Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-05-2019, 08:31 PM

The market day had been an excellent event to attend, he had seen many wares that had interested him, and was granted a view of the skill of crafters in the land. Now that he no longer had Dutch as his go-to crafter, and the idea of combat armor had begun to appeal to him, he had approached one of the stalls.

The attendant had agreed to meet him and Zee for fitting in Fern Gully, and he had dragged Zee out of their shared room and outside of the pack lands. He had told her what the meaning of this was, and was excited to get both of them decked out for combat.

It went hand in hand with the training he had started to push her into, with the spars and exercises he encouraged her to do. “What's your preferences?” he would enquire as they walked, wanting to gouge what she hoped for in this well they walked. They had already agreed to a price with the trader, and his buffalo coat was draped over his back, with small bundles of metal tied to it. It was easier than carrying bags in his mouth.

"Speech"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipExplorerOoh La LaWinnerPride - Bisexual
All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
VolcanoCritical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-06-2019, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 01:08 AM by Zeitgeist.)

Zee was still not fully convinced of Sirius' plan. Yes, she'd agreed to undergo some training so that she might be able to defend herself. Though why she should need armor for it she'd never know. The wolves she met never wore armor, only the best and brilliant of the fighters adorned themselves from what she saw. Zee supposed she'd be happy to be placed in the 'best' category however, and so she came along at Sirius' request.

"I'm not sure." She admitted quietly, watching him from the corner of her eye as they walked. "Not something too heavy or bulky or ugly." A small shudder as she imagined armor of metal and hide, haphazardly placed spikes throughout with colors that clashed against her fur. "Something simple and slender, I suppose." She was rather fond of her king-cheetah pelt, the way it's mane came up along her neck looked quite fetching. Perhaps they could seek out another, or find a way to fashion her blanket into something suitably battle-ready. In reality, Zee did not plan to go to battle with her new accessory. What mattered was it looked nice, in her opinion.

"Speech"

Sirius as her husband may crash any of Zee's threads.

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.
During combat, Zee wears a wrapping of thorns around her kudu horns.

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterValentines 2020Treat 2019Promptober 2019
08-06-2019, 08:11 PM
dark mists are cloaking what the eyes can see

Éldi trotted along with a piece of worn deer hide in his mouth full of the items he needed. Behind him trotted Kaler and he wasn't quite sure where Askr was at the moment but no doubt the raven was enjoying a nice flight. He'd been pleased to have earned a commission from the blót. It was recognition of his skills and fueled his desire to improve his craft. This Sirius was an imposing and impressive man and he was curious what the other would request.

He slipped quickly into the gulley, nostrils alert to the other's scent. As a hunter his nose was one of his most crucial senses. There! He caught the scent of the man as well as a woman. Hm, perhaps she needed something as well. He cleared his throat to alert the pair to his presence as he trotted over to them. He set his bundle down and lifted his head to great the couple. "Heil og sæl, Sirius. You look well. Who is this you have with you?" He smiled politely at the woman as Kaler came to rest at his side.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
08-19-2019, 04:58 PM

Sirius had a few ideas for the both of them. He knew that Zee didn’t want anything overly bulky, and nor for that matter did he. “You would look rather nice in something sleek.” Sirius said, crooking an eye towards her as he walked, though he didn’t yet crack a grin. He had a feeling the cheetah coat would be used as a defensive item for Zee. but for Sirius? He didn’t want a coat, he wanted something small and slim, something subtle that he could use as both defense and attack.

“This is Zee, I wish to purchase items for her as well as myself.” he explained to the trader. “We both are uncertain what we desire, and hoped you might have some ideas?” he suggested to the man. He did have some ideas, but he wanted to see what the crafter might suggest first.

"Speech"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
08-20-2019, 01:51 PM

Zee looked to Sirius as he spoke, still thinking upon exactly what accessories she might find herself looking best in. Her thoughts continued to land upon the king cheetah blanket Sirius had gifted her once, and a small smile tugged at her lips at the memory. "For myself, would it be possible to fashion the mostly-intact pelt of a cheetah into some sort of armor?" Her head tilted towards the crafter with curiosity, wondering if he'd be able to help. "As well I'd like an accessory that will work offensively as well, though something that still looks fashionable." Another small smile, this time politely directed towards Eldi. "Something to adorn my legs with, perhaps?"

"Speech"

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

08-23-2019, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2019, 06:55 PM by Éldi.)

Éldi dipped his head in greeting to Zee and looked up as Sirius mentioned that he'd like to purchase items for the woman as well as himself. The viking smiled. He was always happy to have more customers. More customers meant more pay and he had a long, hard winter to prepare for.

We both are uncertain what we desire, and hoped you might have some ideas?

Éldi gazed at the man. "Ideas for? Weaponry? Armor? Home decorations?" He smiled. "I'm afraid you'll at least need to give me a category or perhaps a goal. What is it you want this item to accomplish? Is there someone you seek to woo?"

He turned his focus to the woman as she spoke more clearly on what it was she would like. Éldi nodded thoughtfully. "The cheetah pelt itself could be light armor but I would suggest stitching it over a thicker leather made from buffalo hide. That would serve to protect you a bit more than just the cat skin."

He sat back and thought on her suggestion for weaponry, possibly on her legs. "Well, I am working on something though the measurements are for myself. They are leather gauntlets with metal blades up the back. Perhaps something like that?" He also sought to find a way to craft gauntlets that allowed the user some sort of claw-like ability akin to felines but he didn't have a successful enough prototype to really suggest that he could do it.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-24-2019, 07:24 PM

He has asked Eldi here to fit him for armour, but he supposed his question was terribly vague, especially mere moments into the meeting. He offered the man a smile, and a slight tilt of his head in a bowed apology. “Offensive and defensive wearables” he clarified. “I’m not after home decoration at the moment, but i’ll bare in mind that you can make them” he said, already considering things he could request later on in regards to making their home more comfortable for Zee.

“I like the idea of a blade in the back of something. Is there anything similar to gauntlets you could make, but less intrusive over my feet?” he asked, disliking the idea of encasing his feet entirely. “We agreed on metal and buffalo hide for the price, I can grab an extra hide for the cheetah coat, and what else would request to take on the lady’s commission as well?”

"Speech"

Zeitgeist

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

08-26-2019, 02:37 PM

Zee had no problem leaving the discussion of payment up to her titan. Sirius was much better suited to acquire the goods necessary for trade, and of course she would be willing to help him if he asked her to assist in a hunt. As long as it wasn't for any more blasted feathers, that is. "The cheetah pelt with buffalo hide will do." She agreed, already enjoying the idea of wearing her blanket as battle armor. "Though... gauntlets. They're a bit too masculine for me."

She wrinkled her nose at the thought, wanting something beautiful to wear to compliment her 'fuzzy winter cheetah' pelt. "Would it be possible to do something simple? Perhaps a uh, a wrapping of thorns. But upon something pliable, so that if I want them wrapped around my legs I can do that, but I could put it elsewhere if I desired." The booth at the firefly market had sold her a potion that the salesman proclaimed would grow Zee horns. To be honest she didn't believe it for a second, but... what if? Her head had been hurting lately, after all.

"Speech"

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

08-27-2019, 07:11 PM

Éldi nodded to Sirius with a grin. He'd assumed it would be something related to defense or weaponry but it never hurt to ask. He wasn't the sort to assume. The viking swiftly nodded. "Yes, perhaps something more like bracers that go from the wrist to your elbows? Then you don't need to worry about your paws. The same stand for you miss Zee. I admit I'm still working on the gauntlet design and there are some definite limitations."

Éldi nodded at the mention of the metal and buffalo hide for the price of Sirius' request. However, what would he want in addition for work done for the lady… that was a good question. Before he answered though he wanted to make sure he understood the woman's desires as she didn't seem keen on gauntlets or bracers in a traditional sense.

He nodded. "Certainly. I'd recommend strips of thick, tanned leather that you can wrap around your legs or wherever. I think Askr can fashion some sort of clasp. You'd be able to wrap this around first and then add in the thorns afterward. I may need to make some loops for you to pass the thorns through so that they'll hold and sit atop the leather. If this sounds good to you then I'd like a caribou hide and two interesting human tools."