Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
07-15-2019, 04:15 PM

Autumn had come to the lands with a force, and with the weather cooling down pretty drastically, he felt it was time to do something that would help the pack get to know each other. Enough time had passed that the majority of the pack should have gotten to know each other, and yet...he sensed a lack of socialization and noticed not many were tending to their assigned duties. It bothered him, and he was not willing to let it continue. A pack that did nothing was a pack that would not thrive, and he did not come this far to see it all crumble because he had allowed in a bunch of wolves who just wanted somewhere to lay their head without contributing. A few were an exception. The pups for example, and the old Ancora woman. Heloise he saw here and there doing her work, but there were more still that he scarcely saw. For this reason he sought out Heloise. The alabaster king made his way towards her den, wondering if he might catch her there, or somewhere nearby.

speech action

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-15-2019, 04:22 PM

"greetings, my king" came from within her den as the king approached. blue orbs hovered in the dark before her alabaster form stepped to the light. she had a few spare minutes to rest before patroling the border once more. as far as Heloise was concerned; if she could rest, she could work. and if she could work, there was no need to rest. stretching quickly as she exited her den, she wondered what Acere wanted with her. it was not often that she had visitors either, aside from Yurei now who was staying with her.

so it came back to what she could do for him. "I hope your day finding you well" she added politely, dipping her head to him. "what may I help you with?" he was a king, and a busy one. Acere must have other chores to do, something more of value than speaking to her about casual things. it made her believe her actions were not worthy of praise so far, and this was just a call to see how she was fairing. Heloise did not know the minds of others, and could not hope to assume what the king wanted.

"SPEECH"

art + code by Kara
[Image: sgvfyko2_o.gif]
heloise has a male gyrfalcon named kresnik with a fifty-inch wingspan
always assume he is in threads nearby and in battles with her
as her love acere praetor is allowed in any of her threads regardless of tag

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
07-15-2019, 05:00 PM
The alabaster woman greeted him almost as soon as he arrived, and he was nearly caught off guard by the fact she was actually home so to speak. It wasn't a bad thing though, he had seen her out and about patrolling and doing other tasks, so he assumed she was taking the opportunity to rest. She stepped out of the den and he stepped back to allow her room so he wasn't standing in the way. "It is, thank you. I hope I'm not disturbing you, but I've come to request something of you. If you have the time that is," No pressure. He understood if she was busy, but he wanted to know for sure. "It's been a season since we've been here, the pack should have had enough time to settle in. But...I feel like there's not enough interaction between everyone."

He could be wrong of course, but even so, perhaps this would boost morale and spirits enough to make them want to do more than the basics. "I was wondering if you would like to help plan a festival for the pack? I think it would be good for everyone, and to bring us together and get to know one another better. You won't be doing it alone of course. Should you accept, you'll be working alongside Avalon and myself, and whoever else wishes to help plan the festivities. What do you think?" He trusted the womans judgment well enough. It was the main reason he had come to her first before anyone else. Avalon he knew would no doubt want to help. She was old, and this would likely give her a chance to feel useful as well.

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-15-2019, 05:09 PM

Acere wasted no time in explaining what he desired. as much as Heloise saw the goodness in others, she could see that he made a good point. interactions were low and the people were not socializing with the others. most stayed in their family units and did not venture outside of them. she gave a thoughtful nod, closing her eyes before opening them to rest on his features.

"I have also noticed this. a festival would be a good chance for everyone to socialize in a safe environment" though she did have an idea already "perhaps we can open it up to other packs we are in alliances with? a show of strength and unity to them might preserve further bonds?" Heloise knew some members felt uneasy with Winterfell's claim, and that may extend to the other packs as well.

she desired her new home to be as prosperious as possible, and if Acere trusted her with this... she would do her best. "I slew a cougar recently" her eyes drifted to the pelt currently lining her den "and fashioned a necklace out of a fang, yet I have more objects from it to part with. I would like to craft more for the people of Winterfell. perhaps make them prizes in a pack game?"

"SPEECH"

art + code by Kara

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
07-16-2019, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 09:41 AM by Acere.)
To both his relief and dismay, she had also noticed the lack of interaction within the pack. And she agreed that a festival might help with that. He hoped so too. Otherwise he wasn't sure what he'd do. He didn't want to kick out those who sought a home here, but he also didn't want them to just stay for the sake of having a place to live without contribution. Other packs he had been in were always full of interaction, it was rare that he could go anywhere without ending up in a conversation with someone...but here? In his own pack? Quiet.

She didn't stop there, however. "perhaps we can open it up to other packs we are in alliances with? a show of strength and unity to them might preserve further bonds?" A thoughtful look crossed his features as he thought about it. The only pack they were likely allied with at the moment was Abaven...though they had a large number of members and he was familiar with most of them that it wasn't a bad idea at all. Perhaps they could even open it to some of the other packs he knew about, and start bonds with them to potentially secure new alliances as well. His focus, however, wouldn't just be for alliances. He wanted to get to know the other alphas and their members as well. Individuality of each member in a pack was just as important. And maybe a casual setting might help with that.

"I think that's a great idea, Heloise. Perhaps we'll hold the festival on neutral grounds if we do that. I don't particularly want to give anyone with hidden motives access to our lands, it would be too easy for them to scout the layout. I'd hate for us to get raided or sieged before we're prepared." While yes, he did want to make alliances and wished everyone had a good heart, there were always a few bad eggs and he wanted to take every precaution for the safety of his pack and his members.

"I slew a cougar recently," His ears perked with interest and surprise, crimson gaze following her own gaze to the fur that lined her den. He smiled and chuckled, "Well done, that's no easy feat. " Truly he was proud of her. It looked like she would make an excellent knight if not something better sooner than he anticipated. Not that he doubted her skills, but the killing of the cougar did well to show him that she was a capable fighter. She went on to say she had crafted a necklace from it and still had things to part with, even willing to craft things for the pack and offer them up as prizes. Well, she was full of ideas wasn't she? "You never cease to surprise me, you know. It's a wonderful idea, and if that's something you wish to do then yes, I don't see why not. Perhaps we can also see about making a grand prize or something as well." Maybe some armor similar to his own or something along those lines. There was still plenty of planning to do after all, he'd have plenty of time to think about it.

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
07-16-2019, 10:12 AM

she would nod, having no desire to allow potential enemies within Winterfell's land. especially at the ship, where most held their dens. she was reminded of the forest she had met Fracture in, and would pose the question to Acere. "the Red Forest is not far from Winterfell" she mused in her quiet tone "so children could attend with their parents. it also provides some cover from the cold air for our thin furred neighbors." Heloise added in with a small smile. a woodland was a magical place, and they could craft decorations to make it more inviting.

"Fracture assisted me" she was humble as he congratulated her on the kill. she hadn't done it alone and hadn't wanted the king to think that. she knew Fracture wished to make a bigger impact in the pack, and Heloise was all too happy to provide him with a proper resume. he had been her first ally, after all. there was no reason to keep the cougar's slaying a secret. "does Winterfell have crafters? we could hunt a large beast and make something out of it for the grand prize." perhaps a bear or an elk... a fine helmet out of antlers would be something to behold.

it would also provide Winterfell with some common ground, if a pack hunt was held.

"SPEECH"

art + code by Kara