gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Heloise
08-16-2019, 05:23 PM

the autumn moon hung in the air like a big block of cheese, and though she didn't know what cheese was that's basically what it looked like. Willoughby was alone - she seemed to always be alone lately - and wandering this slice of paradise. even at night, she could see the various flowers that graced the landscape. she bounced on her paws before running forward across the field, a soft giggle escaping her jaws. if she ever was to find a 'home' for herself in Boreas, she'd like this place to be it. it was a lovely place to walk around and do nearly nothing in. she called out in laughter, whooping as she ran across the cool earth.

the aroma of the foliage was intoxicating and her head swam with possibilities as she breathed deep. maybe she would collect some herbs and drop them at the nearest pack. Bee didn't doubt they couldn't tend to that themselves, but she just wanted to help. besides, how much would she really help if she didn't even know the names of some of them? she could pick up something poisonous for all she knew. the woman only knew the name of flowers - not herbs. she could tell a weed from a flower, but all were precious. all part of the ecosystem anyway.

Bee would stop at the edge of this land, panting heavily. she was, again, alone. with no pack or pack mates, loner life was pretty lonely. longing for some company, she'd lift her head and howl at the goddess moon. maybe someone would heed her call? maybe not.

"Speech"
1/3 navigation
0/3 met someone new

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
09-01-2019, 07:17 PM

Cannival was on her way back from the market in the weeping woods headed towards the southern continent home. At least, she used to call it home. The lioness had been a part of too many packs now, first Abaven then Risen and now to live with the vikings for the winter season. Rain would surely be upset, but she needed to rescue Ramish. Surely a wolf as honorable and good as the healer would see her need for the temporary absence- she could only hope they wouldn't be angry at her. She'd need to extend her stay at Risen past when she'd planned to make up for the lost time, and maybe return with many herbs and food to fill their stores for the winter to come.

A howl rung out and Cannival's head lifted. The sound was friendly and welcoming and the lioness blinked up at the moon, wondering what the cause of the wolf's haunting song might be. A detour wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

Cannival caught the sight of the female who'd called, finding it easy with her advanced ability to see in the dark. She didn't want to spook her however - a cat creeping up on a wolf in the dark was something that could cause many to freak out - so she called out well aware of time. "Good evening, miss!"  Her greeting came out light and pleasant and she wandered closer still.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Willoughby

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Heloise
09-02-2019, 12:08 PM

“good evening, miss!”

Bee didn’t turn, she didn’t even start. Her back was to the lion and though she could pick up the unfamiliar scent of the beast, she took her time to turn. It had to be a minute or so before she twisted around, spotting the other female but of a different species. She had never seen a lion before; only heard about them, to be honest. Since it was a female it lacked a mane, so she was briefly confused on what it even was. “oh, hello” though it didn’t stop her from being courteous though. Her whimsical tone was friendly enough. There was no fear in her eyes as she looked at the curious being. “yes, it is quite a good evening, isn’t it?”

The Fern Gully was such a lovely little place. It was full of various plants that she could smell. But in the winter, the land would become barren. She’d seen it happen before. If she was a healer, she might have needed to gather out of necessity but that wasn’t where her strength lay. She liked to travel and learn different things. Especially cultures and the like. Turning her whole body to face the lioness, she would smile dreamily. “why, you are such a darling creature… I have never seen a lion before – that is what you are, correct?” her head tilted to the side. She would hate to make the mistake of guessing someone’s species only to be wrong. She wasn’t worried about looking like a fool; she was worried about insulting the other’s identity.

"Speech"
2/3 navigation
1/3 met someone new

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
09-12-2019, 11:29 PM

The wolf returned her greeting as politely as Cannival had ever heard and the lioness' head cocked in slight confusion. She let a smile come over her face, pleased with the strange wolf's friendly oddity. "I am a lioness indeed."  She responded, her tail flicking lazily behind her. "I mean no harm however, I only came to compliment your beautiful song." It was true she'd heard many a wolf's howl and it never became less awe-inspiring. If only a lion's roar could be as mysterious and beautiful then Canni might sing along with her.

"I'd bet the moon is wonderful company."  She continued, looking up at it's bright light. The air felt crisp and clear, the slight chill of night welcome on her warm skin. The days were quickly turning colder and winter was upon them, and Canni had a feeling that once winter did fall she would appreciate the nighttime air much less.

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Willoughby

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Heloise
09-14-2019, 11:20 AM

"oh?" Willoughby felt herself giggling, pleased that she hadn't bothered anyone with her howls. she only wanted some company, and had gotten it. though some wolves wouldn't bother with what they called 'lesser species', she was above that. she didn't look down on anyone. she looked at them all equally. the other female confirmed she was in fact a lion, causing the greenette to walk a bit closer to view her. "well, I'm quite happy someone enjoyed them. do lions sing, though? you are quite welcome to join in."

Willoughby gave a nod, smiling up at the moon. it was a constant theme in a wolf's life. howling at it. calling to it. enjoying the company on the road. for the greenette, the moon was a She. the sun was He. they were lovers, torn apart by their duties and never seemed able to meet each other. it would be perfect to have a rendezvous here at the gully though. the scent of foliage was only as beautiful as looking upon it. even during this night, she could hear the skitters of small animals making their own life and routine. "the moon is like an old friend, though I always lean toward making new ones. my name is Willoughby, dear one, what is yours?"

"Speech"
3/3 navigation (fern gully)
2/3 met someone new (cannival)

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
09-14-2019, 05:17 PM

Cannival smiled wider at the delightful wolf's giggles, her ears flicking forward to capture the sound. "Oh, no dear."  She responded with a laugh of her own. "You don't want to hear a lioness' song. It's unfortunately the sort of noise that would attract the wrong kind of attention, and I don't want to disturb your night with wolves looking for a fight." Chances were that scores of wolves would respond to a lioness' roar, eager for the fighting skill or even her pelt.

She turned her head back up to the moon as the woman did, admiring it's brilliant glow. "My name is Cannival."  The lioness responded, exceptionally glad for Willoughby's friendly demeanor. She thought back to the last few seasons and could count on one paw the number of wolves she'd met that were as peaceful and kind. "What brings you to these lands?" Her voice broke the silence once more, eager to keep up the small talk. "Myself I came from a marketplace, a vile place if I might say."

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Willoughby

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Heloise
09-15-2019, 12:31 PM

the lioness refused to sign along with her, but she understood. though she did have to speak a bit about it. "nonsense; there's no better joy in the world than experiencing new things" the woman added brightly, naive to the fact that the lioness' roar would attract unwanted attention despite her even saying it herself. Willoughby felt it was a shame that the other had to keep her singing to herself because of it. were wolves here that territorial? "maybe one day, you could bless me with your voice? I would so love to hear it." perhaps in an area more private than the open like this.

Cannival was the name given to the lioness' face. Bee nodded whimsically, her head bopping along with an unknown tune called Life. "oh, not much..." the greenette would state with a sad little smile "perhaps I wish to settle down somewhere, once my wanderlust is sated" her life had been a full cycle of wandering, looking for something she could call her own. especially after her significant other had passed. she felt restless and without direction. to fill the void, she wanted to learn. "but a vile marketplace...? what was so vile about it?" trading goods and services should be another celebration. she had hoped to find one so she could purchase map supplies.

"Speech"
3/3 met someone new (cannival)

Cannival

Loner

gems
size
Other species
build
Medium
player

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
09-15-2019, 02:36 PM

Cannival thought the wolf endearing, and she wished she could sing along with her and still enjoy a peaceful night. Perhaps one day somewhere the two of them could sing to the moon and admire it's brilliant glow together, but that day was distant and the place she hadn't yet seen. "One day."  She repeated softly, hoping the two of them might indeed meet again. "I'd like to settle down myself, I've been toying with the idea of claiming some land for my friends and I to enjoy. Perhaps if I ever do, you could come visit."  It would be nice to have a home of her own where she never had to worry about frightening a wolf again, somewhere where she could teach and learn and perhaps even one day raise a child.

At the marketplace mention her smile dropped, her tail whipping through the air at annoyance at the very idea of the viking's trades. "At first glance they appeared normal. Supplies and food and baubles for sale." Her voice grew harder, more angry. "But they sell creatures there. Not just wolves but horses and critters and even children!"  Cannival was glad the only captive she'd recognized was the small Ramesh. He was so silly and lost to reality that he barely cared to be held against his will. She'd bought his freedom regardless, but at what price?

"Speech"
"Thinking"
"You."

Willoughby

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Heloise
09-26-2019, 04:17 PM

Cannival spoke of claiming some land, and Willoughby would wonder if a lion could do such a thing in this very apparent wolf land. though the woman was not against such ideas, she could understand some panic if a lion's lair was discovered. especially near a pack's land. "yes" however, she replied quiet brightly to the offer to visit "I am too much of a vagabond to claim land, but I have heard of groups that wander here in Boreas. perhaps one of them will put up with me?" she giggled, though her joy was quick to turn to ash.

the lioness explained that it appeared normal, the market, until she revealed the cause for alarm. Willoughby gasped lightly, shocked and disgusted despite her very neutral nature. they sold wolves? not just wolves but other species, according to Cannival. how... how vile. she valued her freedom above all else, and the thought of it being taken away by another... not only her own freedom but the countless that had been sold at that marketplace, was precious to her. even if she knew not their names or faces. everyone should have a choice. "that is truly disturbing" the woman closed her eyes, gladdened she had been warned.

"what are the names of these people? are they a group or... are they rogues?" Bee asked gently, hoping not to rile up her new friend but also needing to know for her safety.

"Speech"
3/3 met someone new (cannival)