Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
07-03-2014, 07:43 PM

The yearling, with her fur pristine and her manners firmly grasped, took a seat and began to gather her resolve. If she was going to be part of this pack then she needed to do more. Exploring or carrying shiny trinkets around, while amusing, wasn't exactly useful. Wasn't that important to a pack or whatever? Usefulness? Sure, she could take care of her self, but what was the point of being in a pack if her abilities weren't offered for the use of others? The whole "sharing" thing is what made a pack, right? Pack duties aside, Warja's motives weren't so noble. They were selfish. She wanted to learn how to do more than hunt and was ready to suck up whatever knowledge was thrown her way.

Warja fidgeted. Brushed some mud off one of her paws. Fidgeted some more.

Okay, what the heck was this feeling? She'd scaled mountains! Thrown rocks into rivers of fire! And yet here she was, sitting on her rump all fidgety and nervous because a mere wolf was gonna come talk to her about like, pack things or whatever. What the hell was wrong with her? Warja's eyes closed. Stop, sillyhead. This is nothing. Easy peasy. Nothing, nothing, nothing.

The nerves remained.

Warja's eyes opened and she huffed, thoroughly irritated with her inability to control herself. She took several deep breaths, forcing the nerves down, and then made herself howl for a high ranking member just to get it over with. She wanted to discuss training and maybe introduce herself since she knew so few members. Perhaps there was someone in Covari who shared the same interests as her and would be willing to teach her. She couldn't offer much just yet, but what she lacked in skill she made up for in trainability.

"Speech"

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
07-03-2014, 08:21 PM

A howl would come within the pack from one of the members, calling to the ranked wolves of the pack. The boy would tilt his head to the side, curious at the sound and identified it as tones of a yearling. He would find himself moving forward, if from duty or curiosity he was not certain but either way he would find himself before the black and white shaded girl. He was not certain he recognised her but then there where a great deal of yearlings within the pack that he was not acquainted with yet. ?hey? he would say warmly as he stopped before her and would seat himself on his rump.

A quick look around had already told him the call was not a dire one, asking for help in any trouble she might have been in, no, there was no obvious signs on why he had called him here. ?I?m Cru, Alpha here until VI gets back, what?s up?? he would ask warmly, keeping his tones easy going so she would know that he would listen to her.

"Speech"

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
07-04-2014, 08:48 PM

Hm. Who was this now? Warja watched the young male as he approached, surprised not only by his youthfulness but his gender. Honestly, she'd expected her great aunt, or whatever her relation was to Warja, to show. Weren't alphas and betas and the like supposed to be...old? Surely this guy wasn't one of those in power! Why, he couldn't have been much older than Warja herself! Not that there was anything wrong with that, it was just surprising. Erani had been the only wolf in power she'd ever known and that lady was old.

He greeted her with a simple "hey" and Warja returned the word with a quick greeting of her own. "Hello." The brute would seat himself, his purple gaze flitting about, and then he'd introduce himself. Once more Warja was caught off guard. Not only was he the alpha, but he referred to her great aunt as "Vi" instead of using her full name. Perhaps pack life was far less serious than she'd been led to believe.

"I'm Warja," she stated simply, "My family and I just joined. I'd like to begin training of some sort and am not sure where to start. The only pack I've even been in before we left when I was quite small, so I'm not sure how all this works. "

"Speech"

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
07-08-2014, 04:56 PM

The boy would speak, beginning with a greeting and an introudction. Crucifix would remain silent to the give the girl a chance to speak. She would go on to explain something of herself and what it was she was after. Cru would nodd his head thoughtfully at these words, it was always great when the young took the inititive to learn something, she would need the knowledge to get anywhere in the world. ?Alright, thats fine Warja, i'm sure we can find someone to teach you what you need to know. As for most packs, they are made up with different duties, there are Healers, hunters and warriors. Then, there is Beta's and Alpha's? he would explain.

?If you wanted to start today I know someone who would teach you healing, would the knowledge of herbs interest you? As for the rest I can find someone to teach you both Fighting and Hunting.? he would say, then he would wait to hear the others words, before he would proceed. He had perhaps an idea of who could teach him hunting and would have to find out in the next day or two.

"Speech"

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
07-09-2014, 07:37 PM

One thing was certain: she had no interest in having someone teach her to hunt. If she'd learned one thing spending all her time exploring, it was hunting. She didn't need a teacher for that. However, picking between the other two things he'd mentioned was still plenty difficult. She couldn't say her interest in both of them was equal, because it wasn't, but they both appealed to her. Herbs and their medicinal benefits, or lack thereof, won hands down, but fighting was an invaluable skill and one she was going to acquire regardless.

"It would," she stated simply. "I'd like to take up healing, definitely." Well, herbs. The ability to heal would hopefully just be a by-product of learning about plants. "I'd like to learn how to fight too, if possible." Was she asking too much?

"Speech"

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
07-15-2014, 06:33 PM

Warja would speak again and Crucifix would smile ? perfect, it was exactly as he hoped for. If she wanted to learn healing he could arrange that immediately, and then if she wished to learn to fight he could arrange that in a few days time for someone to work with her. ?I can arrange both? Crucifix would reassure her. He would take another moment to think before rising to his paws. ?Alright, if you follow me i'll introduce you first to our healer, and if she wishes to teach you I will then find someone who is willing to teach you to fight, this might take a few days but i'll lead them to our Healer; Orchid, and the three of you can work out a schedule? he would explain it all to the pup, so she could do what she willed with what he had to offer. All this said he would began to walk and if she followed would lead her to Orchid's den.

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
07-19-2014, 09:43 AM

?I can arrange both? Perfect! That's what she'd been hoping for. It was about time she got some serious training under her belt; Warja was plenty old enough. Really, she wished she'd been more demanding with her parents when she was younger. Perhaps then she wouldn't be so far behind in everything. Oh well, she couldn't go back and change it. Besides, their lax parenting had allowed her to go off on her own and learn plenty of other useful skills.

The brute rose to his paws and Warja quickly followed suit. He spoke of a healer and the yearling couldn't help a small smile the began to draw up the corners of her mouth. This was so exciting! "Perfect," she murmured, verbally echoing her thoughts. Her teacher, if she would take her on, was named Orchid? Like the flower? That had to be a good sign, right? A healer with the name of a plant? Had to "Lead away," she stated simply, and as Cricifix turned to do so, Warja was quick on his heels, eager to meet this potential mentor.

"Speech"

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
07-22-2014, 02:59 PM

The walk to the healers den was a short one and he would reach the fissure in the earth that marked her entry and turn to the younger wolf with a smile before letting out a soft wuff to mark their presence to Orchid. He didn't have to wait long before the other woman would make her way out of the den ande the eye to two a moment. Her mouth was full of herbs and with a sigh she would slip them into her leaf pouch and sit on her rump. ?What are you after?? she would say, and that was all the question Crucifix needed. ?Hey Orchid! My friend here, Warja? he grinned at the pup again ?Has an interest in learning, and well what with you being the best healer in the pack I thought you could give us a hand? he said with a not so incospicious wink ? she would know he was using flattery to get the answer he wanted.

Orchid just laughed at her temporary Alpha, unfazed by his words and turned her intention instead to Warja. ?Actually, an apprentice sounds like a wonderful idea, how about you come on inside so I can see what you know?? she would ask politely and with a nodd to Crucifix the Alpha knew his part was over ?Alright Warja, i'll look into a warrior trainer for you, until then your in good hands? he said, another grin and he would depart.

Orchid I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-22-2014, 03:04 PM

Orchid was constantly organising her herbs, since she alone knew what to look for it was on her to fetch them and to place them accordingly into her collections, and a good part of her day was spent organising and drying he herbs that wouldnt keep otherwise. She was in this process when Crucifix's call huffed out from her entrance. She sighed and didn't bother to place down her last bunch of herbs but carried them out with her. She would be greeted with the sight of the boy she knew and a stranger at his side. She was fairly certain Cruxifix couldn't turn his charms 'off' so ignored hig light banter for the most part.

It wasn't Cru's light tone that had cought her attention, but rather his words. An apprentice actually sounded like a fantastic idea ? the pack just didn't have enough healers, and with Scorpion busy with his new family she could do with the distraction and company. ?Actually, an apprentice sounds like a wonderful idea, how about you come on inside so I can see what you know?? she essentially dismissed Crucifix and her eyes would fix upon Warja, assesing and considering as Cru's last words flitted past her like background noise. With that she would nodd her head for the girl to follow and turned and slipped back inside her den.

[code=auto:0]

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
07-25-2014, 10:37 PM

A short walk later and the pair was at the healer's den. Crucifix called in and Orchid, her new teacher, came out. Dipping her head in greeting, Warja studied the elder wolf quietly. She fit the bill for a healer, carrying a bundle of herbs in her maw and reeking of plants. The healer was small, only a tad bit taller than the child herself, and painted in pale colors. She seemed pleasant enough, which was a relief because she'd been afraid that her teacher was going to be some old grumpy lady.

Crucifix's attention turned to her and Warja's eyes lifted off of Orchid to meet his gaze. Unaware that "Cru" wasn't his proper name, Warja, very serious, said, "Thank you, Cru." And then just like that she was alone with her new mentor.

As soon as he was gone, Warja's eyes flicked back to Orchid only to find that the healer's gaze was already upon her. For a moment the pair just stood there regarding one another and then Orchid motioned for her to follow her, having, it seemed, decided that Warja was worth further evaluation. Warja complied, moving quickly to fall in line at her mentor's heels.

"I'm afraid all I have to offer at this point is a keen interest. The only plants I know about are the ones native to Mount Volkan...and there aren't a lot of them," she admits, hoping her eagerness to learn is enough to sate Orchid for now. The rest she'll have to prove, of course. This pairing worked both ways and while Orchid's position in a pack spoke volumes about her abilities, she'd have to earn Warja's respect just like Warja was going to have to earn hers.

"Speech"

Orchid I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-27-2014, 07:53 PM

cellpadding="5" cellspacing="25" style="width:450px; border:1px solid #000; background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#000">

Orchid was alreadyu considering how best to teach her new and eager student, she had never tought another before and was already excited by the prospect. She let the girl down into her den and would stop before the bulk of her supplies. ?Thats fine, i'll start with the basic nessesities and work from there, stop me as often as you like to ask questions and ill consider quizzes for you at the end of each lesson? she would speak her thoughts outloud before reaching into one of the crevices that stored her herbs. ?This purple flower is Wolfsbane, it can be used as a sedative but you must only use small amounts at a time ? the ability to judge amount by weight comes in time with practice? she placed the herb before the other wolf so she could get adjusted to the scent and apperance of it.

[b] ?Trillium is a very important herb, in dirty or serious wounds its needed to clean ? this is primarily to stop rot, or if its already begun to clean it out.?
she dropped the small white flower before the girl beore pulling out one last herb ?And this one, Horsetail is wrapped about an open wound to bind it and stop healing? all the herbs where placed before the pup for inspection.

Speech