gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Treat 2019
07-14-2019, 01:44 PM
A soft sigh of relief followed rapidly by a tired yawn. Narrowed amber eyes would be revealed as tail lifted and the wolf was left to stare at the too bright atmosphere of the setting sun’s rays shining through the massive trees that he found himself surrounded by. Groaning, he would slowly stand, stretching his stiff limbs and the muscles along his spine. His makeshift shelter would be discarded as he took a step from the hollowed out tree base, the sun was still bright, but the trees offered some shelter from the brightness…not much…but enough that he could emerge from his nest and shadows and warm up….before the temperature dropped and night fell.

The two year old did not widen his eyes, for his did not adjust to the brightness of the sun. He was a cave dweller, he wasn’t meant to be above ground and thus, being in even this amount of light was enough to have his head pounding. Where did you get off to Dutch? He would silently grumble. He’d been tasked with dragging her back, perhaps the only wolf in their tight knit community that could drag her back home. It was still a shitty job and not one that the cave wolf enjoyed. He’d never so much as been above ground (aside for the odd rebellious adventures as a pup) and they had chosen him. He’d thought it had been great…at first…until the sun came up and it was made abundantly clear that he would not be able to search for her during the day like anyone else would. No, he was forced to search for a wolf that was nearly as dark as he was…in the dark…in a strange place.

Huffing he would look around with his narrowed eyes, which way should he go today? Further east? Perhaps north? Where would Dutch want to be?

NOTE: Thoren is extremely sensitive to light and can see slightly better at night than the average wolf.

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
07-15-2019, 09:38 AM

lucky for her younger brother, Dutch was in the area.

it was getting a bit hard to move around considering her condition, but she had finally accepted she was indeed pregnant. she hadn't blown up, it was the beginning stages, so she wasn't that limited. it was more of the fact she was aware of it that made her uneasy. she had to watch for every little thing, having no experience being pregnant or not knowing who to talk to about it. as far as she was aware, the Hjarrandi had no expecting mothers or experienced mothers. if her own mother was here, Dutch would feel much better. that woman popped out so many kids.

it was in her culture to celebrate pregnancy. they lost so many wolves to cave-ins that numbers were encouraged. but she wasn't back home. this was Boreas. she didn't know who to talk to. maybe they'd berate her, considering she only knew the father in passing. whatever. like she cared if they were going to look down on her. there was no shame in her actions. she was an adult and she could make her own decisions. when the smell of Thoren hit the air, Dutch swirled around and stared in shock. why was he here? realization dawned on her. he wouldn't. he wasn't going to.

she wasn't going back. not now. Dutch walked in the direction her brother was, seeing his familiar coat easily. "Thoren" she said in a huff "ya look like a mole outta the dirt! what're you doing here?"

"SPEECH"

dutch speaks with a thick scandinavian accent.

Thoren

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Treat 2019
07-15-2019, 09:06 PM
The wind was against him, it blew his scent to his sister but kept her scent hidden from him. Thus, it was up to sound to bring his attention to her presence before she spoke. Unfortunately, she was a stealthy wolf; there was little that gave her away upon her approach. When she spoke he would jump and turn towards her, not an ounce of aggression in his expression as narrowed eyes looked upon his dark coated sister. She’d startled him, but he wasn’t one to get upset over that- afterall he wasn’t able to use all of his senses. Her next set of words would have him snort softly before his narrowed gaze would focus on her with a ‘you know why’ look. She’d been here long enough to teach someone else her trade; it was time to go home.

Nostrils flared, pulling in the scents on her coat, but it was not the scent of the Hjarrandi that made his eyes momentarily widen before he winced from the pain. The younger wolf would look at his sister quizzically. “Are you..pregnant Dutch?” He asked, head tilting with a slight smirk pulling at his lips. Perhaps answering a question with a question wasn’t the best way to go but…he had to know. Pups were celebrated back home, they were important but he’d never thought that Dutch would settle enough…or mature enough…to have a litter of her own.

"this is speech."

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
07-15-2019, 09:14 PM

she wanted to draw close and rub her muzzle against his neck, greet him like an old friend but much time had passed. a whole season since she left. Ma and Pa were probably still angry she had chosen to leave their underground realm, going off with strange surfacers to an unknown land. Dutch took his presence here as a sign they were. she huffed at his expression, a singular ear flickering backward at his question. "that's a strange way to greet your older sister" she told him briskly. "but I guess it'll be apparent soon enough. yeah, I am."

she didn't look at all sorry for her actions either. walking foward, Dutch stopped a few paces away from Thoren. the dwarven woman looked him up and down before reaching out to brush her muzzle against his cheek. "I'm not going back, y'know" she told him in her stubbornness. "at least, not right now. these kids have the right to know their father, and even if he rejects them... well, I guess I'll go back then." she sighed, realizing that Hannibal had no idea these pups even existed. she breathlessly laughed, shaking her head. what an utter mess she found herself in.

if nobody wanted these pups here, Dutch would admit defeat and leave. she'd finish her orders and go back with Thoren, have her pups in the safety and certainty of her homeland. she gave her brother a 'don't you start on me' look that she had perfected from their mother.

"SPEECH"

Thoren

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Treat 2019
07-15-2019, 09:28 PM

Her huff should have offended him, it would have offended others but he was used to far more abrupt ways of letting one know how they felt. Sounds were the staple in their home, sight being limited in the darkness of the tunnels it was vocals and touch that let them know how another was feeling. Her brisk reaction made him smile faintly, when she affirmed his suspicions he would grin. “That’s great news!” His excitement was typical of their homeland, as she stepped forward he would as well with a quick step. She’d look him up and down and his amber gaze would do the same to her, ensuring that she was fairing well besides the pregnancy. Her familial affection was returned by brushing his nose against her brow, but such excitement was faltered as she stubbornly told him she would not return.

Thoren would tense slightly, frowning as he took a step back, haunches falling to the ground as he reclined into a sitting position. He listened as she spoke her mind, explaining that the father had a right…which he did but his head would tilt at the idea of the wolf rejecting them. “He doesn’t know?” Thor would ask, head still cocked to the side. “You’re making my job much harder…” He groaned. Shaking his head slightly, he would rid himself of thoughts of home. He’d help his sister however he could…then he would drag her back. “Is he in the Hjarrandi?” He asked, trying to find out more about his sisters…mate? Fling? Assailant? Fuck, he didn’t even know what the relationship was. Ears would fall back in uncertainty before coming forward to listen again.

"this is speech."

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
07-15-2019, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2019, 09:40 PM by Dutch.)

"gods above, ancestors below" Dutch rolled her eyes at Thoren, speaking the usual saying of their dwarven folk. it was great that he approved of her wanting to keep the pups, but she was... exhausted. she knew she'd have to explain a hell of a lot more though. might as well practice with her baby brother. "Thor, I'm an adult. he was a casual fuck. I can have kids without having a mate, eh?" she nudged him roughly, wishing he'd just drop it. but she knew he wouldn't unless she explained herself.

she sighed, continuing. "I have his name, don't worry. but you aren't gonna force him to accept these kids, a'ight?" she gave her brother a hard stare. Dutch was quite prepared to raise these pups alone, with or without help. she felt it was just best to tell the father and make him aware of their presence. who knows? these surfacer wolves might surprise her. "nah, he's just some random guy I came across. gods, Thor, you're such a prude!" she barked laughter. was he really that surprised? his precious older sister wasn't as conservative as he thought.

in fact, even back home she'd laid so casually with the other wolves. she thought this was common knowledge.

"SPEECH"

Thoren

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Treat 2019
07-16-2019, 09:38 PM

His brow rose, ears folding back as she used words from their dwarven folk. Uncertainty flickered through his mind before he shrugged it off. Ears pricked as she spoke again and this time he would grimace and shake his head. “Ugh, Dutch! Things I do not want to know about my sister!” The younger wolf’s face squished up with disgust. Her nudge would make him laugh softly, still trying to clear that image from his mind. A heavy sigh and then she was speaking again, he listened and though he didn’t like it he would nod. “Fine.” He would relent without struggle, he loved his sister, but if she had it under control then he would let things play out…until she didn’t have them under control. Then he would help…whether she wanted it or not.

Calling him a prude would make him gasp. “Please. You aren’t the only one that gets around. I just…didn’t think you would settle enough to have a litter.” He shrugged, the conversation was now making him uncomfortable and he was more than willing to drop it. A frustrated sigh would heave from his chest. “Well, you have made my job all the more difficult. Obviously I can’t drag my pregnant sister back home. Guess we are both stuck here…for now.” He should have been giving her a hard stare; instead, a displeased and somewhat disappointed look would flicker in his eyes as he looked away from her. He’d hoped this would be quicker.

"this is speech."

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
07-17-2019, 01:18 PM
she snickered at his disgust. "then don't say stupid things" Dutch winked playfully at her brother. else he was going to near the nitty gritty details of her pups' conception, and she wanted to see Thoren gag. it took her back to their puphood, where she was always flinging something gross at him that she found and he'd be so mad. it was entertaining and if he was going to react she'd tease him more. "I wish Ma was here. I don't know any pregnant wolves." she sighed, revealing a brief moment of weakness. she was scared shitless of course. she would be doing thing potentially alone.

Thoren voiced his opinion though. she shook her head, chuckling. "I'm not settling. I've just never been pregnant before. I'll let the father know and what happens, happens" Dutch was sure Valkyrie wouldn't turn her away but you never knew. surely a litter for the band was acceptable, even if these Vikings believed pups born out of wedlock were bastards. she grumbled slightly, wishing for her unborn kids to have a better chance. looking back into her brother's eyes, she nudged him again. "at least we're stuck together." she wanted him to know his potential nieces and nephews.

she wanted at least one of her family members with her during this time. it would make her stronger, and it'd be good for the pups to know Thoren.

"SPEECH"

Thoren

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Treat 2019
07-20-2019, 01:11 PM

Thoren would stick his tongue out at his sister as she playfully teased him. However, that playfulness was swiftly replaced with wishfulness as she mentioned wishing their mother were there. The opportunity to press for her to leave was there, but Thoren let it go…for now. Instead he would nudge her softly, a comforting touch, even though he knew nothing about pregnancies and really birth he could at least comfort her and be there. “We can find someone, if you want?” He would ask, perhaps he could learn from someone about birthing and pregnancies…not exactly the position he wanted to have with his sister…but if he needed to he would. Regardless, she would not be alone.

Thoren nodded quietly when she spoke of not settling and her plan to just let things play out. “If he tries to take them?” He asked, brow rising curiously. They’d seen it before in their own community where one night stands ended in a nasty dispute over who would raise the pups. He didn’t know what it was like up here on the surface instead he had to rely on what he knew. Her soft grumble would bring him back to present and he would sigh at her words. “Yeah, together.” He agreed. He loved his sister and as much as he would like to go home he couldn’t return without her.

"this is speech."

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
07-20-2019, 06:40 PM
“probably a good idea, that” Dutch chuckled softly. The thought of birthing alone was… terribly scary. Even for her. She knew she’d have Thoren there but… what about a healer? Would she be forced to bear these pups for the Hjarrandi or would she give up her freedom to join a pack, to make sure they were safe? She could always leave when they were yearlings. Then the pups could decide if they wanted to stay or go. But… She didn’t have to stay in a pack she didn’t want to be in. she could use them for their medical skills and safety, but ultimately, she’d go back to be a free woman. That was the plan. That was her only plan so far.

Thoren, though, lifted a fear that she didn’t like. The dwarf growled, wrapping her tail closer to her growing belly. “Then he’ll have to kill me, cause I’m not giving them up” she snapped. The thought of any person – even the father of the litter – taking them away from her… Dutch wasn’t a motherly type, but it was in her blood to produce many children. Be without a stable partner or with one, she knew her instincts would kick in. and she’d meet them with such force like she showed passion in everything else. “nobody is taking these kids away from me. I’ll be there for them like our Ma was for us.” She knew she wouldn’t be the perfect mother, but her devotion was apparent.

Dutch fully intended to bare the children, but if there was talks of taking them away she’d soon kill them herself than let them grow up without a mother. Even a false mother – some bitch who played at it without her - was stretching the reality she envisioned. “sorry you had to come all this way for nothing" she added in, frowning “but there’s more to life outside our caves and tunnels, Thoren. Maybe you’ll find something too.” or someone.

"SPEECH"

Thoren

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Treat 2019
08-01-2019, 08:22 PM

Her soft chuckle would put him at ease…slightly, his relaxed muscles were fragile, ready to spring back to tense at a moments notice…a moment that wasn’t far along. As his smaller sister growled he moved forward, listening to her words as he wrapped her in a comforting embrace. We won’t let that happen, sis. No one will take you from them. Promise.” He rumbled, he’d been stupid to bring it up but by doing so he realized just how determined she was to have and keep the litter…ultimately how hard his job would be getting her home. Impossible. Dutch continued speaking about being a good mother like theirs was. He nodded, “of course.” He wasn’t trying to patronize her. He believed that she would be a splendid mother, but it only made it all the more difficult. Once more, Thoren felt his loyalty torn between family and…well…family. The mud colored wolf licked his lips, a nervous habit, his ears twitched and the brother winced as she mentioned finding something too. He’d already found someone and she was home, in the caves waiting on him to return.

A chuckle that didn’t quite ring as humorous would rumble in his chest, “tunnels and caves are all I know, but the trip wasn’t for nothing. I’m here and I’ll help you.”

"this is speech."

Dutch

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Heloise

Critical Fail!
08-02-2019, 08:05 AM
Thoren would pull her into an embrace with attempts to calm her down. it was just like old times, when they were pups and before adulthood got in the way. separating her from her siblings because of added responsibility. she felt her fur relax, her hormones getting the better of her briefly, but she reeled in her aggression after a bit. she'd raise a paw to pat him on the back twice before lowering it. “thanks, bro" she'd said, voice muffled by his larger form. he was here to ensure the pups were safe too.

she'd pull away from him as he went on, frowning. there were such wonders on the surface, but it was clear her brother just wanted to go home. Dutch wondered why her folks were so against her going to the surface; there were traders in their home that did. they lived there aboveground even, close to the entrance of Donyur. Thoren had no interest in staying in Boreas. she only wished he'd see the beauty in this land. "well, I should get back to the Hjarrandi. those Vikings can't do anything without me" she lied, they could do plenty. this was her brave face. "where will you stay? I'm going to tell the father soon, so afterward we can meet up."

"SPEECH"