Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-01-2019, 07:22 PM
she had fished a bit with Gustav, though her efforts were meager compared to most others here. there was tell of someone fishing up the golden fish, and she had searched the grounds around the water for remnants of it. she only wanted to see it before moving on with her own efforts, yet the catcher and the fabled fish eluded her. everyone had a steady pile thus far, and her own little catch wasn't much.

taking a seat at the water's edge, she'd watch the aquatic beings swim below before darting out a paw. Heloise was not a talented hunter - she could easily take down small prey on land, but that was it. if I catch something, it is all going to Winterfell the woman thought, already pondering on how to move the amount of fish needed back north. her paw entered the water, and her mind forwarded to focus solely on what was required of her. she failed to see if another did approach and take a spot next to her.

fishing attempt; 2.
[Image: sgvfyko2_o.gif]
heloise has a male gyrfalcon named kresnik with a fifty-inch wingspan
always assume he is in threads nearby and in battles with her
as her love acere praetor is allowed in any of her threads regardless of tag

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
08-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Rhyme wandered away from Hannibal, after seeing him catch the golden fish he had been a bit discouraged. His pile hadn’t been disappointing either, he carried almost three large fish. He placed them on the shore and made his way into the lake, at least he could finished gathering his fish. He was close enough to the white she wolf that he figured he should be polite and introduce himself. ”Hey, I’m Rhyme.” He called out over the water with a quick smile as he went back to focusing on the fish at his paws. Alright time for another big one. He waited patiently before thrusting his face into the water and seeking out his fourth fish.

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-01-2019, 07:32 PM
she would look up as a wolf approached her, though he sat down promptly to fish himself. she would give the man a nod, introducing herself as well. it was customary and also quite polite to do such a thing. "I am Heloise cel Mare, of Winterfell" the alabaster woman replied, though not curtly. there was at least some warmth in her tone compared to a civil response. "a pleasure to meet you, Rhyme."

she had not yet met an Abaven wolf, though his pack heavy scent was on the wind. she did not include her title, for 'squire' sounded very... underwhelming. all the wolves here were impressive in rank and bloodline; she felt a bit out of place. a commoner amongst the royalty. her eyes strayed to his pile of fish. "will you take them back to your pack?" she ventured as she dove for another fish to add to her collection.

fishing attempt; 3.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

08-01-2019, 07:39 PM
He didn’t miss her smile as she replied to him, he tried to act like he was listening intently as he wrestled with his attempted fish. If he caught on he’d quickly add it to his pile so he could look back to his fishing partner. ”You as well,” He finally spoke again and gave her a quick polite nod. ”Winterfell, eh?” It wasn’t really a question. ”Acere used to live in Abaven with me.” Rhyme.. had kept himself humble since the kids were born, and he didn’t find it necessary to flaunt his title. He was old enough now, after everything he’d been through, he didn’t need the extra attention.

Rhyme turned back to the water and waited again for a fish to swim between his paws. Like before he retained his water snatch and made an attempt to catch another fish.

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-01-2019, 07:42 PM
she did not know much of Acere's past, only that her king had much darkness to deal with. the murder of his brother weighed on her mind as she comforted him that fateful day. Heloise shook such thoughts away as she continued the conversation, yet another paw flashed out to grace the water's depths. hopefully her efforts were not for naught. she barely registered pulling the fish out of the cool water before diving for another. "have you known him long then?" she asked Rhyme, who was probably aware that Winterfell was only a few months old. what did her king do before ruling, she wondered.

fishing attempt; 4.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

08-01-2019, 07:46 PM
With another trip to and from his fish pile Rhyme waded back out into the water as Heloise asked about how long he had known the white warrior. He had always been proud of Acere’s accomplishment. He was sad he no longer had the man around to train and spar with, and he missed his apprentice Ignis. It was good for them to have found a successful home of their very own.

”Almost a year. We worked closely, and trained together.” He commented softly, not sure how much information was polite to divulge. If she asked specific questions he’d answer, but it was easier to be vague. Again the slate alpha returned his attention to the lake and aimed to snatch up another fish.

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-01-2019, 07:54 PM
she did not wish to pry in the past of Acere, even if she was intrigued by learning more of her king. Heloise accepted the fact that Rhyme wished to be respectful, and moved on to another topic of conversation. there was plenty to speak about, surely. she was not one to press issue if there was no need for it. "I admit" she said, pausing to only dive after another fish "I do not know of Abaven. may you tell me of your community?" perhaps one day she would find need to actually visit their land. and hopefully it would be diplomatic.

fishing attempt; 5.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

08-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Their conversation shifted easily from Winterfell’s King to the pack of Abaven. Rhyme smiled softly as he returned his attention to the icy white she wolf. She asked about his home and he wouldn’t deny her information. ”Its one of Boreas oldest and largest packs.” He started, Abaven was even older than he was and he was getting up in years. (Not that he liked to admit it.) ”We like to offer help when its asked for,” he said warmly. There were a good few wolves still recovering within the borders. Rhyme returned his attention to the water once more, happy to continue fishing between conversation points.

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-01-2019, 08:08 PM
"I see" so Abaven was quite large and old, something that perhaps held meaning for the older man if she was to be inpolite. she did not know how long he was on this earth for, or how long his pack was, but she knew asking anyone their age was rude. "a noble ideal" Heloise responded to his explanation of helping anyone who needed it. "I confess, even I have thoughts of starting a community. I only wish to strive to such things if I do." she admitted to Rhyme with a soft smile. attention turned away from the man to dive for another fish, however.

fishing attempt; 6.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

08-01-2019, 08:16 PM
She didn’t question much further, but she took in his word with polite interest. She praised their ideal and confessed her want to emulate those same actions. Rhyme made his way to and from the growing fish pile as he looked back to Heloise as she returned her features to him. ”Starting from the ground up is difficult, and takes time. However, if one has the will they always find a way.” He smiled and winked at her, feeling that she might just have that special spark that would make her a leader. Rhyme smiled again and gave his efforts back to fishing, dunking his head after waiting for the auatic creatures to return to his legs.

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-01-2019, 08:27 PM
he spoke as if he knew what it was like to start one himself, and Heloise wondered his true identity. perhaps he was of a high rank in Abaven? "perhaps you can give me some pointers" she'd chuckle, shaking her head before lowering it back to the water. she thrust her own skull in, snapping wildly at the fish before removing it. droplets clung to her white coat that were barely visible. "the thought of starting a pack or a band... is exciting. though I wonder if anyone would share my ideals." the thought of being accepted by anyone was enough to cause her to pause. it was a constant problem that anyone could relate to.

fishing attempt; 7.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

08-01-2019, 08:37 PM
She gave him a chuckle as he imparted his dad’s words of wisdom to her. He joined in the amusement. He hadn’t raised his own pack, but he knew the work that had to be put in after it had already come together. He’d seen Acere bring Winterfell out of dust. Where there was a will there was a way, and she looked like she had will. ”It is exciting,” he mimicked her. ”There are a lot of different kinds of wolves out there, and there wont be two that will agree on every decision. But if you can bind them with common morals you’ll be on the way to a strong pack.” He offered her confidently as he stood splay legged and made another attempt at a fish.

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-01-2019, 08:41 PM
yes, she had an idea that bringing everyone under a common goal - a banner - was the best way. perhaps she could scout and meet many other wolves, ask them their interests and ideals... that was the most decent way to do such a thing. "I thank you for the advice" she added as she attempted to scoop another fish out of the water. "I will definitely keep it in mind. perhaps if I do gain a community, we may visit Abaven as an ally" Heloise had no reason to go to war with another, or even raid them. either way, she would enjoy visiting Abaven. "where does your pack reside?" she asked Rhyme the direction, not specifics. Winterfell was lonesome up north, and she knew there was heavy presence in the west.

fishing attempt; 8.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

08-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Heloise did not hesitate to thank him quickly for the advice her offered to her, it truly was no problem as he gave her his honest thoughts. He smiled up at her as she spoke of the potential that was just within reach of her pretty white paws. ”Perhaps.” He answered with a respectful nod of his head. There was no telling what might happen between now and then, but it was good to know she would not harbor any ill will towards Abaven. ”Abaven is as far east as you can get, we look out over the ocean. It’s a large pack, so it’s hard to miss.” He winked at her playfully as he made one of his last attempts to grab a fish within his toothy jaws.

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-01-2019, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2019, 08:49 PM by Heloise.)
"ah, I see" so far east... Heloise was ever thankful for any advice she was given. how else was she to learn if no one cared enough to speak? noticing that Rhyme was nearing the end of his turns, she'd chuckle softly. "it looks like our time is almost up. shameful" she enjoyed chatting with the older wolf. though she had at least one more turn, he would surely be on his way soon enough. though she should have asked Acere where Abaven was, seeing as he lived there once, she felt it stimulated the conversation nicely. "perhaps we will have another chance to talk before the festival is up. it was good to meet you, Rhyme." she added in politely as she went for another attempt at a fish.

fishing attempt; 9.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

08-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Rhyme had caught as many fish as was allowed, though Hel was close to that point as well. ”Indeed. It’s been good fishing with you.” He gave her another smile as he waded
back up the bank and had a good look at the pile of fish. Carrying them back to Abaven wouldn’t be fun, but at least if was close. ”Oh, actually.” He looked back towards her and the tied to find his directions. If he pointed himself North and then just a bit to the west. ”That way.” He pointed. ”If you go that way when you leave the island you’ll run into Abaven. It might be nice to stop by.” He invited her just in case they didn’t get another encounter before the end of the festival.

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-02-2019, 06:48 PM
she had not used up all her turns. a few times - two times - she failed to catch anything, though Rhyme was thankfully not one to critique such a thing. she hid her embarrassment well enough. he would locate his pack skillfully, twisting his head to spy it from afar. "I will keep that in mind" she'd smile softly at the older wolf, especially at his invitation to visit. it must be time for him to depart though. "thank you for keeping me company. farewell, Rhyme." she'd add, waiting until he had finished walking out of the water before she took her tenth turn. trying hard not to miss another fish, she'd attempt to scoop up one that was extra meaty.

fishing attempt; 10. two fails counted.