Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-18-2019, 04:42 PM

She’d spent two days lingering outside Corpseghoul swamp, waiting for her ankle to heal. The pain had subsided enough that she could walk for a few hours without needing a rest.
It had been eight days since the encounter with the healer who called herself Rose. In exchange for treating Deity’s sprained ankle, Rose had asked her to travel up north in search of a rare herb. Now Deity was bound to a debt that her own morals forced her to repay. There was a reason Deity had never been North: she didn’t do well in the cold. Now she had to travel up there as autumn fell— not an ideal situation.
Deity stood at the Northern tip of Southern Boreas, facing the beginning of a long plateau. Bits of metal in strange formations pierced the earth, and Deity had an... uncanny feeling about this place. There was a lingering heaviness in the air, almost like a hundred ghostly arms were tearing at her fur, begging for help, help...
She shook her coat with a chuff. She didn’t believe in spirits, no, but nonetheless, she didn’t like this place. Wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. Unfortunately, her ankle had other ideas: it throbbed and complained, forcing her to take a short rest before her travels continued. A large block of metal lay just ahead, and though it gave her chills (it was enormous, and looked frozen in time, forced to rear towards the sky for all eternity) she decided to hunker by it to rest for a bit.
”Speech”

And so our haloes became collars and golden chains; our proud, shining divinity became the very thing that bound us.

Koloskivi

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
11-10-2019, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2019, 03:14 PM by Koloskivi.)
[OOC: I noticed that this is an old thread, i hope your okay with me responding. When he speaks, try to picture it with a Russian accent]

Paws carried him where they willed, and he did well to follow as he found himself traveling south and west, south and west. Every morning the sunlight bathed the beast in sheets of amber warmth, easing him from empty sleeps and dreams alike. As ambitious as Koloskivi was, he also found a sort of hollow pride in treading through all sorts of terrain. As though, by merely passing through, he were laying some sort of half-assed claimed itself. A shell of his former self.
But for now he made his way to the flattened land, there he would bathe himself in the suns glory.

- ♔ - Silently he would assess the terrain, finding it not so rich in life, but the aura of its life could not mesh with his own. As much as he could acknowledge the importance of having a sustainable food supply and a healthy territory, there was also that terrible nagging deep inside - anything less than theatrical and intriguing would not settle. So Koloskivi would find himself mingling through the the scattered trees, low lying brush, and metal scraps. Debris shifting under each step as the soothing ambiance around him fell upon long ears. There was nothing here for him other than meat to fill ann empty stomach, metal to throw around, and the peeking sun to warm his flesh; nothing more than a tool to fulfill his needs.

- ♔ - A fledgling robin stumbled down a winding tree as it attempted to follow its parents, weak and half-feathered wings flapping uselessly. The warning calls of its parents echoed above the beast, whose darkened gaze zoned in and focused on the easy prey. Before the fumbling chick could even make it to the ground, massive jaws lurched out and snapped shut with a sickening crunch. High-pitched screeches from the robins above rang in his ears, but their fury was naught to the wolf. His black tongue lapped and wrapped around the bite of flesh as he forced it down his throat in a messy swallow.

- ♔ - With a nonchalance that perhaps mocked the youth's death, Koloskivi continued to weave between the metal scraps, ignoring the birds as they fluttered and dove against his head. Wickedly-flapping wings and pecking beaks doing nothing but irritate the predator. After a minute or two of his unintentional followers, the beast would swing about and, with bared fangs and a deep, impatient grumbling, snapped his fangs once more, this time at the mortified parents. With terrified squawks they fluttered and fled, perching from afar to continue their verbal assaults. He fancied birds, more or less the big ones. But when it came to small woodland bird; they annoyed him very much so. Only after a few moments did he notice the presence of another whom rested by a block of scrap metal. The beast approached the female, the youthful feathered rat still dripping from his maw. "Vat is little delicate flower like your self," he rumbled. "doingk in graveyard of war?"
Speech- ♔ -Think

Deity

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-13-2019, 11:17 PM

[OOC: Yes that is absolutely fine!! Pardon the sloppy response, I’m a bit rusty]
The sun had prevented Deity from sleeping, such was her discomfort, so she’d been keeping herself somewhat entertained by licking the sand from between her front toes when a noise exploded nearby. Birds— robins?— flapped their wings and let out agonized shrieks, dive-bombing a hulking figure. Canine.
Deity raised her nose to the sky, trying to catch the stranger’s scent before he got close. Luckily, the wind was blowing right towards her.
It smelled musky, masculine. A he, then. Heading towards her from the same direction she’d come from. Perhaps they were going to the same place?
She squashed the thought as soon as it entered her mind. She had to exercise some form of caution— the birds’ ruckus set her on edge. He could be dangerous. Plus, she had a debt to repay, and couldn’t risk distractions. Rose needed her herbs soon, and it was Diety’s job to get them to her.
So Deity laid low: she decided to rest a moment more. The male might just pass her by.
Except he didn’t: he came closer and closer. Deity watched him all the way, closely, not announcing her presence but making no attempt to mask it. The stranger then noticed her with a start, only a few feet away.
His coat was black and brown, and he was even larger than Deity had initially thought. A Dire? Perhaps. Blood coated his maw, sparking an inkling of fear in Deity’s chest. He could be dangerous.
He approached and asked his question. For a moment, Deity lay silent, brow furrowed. It sounded as though he’s spoken complete gibberish. The fog in her mind quickly broke, and she understood he had an accent. Strong, but not indecipherable.
Delicate flower, she repeated silently. graveyard of war.
“I, um,” Deity began, stuttering a bit. Caution. He could be dangerous. ”I’m on a mission,” she said vaguely. ”And yourself?”
”Speech”

And so our haloes became collars and golden chains; our proud, shining divinity became the very thing that bound us.

Koloskivi

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
11-15-2019, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 02:30 AM by Koloskivi.)
[OOC: Trust me, your responses will be way better than  mine!]
The Blackblood could tell that fear had crept into her bones; ripping at her instinct to flee. Koloskivi tried to look at her way, a giant male approaching her with bird blood dripping from his maw plus the fact that he was quite taller than her; more bulky too. A sense of empathy rose from the beast, though his expression never changed. When he spoke before, she still seemed on edge; his accent was absolutely no help either The beast had guessed she had understood it because it looked like a light bulb had went off in her brain; he chuckled. Nevertheless, Koloskivi stayed and listened and spoke when needed
"Mission," he replied. "Vat kind? There are many mission types." If the she-wolf wanted to tell him, she could tell him. If she didn't and lied about it, he wouldn't really care. She had every right to do what ever she wanted, for he was the one whom intruded. "Eh, valking around. Scaring birds," he huffed."Eating them."  As he liked that last little drops of feathered rat blood off his maw and tiny little thought crept into his mind. Koloskivi hadn't intoduced himself. His dark ears sprang forward and he dipped his head.
"Please excuse my rudeness. I am Koloskivi Roux. And delicate flower must be?" If she wanted to tell him her real name, she could tell him. If she wanted to use a fake name to mask her identity for he own sake, he still wouldn't care. Koloskivi assessed the she-wolf fir the first time. She was a normal sized she wolf, but her build was quite small; light and quick to move. The beast noticed a slightly swelled aw, but to not be rude he payed no mind of it.
"Speak"- ♔ -  Think

Deity

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
11-16-2019, 11:34 AM

Despite her best sense, Deity felt comfortable with the male. His demeanor was so friendly that she couldn’t help letting her guard down. She listened to his responses, and opened her mouth to answer the question when his ears shot up— he must have realized something. The male then inclined his head and introduced himself as Koloskivi.
”Koloskivi,” she repeated, letting the name roll off her tongue. It was certainly foreign, and matched his accent. Beautiful, too, the way the syllables seemed to flow up and down. She inclined her head as well. Perhaps she should stand? It seemed impolite to stay down like this. The throbbing in her ankle, however, disagreed. She’d lay down a bit longer.
”I am Deity,” she replied. ”It’s nice to meet you. And my mission is to retrieve an herb from Gale Gorge and return it to a witch, Rose, in Corpseghoul Swamp.” She eyed him, then added: ”You don’t happen to be heading the same way?”
”Speech”

Koloskivi

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
11-16-2019, 10:48 PM
"It is splendid to meet you, Ms. Deity!" A smile strode across his face gallantly, his teeth were laced by his black lips. The she-wolf repeated his name, of course this made his smile more, and he chuckled to himself. It felt good not having someone stare at you awkwardly when he spoke. It felt even better when they responded willingly and without nervousness too. The beast awkwardly raised his head from his introduction. The smile faded as she spoke, what were these places that she spoke of? Who was Rose?
"If i may ask," the beast said. "Vhat is the places you speak of?" Koloskivi pondered on whether or not to ask her a million questions or to just sit and listen. So he did both. He let his ears droop as confusion dragged them down. "Vhere is Gale Gorge?" The beast leaned to one side and let the she wolf speak. Well he did need to get off his butt so he would go with her. "Ms. Deity, i head in all directions, a may not know who or vhat this Gale Gorge or Rose is," he stated in all honesty. The beast hasn't really been here that long but it would be nice to get to know these lands. "But i vill go, i vill go with you to meet this Rose. Only if you vant."

"Speak"- ♔ - Think

Deity

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
04-03-2020, 07:05 PM

Deity found her ears pricking at his response. A traveler, like her? She assumed that was what he meant by “head in all directions.” The thought of having a companion sent a bit of a thrill through her, set something in her stomach aflutter. She opened her mouth to respond, excited, when a deep part of her consciousness, a familiar part, whispered to her.
I need no one.
She needed no one. She couldn’t afford to rely on someone else. But, then again... company would be nice. The more she traveled these lands, she realized, the more she found herself craving companionship. The lonely days became lonelier each time she met someone new.
Weak.
Maybe she was getting soft. But this wolf seemed kind— his smile spread easily over his face and his eyes twinkled with a polite sort of mirth, and a part of her was pulled towards him. She thought he’d make a nice friend.
She would leave it up to Fate, she decided. If he chose to accompany her, she wouldn’t argue, but if a wolf like him refused to head up North, she wouldn’t object.
“Gale Gorge is somewhere North— not too far from here. I met Rose in the swamplands, and she healed my ankle for me. To repay her, I need to gather an herb for her. Wolfsbane,” she said, tilting her head, eyes peering into Koloskivi’s with a quiet perception. “If you do want to come with, I can’t say I would mind the company.”
**OOC
Yes so this thread is months old by now— I lulled but I’m back online!
”Speech”