gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Mammoth HunterDouble MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
07-22-2019, 09:03 PM

Brandr sought out a place where there weren't to many wolves gathered. He'd decided to try and capture some fireflies to bring back to his den to share with his family but he wasn't quite sure of the best way to go about catching them. Should he just wait until they landed on him and try to sweep them off into the jar or would he be better off actively trying to catch them and… his eyes wandered up a nearby tree. Many of the bugs were clinging to bark and decorating the branches. Perhaps he could sweep some off the bark into the jar. Brandr carefully reached out and tried to sweep some off the tree trunk and into his jar.

"Talk" "You" Think

Fracture

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Tsarvix

Treat 2019
07-28-2019, 02:49 PM

Fracture looked on as the stranger tried to swipe some fireflies off the tree bark, brow quirking. He wandered up to him. The other wolves he'd watched had simply tried to catch the fireflies as the flew, but perhaps this wolf knew better. Fracture liked to win, and so if he could learn some secrets to give him an advantage he was all for it. "So is that the trick then?" He wondered, grabbing his own container and moving to the other side of the trunk. Front paws lifted up to rest as high as he could on the bark, neck craning to reach up high towards the cluster of resting bugs and trying to scrape them off and into his jar.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."
table code

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

07-28-2019, 02:57 PM

Brandr turned at the sound of approaching footsteps as a young male asked him if that was the trick to catching the fireflies. "Hello there. I have no idea honestly. I know they have to land to breed and that way I think I can get at least two." He thought about trying to catch one in his mouth but he was afraid he'd smother them. "My name is Brandr of Abaven. What about you?" The other many smelt like he might be some sort of pack wolf but the hunter couldn't tell which pack. A smattering of bugs clicking near the base of the tree caught his attention and he reached down to try and scoot a few more of the little creatures into his jar.

"Talk" "You" Think

Fracture

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Tsarvix

Treat 2019
07-28-2019, 03:26 PM

Fracture nodded at the wolf's words. It sounded like a good idea in theory, though he'd give it a few attempts to see if it might be fruitful. This wolf could think outside the box, Fracture respected that. "Fracture of Winterfell." He responded, leaping up the tree once more to scrape his jar against the bark. The cluster of fireflies scattered as his jar approached, but he hoped to catch at least a few. Perhaps he'd have to move in slower next time. His mis-matched gaze fell upon the other who was now ushering bugs from the base of the tree into his jar. "To be honest, I haven't explored much of the other packs. I came to this land and pretty much immediately fell in line with the north. How is Abaven? Is it far from here?"

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."
table code

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

07-28-2019, 03:41 PM

Winterfell, that was a new pack. He couldn't say he knew much about that pack but that wasn't terribly surprising. Brandr was a hunter, he didn't do too much when it came to diplomacy. All that said he was quite curious about the other packs and was certainly happy to help Shaye out in anything she needed. "A pleasure." Based on his statement Brandr discerned that Winterfell was a pack in the north. When Fracture asked his questions Brandr felt it only polite to exchange information. "Don't worry, I haven't either though I've been meaning to. We're not too far, Abaven is based in the east. I like it quite a bit of course. Shaye has been doing a wonderful job ruling the pack. Who is alpha of Winterfell?" A flash of color caught his attention close to his face and he quickly swatted at the nearby fireflies.

"Talk" "You" Think

Fracture

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Tsarvix

Treat 2019
07-28-2019, 03:48 PM

At least the stranger was as unsure of the other packs as Fracture was, that made him feel better. The world was huge, and there was no way he'd find the time to go meet everybody. That was the job of a diplomat, and Fracture was a mere fighter. "My king's name is Acere." He rumbled, voice holding a note of admiration. He'd heard his alpha had just come back from a deathmatch and succeeded, and it told Fracture that he'd chosen the right man to follow along behind. "Your alpha's name is Shaye? I feel like I've heard it before, but I don't know where." The fireflies came off the tree violently as Fracture spoke so close to them and he nearly dropped his jar in his panic attempts to collect them before they escaped - waving it wildly in the air before him.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

07-28-2019, 04:02 PM

Brandr tried to put a face to the name but he couldn't quite do it. He didn't think he'd ever met that particular wolf but he was certain the meet the wolf if he came to visit Abaven. Yet… he wracked his brain. He could've sworn there had been an Acere in Abaven. "It's funny you should say that. I feel like I've heard the name Acere. I could've sworn Abaven used to have a fellow by that name but I'm afraid my memory is going in my old age." He chuckled softly to himself. In reality he wasn't that old but there were certainly plenty of days where he really felt like an old man. Walking to the other side of the tree Brandr scrapped at a few more fireflies. "Shaye has been pretty active in visiting packs and tending to alpha type duties, perhaps she visited Winterfell at one time?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Fracture

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Tsarvix

Treat 2019
07-28-2019, 04:11 PM

"I wouldn't really know." He shrugged non-noncommittally. "I don't do well with the diplomacy and such. I patrol the borders and I call for Acere if a trespasser is spotted. I don't stick around any longer then he needs me to when he meets them at the border, he's quite a seasoned fighter. Big fellow - mostly white." He described him vaguely, but perhaps the Acere they each knew was the same. if so, why would his king have left Abaven and gone so far away?

He couldn't let himself get too carried away in the talking. There were more fireflies to be caught. Circling the tree again he looked for another resting cluster, and upon finding one reached up with the jar to usher them inside.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

07-28-2019, 04:41 PM

Brandr nodded as he sat down to take a quick break from catching fireflies. "I understand. My job is a hunter mostly and that is what I spend my time doing. It's where my passion lies. I take it you are a fighter?" He put the description to memory in case he ran across anyone that seemed to match it. Movement suddenly caught his attention and he stood on his hind legs as he gazed up at something roosting in one of the lower branches of a nearby tree. Now what was that? His nostrils flared, eyes seeking to pierce through the darkness at what was definitely a bird but he wasn't quite sure if it was a duck or a goose. He was more familiar with them nesting on the ground. What was it doing up there?

"Talk" "You" Think

Fracture

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Tsarvix

Treat 2019
07-28-2019, 04:55 PM

Fracture nodded again as Brandr seemed to understand, watching as the Abaven wolf sat himself down to take a break from the catching. "Yes, I'm a fighter." Fracture wanted to give it one more attempt however, and so with a final burst of energy he scurried his forepaws up the tree once more to run the jar along the bark - hoping that this attempt would net him a large amount of bugs. He was competitive after all, and he'd heard there were prizes at the end. Pulling back from the tree, he noticed Brandr's odd expression peering up at it's branches. He moved towards the other, wanting to see what he was looking at from his vantage point. "What're you looking at?" He wondered, squinting up at the foliage.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

08-01-2019, 05:08 PM

Before he could answer the birds realized they were being watched and burst from the tree into the night sky. "Ah, ducks I think? Anyway I think that is enough firefly catching for me. I'm going to work on my fishing." Brandr moved to a nearby stream and slowly waded into the water. It was cooler than he'd like being autumn but it wasn't unbearable. He lowered his head over the water and waited, watching minnows and smaller fish go by. It was hard to do this at night but the moonlight helped a little. When he thought he saw a good sized fish approaching he eyed it for a second then dove his head down to try and catch it.

"Talk" "You" Think