would be little time to devote to raising tiny puppies. Of course what Desdemona said was true, she would mold Banshee to her ideals instead of the foreign woman. Instead of her father. The later notion made her sad, and again she yearned for Hannibal’s presence.

Their conversation shifted naturally as her companion chuckled at her words. Belle had to admit the laughter released much of the tension she held within her, and relaxation was right around the corner. This woman would hunt for them and Belle could relax next to the calming sound of the ocean with Banshee nearby.

Desdemona’s words hit her hard, and Belle watched the woman as she spoke of a woman’s pride. Belle never thought she had lacked any pride, but maybe she didn’t wear it as intended. She tried to hide her doubts from her face as alabaster tail flicked at her feet. ”You’re very kind Desdemona.” she answered as the woman offered a bird for Ban. ”I will certainly remember your actions.” There was no way the woman knew that Belle was working towards leadership, but if they ever met again and Des needed her, Deathbelle would eagerly offer any support she could.

Desdemona

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
06-28-2019, 09:36 PM

it was good to have allies in your corner. this small, simple gesture was enough to earn favor. though Deathbelle was not unbearable, Desdemona knew she could have better uses for her one day should they meet back up. "I try" she'd smirk, her tail flowing easily behind her as her gaze returned to the woman's. it was up to fate itself to see if she would actually catch anything though. giving a little wink, she'd leave the other for a moment to find better hunting.

steps carried her forward silently, remembering what had been taught to her. in her culture, it was a man's job to feed his family and she only picked up subtle skill watching her father in secret. they disapproved of a woman being able to hunt and fight. whether Desdemona believed that herself... well, she was all for trying new things. luckily, birds were idiotic. she found one pecking around on the ground, wrestling a worm from the earth's grasp. too focused on its task, it didn't see her until it was too late.

the creature itself was small, yet small enough for a pup to eat and feel full enough. it was brightly colored and full of thick feathers that'd most likely amuse a child. carrying it back to Deathbelle, she'd deposit it before her. "there now. this should fill little Banshee up."

"speech"

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-29-2019, 06:35 AM
Desdemona was easy to be around, despite Belle having wished her away when she first saw her. The encounter turned out to be beneficial in a few ways, Banshee would eat without any effort on her aunt’s part. Deathbelle was able to speak honestly with a stranger, and even though she shielded her secrets she was beginning to enjoy the she wolf’s easy presence. She was easy on the eyes and offered flatterings that the princess could not deny. Belle gave Desdemona as quick grin before the other woman slipped away to her promise.

Deathbelle took the opportunity to find a place for herself to relax. They made it most of the way around the beach, Ban was nestled safely in the crook of a tree. There were three wolves on the island, she only hoped an errant venomous snake didn’t find her. Belle didn’t worry much though, if fate willed it Banshee could be gone just as quickly as Hannibal. She could only do her best for the girl, and hope she made it through childhood.

As Belle stretched herself out onto the sand, beneath the shade of a lone palm tree, Desdemona reappeared. The Klein woman smiled in thanks at the feathery but plump bird. ”Indeed.” Belle agreed as she looked the bird over. Pups needed much more nutrition than an adult wolf, and the extra calories would be a blessing. ”You’ve done good work,” her tail flicked at the sands beneath her. ”Now, come and relax a moment.” she invited the woman over with a soft smile as her magenta gaze looked out over the vast ocean before them.

Desdemona

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
06-29-2019, 12:32 PM

the other woman seemed pleased enough. she even invited Desdemona to lay near her, which she promptly accepted. an island vacation with a pretty girl? that was perhaps one of the top most wanted things on her proverbial list. "who can say no to that island breeze?" she'd chuckle as she lowered her body to the sand. it worked out, this, in the end. she didn't want to swim all the way back without checking the place out but she also didn't want trouble.

if Deathbelle wanted, she could have easily driven her away. it'd force her to go back to the mainland and regroup before trying to come back again. but if she did, there could be another wolf here looking for a fight. a vicious cycle, really. making sure the bird was properly guarded - in case any medium predators were around - Desdemona sighed wistfully. "I could see myself settling down here" she remarked for conversation "so far it's been peaceful."

but peace didn't always last. "though where's the fun in it being always peaceful, eh?" she'd snicker.

"speech"

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
06-29-2019, 06:11 PM
Her hunting companion eagerly took up her offer and drape herself similarly over the white sands. Allowing yourself to relax in the presence of a stranger was not always the most intelligent of choices, but Belle could take care of herself caught unawares or not. Unless Desdemona had a couple more wolves on her payroll to sneak up behind her, the Klein woman felt she could get comfortable. The she wolf effectively lulled her into a sense of security, not that she would wholly consider it a bad thing. Being vulnerable and being able to trust other wolves.. she didn’t have her family anymore. Belle had to start somewhere.

”Banshee deserves a home.” Her aunt sought to provide, though more work needed done. ”Though maybe not so much on the island, however quiet it may be.” Vacationing here she could do. Settling here? Maybe not. ”If you’re never challenged you can’t grow, peace is a cycle.” Belle spoke absently as she watched the waves beat against the coral. ”My challenge to bear is my niece.” Mostly the she wolf spoke to herself, but the words felt good to be said aloud.

Desdemona

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
06-29-2019, 06:31 PM

"its in our nature to challenge and be challenged" Desdemona would add in, her eyes hooded as she looked across the waters. rank meant little if it wasn't fought for. sure, you could get everything handed to you but where was the, well, challenge? everything tasted sweeter if one worked for it. be it underhanded or not. stretching out so her toes flexed idly, she'd give a soft grunt. "yet no packs caught your eye?"

if it was up to her, she'd suggest going somewhere with lots of children for Banshee to play with. socializing was important at a young age. pups learned the skills they needed to survive from others. she was not very aware if Risen had many children, else she'd also suggest Deathbelle to come back with her. though recruitment wasn't exactly her job. she had a basic existence thus far. "perhaps it would be eaiser to make your own?" Desdemona went on, raising a brow to her companion.

"speech"