size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019
08-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Bourbon followed loyally behind the ivory marked woman as she took him home. He’d been a little disappointed when she removed his leash, but he was still content living out his anscestor’s tales. His white and red tail curled over his back happily and he wagged it as they walked along. His bright blue eyes were alert for any danger, and he had honorably protected his Empress from no less than two squirrels on the way home.

Now he felt a little confused, Deathbelle had given him thorough instructions as to what he was supposed to do. This was after she found herself a long wide strip of leather, and working together with her tiny lemur the two had managed to wrap a huge bow around the dog’s neck. He wore the gift proudly, and with his head held high and his long haired tail wagging he made his way to Lucretia’s space.

The collie cleared his throat softly before pausing and peering at the entrance. This was it, his new master lay beyond the threshold. Softly the dog padded forward, having been told that the Lady was likely asleep. With floppy ears perked he listened for her even breathing. Softly the dog would settle himself beside her, having strict orders not to disturb her sleep. He curled into an unassuming ball, making sure the bow was easy to see, laid his head on his paws and settled in to wait.
Hello, my name is BOURBON
I belong to Lucretia Maxima Klein
If Found Please Return to Ashen

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Lucretia was sleeping restlessly. Sirius and Belle had gone to the market, and she was using the precious alone time to rest. Although she had felt pressed to follow Belle to the market, there was a strange air between her and Sirius and she felt as if they could use the alone time to sort some things out. They had better, by the time the pups arrived.

As she dreamed, she kicked in her sleep. Her eyelids fluttered and she muttered quietly to herself, strange unintelligible sounds. Tension written clearly all across her body. Luce didn't wake as Bourbon stepped quietly into the side chamber that was her temporary residence in Deathbelle's den. His softly furred paws were almost whisper quiet on the stone, granting him the stealthy approach that his breed was made for. As he laid next to her, warmth suffused her body on that side and she finally began to still. For a blissful few moments, Lucretia slept soundly for the first time since she had deduced Belle's pregnancy.

Once his strange scent wafted to her nose, Lucretia started awake. "ah! who are you?" she sputtered, springing to her paws like a startled cat. Her tail arched above her back and she stared him down in a fit of dominance. Who had let him this far past the pack borders?! Were their patrols so useless? After a moment, she realized that the strange little thing stank of Deathbelle and her lemur. He was outfitted with an odd little... bow? Amusement flashed in her eyes and her tail dropped and inch but still remained high. "well? what do you have to say for yourself?"

"lucretia mutters..."

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

08-11-2019, 06:03 PM
He hadn’t seen many, let alone wolves, sleep so fitfully, but as the red marked collie lay beside her he swore that she stilled completely. A soft smile tugged at his lips before the peace was suddenly shattered and Lucretia stood before him, much more than annoyed. He whined softly as she confronted him, and he lowered his head submissively. For a moment Bourbon debated about showing her his belly, but she seemed to finally see the huge bow on his neck and at least recognize her sister’s scent upon him.

She addressed him more directly, her eyes a bit less harsh than they had been. ”Lady Lucretia, my most humble apologies.” He offered quietly as he shifted himself into a low bow. ”Her Royal Highness’s command was not to wake you.” His ears pinned back and his icy blue gaze remained on the floor. ”She sends me as a gift to her sister who is most dear.” He didn’t lift himself from his bow, but awaited his mistress’s next command.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-11-2019, 06:38 PM
For a moment, Lucretia felt incredibly guilty. She had assumed that Belle was so wrapped up in her pregnancy that she hadn't thought of her poor old sister much. It was in her nature to be self-involved, so Luce didn't begrudge her any of the fancies she'd had - particularly her strange relationship with the males that seemed to orbit her. Belle's comfort was her first priority, and Luce was surprised and charmed that her sister had considered her own needs for a moment.

A present? The male was most queer. He was infinitely smaller than her, which was quite endearing... and his loyalty seemed absolute. She wasn't entirely sure what species he was - his feathered tail and soft ears belied some strange lineage. Research would have to be done. There had been no such citizens like this in the former Klein Empire, that was for sure. The Empress must have procured him because of his oddity, knowing that her sister would be charmed by the strangeness.

Fixing herself with a bemused smile, she paced a circle around him before inclining her head. "a gift? well... do you have skills? she inquired, her tail wavering in a cautious wag above her head. While Deathbelle may have thought him attractive, Lucretia tried not to pay much mind to things (although he was fabulously cute). What really mattered was how he might serve her. The pack was about to become much more crowded. It wasn't like Deathbelle to attend something like a market day and bring back only gifts for other wolves. If a slave had been bequeathed to her, surely Deathbelle had two or three more or her own coming to reside in Ashen.

Ah well. It would all be dealt with in time.

"lucretia mutters..."

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

08-11-2019, 07:08 PM
He cautioned a glance up towards her charcoal marked face, he could see her own ivory tail wag lightly. He couldn’t help it when his own started to wave back and forth. The long fur waved slowly at his hips. She circled him, and Bourbon remained where he was bowed as though she was still in front of him. Luce questioned him as she looked him over, curious about any use she might get out of him. ”Hunting, your grace. Also a tiny bit of herbology.” He thought the second might more heavily interest her. Even here in a temporary residence she had an assortment of plants all over. They could have been collected of Deathbelle’s but.. ”I can be capable in whatever you need of me.”

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-11-2019, 07:55 PM
Truthfully, while the Kleins had always kept slaves and servants in some capacity, Lucretia had always found the practice vaguely distasteful. It was a holdover from times gone by, and in her own opinion did nothing but sow resentment between the slave and its captors. Bourbon interested her in that his fealty seemed freely given. In fact, judging by the sway of his tail and eager glint to his eye, this sort of arrangement almost made him... happy? Stranger and stranger.

Lucretia winced all of a sudden, overcome with a fierce twinge in her forehead. Headaches had been plaguing her since the Firefly Festival. She squinted at one with one eye, turning away from the dim light of the den entrance. "if you are handy with herbs, why don't you put together something to help a headache? if it works, I will accept you as my... assistant." Companion? Helper? She would have to work out the details later. Idly, she wondered how her raccoon, Feverfew, would take to another presence in Lucretia's den. There was time yet to work out sleeping arrangements, though.

"lucretia mutters..."

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

08-11-2019, 08:17 PM
Bourbon performed much better with structure, discipline, and clear orders in his life. He wasn’t completely satisfied with how Empress Belle had thrown him to the wolves so to speak in meeting his new mistress, but he was just happy for someone to call him their own. He missed his family, and hoped they didn’t worry about him too much. He was living his pup hood dream. He already liked Lucretia more than her sister. She was a no nonsense kind of woman. She got right down to it, and didn’t seem to hold a grudge though he’d startled her awake.

He pulled himself from his bow finally as he caught a glimpse of her wincing painfully. She was quick to address him and his concerns. Assistant is not the words Deathbelle used, but he wouldn’t make a complaint as he moved to inspect her collection. As soon as he found some Valerian root he grabbed it, it was hard to tell a species by its root but he always trusted his nose. Delicately the collie prepared the root for his mistress and offered the finished product to her.

”Valerian root to help your headache, mistress.” He lowered his body to the ground, ears pinned and head on his paws in front of his offering.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-12-2019, 06:04 PM
His air of utter submission soothed her. He did have the air of rankled oppression that other slaves did, even if they did their best to conceal it. And unlike Sirius, he didn't seem like he would disobey a command - although it was early still in their... relationship. Whatever this was. He was quick, though, to decipher her needs and offer her valerian. What a good boy.

Smiling greatfully, Lucretia accepted the herb and began to gnaw on it with gusto. Once she felt the pain in her head begin to lessen just a pinch, she sighed happily. The bow around his neck was rather attractive in a kitschy way; she didn't quite see a reason yet to remove it. Luce realized that he wouldn't get up from his current position unless commanded to. As a test, she slipped deeper into the cave without calling him off and helped herself to a long, cool drink of water. She waited a beat or two, then trotted back to the main chamber. "well, I'm awake now. do you fancy a walk? you can't be that well acquainted with the territory yet."

"lucretia mutters..."

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

08-12-2019, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 06:41 PM by Bourbon.)
Simply being in his mistress’s presence was enough to keep him content, even if she was quiet in his success. Lucretia took his offered root without correction at least, and she would sigh happily as it took effect. ”You’re feeling better, Lady Lucretia?” He visibly perked and wagged his tail softly at the success. Bright blue eyes watched her as she moved from his presence to a small spring deep within the rock. He could see even more clearly now why the Empress chose this place to settle.

He lifted his head, but remained on the cave floor as she made her way back to his form. At the word ‘walk’ he felt a deep instinct stirred within him and his tail wagged faster at his haunches and he tried to keep his excitement contained. ”Yes, Mistress. I would love a walk.” He answered her while remaining calm. An odd response, but not completely unwelcome.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-12-2019, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 06:59 PM by Lucretia.)
"ah... good, then. a walk it is!" she announced, stretching out her limbs carefully after her impromptu nap. It would be good to get her blood circulating again. "no need to call me mistress. lady lucretia or lady will suffice," Luce added decisively. She wasn't a fan of the pomp and circumstance of slavery - and again, this strange male seemed to give himself to her freely. What a concept. Luce liked his attitude; more wolves in Ashen should have such allegiance.

"why don't we go to my den? you may choose your quarters." Without further ado, after another vigorous stretch, she jogged out of the Empress' palace and into the sunlight. The cool autumn air rushed into her nose, alighting her senses. It was a gorgeous day for a stroll. Motioning for Bourbon, Luce began her ascent of the ravine, scrambling for purchase in some places and swiftly scampering upwards in others. Although her den was cleverly chosen, it was its own sort of pen for the puppies for the time being. It was likely they wouldn't be able to make their way out of the ravine without help for some months yet.

"lucretia mutters..."

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

08-12-2019, 07:34 PM
Bourbon felt his ears pull back as she decided on how he should address her. The collie nodded once as she stretched, ”yes, my Lady.” He would call her whatever she pleased, Bourbon still felt the excitement of this turn of fate. He felt like he had found his purpose, and he felt himself looking forward to serving his master. ”This is not your den?” He asked curiously, wondering how she might take such bold questioning from him. It wasn't so deep he pried, but was a good test.

He followed after her as she motioned for him, having gotten a head start the dog didn’t hesitate to sprint forward and out into the sunlight. He felt himself let a little too loose as his tongue lolled from his mouth and his tail wagged majestically at his hips. His bright blue eyes sparkled as he kept up with Lucretia. His gait was not as fast but he had plenty of energy to lope along beside her for as long as she wished to walk. Though he knew the den would arrive sooner than he liked.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Luce considered his question. "no, I have taken up residence with my sister in preparation for her litter. did you not notice she is heavily pregnant?" she laughed quietly. The strange male was certainly more observant than that, but perhaps he had found it polite not to mention the Empress' current condition. No matter. Luce would have to teach him that playing coy with her would not do, and truthfully, she could use a confidant. There weren't many Kleins that she could (politely) mock Deathbelle with, and she could use that kind of release.

Lucretia loved and respected her sister and Empress, but everyone needed a break from their Great and Benevolent Overlords every once and a while. In fact, she was sure that Belle herself had caught on to the fact in giving her this... present. "my den overlooks a small lake, which then overlooks a much larger lake... do you like to swim?" she asked curiously. It would take some time to get to know each other; that kind of thing always seemed to be an awkward social dance in which she never knew the next steps. Once they managed to assail the ravine, she took a deep breath of cool autumn air. The trees had begun to change and the scrubby bushes and grass all had a golden tinge.

"you are clearly not a wolf. what, exactly, are you?" The question may have seemed rude and obtuse, but she was coming from a purely scientific perspective. Hopefully he knew, otherwise they'd both be at a loss.

"lucretia mutters..."

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

08-13-2019, 09:27 AM
He wasn’t sure that he was supposed to answer th eLady back, the Empress’s condition was obvious to any onlooker, and the smell of pregnancy smothered everything around her. He decided to chance it, ”Her condition is hard to miss, your grace.” He told her through a bit of panting as they continued onward. Ashen was a big pack and Bourbon would never complain about a long walk. ”I do,” he answered her second question. He didn't expect to be given much free time to himself though, he belonged to Lucretia and his time was never his own. ”Do you enjoy the activity, Lady Lucretia?” He returned her question, wondering if it might be something he could enjoy with her.

The pair reached the crest of the ravine and bright blue eyes memorized the place, the rest of the ravine was near unscalable. He caught his mistress’s eye as she stated the obvious about his lineage, and asked what he was to be precise. Bourbon wondered if he would cross the line if he chuckled at the question. ”I am a border collie, your grace. A dog.” He told her quite proudly. ”The legend is that if you follow my lineage back far enough we started as wolves. Generations of breeding, and working with the hu’mn primates we became the collie. I am a hunter and a shepherd bred to work with a master.” His family considered themselves free of such a title anymore, but Bourbon had always dreamed of the old days. This was as close as he might get.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-13-2019, 02:40 PM
"I do enjoy swimming," she replied. It was one of the most complete exercises she had found. There was nothing like a vigorous swim for full-body exercise! "perhaps we may swim this evening." Now that Deathbelle was accounted for for the time being, this was the most free time she had had in a while. A good swim would be just the thing to help her out of this funk. The strange claustrophobia of the nightmare was still hanging thickly around her, although Bourbon's bright attitude was helping.

"a border collie..." she mused. Since coming to Boreas, she had heard and seen evidence of the strange species that once populated this area in a time before time. Wherever he came from, it seemed that they took these legends to heart. "so, you enjoy work, yes? you find it fulfilling?" Luce queried. A slave without resentment. A servant without the crushing guilt of the master. She could get used to this. The Shamyn smiled to herself as they made strides across the pack lands, heading in the direction of her den.

"lucretia mutters..."

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

08-13-2019, 03:01 PM
He wagged his tail eagerly as she mentioned a swim this evening, his floppy ears perked in answer as well. She already was easily using the term ‘we’ and he knew that she was considering him her partner, just like he wished of her. Of course he had no right to ask anything of his mistress, but if she happened to act just as he hoped it was a bonus for the dog. Bourbon explained himself briefly and she mused on his words as they walked.

”Yes, my Lady. I would walk to the ends of the earth if you asked it of me.” He pledged honestly as he tried to catch her eye to instill how serious he took his duty to her. ”Since I was a puppy, I’ve dreamed of the old ways, and having a.. partner to work alongside.” He knew this wasn’t the same thing, he was her slave he had no choice in the matter. He didn’t hold any qualm with this however, he was bred to be a tool and that was when he was happiest. Their relationship only just started, but Bourbon already held a fondness for his mistress.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-14-2019, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2019, 07:51 PM by Lucretia.)
The old ways. She supposed, in a way, Ashen was Deathbelle's love letter to the Klein Empire. They were all yearning for their own old ways, whatever they may be. Bourbon had seemed to find his place in the world and was content with his lot. Wasn't she content with hers? And yet there was always a nervous energy about her, ever searching for something more. To be Shamyn was her greatest goal, wasn't it? The health of the pack weighed heavy on her heart and mind.

His earnest response to her question caught her off guard. Instead of confronting it, she chose to ignore it. The idea frightened her. It was an alarming amount of power that he was granting her over his mortal body. She was a healer, yes - a steward, maybe. Lucretia could not tell if he was asking her to protect him or swearing down his own life before her. Either way, she was wary.

After some time walking, they arrived at her den. The brisk exercise felt good in her sore limbs. She had spent almost as much time as Deathbelle curled up in the palace. Upon entering the den, the air seemed stale. It had been a while since she'd been in residence. "this, I suppose, will be your home," she said tentatively, wishing that the air wasn't stagnant and the ground a bit tidier. "feel free to choose your quarters, there are plenty of nooks and crannies. try to avoid anywhere that smells too strongly of raccoon," she cautioned with a smile. Feverfew was lurking about somewhere, Luce was sure of it.

"lucretia mutters..."

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

08-14-2019, 08:20 PM
He wasn’t sure if what he said had upset his mistress so the collie remained silent the rest of their walk. There was plenty to see, and he tried to memorize the path from the palace to Lucretia’s den at the lake. He slowed as the pair of them came upon the healer’s den. Bourbon’s bright blue eyes looked it over, remembering her saying earlier that she had been staying within her sister’s quarters. Luce went on to tell him that he could sleep wherever he wished, and to take an alcove of his own.

He hadn’t missed the shift in her sleeping when he’d curled up near her, and he wondered if he might repeat the experience. She looked like she needed a long deep sleep. ”Raccoon?” Bourbon asked his mistress as he followed her inside and looked around the den trying to decide his preferred space. ”Where do you sleep, Lady Lucretia?” He asked quietly, again pushing the bounds of his personal questions.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-15-2019, 09:15 PM
"yes, raccoon," Luce laughed. "my companion and assistant, Feverfew, also shares these quarters. She is a pure white raccoon and very, ah, particular." Just like me, she thought idly. Luce and her raccoon had a polite, chummy relationship, but it was rare that they exchanged words. They both liked it that way. In fact, the more they chatted, the more Luce realized that she didn't speak freely with anyone but her sister and Empress, Deathbelle. While she shared a mutual respect with the rest of her siblings, none of them were half as close to her as her sister.

Perhaps that was why she had found Bourbon for her. Luce smiled to herself at the thought. "I sleep further in," she replied, heading deeper into the den. While Deathbelle's palace had taller ceilings and more pronounced chambers, Luce's holdings were much narrower with far more small, seemingly useless nooks and crannies. They made excellent places for drying and storing herbs. The den was composed of primarily three chambers: an anteroom, which had some of her most used herbs and served as an examination space, followed by her primary storage space. This area was wide with low ceilings and dozens of pocket-sized recesses, many of which were stuffed were rarer herbs. The final interior chamber was sunken into the ground by about half a foot. Its basin was filled with a few inches of water, and in the center rose a flat flagstone that was covered in mosses, furs, and bits of herbs. It had a decidedly medicinal smell. The chamber was cold, in part due to the ground-spring water, but it kept the air wet in the summertime and alleviated her allergies. They hadn't wintered here yet, but she expected that it would freeze come wintertime. "I may have to move my sleeping area come winter, but the water keeps moisture in the air and helps me sleep."

She hopped down into the recessed area and padded through the cold water towards her small nest. It was hardly big enough to accommodate another wolf, but a small little dog might just fit.

"lucretia mutters..."

Bourbon

Loner

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Vail

08-18-2019, 05:26 PM
Bourbon wasn’t much a fan of raccoons, they were more fun to chase than they were to make friends with. Bitey little thieves is what they were, but the dog wouldn’t express any of those opinions as he was given the coon’s name and what she looked like. He just nodded politely as she told him where she slept before leading him in that direction. He followed behind, tail level with his ankles and his tongue panting slightly as he took in the homey den.

Little crevices for herbs were everywhere, and he could smell all the different herbs in their varying states as he walked. Bourbon was shown his mistress’s chambers, an odd little alcove surrounded by shallow spring water. The dog tilted his head as he peered at her nest curiously. As she spoke he was brought back to her unconscious movements earlier, her fitful sleep until he walked in and lay beside her. Would she welcome him beside her there?

”Sleeping next to ice might not be the best choice,” he advised while not adding what he wanted to say. He watched her walk across the water, and Bourbon kept his diamond gaze upon her. He’d wait for her to ask for his presence, while not looking too hopeful. With perked tail and expectant ears he tilted his head and waited for her command to be dismissed or invited.

Lucretia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-18-2019, 05:49 PM
Lucretia nodded and rolled her shoulders. She hadn't thought about the repercussions of picking this chamber come the colder weather, but during the summertime it gave her blessed relief. "no, I suppose not. where do you suggest I sleep?" she countered. His initial intrusion, while surprising, had turned out to be a welcome one. Luce was too proud to admit that she would enjoy sleeping by his side, so she left the opportunity open for him to speak his piece.

"will you help me restore some of my stocks before winter arrives? I could use some more of the common herbs before the chill withers them - marigold, boneset, and the like..." They could figure out their sleeping arrangements once her duty was done. Work always came first.

"lucretia mutters..."