Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-14-2019, 08:12 PM

Heloise called into the air, her spar with Acere done and after a day of resting she was raring to go again. she didn't know who would answer her and did not care. slowly but surely, the fruits of her labor had yielded results. she was getting used to combat, even if they were just spars, and her muscles no longer ached for release against opponents. she could hear someone approach, though her focus was entirely on breathing exercises right now. her eyes were closed, her chest heaving and residing. the bear's claws had wounded her shoulder, though the blood had stilled and her aches were almost nonexistent. it would take some time to heal but she was confident the exercise would do better for her recovery than sitting about in her den.

ooc; friendly spar, companions used. 2 rounds good for you?

"SPEECH"

art + code by Kara
[Image: sgvfyko2_o.gif]
heloise has a male gyrfalcon named kresnik with a fifty-inch wingspan
always assume he is in threads nearby and in battles with her
as her love acere praetor is allowed in any of her threads regardless of tag

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-14-2019, 08:57 PM
i may not have a dime

With Shaye and Rhyme occupied with Motif's disappearance, Theory had no one to unleash her distress on. She had taken the opportunity to take a jaunt outside of Abaven's borders. Maybe there was another way to work out her stress. Boreas' Battlefield was infamous for scrapping of all types, and Theory could feel a nervous energy brewing within her. A spar might be just the thing, especially if she couldn't vent her frustrations to Shaye. Poem was distraught enough without taking on any additional worry. Theo would have hated to trouble her. Alouette flew high overhead, watching Theory with a careful eye.

Upon arrival, she spotted a medium sized, pure white female. She must have sent out the call that Theory answered. "So... um, we fight now?" Theo asked. This wasn't like sparring with Thalia. She couldn't pull one over on an adult, much less a stranger. Her nervousness was written clearly in her posture and tone of voice. Awkwardly, Theory slipped into a fighting crouch and began to stalk around Heloise. Trying to remember what Shaye had taught her, she tucked her chin close to her neck to protect her throat... but then how was she supposed to attack? Frustrated, Theory lunged forward to nip uncertainly at Heloise's front legs. Lou cawed from above, not sure what to make of Theory's choice.

Theory Cavaliere-Destruction vs Heloise for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Companion 1: Alouette - flying
Fight Skill Level: Intermediate

ooc sounds perf!

"theory speaks!"

but i got street savoire faire

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-15-2019, 12:27 AM

to her surprise, a young girl would answer. though it looked like she was nearly yearling age, her size was already quite large. she seemed uncertain about being here, and the alabaster woman attempted to smile reassuringly to her eagerness. even if she was a child, she was still a worthy opponent. she would be treated with the respect she deserved. "yes, we fight now" came Heloise's reply, dropping into a defensive stance herself. there was another bird - Kresnik had taken to the sky from a low hanging branch - with the girl. a familiar. Thoren's words echoed in her ears. many had birds in this land, and she wondered why they had taken a shine to the avians.

but there was no point dwelling on it. the fight had already begun. after some consideration, that is. the girl would lunge at Heloise, who backed away quickly to avoid them. she'd turn on the spot - pivot really - and throw her body against the girl's side. hoping to wind her, or stun her. her head was at the girl's rear by now, her own rear exposed to the jaws of the girl. this was a friendly spar, though, so Heloise felt no shame in showing a bit of an opening. if anything, it would boost the girl's confidence in herself if she got some attacks in. the alabaster woman hoped for this; it had taken courage to face an older opponent. but hesitation in a real fight would be the girl's downfall.

Round 1/2
Size: Medium
Build: Light
Companion 1: Gyrfalcon (Kresnik) - battle
Fight Skill Level: Expert

"SPEECH"

art + code by Kara

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

08-16-2019, 05:13 PM
i may not have a dime

Heloise was quick on the uptake. It was clear that the while female was far more experienced than she was, as evidenced by the scars on her face. Theory stumbled as Hel neatly stepped out of range, folding her ears back in frustration and embarrassment. How foolish did she look? Theo grumbled to herself, but was quickly brought back to reality as Heloise swung into her. Luckily, she had a size advantage on the white female and managed to keep on her paws, although she swayed on her toes for a moment.

Slowly, she realized just how handy it was to have a height advantage on your opponent. Theo's brain worked to put a strategy together when Hel's rump presented itself in front of her nose. She eyed the long, fluffy tail as she flicked her own bunny-sized tail tuft towards the sky. Aha! Alouette cawed from the skies in approval as Theory went after Heloise's tail, trying to clamp her jaws down near its base. She was less tentative with her movements than she would have been with Poem. The sisters were so careful not to hurt each other, but she figured that the other wolf was expecting a real fight, not puppy playtime.

Round 2/2
Companion 1: Alouette - flying

"theory speaks!"

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-16-2019, 06:01 PM

she knew by now that pure strength and height did not always win a battle. just as all that was important, so too was wits. as the girl formulated her own plan, Heloise's battle-hardened mind was already working on possibilities. the girl went for her tail, and the alabaster woman went to bite her larger back limb. jaws tried to clamp down on the girl's left back leg, attempting to yank it out from under her. if the larger wolf stumbled, she'd have more of an advantage. she ignored the pain in her tail as the other bit down - nothing had been as painful as being ranked with bear claws.

Kresnik, however, dove to the front of the girl's sight. he squawked and tried to claw at her snout for her to let go of his mistress. the gyrfalcon did not want to go deep or inflict lasting damage; so he avoided the eyes and focused on the mouth. he did keep one eye open if the girl's bird did happen to enter the ring though. soon, the spar would end and one would emerge victorious. but this was just a playful fight, nothing like a maim or a death threat. Heloise never did have any brothers or sisters to play with as a child compared to Theory though.

she made her own fun, trained on her own time and did what needed to be done. the wool had been pulled from her eyes once, and she was not going to underestimate this child because of her age.

Round 2/2

"SPEECH"

art + code by Kara

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
08-19-2019, 07:04 PM

And the winner is...

HELOISE
THEORY must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Theory: 169.39
Heloise: 229.44

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

08-19-2019, 08:01 PM
i may not have a dime

Panting, Theory rolled over and submitted. The older female had bested her, like she'd expected. This wouldn't do at all if she was going to be able to protect Abaven. After a moment, making sure Heloise understood her surrender, Theory sprung to her paws. "Please... I need to try again," she asked, desperation creeping into her voice. "I need to be stronger." She had to be, there was no question about it. The new puppies were relying on her. Shaye was relying on her.

"Can you help me? Can you teach me?" Theo begged. The austere woman seemed like she was extremely experienced, and it helped to spar with wolves who weren't part of your family. Sometimes she felt like Shaye and Poem went too easy on her, and Rhyme would barely even touch her. She would have to seek out other opponents as well, and this seemed like a good start.

"theory speaks!"

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-19-2019, 09:52 PM

after the last attack, the girl would roll over and submit. Heloise paused over her before the other jumped to all fours and begged her for more. a brow would raise, though inside she was quite impressed by the girl's spunky attitude and will to learn. "first, I ask your name" the alabaster woman requested calmly with a nod before continuing on "then I ask why. you must have others to teach you in your pack?" the scent of them was strong, reminding her of Rhyme. so she must be from Abaven.

having a soft spoke for children, the woman would wait patiently for the girl's answer. she was not equipped to say 'no' or deny her will to learn. but Heloise wanted to gauge her commitment. fighting was not for everyone. even she struggled at times to win against much larger wolves. the few fights she had won were nothing to brag about. surely the girl had better teachers? ones within her pack would be better suited to it. they could be exposed to the girl all the time. meanwhile, Heloise had to trek all the way here for a spar.

"SPEECH"

art + code by Kara

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

08-21-2019, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2019, 10:28 AM by Theory.)
i may not have a dime

"My name is Theory," she offered freely, still looking at Heloise hopefully. There were others to teach her, sure, but her primary instructors were preoccupied. Shaye was raising Vail's litter while Rhyme and Poem searched for Motif. There had been talk of assigning her a mentor, but nothing had come of it yet. "Everyone is... busy," she said carefully, unsure if it was okay to go talking about pack troubles with strangers. Heloise had a kind face, though, and she felt like she could trust her.

"Our healer passed away recently after giving birth, so my primary teachers are caught up raising the new litter. One of my siblings has gone missing, so my other two spar partners are looking for her." It sounded worse when she laid it all out like that. "And one day, I'm going to lead Abaven. So I need to be strong. Please... let's go again?" She asked earnestly, giving Heloise a fraught little smile. Theo had been working so hard to look past the bad things, but when she said it out loud like this, it sounded really tragic.

"theory speaks!"

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-21-2019, 12:49 PM

she felt her eyes close in sympathy at the girl's plight, though was thankful she had a reason besides 'getting stronger'. it was tragic Theory had to seek out teachers to better herself outside of her friends and family. but then again, Heloise had done the same. "I am sorry to hear" she said carefully, polite sympathy given. she was Winterfell; not Abaven, and therefore could not do anything else for the girl except spar with her. "of course, but I do not know how I can teach you. I have never taught before. but leading a pack... is not just strength of body. you must sharpen your mind."

unknowingly she had met the previous alpha, Rhyme, at the festival. but she could put two and two together now. if Theory was heir, then her same scent in Rhyme... he must have had a position of power as well. "I am Heloise, of Winterfell" she squared her shoulders proudly before dropping into a fighting stance. "I will go first. prepare yourself, Theory of Abaven." with nary a second more wasted, she'd lunge at the girl. Heloise snapped her jaws, aiming for her fluffy neck in a bold attempt to startle the girl into action. she wanted to see her reflexes, her decision making... how would the girl with little experience do when faced with a head-on collision?

Round 1/2

"SPEECH"

art + code by Kara

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

08-21-2019, 01:42 PM
i may not have a dime

Heloise's straightforward approach surprised her. Theory jumped to the left, but she wasn't quick enough. The white wolf skimmed by her neck and caught hold of her left shoulder with her teeth. The smaller wolf grunted in surprise, and for a moment she didn't move at all. Stupid, stupid... Theo wrenched hard away from Heloise's grasp, trying to free her body. It felt so helpless, but if she had any hope of protecting her pack and family, she would have to overcome.

Turning her jaw towards whatever she could grasp, Theory tried to sink her own teeth into Heloise's back right thigh. Her fur wasn't as thick there, maybe she could get real purchase in the skin. Blood had begun to well from Heloise's hold on her shoulder and it stung fiercely. No wonder Poem and Rhyme had always been careful with her when they sparred.

Round 1/2
Companion 1: Alouette - raven - perception

"theory speaks!"

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-21-2019, 03:24 PM

she made contact, and it was clear to see by her closeness with Theory that she had been shocked by her frontal assault. the girl tried to yank away as her jaws closed around her shoulder, drawing blood. of course she felt bad for turning her teeth on a child, but Heloise was also quite a firm believer in hands-on learning. she would not disrespect the girl's desire to improve herself for the sake of others. protecting an ideal was noble. she would never think to take that away from the girl. it was important for Abaven's future.

Theory did go for something though. her thigh was bit into and blood began to show, but Heloise swung her body more so to smack into the girl's side - especially her jaws. smarting teeth was never  fun and though Theory's jaws were in her thigh, the alabaster woman ignored it in favor of brusing her opponent. her hold on her shoulder never wavered; experience taught her to hold on but she would not let the girl do it to her. hoping to dislodge her from her thigh, she waited for an opportunity to strike.

Round 2/2

"SPEECH"

art + code by Kara

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

08-22-2019, 07:45 PM
i may not have a dime

Heloise's attempt to swing her weight into Theory's jaw backfired. She had kept her hold elastic, and instead she simply moved with the older white female's bodyweight. They were locked in a strange dance; from above, they surely looked like a yin and yang symbol. Alouette cawed, congratulating Theory on a strategic move. The two females wrestled each other into a circle, neither breaking hold. Blood dribbled and welled at both of their points of contact.

The pain scared her, but she was grateful that Heloise was giving her a real fight, just like she'd asked. It filled her with incredible adrenaline. She was filled with a deep respect for the older white female and she hoped that when they were through, perhaps she could arrange a diplomatic visit to the Northern pack.

Round 2/2
Companion 1: Alouette - raven - perception

"theory speaks!"

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
08-23-2019, 03:02 PM

And the winner is...

HELOISE
THEORY must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Heloise: 280.14
Theory: 126.68

Heloise

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-23-2019, 04:19 PM

though her swing did not do the job, Heloise felt a win in her pocket. she broke away from Theory, ending their sparring lesson adruptly. she did not want to overwhelm the girl; that was enough for now. she best head back before she was missing. evening had come over the land and she also had to get back to Winterfell. that was a long trek back north. "enough" she said softly as she turned to face the girl. there was a smile upon her lips. "you fought well. but too much would not do any of us good." her hind leg smarted and she had a few scratches, but otherwise she was fine.

she would live. so would Theory. "it was an honor to spar with you, and I would like to again." she added in formally, dipping her head to the girl. she hoped the other wasn't offended she broke off their spar though. Heloise worried the girl was pushing herself past her limitations. Abaven was a bit far off, and she wanted to make sure she got home safely too. it wouldn't do anyone good if the girl was too exhausted to walk and had to sleep here tonight. though Heloise would insist on staying with her. she wasn't going to let a child walk around a battlefield for long, let alone sleep here.

"SPEECH"

art + code by Kara