Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-07-2019, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 07:57 PM by Lucretia.)
She had smelled the musk of it all over her. Pregnancy. The thought made her pulse and heartbeat quicken. New life was an incredible gift, a bounty beyond logic. Children made Luce believe in a higher power, even if death and disease shadowed her. Deathbelle being with child was the dawn of a new era for the Kleins - the furthering of their family line, the beginning of a generation that was to be born in a new land.

She had to make sure that she would be thoroughly prepared for the ensuing pregnancy and birth. The pack - her family - would depend on this concrete evidence of their future. It would stir a fire that had long since been dormant. Although Luce was naturally suspicious of the sperm donor, he seemed to be of... sound mind. His gift of a maiden to tend to the Empress was well-received. The simple girl would require much attention and tutelage if she was to be of any use to Deathbelle, and Lucretia supposed that the burden might fall on her. As it must. As was her duty.

Today was dedicated to building up her stores of herbs in preparation for the coming months. If she was to ensure a prosperous beginning for these unborn Kleins, she had to be prepared for any eventuality. The nearby ravine that the Empress had claimed was treacherous in a beguiling way; it suited the Kleins perfectly. Choosing her steps carefully, Luce descended the steep crag and set about searching for her quarry: valerian root, motherwort, and alfalfa. Deathbelle's slim figure might need encouragement to put on healthy weight for the little ones. Chuckling to herself, Luce struggled to imagine her waifish sibling round and waddling. It would certainly be a sight.

Once she gathered the required herbs, she would innovate. Simple work would not do. Empress Deathbelle required fine new tinctures and brews for the coming infants to thrive, and Luce would make sure that she was provided for.

word count: 334/1500

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

VolcanoDream Weaver1KValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
Promptober 2019
07-07-2019, 08:35 PM
Only a day or so had passed since the Empress had been able to tell for certain that she was carrying Archon’s seed. Her scent was shifting, her mood was erratic, and she was experiencing morning sickness that happened every time of day except for morning. The announcement hadn’t been made to Ashen at large quite yet, but anyone who knew the signs would be able to tell or make an educated guess. She could see the slimmest of bumps on her belly, barely there but noticeable on her thin frame. Excitement began to race through her, but it also caused a wave of nausea.

She was spending the day at the bottom of the ravine. The sound of the flowing water soothed her, and swiftly carried away any unwanted remnants of tossed cookies. She would likely den down here, the need to nest already showing itself fiercely within the royal she wolf. Her thoughts of permanent residence were interrupted by the sound of her sister’s paws. Mismatched ears perked as magenta gaze watched her scale the side of the ravine expertly. A smile played on her features as she called out, ”Luce.” Her voice was warm as she fully expected her sibling to attend to her presence.

wc:210

Deathbelle wears a rosebud tiara that is not shown in her art.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-08-2019, 08:31 AM
As she set her paws on flat ground in the bottom of the ravine, the Empress herself called to her. Luce lifted her head and cast Deathbelle a conspiratorial smile. It was all about her now, the glow of pregnancy. What a wondrous thing. "Empress," Luce replied, dipping her head. "You're looking splendid these days," the younger Klein added. She resisted the urge to fawn further over her sister, otherwise she'd never get any work done today.

"Why don't you keep resting while I gather?" Lucretia said, setting about looking for the primary herb she was after today: motherwort. It would serve the most useful in the coming weeks and months. The others on her list were merely secondary boons. Ideas had rolled around in her head for the past few months, but Luce knew Deathbelle would like an active hand in her own treatment. Perhaps a honeyed tonic, also filled with fresh fruits? Nutritious and soothing in multiple ways. They had studied together once, but that seemed like a lifetime ago.

No matter. A new lifetime was about to begin, and perhaps in a few years' time, this day would also be a distant memory. Shaking off the past and looking eagerly to the future, Luce began to track the faint scent of the herbs. She had never had a reason to find this particular plant before; she figured it might take a bit longer than something she was familiar with. "This place would make a wonderful spot for a den..." Luce said over her shoulder. It was secluded and easily protected from siege. A fine, safe place to raise a family. "Where are you thinking of settling?" She wouldn't ask her the obvious just yet.

word count: 287
cumulative wc: 831/1500

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-08-2019, 09:14 PM
Lucretia knew exactly how to talk to her and if she’d have been able to Belle would have purred under her sister’s adoring gaze. ”Just these days, Luce?” She teased as she feigned hurt at the comment, despite loving her for it. ”I’m not desert flower,” she chided. Belle was finally catching on and gave her sister the side eye. She knew her little secret. Not very surprising really. Luce was an experienced healer and midwife. Luce continued on looking anyway. ”What are you foraging for?” She piped up, having not moved from her throne.

Her sister continued to look around as she asked her question about a den. She really wasn’t about to come out and talk about the elephant in the room. ”It would be, and it is. I’m beginning to prepare my den over here.” She pointed her nose to the overgrown wall by the stream. ”Just needs a bit of work, I think it might be perfect for future Klein puppies.” She spoke with a smile, barely able to hold in her glee.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-09-2019, 10:19 AM
The younger Klein rolled her eyes. Belle knew that she always looked spectacular, and Luce wouldn't play into her fancies completely. Someone had to bring her down to earth. "Oh, you know, just building up my stores for the coming winter. Have to grab plenty of things before they all wilt," Luce said nonchalantly. Playing dumb didn't suit her, but she enjoyed this little game they were playing.

The spot Belle indicated was well protected from the elements and any other ne'erdowells who might manage to stumble their way down into the ravine. An excellent choice. Deathbelle had always been smart, and Luce was glad to see that the whole Empress thing hadn't clouded her judgement. Bolstered her ego, maybe, not that it needed it, but she was still the clever older sister that Luce admired. Lucretia laughed gleefully as Belle finally let the other shoe drop. She gave up her search for the moment and raced to Belle's side, pressing her cheek to her sister's. "It will be wonderful," Luce whispered. "Now, while you can still walk without waddling, help me look for some motherwort, valerian root, and alfalfa. I'm going to prepare some honey tonics just for you. I already have the honey and a selection of fruits set aside, I just need the herbs."

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-09-2019, 03:16 PM
Luce rolled her eyes at her amused comments as she continued to hide her true purpose as she spoke of the coming winter. Belle offered what she could about the den and suddenly her sister as at her side once more. Belle pressed into the sudden affection as Luce was finally allowed to celebrate the news. Brand new Kleins to introduce to the world. The next generation of Princes and Princesses.

”I will not waddle!” She protested indignantly as she took to her feet, reminding herself of the plants her sister searched for. Honey tonics for her pregnancy. ”Oh, what a wonderful idea!” She hadn’t even thought about doing that, but Luce had been right when she joined. She needed her. The Empress lowered her voice a bit as she found her sister’s gaze. ”I haven’t told anyone else yet.” She warned.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-09-2019, 03:49 PM
"Please, sister, I can keep a secret. It should only be a woman's joy for now until you're further along. I've chosen a den site near one of the outer pools of the lake - I'd like you stop by as frequently as you can over the next few weeks, or send along your little pet to fetch me," Luce instructed, trying to keep her tone level. Although she was absolutely sick with excitement, there were many trials that a first time mother faced in her pregnancy. It was a tragedy that so often it was an experience one had alone.

Dreamily, Luce imagined herself with child as well, the pair of them raising a brood side-by-side... no matter. She shook the thoughts from her head. There were enough duties for a healer - and auntie - to keep her busy from now until the birth. "But, yes, I have the honey stashed around here somewhere..." Lucretia murmured, sniffing the area before she recalled where she'd hidden it. Ah, yes!

Nearby was a lone, scrappy sapling that clung to the side of the ravine. At its base was a small hollow that Luce had lined with pebbles. Inside lay a few large, flat pieces of honeycomb. With her honey located, she set off along the flat ground at the base of the ravine, searching for the herbs. With some luck, she found some alfalfa lining the steep grade of the ravine. Luce set about pulling it out by the root. With winter so close, she didn't want to risk any chances of the plant withering before it was needed. She would dry it out in her den. "This will help your appetite - no need to think about your figure any longer, at least for a time," Luce said cheekily, bringing the plant near where she had stored the honey. "I was thinking for the valerian root, a heavy paste to rub along your gums. It should act as a fast-acting sleep aid, as well as ease all the headaches I'm sure you'll develop as Empress of a new empire."

+ Collected alfalfa
+ Discussed (1) healing item - valerian root paste for headaches/insomnia

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-09-2019, 05:18 PM
Deathbelle had every intention of keeping herself as fit as possible during the pregnancy, the extra weight she’d have to carry around wouldn’t be as big of a deal if she remained active now. ”As you wish, little sister.” She promised with a grin playing on her features. Stopping at Luce’s den on and off patrols wouldn’t be any issue. She was glad she offered to be accompanied by Zee as well. Belle continued to look around the ravine for her chosen plants as Lucretia found her hidden honey stash.

”You’re just excited to see me fat.” She pouted as her sister spoke of increasing her appetite. Alfalfa would do the trick. She looked at her barely there bump and really started to worry about how big she was going to get. ”You’ll have to make me a big supply of Valerian paste for inside the den.” She chuckled knowing she would want it within close reach. ”Headaches indeed.” They hadn’t even started yet. Big plans were in store for the fledgling pack, her coming pups only the beginning. Sleep would be made easier with the mixture, but she preferred to find someone warm to rock her to sleep. ”What do you think of arranging marriages, Luce?” She asked curiously, unsure how her sister would react to the concept.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-09-2019, 08:36 PM
Luce had been expecting Belle to agree, but the verbal promise still settled some of the last vestiges of her worries. With careful monitoring and attention, Luce would ensure a healthy mother and prosperous litter. Only the best for the next little Kleins.

She chucked at Deathbelle's comment. "Is it so wrong to wish for a single week - nay, a single day of being the most beautiful Klein? Well, second to Rosemary and you, just moments away from labor," Luce joked. The younger Klein had fine features and carried herself well, but there were certain other members of the family that just had an elusive quality of character that elevated their beauty to near ethereal levels. Luce would never be that beautiful. It was something she had come to begrudgingly accept.

"Noted," Luce replied in regards to Deathbelle's request for a large order of the valerian paste. In addition to the paste, she still had to prepare the honey tonic of motherwort (with some secret ingredients... additional salt and fermented fruit would add some other benefits that just meat would not provide). And how could she make the alfalfa more palatable? It was a rough plant to just consume. Perhaps she could thread it through some deer intestine to make a sort of casing. The blood and viscera might help it go down easier.

"Arranged marriages...?" Luce murmured, her brows furrowed. It could certainly help to forge stronger alliances outside of the pack. Increasing the genetic diversity within the Klein line and within the pack would improve their overall immunity, as long as the chosen mates were fine specimens. "Splendid, as long as I get to look over some of your matches. Improving the genetic diversity of our line and of the pack could mean only good things," she decided. "Besides, it might give some of us ugly ducklings a chance at progeny."

+ Discussed (2) healing items - alfalfa stuffed intestines for increasing appetite, honey tonics with salt and fermented fruit

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-09-2019, 09:55 PM
Belle smiled as she and Luce joked back and forth with each other, her younger sister had always been beautiful and was only just growing into her full potential. Belle smiled and shook her head as she dismissed the comment and their conversation continued. Her sister was a bit distracted by her plans of healing items that would be used through Belle’s pregnancy. She seemed much more focused as she mentioned her idea.

Luce only had to think a moment and she eagerly decided the idea was a good one. Belle perked her mismatched ears at the reaction. ”Of course,” The healer could look over all of them if she wished it. ”You’re a Klein, Luce. I don’t think you know what ugly is.” Lucretia was beautiful, however she wouldn’t deny her a chance to serve the family in ways beyond her craft.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-10-2019, 08:37 AM
It was true - the Kleins were all beautiful in their own way, but if you walked among the greats, what did you have to truly set yourself apart? Luce had always prized her knowledge over her looks, and so Belle's comment fell on deaf ears. "As long as the matches are made between healthy pairs, then I see no reason to object. We are all your humble servants, and if you wish to play madame, I would be glad to oblige you," Luce said airily, with an exaggerated bow. She was only half kidding.

"Do any matches come to mind, or this just a fancy for now?" Luce probed. She would like to get a head start on the examinations if that were the case, but it was just as likely to be a passing idea would see its germination as the pack grew in strength. There so much still to do without worrying about more litters - and Deathbelle's children deserved to be doted on without worry for competition for a time. Idly, Luce imagined the sort of male that Deathbelle might choose for her. Taking the guesswork out of it all might work in her favor; Belle knew her well, and Luce had always fallen short in matters of the heart.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-10-2019, 08:44 PM
Luce ceased to argue with her about her beauty and offered up that she wished them all to be healthy. Deathbelle nodded, having the responsibility of choosing the father of her sister’s offspring was exhilarating. Of course, she would do her best for her sister. ”No, I have no one in mind yet. I’d not enjoy forcing anyone into it either.” The thought of making say.. Aeona marry a bachelor of her choice was amusing at best, disastrous at worst. ”I’m not sure I want Ashen to explode in growth right away either. A slow build up.” She purred the second statement that fell from her royal lips.

She shook her coat suddenly as she looked back towards her sister. ”However, I will accept only the best for my little sister.” She offered amusedly before looking again at her sister’s stores. ”Have you gotten everything you need?” She was so ready for her honey tonics.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-10-2019, 09:01 PM
No one in mind yet. Luce breathed a sigh of relief that she hadn't known she was holding in. She was still getting her bearings in this new land, and Deathbelle was right - there was no point in the pack exploding with numbers before they had sure footing and a proper place in the greater landscape of packs across the lands. Speaking of... "Since it's likely you'll be remaining close to these lands as your pregnancy progresses, will you be sending anyone out to scout and greet the other packs?" Lucretia asked, tilting her head to the side. "I can smell one particular band that lies between our territories. How unfortunate we couldn't stake a claim to all three..." She trailed off, leaving Belle to fill in her implied how unfortunate we couldn't take it by force.

"But yes, I have everything. Let me prepare the valerian root paste for now, the honey tonics will need to steep for about two to three days, but I promise they'll be worth the wait," Luce assured her, heading back to the stash beneath the tree. She approached the hollow and crushed the motherwort into the honeycomb, then turned back to begin crushing up the valerian root with a bit of honey.

Discretely, Luce added a few tender young shoots of alfalfa to the mixture. It was better for Belle to start eating more now to ensure plenty of hale pups. "Try this for now, just a little sample. Let me know how it works - you may want to take a nap after, but additional sleep is good for you now. Lets your body grow and change." Lucretia would have to head to Belle's den to make the larger supply and create a place to store it, but that could wait until after the Empress had completed her palace to her liking.b

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Belle became with child early on in the life of her Empire, even before she had called the Klein family to her side. The thought of reaching out to other packs had been barely a blip on her radar up until this point. The question was if she sent out her Hand or waited for the masses to come to her? The older Klein liked where her sister’s head was, claiming a third territory by force would be a goal in the future. For now they needed to build their army and their wealth.

”I may wait out the other packs and have them come to me. I haven’t spoken to Hannibal yet, but he may desire to reach out himself.” He was her Right Hand, however she was unsure of allowing him to go once the puppies were closer to arriving. She offered another pout as her sister mentioned she needed to wait a couple of days for her tonics. Well, the pregnancy wouldn’t be short. Waiting made the event all the sweeter. ”Alright, I suppose I can wait.” She mused teasingly as Luce finished her work.

Belle looked at the mixture offered to her, this would also be a sweet treat. With all the sugar she would be ingesting she really would be a balloon at the end of her pregnancy. She hadn’t caught the alfalfa being added, though she might have chastised her sister if she had. ”Yes I already sense a nap,” she said as she licked delicately at the given concoction. ”Alright Luce, you may leave me now.” She told her, rather than commanded. Luce had done well to put the Empress at ease for now. ”You may return at dusk for my assessment.” She added with a smile.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-13-2019, 04:26 PM

Luce could tell that Belle took her opinions to heart, and that was enough. Her sister's shrewd idea to wait on the other packs seemed to be the best path for now, but Lucretia was glad that Hannibal had reappeared to rule as the Empress' right hand. They could use all the help they could get. "I am so exquisitely happy, for you and for us," she murmured, stepping forward again to close the distance between them and press her cheek to her sister's. "I will return this evening, and in a few days' time the honey will have had a chance to combine more thoroughly with the herbs." Without further words, Lucretia left her sister by the den and headed back towards her own with the herbs she'd collected in tow.

Come sunset in two days' time, Luce arrived for Belle's regularly scheduled assessment. So early on in the pregnancy, these evening meetings were mostly girlish chatter about potential names for the unborn Kleins and gossiping about their siblings. It was quiet time that Lucretia had come to cherish. Tonight, she came bearing gifts. After tending to the honey tonics reverently over the past few days, she had filled a few dried gourds with the fruits of her labor. She had added pre-fermented peaches and autumn apples that she had already had on hand, and the smell alone was intoxicating. "Hello, bearer of princelings and princessettes!" She called into Deathbelle's den. Luce sat proudly before her offering, hoping that Belle would find it as delicious as it was healthy.

"lucretia mutters..."

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-13-2019, 09:42 PM
Lucretia left Belle in high spirits. She slept well, and very early on treasured her sister’s tonics. Two days later and Luce returned with what she really looked forward to. Of course she could only use them sparingly, and such a big supply would last her through the pregnancy. Deathbelle emerged from the curtained hole in the wall at Luce’s sweet words. They sent a thrill of excitement down her spine. Yes, little princes and princesses. She already wondered how many might be there. With how much she felt like she’d grown there were more than a couple.

”Hello, Luce.” She said warmly, but wasn’t able to muster up the energy her younger sister possessed. She was feeling a bit more lousy today. She was starting to really feel the growing and changing her sister spoke of those days before. ”I see you’ve brought me gifts.” She went on, already smelling whiffs of fruit and honey.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-14-2019, 08:06 PM
"Hello, sweet sister," Lucretia crooned, proudly gesturing to her gifts. "Always for you." There was something uniquely conspiratorial and sisterly about sharing this strange journey to motherhood with Deathbelle. The pregnancy had now been formerly announced to the pack, but Lucretia still felt as if they were in on something together. "This should last you quite a while, but I do have a few different varieties I'm still experimenting with if one of these doesn't appeal to you," she offered. It had been an interesting foray into crafting and fermenting; her den, though, might risk attracting some unsavory wildlife from its sickeningly sweet aroma. No matter. Perhaps she'd be able to smoke it out before winter.

Luce nosed the first gourd. "This one is primarily valerian with a touch of motherwort to soothe any cramps and should be taken at night to ease you into a pleasant sleep." The gourd was bright green and easily discernible from the other two. "This one is alfalfa and a touch of cannabis, to stimulate appetite. It's also filled with bits of apple and berries." The second gourd was green-yellow. "And this... will continue to brew over the months and grow stronger. It is solidly motherwort with elderberry and gingseng. It's properties will only strengthen, and it should be consumed when you have begun your labor." Lucretia sighed, happy with her offerings. "But of course, I'll be with you every step of the way."

She had assisted on a few births before the fall of the empire, but the last litters she had assisted with still haunted her. Stillborn puppies from lack of adequate nutrition during the pregnancy. Famine had effected even the unborn. Mothers that lay dying, still hemorrhaging as they nursed. Not here. Never again. Deathbelle would have an easy, painless labor, and Lucretia would bear witness to the birth of healthy Kleins.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-14-2019, 09:06 PM
Luce’s greeting was soft as sweet as she came to display the gourds before her Empress. Belle smiled eagerly, her bright eyes unable to leave the shaman’s thin form. One after the other Lucretia named the concoctions with a quick nudge. Belle smiled and nodded softly, taking in the information and committing it to memory, not that Luce wouldn’t be here to assist her. Belle couldn’t help but to imagine these children as the Klein family’s new hope. Their arrival would mark the renewal of the Klein Empire for real. New heirs, new lives to forget the tragedy they had come from. ”You had better be here, I can’t birth them on my own.” And for the first time her nervousness about the result of the pregnancy would be detectable in her voice. So much seemed to be riding on this litter. She had to bring them forth perfectly.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-20-2019, 07:47 PM
Lucretia, so used to seeing Deathbelle as an imposing, lovely pillar of strength, was only a little surprised to hear her finally voice a shred of worry. It was natural for any new mother to have fear, she supposed, but it was her job as shaman to dispel all of the Empress' doubts. Tsking quietly, Luce approached her sister. How could she frame this? Emotions had never been her strong suit, and even while she was positive that she could ensure the health of this litter, visions of stillborn puppies and broken, bleeding mothers still haunted her own nightmares.

The ravaged Klein empire had brought forth some truly horrendous births - but she was stronger for having witnessed them. Wiser. There was no safer place to give birth than Ashen, with herself as shaman. Lucretia was positive. The younger Klein circled the Empress a few times, brushing her cheek against Deathbelle as she did so before settling in an intimate embrace at her side. Luce curled her tail around her sister and pressed her shoulder against Belle's.

"You have created a glorious machine here in these strange new lands. You have the strength of all the Kleins behind you, and if your litter's father is to be believed, the strength of God as well. There is not a single doubt in my mind or a niggling worry in my entire body. I will be by your side until the blessed first moments of privacy you will receive when you nurse your healthy litter after a labor that will be as fleeting and painless as possible." It was a solemn promise, one that Luce felt deep in her bones.

Deathbelle

Loner

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Healer (224)

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Vail

Promptober 2019
07-21-2019, 09:19 AM
The Empress knew that she was in the best of paws with Luce being the one to see to her pregnancy. No other wolf she knew had as much experience with bringing forth new life, her sister hadn’t produced her own litter yet, but she had been there for many horrid Klein births that Belle had not witnessed. As expected, Lucretia tsked her softly and made her way closer to her sister’s side. The Shaman curled herself around the pregnant Empress and Belle leaned into the affection appreciatively.

Luce praised her and the accomplishments that she boasted, Ashen was a thriving pack thanks to Deathbelle and her efforts. Of course it would be nothing if her family hadn’t stepped up to support her, like Lucretia was doing now in the caring of her pregnancy. The Klein Empress sighed softly into Luce’s smaller form as she promised a perfect labor, and fine healthy pups.

”I will try not to worry,” she said softly, even though the encouraging words there was still nervousness that wouldn’t be quelled. She was facing the unknown, and you feared what you did not know. ”I know I am in good paws, and my children will be the strongest wolves these lands have ever seen.” That was why she chose Archon, he was strong, intelligent, and a superior example of supreme genetics. ”Thank you, Luce.” She smiled into her sister’s pale fur and nuzzled her lovingly. None of this would have been possible without the support she had from her kin.