Deity

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-30-2019, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2019, 09:52 AM by Deity.)
Deity had smelled the sulfur from a considerable distance. The stench had made her wrinkle her nose, but there had been something intriguing about it, something almost... pleasant, dare she say. So, being a lonesome young she-wolf with nothing but time on her paws, she’d followed the smell.
Eventually the tranquil sound of trickling water had graced her ears. She was deep in the forest, dwarfed by regal trees that grew so thick that it was difficult to see where one ended and the next began. Vines and ivy dripped down their trunks and off their branches like molten emeralds, hanging still as death, for no wind could penetrate this dense woodland. Deity looked down. Her eyes followed the twisting paths of gnarled roots, twining together like secret lovers under a cover of darkness and spongy moss.
Deity cast her eyes upward and noticed a wisp of steam that drifted toward her, ghostlike, before dissipating. She must be close to the source of the smell now. The she-wolf traveled only a few steps more before she broke the treeline. The dimness of the trees evaporated immediately, and the sunlight, blazing in contrast, kissed Deity’s face. She turned away and muttered a curse, eyes watering from the sudden light. When she’d adjusted, Deity turned back around and straightened up in surprise. All around her, half-moon pools were filled with water that shone like stars’ blood. Lavender sprung up in patches between each pool, lending a sweetness to the air that she noticed now that she had grown used to the sulfuric tang. The moss carpet continued nearly to the lip of the pools, where it gave way to a dull stone edge. Deity approached the nearest pool, which was about the length of her body and the width of her leg. Gently, she moved her paw above the water, breaking the film of steam, and dipped her toe into the pool— to her surprise, it was warm! Deity had never felt such a thing. She laid down, soaking both front feet in the water, and drank in the solitude.
And so our haloes became collars and golden chains; our proud, shining divinity became the very thing that bound us.

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
06-30-2019, 10:17 AM
having spent most of her life under the earth itself, Dutch was surprised and intrigued by the natural forming hotsprings. she was used to lava flow, her people manipulating it to craft items but had never seen water heated before. breaking through to the treeline on the other side, she'd approach. having seen the other woman, she wasn't sure if they were going to chase her off for her find and she didn't rightly care if they did. she just wanted a quick peek and then she'd be back on her way.

"hey" Dutch did offer at least a semblance of formality as she addressed the other woman. an ear flickered backward as she stared openly before her gaze drifted to a much too large pool before her. a paw wavered over the surface before she shot it down. hot water splashed over her small form and she blinked rapidly to clear her eyes. "shit." she'd hiss, feeling her already warm body heat up even more. maybe that wasn't such a great idea, there.

Deity

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-30-2019, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2019, 12:06 PM by Deity.)
The sound of a voice startled Deity from her calm. She twisted her head, piercing eyes alighting on a dark-furred female. She hadn’t caught her scent, nor had she heard her approach. The sulfuric smell of the springs must have drowned out any inkling of a strangers’ presence. She knew not how long the stranger had been there, watching, nor did Deity know what company she had with her. What kind of threat did she pose, if any? She watched the stranger splash spring water all over herself and curse. Okay. Maybe she didn’t pose a threat. Deity noted that the dark she-wolf seemed to find the spring unpleasant— information that could aid her if a scuffle ensued.
Of course these thoughts were merely precautionary, instinct that had been hammered into from puphood. Being a loner was liberating, but dangerous.
Trust is not a currency that can be given freely.
Deity stood, posturing herself to appear tall and imposing. She angled her ears forward, and braced all four feet on the mossy earth. Her form wasn’t aggressive, but it sent the message that she was prepared to defend herself if need be. She kept her hackles down, not wanting to seem too hostile. As much as she wanted to be aloof and untrusting, it had been... months, at least, since she’d spoken to another wolf.
“Hello. Who are you? What are you doing here?” Deity asked, trying to keep a level tone. She caught herself before she could ask how long the female had been standing there. She didn’t want to broadcast her lack of perception to the world.
And so our haloes became collars and golden chains; our proud, shining divinity became the very thing that bound us.

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
06-30-2019, 12:53 PM
man this woman asked a lot of questions. "calm down" she'd lick hot droplets from her lips with a small pink tongue. "I ain't gonna eat ya." like she could even take down a wolf than was taller than her anyway. well... she could. she could try, but nobody needed to know that. the point was she was very small, and this other lady was much bigger. she shouldn't be intimidated by Dutch's size. she was a small bean. a small little thing that nobody really bothered to notice most of the time.

"name's Dutch though" the dwarven woman went on to add. a tail flickered idly behind her, the only part of her body that wasn't drenched in hot water. her tiny shoulders rolled, an expression of neutrality. "am I not supposed to be here? I mean, it doesn't belong to you, does it?" she'd ask, raising a brow. wolves were so touchy about who trampled all over their precious dirt. a fine representative she was going to be, for the band she was part of. "I dunno. I picked a direction and wandered away. don't really know why I'm here."

Deity

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-30-2019, 01:36 PM
The she-wolf’s first words were calm down. Deity wrinkled her nose, tail lashing. She would not calm down. She had every right to be... to be un-calm. The stranger’s casual tone unnerved her, and she unconsciously channeled that energy into irritability. Though, as she took a moment to drink in the stranger’s appearance, she realized how very... tiny she was. Was she a pup? No, her fur had smoothed out, her limbs were long. She looked a bit older than Deity, actually. Why was she so small?
Deity listened to the rest of the stranger’s response. She was shocked by her neutral tone and nonchalance. Her movements were languid, her gaze resting lightly upon Deity. There was no hostility in her form. In fact, Deity was surprised at how similar her reasoning for being here was to Deity’s own.
“No, it— these lands do not belong to me,” she replied, relaxing a bit. “I found myself here the same way. You are alone, are you not?” Deity added, realizing she couldn’t let her guard down with her senses blocked like this. The burble of water would mask any quiet sounds made from possible wolves in hiding. The treeline was dark and foreboding, filled with shadows that could be an attacker. Sulfur clogged her nostrils. She still couldn’t catch the scent of the she wolf directly in front of her.
She was not paranoid, Deity reasoned, only hyper-conscious of the fact that she could not detect any possible enemy. This could be a ruse, after all. She had to consider all possibilities.

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
06-30-2019, 01:58 PM
Dutch's own mole-like nose wrinkled at the obvious anger and frustration coming off the other wolf. "for now, yeah" there was no telling if the members of Hjarrandi were close by or not. she was still too new to them to make many allies among the band, so she was confident she hadn't been followed. especially because they were worried the poor little dwarf'd get lost on her own. the thought made her scoff. "I don't think anyone else is here." the other woman was obviously paranoid whether or not others were nearby.

and seeing as she didn't own this land... the dwarf settled more comfortably next to the pool. she didn't seem affected by the sulfuric tang. this was nothing. try digging around in the dirt so much that your next generation was mud-colored. you were raised in the dirt. you ate dirt. you groomed yourself with it. ores and shiny stones aside, she was a digger. a miner. the surface had plenty of amazing smells, but nothing compared to the smithies. " and who're you anyway? don't belong to a pack here, do ya?" she'd ask, lifting her head.

Deity

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-30-2019, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2019, 05:08 PM by Deity.)
Deity wondered if she could trust this wolf. She claimed she was alone, and through the “for now, anyway” kept her a bit on edge, it mostly sounded like a display of honesty. When Deity had stated that these were not her lands, the wolf had only then assumed a more comfortable position. A sign of respect. Deity did like to be respected. For now, she decided, she was safe. Her senses remained blocked, so she knew she must keep her wits about her, but it had been so long since she’d engaged with one so similar to her that she couldn’t resist indulging in conversation.
She let her posture relax a bit, then sat down, powerful haunches folding beneath her. “I am Deity, and I belong to no one but myself. And you? You say you are alone ‘for now’. To whom do you belong, and why would they come here?”
While speaking, Deity pondered the name ‘Dutch’. She used heavy slang (a part of Deity scoffed at this; you do not use slang to commune with a god) but her thick accent was foreign, and Deity could not place it— she hadn’t much experience with language.

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
06-30-2019, 02:19 PM
Deity, huh? someone liked to name their kids after spot-on hotshot importance, right? Dutch's head tilted slightly, her brows raised more as she questioned whether this was truly the woman's name or just something she liked to be called. "well, Dei" she wasn't going to call some strange wolf her god. her gods were much different. ancestors too - which is mainly who she worshipped anyway. "I'm part of a band of wolves that come from some fancy viking land. Hjarrandi." she'd explain, lifting a paw to rub at her nose.

"the fact is, we're nomads. so I don't know if some other person followed me or not" she'd say with lackadaisical care. best to be honest, else Dei-Dei would freak out if her band just jumped out of the trees. "don't really care" she'd shrug. if someone did, she'd bark at them to carry something back to the group. "I'm just looking for ingredients." vines, ivy... some natural forming ore by the springs. anything that could be used to craft items. "haven't seen any shiny stones around, have ya?" she'd ask, dipping her head to the ground.

Deity

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-30-2019, 02:52 PM
Deity chuffed, miffed, when Dutch coarsely dubbed her “Dei”. She opened her mouth, then hopelessly closed it. This she-wolf didn’t seem like the type to respect her wishes, especially those on the more trivial side. Deity gritted her teeth and allowed Dutch to speak. Hjarrandi? Vikings? These words held no meaning to Deity, but did give her a clue as to where Dutch came from. Certainly a foreign, faraway land. Perhaps not from Borealis at all. Deity had heard of nomadic bands, sure, but not “Vikings”. What mysterious ingredients was Dutch looking for? Stones? Perhaps these Vikings were jewelers, she thought, remembering the painted wolf that had pierced her ears with golden hoops when she was a pup.
“Shiny stones? No, I’ve not seen anything of the sort...” Her words trailed off as she turned her head, looking for what Dutch described. “Perhaps in the pools?” This land was certainly beautiful, and Deity wouldn’t be surprised if gemstones were added to the mix. In fact...
Deity frowned, contemplating, them pawed at the moss beneath her. She clawed off a chunk, and, to her delight, a flash of light caught her eye. She was young, and for a moment, pup-like glee shone through her rigid demeanor as she tore more moss from the earth. A small pearlescent stone winked up at her. It was pale and shining, reminding Deity of the full moon. She wedged a claw in a crack in the rock around it, peeling up the jewel inlaid in dark stone. It was far from perfect— black rock clung to it in chunks, leaving only a small part of the jewel exposed. However, the gentle swell of the otherwise-jagged-edged rock gave away the true size of the jewel— about as big as a wolf’s iris.
Deity, coming back to herself, smothered the childish expression on her face and returned her gaze to Dutch. “Suppose I just found one,” she said.

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
06-30-2019, 03:22 PM
Dutch bit back a sigh, only to pique her ears when Dei-Dei decided to dig. she even inched a bit closer when the woman dug up a shiny stone herself. what were the odds of that happening? she knew ore deposits that were commonly from springs were... well, just basic iron and sulfur deposits. she hadn't seen the likes of that moon-glowing stone before.

it was a small piece of ore, though. she wasn't sure if it was a jewel or a polished stone. "don't suppose you'd trade it for a piece of food, eh?" she could hunt, give the woman the entire body in exchange for the stone for the band. Dutch had her instincts; her purple gaze was entirely on the stone. her eyes shone with what she could make from that meager offering. perhaps a small necklace or a bracelet... she'd use the whole thing too. even the black rock. it had to be good for something.

the dwarven lady could easily smash it up - albeit carefully - with a piece of flint. shape it. mold it. her head shook, realizing she was getting a bit close. Dutch backed off. "sorry, sorry" she barked laughter "I'm a tinkerer. that shit is great. stones. ores. you name it, I can make it with it."
dutch speaks with a thick scandinavian accent.

Deity

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-30-2019, 03:50 PM
Deity was, honestly, just as surprised as Dutch about the discovery. She knew next to nothing about rocks, ore, and deposits. It was probably just a chance event, her discovery, but theoretically they could be standing upon hundreds of these winking gems. She thought of it as an offering to Her Grace, from the earth itself.
Dutch was speaking, inching closer, and Deity shifted a bit. Unconsciously, she puffed her chest up, more than a little uncomfortable with the closeness. The female reminded her now of a magpie, a thieving bird who hoarded nestfuls of whatever shiny items they could find.
A tinkerer? “Like a jewelsmith?” She blurted. Fascinating. She supposed she had no use for the stone, pretty as it was. She wasn’t particularly hungry— she’d snacked on a squirrel earlier, old and stringy though it was. Information was a far more valuable currency to be exchanged between strangers.
“You can have the gem. I do not have any use for it,” Deity said, pushing it towards Dutch. “In return, I simply ask for you to tell me a bit about yourself and your... people. Hjarrandi, did you say? Who are they— who are you, and what is your purpose?”

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
06-30-2019, 04:49 PM
for free? well, not really. "whoa, really?" it was Dutch's turn to blurt out in amazement. her eyes went wide, neck shooting down to look closer at the rock that had been given to her. "ha ha! score! I can make something cool outta this!" she'd whoop, her tail swiping easily across the ground. her paws kneaded against the earth as she grinned wide at Dei-Dei. her mind was already working on possible contraptions and items.

"yeah, I'm a crafter. I work with ores and gems mostly, but I can make almost anything with the right stuff" she lifted her head proudly, content to brag about the skills she had learned during her life so far. all Dei-Dei wanted to know about was Hjarrandi and the people involved with it in exchange for the pretty rock. a fair trade, as far as Dutch was concerned. she liked to talk. the dwarf's brows furrowed a bit as she decided to start on basic stuff. "honestly, we don't really have a purpose. we're all from the same land and decided to stick together in a new place."

she went 'ah' before continuing. "our band's leader is Valkyrie. she recruited me to come to Boreas. work with her band to survive. we trade and have our traditions, but I'm not really a Viking" Dutch added in with a scoff "my people live underground, away from those gorgeous bastards. we're tradesmen and tradeswomen. we only go to the surface to get supplies." she hoped that was enough, for she really didn't want to give away everything in one go.

Deity

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-30-2019, 05:06 PM
Deity cocked her head, still sitting tall above the small she-wolf. “Interesting,” she replied. So Dutch was one of the Hjarrandi, but not one of them? Deity pondered the nature of family, and bonds. She barely remembered her family, having become a loner at such a young age. Bonds and friendships and families were... foreign to her. Perhaps this was what made her feel like something Other, perhaps this was the source of her divinity.
Dutch had scoffed at the word Viking, had claimed that they were not her people. If the Hjarrandi were Vikings, and she was one of the Hjarrandi, then what could she mean by that? She was a Viking, but not a Viking. So, Deity assumed, she still felt a deeper connection to those underground— which, Deity realized, she had completely overlooked as the words left the stranger’s mouth. Wolves, underground? Did she simply mean they dug dens in the earth? That wasn’t uncommon, but hardly seemed worth mentioning.
The image of a mole came to Deity’s mind. Did they live in tunnels, like moles and other rodents? That must be it. And to only rarely come to the surface... how was such a thing possible? Suddenly, Deity was hyper-aware of the moss beneath her feet, and the many mysteries it must hold. What, or who was beneath her right now? She looked down, then back into the violet (a spectacular color, really) of Dutch’s eyes.
“So,” she said, brow furrowed, “what do you mean, you aren’t really a Viking? You said that you belonged to the Hjarrandi— are you not one of them?” Leaning forward, she asked, aghast, the spark of youth leaping out again: “Are you a captive?”
She had been about to ask about the underground bit as well, and about these foreign people who she didn’t know existed, but the ghastly thought of this nonchalant youth being bound to a master, not much older than herself...
For all Deity’s arrogance and her belief in her own divinity, she could never be the master of a captive. It was a dirty thing, repulsive, owning slaves. Followers must follow of their own free will, otherwise devotion is worth nothing, the same way shining moonstones only have value to those who believe they do.

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
06-30-2019, 05:23 PM
collecting the rock with a hum, she wondered how to even explain the fact she lived underground. settling on what she had told the other woman, she'd elaborate. "vikings are tall, fair haired folk that often conquer and raid" it seemed that Dei-Dei didn't really understand the concept of one "I guess people call them Norsemen over vikings but whatever. they live in the northern, unbearable habitats and make a home outta 'em. my people, well, we're called dwarves. we're wolves, ja, but also sorta like a sub-species. we're all short, fluffy and good with our paws."

she'd chuckle. "nah, I'm no captive. I'm just a foreign crafter tryin' to learn more beyond what I knew" Dutch knew she'd make any wolf wish they didn't capture her. she was loud, often drunken and intimately needy. a real gem. just like the rest of her unbearable people. turning the stone over, she'd whistle quietly. the stone itself had a small jewel in it that she could extract easily. but it was tiny so she'd have to watch how. "but yeah. I'm just here for the ride if that makes sense. good food. strange lands. new folks. plenty of shit to get into." she'd give a playful wink.

bending over, she'd pick up a random stone and begin tapping against the blackened parts of the received stone. a few chips gave easily against her force, causing her to believe the mineral was weakened by the sulfur in this area.

Deity

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
06-30-2019, 05:57 PM
Deity nodded along as Dutch spoke. Okay. That made sense. A wandering... dwarf, then. With every word from the she-wolf’s mouth, Deity saw more and more similarities to herself. The way Dutch spoke gave Deity the sense that she was unbound, similar to how Deity herself was bound to no one. Dutch didn’t give Deity the impression that she had family ties, nor friendship ties to either group, dwarves or Vikings. So she was an explorer, of a sort. Deity felt her questions had been answered, but did not wish for the conversation to end. It really had been a long time since she’d talked to someone so similar to herself. If she ever had.
For a moment, Deity, silent and dignified, watched the female tinker with the stone. She chipped parts of it away by accident, and seemed a mite dismayed.
“What are you going to make of it? The gem?” Deity asked, tilting her head a bit and leaning towards Dutch to get a better view. She seemed to be trying to separate the gem from its dark stone coffin.

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
06-30-2019, 11:10 PM
"depends on the state of the gem, really" Dutch replied easily enough, mouthing around her stone as she clinked against the black rock. spitting out the stone now, she'd look back up. the other woman had come closer to look, causing the dwarf to grin. seemed like Dei-Dei was warming up. "this one is weakened and smoothed by the sulfur" she'd reach over to paw the gem carefully "so it can easily bend and mold. but it can break too if I'm not careful, ja?"

settling back, she'd eye the treeline. "I gotta extract it from the black rock and see how big it is too" nudging the stone she was using to tap with, she'd move it a bit closer to Dei-Dei. "wanna try?" Dutch asked eagerly, moving backward now to allow the larger woman the room if she so wanted to. "all you gotta do is use the stone to tap the black stuff away from the gem." but it was fine if the other didn't want to. she was trying to be polite. trying to... dunno, including the one who found it originally.

Deity

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-01-2019, 12:09 AM

Deity perked up in fascination at Dutch’s educated response. She knew so much for someone so young— Deity had no knowledge whatsoever of rocks or chemicals or reactants. It felt good. To learn. Sulfur can weaken rocks. She stored that information deep inside herself, knowing it likely wouldn’t come in handy in her lifetime, but it felt good to learn something new. While other wolves hoarded gems, or feathers, or flowers, Deity hoarded knowledge. Every observation and fact, from chemical reactivity to Dutch’s apparent dislike of the hot water, she kept in a deep part of her brain, and would keep for years.
The she-wolf pawed the stone closer to Deity, and to her great surprise, offered to let her help. Deity shuffled closer, wanting to feel out this new art for herself. She lowered her chest to the ground. Positioning the stone between her paws like a bone, she eyed the winking jewel. Deity thoughtfully quirked her mouth downward, realizing how clumsy her paws seemed compared to Dutch’s nimble dexterity. She took the second stone gingerly in her maw, feeling it grate against her milk-colored teeth. She clumsily raised and lowered her head, attempting to extract the jewel from the dark stone it was encased in. Miraculously, she didn’t damage the stone, but she didn’t really make any progress, either.
A little embarrassed, Deity nudged the rock back to Dutch. She looked up, realizing how close they were to each other. Though Dutch had shifted back some, Deity’s languid form, laying down now, had brought her only a couple tail-lengths from the she-wolf. The distance was not uncomfortable, nor was it intimate, but Deity hadn’t been so close to a stranger... ever, probably.
”You’re, uh, better at this than me,” Deity muttered. She had a bit of trouble admitting this sort of thing, but she needed words to fill the silence.
”Speech”

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
07-01-2019, 09:56 AM
Dutch was quiet during the whole thing.

Dei-Dei's attempts were noted, and her form wasn't bad. it'd just take a bit of practice if she had an interest in doing such work. but the dwarf would get it if not. she had the sense to hold the stone like a novice compared to Dutch's easily done tapping without holding it. "well, there's hope for you as a craftswoman" she'd remark with a wide grin, chuckling in good humor. it took time to get used to the vibrations in and out. especially in your mouth as you worked on tapping it. "but that's only half the battle."

there was finding out what gem it was, what to make with it to look good, finding ingredients to craft with... all very time-consuming work. for now, she'd take it back to the band and see if anyone had a use for it. "ja, I'm better at it" Dutch went on, trying to relieve the awkwardness the other was showing. she preferred Dei-Dei being confident "cause I've been doing it since I was a pup. craftin' takes practice and patience. and lots of years of experience." she didn't expect the other woman to get it right away. heck, she didn't even expect her to try.

"I think I can make a small necklace outta it though" she'd go on to say. if the gem was smooth she wouldn't have to mold it to be smooth. "Hjarrandi are mostly traders too, so I'd probably be sellin' it once its done."

Deity

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-01-2019, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2019, 04:12 PM by Deity.)

Deity, still feeling sheepish over her lack of prodigiousness, couldn’t help but pout a bit while Dutch began to speak. Surprisingly, the she-wolf didn’t say she did as terribly as Deity believed— in fact, she stated quite the opposite, lifting Deity’s spirits a bit. She absolutely believed Dutch’s claim that crafting took practice— it was far from easy, after all.
Deity perked her ears at the mention of the gemstone’s future, curiosity immediately piqued. Sell it? With the Hjarrandi? The way she phrased it made it sound as if the Hjarrandi were organized traders, something Deity had never really heard of until now. Sure, she’d been present while a couple rogues traded food or herbs, even done a bit of trading herself, but... merchant groups? Fascinating. ”With whom does your band trade? I haven’t ever heard of traders who work in groups. And what do you trade for?” Deity asked. Her words made her consider Dutch’s purpose— what was she after? Why specialize in trade and craftsmanship if you don’t have anything in particular that you want? Sure, the female seemed... aimless, like she was just wandering through life and sniffing the flowers, but was that really so? And the Hjarrandi, what were they after? There was no food shortage here in Eastern Borealis, certainly not at this time of the year. Decorum was pretty, but then again, why trade for it when you could make it yourself? Really, there were so many questions Deity could ask, but she didn’t want to overwhelm or irritate the source of her answers. She had patience, though. Things would come to light eventually.
”Speech”

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
07-01-2019, 04:29 PM
"we trade with anyone who will trade with us" Dutch replied to Dei-Dei. "and we will take anything. fermented fruits, furs, herbs... anything of value." she hoped that was a good explanation on the Hjarrandi, for she knew nothing else about the group she was supposed to be part of. a bird call would alert her to the time of day; nearly evening. she needed to get back to the band before they sent people looking for her. and the way those Vikings traveled, she'd be lucky to find them before dark.

yawning loudly and widely, she'd gather the gemstone with her paws before stuffing it in her mouth. "thanks for keepin' me company and all that, but I gotta bounce" she'd explain around the stone. extending her paw in a gesture of friendliness, she'd gently touch Dei-Dei's front limb before pulling away. with a last nod to the other, she'd turn and make her way to the treeline. allowing the folds of foliage to surround her, she'd vanish. it had been a fun conversation with another foreigner but all things had to come to an end eventually.

/ EXIT