gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Church
07-25-2019, 09:17 PM

Rosemary sauntered onto the field, a quarter moon shining overhead as the rat skittered over his back. With a practiced grace Rosemary swiped the bag through the night air while writhe and ruin launched themselves from his back to grab on to one of the shimmering bugs flickering above them.

So far the festivities had been enjoyable, although he chose to keep himself separate from the rest of his family for the time being. He wanted this time for himself rather than worrying about the pack or the children that would soon inhabit it. He did however like the prospect of gathering more slaves for the empire and made a mental note to converse with his sister on the topic in the future.  

"Talk"  Thought you

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
07-30-2019, 06:49 PM
I'll tough it out, I won't give in

"Will you pick a bloody spot and stick to it?" Álarr glanced back at his grumpy cat companion who didn't seem all that pleased at his aimless wandering but there were so many interesting places to try fishing and the creek had caught his attention. For one thing he loved the sound of the running water. Pouncing onto a rock he leaned over, watching the fish swim by in the cool waters of the creek. When a particular one caught his attention he tried to reach his paws in like Afi to grab it, hoping to get it close enough to the surface that he could use his jaws to nab it and carry it back to shore.

He looked up to see that something had caught Afi's attention, the cats eyes were fixed on a rat that was chilling on a wolf's back. "Don't you dare." Álarr hissed to the cat.

Rosemary

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Church
07-30-2019, 07:03 PM
Rosemary was far too engrossed in his firefly catching to notice the pup, but Writhe and Ruin scented the cat and pulled away from helping their friend to brandish their two sets of fangs at the cat with a wicked, echoed hiss. Rosemary paused after swishing his head through the fireflies again and flicked his ear, turning his attention on the child. “Mind your cat.” He purred. “I have no desire to lose my companion tonight.” He seemed fairly indifferent to the threat the cat posed to his companion, instead far more enthused by the festivities and catching as many fireflies as they could.

"Talk"  Thought you

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Promptober 2019
07-30-2019, 07:10 PM

"Dont worry, consider him minded!" Álarr fixed Afi with as stern a stare as he could muster. He was still trying to work on his evil eye but it wasn't working as well as he wanted. Afi puffed up. "I wasn't going to eat them! I just thought it was curious, that's all." A splash in the water diverted Álarr's attention back to the creek and he dove in once more to try and catch a fish. As he watched the other man he wondered about taking a break to try and catch more fireflies. How was he going to have enough energy for this? "Have you had your companions long, sir?" He knew many other wolves had companions but it still fascinated him.

Rosemary

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Church
07-30-2019, 07:19 PM

“Since I arrived so not long at all really.” He cooed. “What’s your name little dove?” He asked, once again dancing through the cloud of fireflies to catch more while his rat companion helped, now reassured from the looming danger that the cat presented. “Attack and we will bite!” Writhe hissed. “We will rip out your guts and bathe in them!” Ruin added from their place on Rosemary’s back. “Hush you, it’s only a cat.” Rosemary chided half-heartedly, not wanting to scare the pair off before he had a chance to properly meet them and learn their name. He was interesting to the eye and would have made a fine specimen if he were a Klein but the male doubted that would be the case with this one, although god knew there were Kleins aplenty around.

"Talk"  Thought you

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
07-30-2019, 07:34 PM

"Same here. I've never tried fishing before but Afi has been teaching me er… trying to. It'd be easier if I had cat claws." Afi nodded approvingly as he leapt onto a rock near the stream and proceeded to demonstrate his skills, ignoring the rodents completely in what he hoped was the attention of another audience. Unfortunately for the cat Álarr's attention was divided between the wolf and the fish. "My name is Álarr Imperialis. What's yours?" Spying a fish coming up to snatch a firefly he quickly pounced, just managing to keep his footing in the stream though he was up to his belly in the water.

Rosemary

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Church
07-30-2019, 07:42 PM

“I am Rosemary Klein, a pleasure to meet you Sir Imperialis.” He cooed, dancing gracefully through the fireflies again in an attempt to catch more while his companion stood on his head and reached to grab one in their mouths. It was a fine night he noted, the air was cool and the scent of the festival left a warmth in the pit of his stomach that couldn’t be denied. “Are you enjoying the festival so far?” He asked coyly, his tone kind if only because he was addressing a pup.” He liked pups and figured he’d best take in some experience interacting with them before his sister’s brood was born.

"Talk"  Thought you

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
07-30-2019, 07:58 PM

"That's a pretty name!" Álarr didn't have much of a sense for gendered names yet, but as a budding healer he couldn't help but be partial to names that reminded him of the plants he studied. Rosemary seemed to be very good at catching fireflies. Álarr watched him for a moment but soon turned back to his fishing. He'd chase after more fireflies later, for now he wanted to catch more fish, both to satisfy Afi and because he was starting to get hungry again. The longer the night went on the more he felt it was time for a snack. Diving back in the water he tried to build up his meal.

"Oh yes! I like that we get to chase so many different things though I still think I like looking at plants the best." He couldn't really see himself as a hunter. "What about you? Have you been to this festival before?"

Rosemary

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Church
07-30-2019, 08:06 PM

“No although we used to have festivals like this where I came from.” He explained with a gentle smile, swishing again to capture more firelies while his companion assisted him. The boy seemed very adept at catching fish and he wondered to himself if the boy was an aspiring hunter. He decided to voice the question, his tail waving behind him like a silvery fish.

“Are you training to be a hunter? You’re quite good at that.” He commented. The rat still seemed slightly bristled, their four eyes trained on the cat even as they were helping Rosemary catch fireflies.

"Talk"  Thought you

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Promptober 2019
07-30-2019, 08:15 PM

Álarr was curious about the other festivals Rosemary had gone to and he wondered if Legion had any festivals as well that he'd get to go to. "What sorts of festivals did you have? This is my first festival ever!" He climbed back onto his rock and spread out on his belly as he waited for another fish to go by. As soon as it did he pounced once more.

He beamed at the man's compliment. He hadn't really given too much thought to being a hunter but if he was good at it maybe it was something he ought to consider. Although, he still liked fighting and healing more and adding another thing to train for was going to be way too much homework. "Thank you!"

"Thank me, you mean!"

Álarr ignored the cat. "I'm actually training to be a fighter and a healer though. What about you? What do you do?"

Rosemary

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Church
07-30-2019, 08:31 PM

In spite of his companions shrill screams of protest Rosemary moved closer to the boy his firefly catching complete and darted his head into the nearby water to catch a wiggling fish of his own, which he quickly deposited on the shore. His last attempt at fishing had gone just as bad as his first for much the same reason, but there was no need to share that with the boy. “I’m a crafter and a fighter.” He explained, peach eyes watching the boy carefully “Although I suppose hunting would be a good trade if I ever grow tired of fighting.” He added thoughtfully.

"Talk"  Thought you

Sandor

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Era

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
07-30-2019, 08:44 PM
Okay, so he had taken a bit of a break, fishing was tough work! But, now he was ready to try again…sort of. He was walking, looking for signs (that he really didn’t know) that there were fish at the waters surface and then, he heard Alarr. Ears perked and motion stopped as he searched for the pup, the somewhat familiar face among a crowd. It didn’t take long before he spotted the other wolf pup just as he tried to grab a fish. There was another wolf there, this one much older and larger but…he was lean, light of frame. Head cocked to the side as he approached, listening to the tail end of the conversation that the two were having. He perked up at the mention of fighting but he was unsure how anyone could get tired of fighting, it was so fun!

“Tired of fighting? Is that possible?” He asked, grinning as he sat down a couple feet away from the two. Turning to Alarr he nodded in greeting. “Hi again!” Friendly voice was much less reserved than it had been when they’d initially met.

Rosemary

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Church
08-01-2019, 02:03 PM
He tilted his head as the small child approached them nearly missing a fish as it swam between his paws before he snatched it up. “And what would your name be little warrior?” He asked with a kind smile.
“As it happens my pack has many warriors, but few hunters, and my skills are best suited to the tanning of hides and making of weapons.” He explained. “I am suited to fighting, yes, but I am but a servant to my alpha, and she requests that I find peace. If there is peace to be had in hunting and the killing of prey then I'm sure I will find it there. “