gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
keanai

The Ooze Participant
07-30-2019, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2019, 01:44 AM by Lyra.)
“Firefly Festival, eh?” she mused aloud, eyeing the groups of wolves and non-wolves present. She was bored and headed over when she’d heard about it; it was a pretty easy journey for her – with only a few rests needed, and she was refreshed when she arrived. It seemed she arrived before a lot of others, which was rather… disappointing. It did mean more time in the waters, though; she could get started now for that fishing derby. With her claws, she certainly hoped to come out on top.

With a sigh, she scanned the area for a good area; it wasn’t a salmon run, or anything similar to that in and of itself meant it was going to be much harder… but she could still do some of the basics that she witnessed from bears and the like, with their massive claws. Or so she hoped. She hadn’t really tried it out.

She waded into the water and sat down, suppressing a shiver for the chilly ocean waters. They felt good, but it was still quite the adjustment at first. A paw raised, she waited and waited. She just needed the fish to swim by and – there! Lyra’s paw slammed into the water, claws out and ready to snag the fish that dared swim near her.

This post 1/10

Thoren

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Treat 2019
08-02-2019, 07:22 PM
He’d decided after a miss or two that he would try a different spot to fish at. Perhaps the fish were biting better down the shoreline more than where he had been. Fur still dripping wet, the earth toned wolf walked along watching others fish before he finally came to a stop a respectful distance away from a massive she-wolf that was using a different method. Instead of diving for the fish she used her claws…her retractable claws. Brows rose and head cocked to the side as he waded into the water, growing still so the fish would return. “Any luck?” He asked, accent moderately thick. A flash of silver would tell him that the fish had returned and one was near by…near enough that he could possibly get it. Jaws parted and he dove down for it. Coming back up with a fish hopefully in his jaws.

Lyra

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
keanai

The Ooze Participant
08-03-2019, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2019, 01:45 AM by Lyra.)
Lyra's head jerked to the side as a voice sounded near her and she startled at the wolf thre. Damn, she hadn't noticed anyone creeping up. Shaking herself to settle her fur that instinctively rose, she answered the stranger, "Good enough. It's worth a try. There's lots of shallows fish here. Do you know any of the species?" she asked curiously, glancing back down at the water to study it. Small fish scuttled between her paws without a care; those fish were too small to even dream of catching. But there were other types of fish that she saw, and those were the ones she was going after. Not all of them were easibly identifiable, however. Speaking of which - a flash of color caught her eye, and once again she tried to slam her paw down on it, curved and extra sharp claws out.

This post 2/10
1/10

"Speech" "You"

art by rainbowglaze123

Thoren

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Treat 2019
08-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Thoren would crack the skull of the fish he managed to capture and took it to shore, starting a small pile before turning back to the water, ears coming forward as the giant wolf spoke, her fur bristled slightly, causing his muscle to tense until she shook herself- allowing the bristled fur to fall. His muscles relaxed once more in response. She asked about the species and he shook his head. “New to fishing…they just fish to me.” He answered in a heavy accent. He watched as she tried again to get a fish before he used his own technique…it seemed to work quite well for him thus far…no sense in changing tactic now.

(sorry this is terrible)

Lyra

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
keanai

The Ooze Participant
08-04-2019, 07:55 PM
A grin graced her face as she felt her paws slam on flesh, and her claws slide into it. Curving her paw much like a cat could, she twisted it and lifted the fish out of water, staring at the flopping and dying creature for a moment before twisting her head and swiftly killing the fish. With a fling of her paw, she tossed it ashore, and it lay still and quite dead on the shoreline. Hopefully, the tide wouldn't rise soon because otherwise she'd lose that fish.

Once more she slid her claws out and dipped her paw in water, and shook her paw in the water to try to clean the dirt off. That wasn't enough, not really, so she lifted that paw back up and nibbled and groomed at her paw briefly as Thoren spoke. aaShe nodded to his words. "Me too," she answered. "I've noticed some are.. different, though," she stated, finally lowering her paw. It was time to search again, and thi stime she could see a rather large fish heading towards her way. With a swift intake of breath, she moved, trying to smack the fish down.

Thoren

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player

Treat 2019
08-04-2019, 08:05 PM
The giant she-wolf was focused on her task, eventually getting her own fish. Claws neatly curved into the flesh, though he was a little…put off…by how she stared at it for a moment before killing it. Thoren remained still, not wanting to scare his own fish off as she flung hers to shore. He chuckled as she groomed her paw but he didn’t comment. Why bother if she was just going to gut another fish with it?

He nodded as she mentioned some were different. “I see too.” He answered, looking down at the different fish that swam around. “Where you from?” He asked, curious where such monster sized wolves came from…so he knew where not to go. Suddenly, Thoren dove down, snapping at a fish before coming back up to the surface (with fish in tow hopefully).

Lyra

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
keanai

The Ooze Participant
08-04-2019, 11:43 PM
Lyra side-eyed the smaller male, smiling pleasantly as he quite literally ignored the retractable, cat-like paws she had, albeit he startled laughing when he groomed her paw. "It feels weird if I don't get the gunk off. And if gunk builds up, they're harder to clean," she explained, holding up her paw again. This time it was empty; she failed to catch the fish. That was no biggie, she just had to try again. And try again she did, paw sliding smoothly into the water as she tried to spear another fish.

She glanced at him once more as he asked his question. "I am from the mainland here, Boreas. I was born... eh, somewhere. But my father's side has been here for several generations now. My mother's side, I'm not sure where she came from. She didn't like us pups much." She wasn't sure where Valentine had come from, honestly. She hadn't really asked about her family line beyond that. "What about you? Your accent is thick."