gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-01-2014, 09:20 AM

Lithe dark paws would carry the brute through the ivory vines that hung from bleached trees. Fire and ice eyes would take in the scenery with interest as his silent form continued through the wood. He would walk, but couldn't shake the feeling of someone watching him, more specifically his mother. He'd left her body behind, after mourning the loss of the amazing woman he'd set off to find his own way in the world. She'd taught him everything he knows, Frith had few fears in the world after studying under such a teacher. Kynareth had been old when she birthed him, and so as a last ditch effort to keep her knowledge alive she had bore Frith.
This place would capture his imagination as he drew further into the deepening woods. Slowly, and oh so quietly he would observe the landscape and its subtle changes. He felt as though there was not another living soul around as a light mist would roll into the darkened wood. The moon's frail light would play upon the whitened structures that surrounded him, the same rays lighting the dark fur of his back. Brilliant gaze would fall upon the shrine then, unable to ignore the glowing water beneath the surface. He would approach carefully, but curiously as in his studies he'd never encountered a sight such as glowing water.

"Speech"

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-01-2014, 10:35 AM

Novella hadn't been able to sleep. The reasoning she assumed was perhaps the ongoing mourning period from the family's recent loss though it could quite as easily be that she simply worried about her sister. She couldn't imagine the pain that Song was feeling but to top it off the older Destruction had suddenly decided that now was the appropriate time to take a break from the pack and set off on some sort of trip with only Canta and Mercury. Novella personally felt that Song should have been here with the rest of the family but it had all happened so quickly and truth be told she doubted that there would have really been anyway to stop her. Hopefully she would be back soon.

A walk of her own seemed like the best way to clear her mind, and so as the rest of the lands were still she had risen. Initially she had simply walked to the borders, she hadn't had any intention of leaving the lands of Ludicael and yet she found herself unable to stop as she hit them. Something inside tugged her onwards and no matter how hypocritical it may have been for her to do so given her current feelings on Song's leave she continued. She wouldn't go far, she didn't want to worry her family any longer.

She stuck true to that last part at least, travelling to the Shrine she would find her pace slowing there and as mismatched eyes would admire the peaceful landscape around she would find her head clearing as well, embracing the tranquillity. It certainly seemed that she was alone here with how quiet and still it all was though of course she would swiftly be proven wrong as she suddenly caught sight of another figure through the mist. Taken by surprise she would simply pause, half of her tempted to go and investigate whatever the male was currently looking at, though other slightly more sensible part reminding her she probably ought to just head back home. Neither won, though given she remained stood there it seemed that the latter was rather unlikely.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-01-2014, 11:11 AM

Lowering his dark features his vibrant gaze would peer into the water's depths, tiny fish would disrupt his line of sight as the danced through the glowing liquid. Fire and Ice eyes would be captured by them, his attention fully focused as he was sure of his isolation in this pale world he'd found himself in. Though dark ears would become alerted to another presence, the silence was so deafening he thought he heard a breath. Features would rise from the hypnotic shrine, gaze would search the area surrounding him. His bright blue eye would fall upon her form, catching her own stare as they realized they were indeed not completely alone in this mystical place.
His form would straighten as he took her in, obviously a lady was standing before him. He would nod in acknowledgment of her presence and respect, a slight curiosity welling within him. Was she just a pale apparition that appeared with the fog? Head would tilt slightly as he questioned her appearance wordlessly, tail hanging limply at his hocks. He would breathe in slowly, picking up the tiny traces of her scent upon the air. He would invite her over with a simple smile, his attention slipping back to the glowing water as he let her choose her desires. He hadn't had any contact with another wolf since he'd laid his mother to rest.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-01-2014, 11:46 AM

Before either plan could be put into action the stranger would notice her. For a moment they both stood there, unmoving gazes focussed upon each other. What would happen now then? All would depend upon the man Novella decided any sign of a threat and she would simply return to Ludicael as swiftly as she could. Fortunately though there was no such reaction from the dark man, instead a simple nod of greeting and a small smile. A breath that she didn't even realise she'd been holding was released.

He would turn his attention back to what he had previously been looking at and Novella would continue forwards coming to a stop at his side. Mismatched eyes would look towards him again, a small smile of her own forming upon her muzzle. "Hello." She greeted, voice soft as she spoke and quiet, almost hardly daring to make a noise and disrupt the peaceful place they'd found themselves in. And with that, she would now divert her gaze to the water. It was rather strange, not the glow for that had become rather familiar to her now since living in Lover's Mangrove, but strange that she had lived so close for around a year now but not actually properly visited the area before.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-01-2014, 12:23 PM

He could hear the subtle sound of her held breath, and would see her relax subtly. He would feel no threat from her, as he felt no threat from her. His eyes were already watching the fish within the pool again, but his ears would swivel as he listened to her walk forward. A gentle voice would gift his ears at her arrival at his side, "Hello." Such quiet tones would she use within the serenity of the porcelain gallery. He would flash his teeth in a quick smile, finding to need to vocalize his greeting.
His eyes would continue to follow the patterns of swimming fish with the lady by his side, he was quite obviously engrossed. She did not seem quite as focused though, he wondered if she had seen glowing water before. He knew of the bright lights that would illuminate within some species of bugs. Was this the same occurrence happening before him within the water? "What do you know of the light within the water?" impossibly quiet vocals would turn to the girl, did she have knowledge to pass to him?

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-01-2014, 12:41 PM

The peace had returned to her once more, body and mind relaxing again although not quite to the same state Novella had found herself in before finding the stranger. He was a distraction though from whatever was running through her mind back in Ludicael and that was good enough for her. To be honest now she thought about it, she hadn't left the lands and met others for quite some time now, distracted by the arrival or her parents and then the epidemic.

The silence would continue for a little longer before the man would finally speak, enquiring as to why the water was glowing. The reason had once been rather interesting and though she still admired the beauty of glowing waters, the curiosity had warn off. "The reason isn't as pretty as the sight." Novella would warn him with another smile upon her face as she glanced briefly to the man. "But I was told that its the algae in the water."

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-01-2014, 01:20 PM

Peaceful was his usual state of mind, he did not change the laid back way he stood before her. He would dissect her aroma just a bit more, taking note of the pack scent upon her pelt. Still the small smile would play upon his features as she went to answer him. "The reason isn't as pretty as the sight." He'd find their eyes meeting as she let herself glance in his direction. "But I was told that its the algae in the water." He would look back towards the water, watching as each fish would nibble at the glowing surfaces.
He would consider this information quietly for a moment, storing it to memory. His thought process would lead him to be curious of her own teacher, knowing his own mother had been his primary teacher. Curiosity of her would bring more questions to the forefront of his mind. "Thank you for that knowledge, may I ask about your own teacher?" she had said she'd heard about it, but from whom? Was there a possibility of learning from this knowledged one?

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-01-2014, 01:32 PM

The silence would fall over them again, as strangers, so much so that they didn't even know each other's names, each silence certainly had a possibility to be awkward and yet perhaps it was simply the serene space they had found themselves in though Novella still remained rather at ease now. He would eventually speak again, thanking her. Another smile would edge its way onto her muzzle, he seemed very polite, though she found she liked that, certainly not a rude wolf herself.

"My sister Song told me." She explained simply. Though her main teacher at the moment was probably her own mother. She'd picked up various bits and pieces of information from various members of her family and pack though, each of them could be considered her teachers really. "I come from quite a big family though, we all sort of help each other out so she's not my only teacher." Of course it wasn't just her family though for a while now the Destruction family had been the main population of Ludicael.

"I'm Novella by the way." She added, the mention of her sister's name reminding her that they hadn't introduced themselves just yet.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-01-2014, 01:59 PM

He wasn't one to really notice awkward situations, his enjoyed silence, and didn't need to worry about words to reassure himself. Frith would notice the smile he'd been able to form on her delicate lips. "My sister Song told me." She had more family? He wondered for a moment how different of a life that had been, sometimes he found himself craving attention that his mother hadn't been able to give him. A sister would have been wonderful, "I come from quite a big family though, we all sort of help each other out so she's not my only teacher." he'd find himself looking away for a moment, unable to contain himself for just a second. What he wouldn't have given for more family. His mother had done magnificently, but she couldn't provide that special relationship a sibling offered.
He would be sure to turn back towards her before she would speak again, their hushed tones still ruling over the pair. "I'm Novella by the way." He was glad to have been offered a name to call her by. It was gorgeous too. "You have a lovely name, miss Novella." For a moment he worried if she would correct his guess of her status, "I am Frith, son of Kynareth." He didn't have any other family to introduce her to.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-01-2014, 02:16 PM

Novella would watch curiously as he turned away for a moment, a part of her was certainly tempted to ask if everything was alright though it wasn't long before the brown male turned his attention back to her and it seemed having recovered from that brief moment of sadness. She wouldn't pry now, though she would watch for it again, she probably couldn't help him at all though it would surely be nice to show an interest and offer.

She wouldn't correct him for calling her a miss, it was correct after all though no one had ever actually referred to her as 'Miss Novella' before, she wouldn't even connect it with status for the moment. What the comment did however was bring a shy smile and a small blush to her features, the compliment alone would have been one she could have easily accepted. The name was one she'd always liked as a child, sharing such similarities in appearance and name with her mother.

Frith. It certainly wasn't a name she had come across before, but it too was a rather lovely name, not that she ever really paid much thought to names before, it was his compliment that had started it. She ought to compliment him back she supposed, though tempted to respond with 'Mr Frith' she wouldn't, worried perhaps he might think she was mocking him. "Thank you. I like your name too."

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-01-2014, 02:26 PM

He didn't mean to show her the moment of weakness, it was a moment he didn't experience often. Only when thoughts of his mother and the lack of family overcame him would he find himself in such times of trouble. However, he recovered easy, his peace returning with no lasting effects. The blueish light that would illuminate the two would not make obvious the slight blush upon her features. "Thank you. I like your name too." He would nod, accepting the comment easily. He had no plans for future events, and now he was curious about her. He would seek knowledge, and for the first time he would seek knowledge about another wolf. "Do you live around here?" he would ask quietly, she knew about the glowing water, she had to have been familiar with it somehow.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-01-2014, 03:56 PM

Had she known the reason for his sadness then Novella perhaps wouldn't have brushed it off quite so quickly. It still would have been rude to try and intrude upon such things but she would have wanted to try something to distract from his pain and loneliness. This evidently was a start anyway, he had distracted her from her thoughts and perhaps as the conversation progressed Novella would wind up doing the same for him.

Frith moved the conversation on now anyway, enquiring where she lived. "Not far from here." She responded. "I'm part of Ludicael." Not realising that Frith was new to the area it didn't immediately cross her mind that he wouldn't know where or even quite what Ludicael was. She had been here for a year after all and still barely knew anything about the other packs around them.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-01-2014, 10:38 PM

Really he just wished to forget what was past and look toward the future. He couldn't change the fact that he only grew up with his mother, he could only let himself flourish in the company of others. Novella was turning out to be rather pleasant company, he found himself easily distracted from sad thoughts. He could go on with his thoughts, and ask more of Novella's life. He didn't know the girl, but he wanted to know her. "Not far from here." His ears would perk up, almost excitedly. "I'm part of Ludicael." even more curious now. "Ludicael? Your pack?" He'd never been part of a pack, it had always been only him and his mother. "What is it like living in a pack?" He'd never really visited packs or talked to pack wolves, the experience was a foreign concept.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-02-2014, 03:23 AM

So Novella had been wrong to assume he knew of Ludicael and she realised that now as he questioned her upon it. She would nod her head in response and explain a little more about the pack for him. "My parents lead it at the moment, Novel and Dutiron" Recalling that he had given the name of one of his parents as well she would give her own now that she had mentioned them.

But apparently Frith's real curiosity wasn't exactly about the pack but more about life within in. She had always been part of one aside from that single season where she had travelled to Alacritia and pondered upon joining Ludicael. "I've pretty much spend my entire life in a pack, so I don't really know what to say; it's all I really know. I like it, but quite a lot of my family are there so I may be a little biased." She would explain another small smile as she reached her confession at the end. To be fair to her though, there had been far fewer Destructions calling Ludicael home when she had initially joined.

"Have you never lived in a pack before?" She had of course realised he didn't carry the scent of a pack but all that really meant is that he was currently a rogue. Frith could have formally been part of a pack, just left long ago enough to be rid of the scent, although his question suggested the life of a rogue was far more familiar to him.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-02-2014, 10:48 AM

She hadn't realized his lack of information, of course he couldn't blame her. They'd only just met, she hardly knew anything about him at all. He felt though, that he would have to remedy such a situation. She would nod in partial answer to his questions, "My parents lead it at the moment, Novel and Dutiron" He would smile for her, he'd never met his own father before. He'd put the name to memory though, "I've pretty much spend my entire life in a pack, so I don't really know what to say; it's all I really know. I like it, but quite a lot of my family are there so I may be a little biased." So much family she had! What a different life she had lived from him, while he had been mostly isolated she had never lived away from her family. Though he felt the need to be sad he found himself only smiling softly this time. "Have you never lived in a pack before?"
Her question would cause him to lose a bit of his eagerness, but she had been so kind as to explain herself it would have been rude of him to deny her now. "No, I have never lived in a pack." he would start, slightly sad, but he felt comfortable going on. "I've never lived with anyone but my mother, she passed on recently." His voice would somehow grow quieter in their serene environment. "She lived a full life, she taught me everything I know.." He didn't mean to sound so depressed, his usual at peace demeanor crumbling as he fumbled for the right words.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-02-2014, 05:26 PM

Novella certainly did have a lot of family, more so than even she was fully aware of though it was normal and certainly the way she liked it now. There were only a few minor changes she would make to the way she lived, mainly little things that meant that the family would be all happy together. Some of those wishes were impossible though, there was no bringing Descant back after all.

Frith would confirm now that he hadn't lived in a pack before a rather surprising revelation for her. Novella couldn't imagine living as a rogue for her entire life and to spend that life with only one person, one family member around you. To be honest she didn't quite like the sound of it and was grateful for her own large family even despite their little problems. But now the poor man was completely alone, his own emotions were clearer again now and Novella would look towards him sympathetically. "I'm sorry to hear that." She responded, resisting the urge to move closer and try comfort him. They had only just met, surely such an act would be inappropriate.

"I know it's not the same really, but I've just lost one of my nephews. He was still only a child and had been ill for most of his life but it's still hit us all pretty hard." There was compassion in her voice now as she spoke. It wasn't a contest for who had the biggest sob story, she merely wanted to offer any help if she could, show that she had a vague understanding of his current pain. She couldn't imagine how hard it'd be to lose her own mother though, and that was even with the rest of her family around to support her. Poor Frith probably felt so alone right now and though she barely knew him, Novella found herself still wanting to try ease some of that pain if she could.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-02-2014, 06:34 PM

He could see the sympathetic look she would give him, death had taken his entire world, and his only companion. "I'm sorry to hear that." He would sigh, just a little. He knew she would only try to make him feel better in that moment. No one could ever replace Kynareth, and it would take him a long time to fully recover from her loss. "I know it's not the same really, but I've just lost one of my nephews. He was still only a child and had been ill for most of his life but it's still hit us all pretty hard." Frith knew very well what it had been like to loose his loved one, though it had only been him to mourn the loss of such an amazing woman. It seemed though, that he could find in her a kindred spirit. She knew loss and was no stranger to the cold hand of death.
Had had felt alone since her death yes, and it hurt him like he never imagined it would. However, he'd been readied for the day. He had been left in adequate condition, but finding another companion was a blessing. "My sympathies for your loss, miss Novella." Fire and ice gaze would focus on her form once again, "Death is not easy." especially when you were alone.

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-02-2014, 07:02 PM

Fortunately Frith would see that Novella was only trying to help him with her comment, expressing his own sadness for her loss and commenting with a very true statement. A soft smile would grace her features once more at her approval of the sentiment. "No, it's not." She agreed but once more however he was probably in a far worse place than see was, so alone in the world now. She of course wouldn't point that out to him, he had perhaps realised it on her own but far too polite to comment otherwise.

They fell into silence once more, Novella wasn't certain what to say to be honest. A curious part of her considered asking what Frith was doing now, all on his own was surely not a nice way to live after all though she could hardly point that out to him and would keep her mouth closed. It seemed especially rude to pry into his life after their current moment of sharing, the peace that fell over them in the quiet would be allowed to remain undisturbed for a little while longer.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-02-2014, 07:50 PM

It was almost sad to say that other than his mother the wolf he knew the best was Novella. He wondered if it was odd to share something so personal with one you didn't know. Her smile would make him feel better, and the corners of his lips would pull up slightly. "No, it's not." It was good for the boy to have someone to lean on, metaphorically of course. He was fine with out physical contact for comfort.
Silence would settle back over the pair, his peace would return. Frith couldn't stay in a heightened emotional state for long, and with a little conversation from Novella he had talked through it rather easily. He couldn't deny that her loss was becoming easy, it just didn't stop him from missing her every day. Fire and ice orbs would again place themselves on the water before the pair, the beauty still apparent underneath the surface. His voice would stay hushed, but he would still have curiosities of the girl who had found her way to his side. "If I may ask, miss Novella." he would start, unable to bridle his brimming questions he still had for her. "Why've you left the pack lands?"

"Speech"

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
07-03-2014, 03:47 AM

It would be Frith who would eventually break the silence and steer them somewhat away from the saddened topic of death. Her gaze too had dropped to the water in the moments of quiet and now her gaze would lift once more to look towards the man as he spoke. Why had she left? It had made sense at the time though probably seemed rather strange to Frith now, she had spoken of how much she enjoyed her pack and family and now here she was in the middle of the night outside of her home with a man she had never even met before.

"I couldn't sleep." Novella replied honestly, there wasn't really any need to lie about it she felt. "I went for a little walk around the pack lands but hit the borders and just sort of kept on going. And here I am now." Here had been good for her. Though the conversation with Frith had brought up those painful thoughts the tranquil shrine had cleared her mind and even sat here now with him she was feeling more relaxed than the restless state she'd been in back at her den in Ludicael.