gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Talula
08-20-2019, 03:03 PM
A yawn split the jaws of a young wolf-pup as his eyes blinked in the first rays of the sunlight that beamed into his makeshift den. Outside of his warm little bed he knew that there would be a slight chill in the air and he dreaded having to get up and meet it. Scrunching his nose he buried it under his black tipped paw and uttered a noise, his mossy bed was soft, warm and welcoming and seemed to want to pull him back into a sleep but the grumbling of his belly urged him to get up and find something worth eating.

Shifting in his bed he rolled over before pushing himself to his paws, moss hanging off of one ear. Stifling another yawn, the young brute shook out his pelt and crawled out from under the bushes he had claimed has his the night before. "Now then.." he mumbled to himself "Where to find a bit of food." his blue eyes traveled the area around him, taking in the scenery. Yes, the land around him was quite beautiful and for a split second held him in awe of it before the grumbling of his belly called him back to his current problem. He was hungry.

Sniffing the air. his senses were met with varying smells that the land offered to his nose but was met with nothing that could satisfy his urges so moving on the pup ventured away from his makeshift nest and made his way to the frozen lake. "Might as well see if there is anything down this way" he told himself aloud.

Altair

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-20-2019, 03:26 PM
Altair was off busying herself practicing fishing in her homeland of the North. Despite her father's best wishes of being present with her, she wanted to take some time to herself and practice catching some fish, possibly even bringing some back to the pack so that the members could have some as well...if she could find a way to carry it all back of her efforts were successful. She heaved a slight sigh as her eyes focused heavily on the frigid water. Autumn had come faster than the pup would like to admit, but, it made it a little harder for her to catch her meal as well. Some of the hares she was able to grab some time ago would now slowly start to sport a white coat which made finding them a little harder; but nothing that her nose wouldn't be able to locate.

Her fishing practice with Dominus was in good use as she waited for a perfect opening to snatch something to fill her belly and her family's. Her tail swayed slightly in excitement as her dual-colored orbs kept watch of the silvery creatures that reflected the sunlight off their scales like a mirror. When one came close to where her jaws were located, she quickly snapped her jaw around it, the body of the prey wobbling in protest. The size of it was definitely larger than what the pup would like, trying her best not to topple over as she placed the prey down in front of her, pushing it over to the side once she dealt a killing blow and continued with her hunt, hoping to catch a few more before she went back to the ship.

Kraken

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Talula
08-20-2019, 03:50 PM
Upon approaching the lake Kraken's blue gaze widened at the site. It was beautiful, or at least it was to him. Twitching his nose he once more breathed in the scents around him and picked up the smell of the water, hare, freshly caught fish and a wolf.. Wait, a wolf? His shoulder fur began to bristle faintly, not out of fear or out of hostility but curiosity as it had been some time since he had come across a wolf and his last encounter hadn't been fun. Scrunching his nose he sat a moment and pondered on what he should do, was the wolf hostile or would it be nice enough to not attack him.

"Rabbit-brain" he muttered to himself "Why are you being such a fraidy pup? You disgust me!" he spat at himself before standing and venturing forwards following the smell of the wolf and the freshly caught fish. His mouth watered at the smell but the scent of wolf urged him to be cautious and think before he acted. Edging nearer he finally caught sight of the wolf that the scent belonged to and his ears perked with slight interest for it was just a pup, like him! There wasn't much a pup could do, was there? He tilted his head slightly as he thought of his next move when the call of a black bird startled him and sent him tumbling towards the water, landing with a thud near the other pup. "Ouch" he grunted as he sat up rubbing his ear with a paw and pausing when he realized he had landed quiet close to the female. "Erm.." he squeaked.

Altair

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-20-2019, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2019, 04:03 PM by Altair.)
The alabaster she-pup was just about to snag another fish when some unknown sound happened to catch her ears as they twitched in the direction they came from. His eyes widened slightly when she turned her cranium to notice another pup happened to come across her; though, by the way he looked when he happened to join her, it wasn't purposefully. He seemed to have fallen as she tilted her cranium in curiosity. He didn't seem to belong to anyone from the pack, at least from what she knew. His coloration and markings didn't seem to fit anyone from Winterfell, but, perhaps he was a loner and happened to wind up here like she did?

She looked at him and gave a small smile, hoping that he knew she wouldn't hurt him. She was not one to hurt someone without knowing their intention, or if they just suddenly attacked her. But, her calm and gentle nature always seemed to find her in these situations...as well as her curiosity.

"Are you alright?" She asked, seeing the small trail that the young male had left after his fall, the bits of snow that spread apart as very noticeable. "I haven't seen you around in the area before. May I ask your name?" She asked, standing beside her prize fish that she caught a couple minutes prior to meeting him.

Kraken

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Talula
08-20-2019, 04:18 PM
Embarrassment shot through him like fire and he sat up straight, his blue eyes revealing nothing as he looked the female up and down, for a moment silence reigned over him and he felt the familiar feeling of the bitter half of him rising but swallowing the young brute flicked and ear and licked his chest fur before looking back up at the female. "Of course I'm okay, I meant to do that" he responded with a puff of his chest fur. "It is quite fun sliding down on the snow like that and I do it often" the male cleared his throat hoping he had convinced her but his clear distaste of the white, fluffy cold substance was evident as he shook a paw with a grunt.

"My name? Hum..." he blinked rapidly as if not prepared to answer this question but finally grinned boldly and thumped his tail. "I go by the name Kraken and.." he slowed, his boldness going out like a light. "I am a rogue, I'm new to these parts." he added quickly.

"Who are you? Do you live here? Have I crossed on to your territory?" his questions came out like rapid fire. "There aren't any other wolves around are there?" he added the next question as he looked around quickly hoping that the two were alone rather then having another wolf, a much bigger and scarier wolf join them and possibly eat him. Flattening his ears to his skull he stuck his tongue out at the thought. Apparently manners were not something that this wolf knew and if he did the pup completely ignored them, his blunt nature flaring hot inside his chest.

Altair

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-20-2019, 04:46 PM
This pup certainly was different than all the others she had met upon her pack. He was far different than what the young pup was used to, and his nature definitely piqued her interest as she tilted her cranium slightly in curiosity. She wondered if her father could possibly accept him into the pack, even if they were not to be siblings, at least he wouldn't freeze or be alone out in these parts. To the child, it didn't matter who you were; if Mother Nature's world was starting to become unbearable for someone, the last thing she would want to do is turn them down when it came to a possible home...Especially someone who was as young as she was.

She gave a light-hearted chuckle to the young male as she smiled, her tail swaying against the snow as she looked to the fish that was in front of her. "No, this is a neutral territory, though my home is not too far from here when it comes to my pack, the last thing any of us want to do is hurt you. My father, though we're not related by blood, took me in when I had no family...Perhaps he could do the same for you if you would like to join?" She asked, if he said no she wouldn't force him to join for it was his decision. Her kind heart always led her to doing things like this; and she wanted to be the leader that accepted anyone so long as they do what they're told and don't do anything to endanger the pack. But, considering how young he was, and it wasn't her pack; it was her adopted mother and father's decision to decide should he wish to join.

"Also, it is very nice to meet you, Kraken, my name is Altair. Would you possibly like this fish? I was going to give it to the pack but you're welcome to have it if you're hungry," She assured, her warm smile never leaving her face.

Kraken

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Talula
08-20-2019, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2019, 08:32 PM by Kraken.)
The male sat down and tilted his head, his blue gaze looking at her curiously. She didn't seem bothered by the many questions he had rudely thrown at her and in fact had turned around and said that perhaps her father may let him join the pack. His curiosity instantly turned to a weary look and he puffed up his fur to make himself look bigger then he was. "I thank you kindly." he said, forming the words carefully as if he had memorized them from someone "But I do not think your pack will take to me." he said with a dip of his head.

This she-pup was an odd ball, but he liked her, usually a wolf, regardless of age, would snap at his rain of questions that came on as quick as he could think of something new to ask and usually that ended up being endless. Twitching his ears he offered a slight bold smile as she spoke her name and mimicking her words he said with a slight bounce "It's very nice to meet you as well" the young brute spoke quickly and hearing her next words a look of excitement passed into his eyes but died instantly as he recalled his mother's words 'Never take food from others'. Licking his jowls the pup shook his head "Thank you very much Altair but I have eaten already, I found a few berries not to far from my nest" he said with a wag of his fluffy tail. "How did you catch it?" he asked curiously standing up to look closer at the water beyond the pup.

Altair

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-20-2019, 08:50 PM
The way that Kraken licked his lips, the young she-pup had doubted his words. And, his rejection to joining the pack she was a part of did make her feel a little sad. She was worried that he wouldn't last when the winter months came, she barely could until she had met her adopted father; and his teachings already had meant a lot to the young child. But, she would respect his wishes as she nodded her crown in understanding, "Alright, but if you ever wish to join, you can meet me back here," she spoke with a warm smile, wanting him to know that he could be himself around her. His next question however made Altair's tail wag as she grinned and walked over to the body of water.

"I basically watch to see if any fish are swimming near me," she informed, bringing her head close to the lake's edge. "And then I just quickly snatch onto a fish that's close by lunging towards it," she made sure that her paws were balanced and connected to the ground so she didn't plummet into the cold water. When an opportunity presented itself, she showed a quick example and quickly snapped onto the fish that came by. Luckily, it was a nice size that she would be able to keep her balance and not fall over, it was the perfect size for a young pup as she wagged her tail and pushed the prey item closer to Kraken. "I insist you take this one for you to eat at your den. You never know when your next meal will be, I've been in your paws before."

Kraken

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Talula
08-21-2019, 03:38 PM
Kraken returned his gaze to the female as she spoke again of the pack. What was so special of a pack? he thought bitterly to himself as he shook his head to clear his thoughts packs were only full of wolves that would look at you funny if you wanted to do something you believed might be fun. Yes, packs to him were odd but he smiled and nodded his head "If I think of it again and think I might like it I will search for you again here" he promised with a twitch of one ear as he wondered what her father might be like. Was he scary like other alphas? Flattening his ears he made a noise in his throat only for his ears to go back up as he saw the female moving towards the water.

Standing the male moved after her, stopping a few pawsteps away from the water to see what she was doing. Curiosity burned hot inside of him as he watched and listened closely. Letting out a yelp of surprise when she caught the fish he stumbled back and looked at her wide eyed. She was practically self-sufficient and he could barely catch the annoying flies that some times buzzed around his head. "Wow!" he puffed "That was amazing" he added as he looked from the fish to the female pup then back again as she pushed the prey to him. "But it.." he started then stopped as his stomach rumbled loudly. Growling, he shot a glare at his stomach and barked "Quiet you!" giving it another long look he finally brought his eyes up to look at the female "My stomach lies you know, I am not as hungry as it makes it sound!" he tried to reason but realizing he was failing and miserably he stopped and nodded his head. "okay, thank you."

Altair

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
08-22-2019, 03:59 PM
Watching Kraken and his little antics made the alabaster she-pup smile. Her little tail swayed freely as she watched him for a little bit of time, obviously astounded by her fishing skills by the little yelp and proclaiming how amazing it was. He should have seen her hunting partner, he was way more skilled than she was. But, at least she would be able to grab a meal for either herself or even her family members. She would be sure to give some of the fish she caught to her family, knowing that her adopted mother was expecting and it made her extremely excited to have some siblings she could potentially play with and teach.

However, her thoughts soon left her mind when she heard the grumble coming from the male's stomach, telling his stomach to stay quiet as she gave a light-hearted chuckle. "You're welcome, but please don't ever hesitate to ask for help; that's one thing living with a new family has taught me. We all look out for each other, and I want to be able to help you too even if only a little bit," she assured, giving him a little bit of space to eat his meal in peace. She would be sure to bring her last fish to her father and mother, with it being the larger of the two fish; plus it would be a nice meal for them and would also be cool for her to show them what she had learned. "At least now you'd be able to catch some fish during the fall and winter months when you can."

Kraken

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Talula
08-22-2019, 04:20 PM
Hearing her laugh the pup eyed her for a moment before he , too, laughed. He was used to being on his own now and often talked to himself and often hushed the noises that sounded from within his stomach, finding them irritating and bothersome. The pup then looked to the fish and back to the female pup before an idea popped into his head. "Let us share this one" he said nodding to the fish she had just caught a moment ago. "And you can tell me of your pack, if you wish" he said with a twitch of his ears. He half hoped she would say yes so they didn't have to split just yet for he was dreadfully lonely most times and being around the other pup reminded him of the sensation.

Nudging the fish he tiled his head, his ears flopping slightly as he did. "it will be much more enjoyable and it is the only way I can think of to thank you properly" his blue eyes grew hopeful that she would stay and eat with him and while they did perhaps he could learn of her pack and think about possibly joining it if it was allowed.

Altair

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
09-08-2019, 04:44 PM

Altair
Altair thought for a moment as she listened to Kraken's words. It was rather sweet of him to wanting to share the fish as she smiled warmly, nodding her crown to his statement as she walked over and munched a little bit of the fish that she caught. She figured she might as well let Kraken have the rest, there was no telling when he would be having his next meal, and she wanted to help anyone she could. However, he did ask her to bring up information about her pack that she was a part of, thinking about the most important things before her smile widened some more.

"Well...as I said, my adopted father is the King of the pack, and m adopted mother a knight. In this pack...I consider us all one big, happy family. They were there for me when I was at my lowest, and for that I would forever be grateful. I...just thought that my family might be able to bring you a family too, or at least a place to reside in and learn what it takes to be on your own." She informed him with a gentle smile, hoping that he understood her reasoning. It would be nice to have a friend within the pack, someone she could help teach and they could learn together.

"Speech"

Kraken

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Talula
09-25-2019, 03:57 PM
Kraken watched her as she ate some of the fish, happiness swelling in his belly at the sight of his new 'friend' sharing food with him. His tail swept across the ground four times before coming to a stop and curling around his large, out-of-proportion, paws. Waiting until she had had her fill the young brute let his gaze travel around the snow-coated ground his ears twitching as he listened for signs of danger before turning back when he heard the female pup's voice beginning to explain the pack.

The entire pack was like family? Curiosity at the thought of a family that big overwhelmed him causing him to shake his head. "sounds busy to me." he said with wide eyes before settling down on his stomach to nibble at the fish gratefully. At the first bite his looked up with shock "This is amazing!' he gasped "I've never had fish," he stated as he swallowed the bite he had taken "It is an interesting flavor." the young male tilted his cranium as he looked from the fish to the she-wolf "What made you accept being adopted into the pack?" he asked "Did you not like being free to roam around without any rules?" Out here by oneself they followed no rules, not ones parents set and not ones a pack set. While yes he knew deep down rules were placed to keep one safe but rules also seemed to make things boring and 'caged' one in a small area, keeping them from doing things that one might find exciting.

Altair

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
09-25-2019, 09:00 PM

Altair
The celestial femme's coat blew within the gentle breeze of the wind. The cold was slowly starting to take it's toll on her, but she stood firm and continued to chat with her new friend. He was most certainly an interesting fellow the young she-wolf had to admit. She had been by herself for quite some time just like he was; yet he was calling pack life 'busy'?

Sure, it could be at times, but everyone has a role to play within the makings of a pack. There were some looking for danger to keep the pack safe, new territory, prey, etc. Everyone had something they could be doing and learning to help one another, much like a family would.

Altair chuckled as she nodded her crown in response, "Yes, it can be rather busy, but we're all looking out for each other, and that's the important thing." Dual-toned eyes watched Kraken with interest, smile widening when he explained about the fish and how it tasted. It did have a rather unique flavor unlike elk or rabbit, but at least it was something he could catch by himself whenever he was needing some form of sustenance.

"As for being adopted into the pack, the leader just asked me. He wants to mentor me- to help me lead a pack of my own some day. That's something I always wanted to do since my old father was one for a time until I joined Winterfell," the pup explained, hoping to give some form of context the best way she could.

"Speech"

Kraken

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Talula
09-26-2019, 09:23 PM
Kraken listened to her carefully and nodded his head politely. It seemed he had the wrong idea of a pack he had imagined pack life to be busy like a honey bee's home, buzzing to and fro and dancing from flower to flower. The young male grinned as he pictured bees fluttering from one flower to the next, drinking deeply. The male was so intent on his thoughts that his eyes seemed dazed and only snapped back to attention when she mentioned being adopted into the pack and that the Alpha had wished to mentor her to help her become an alpha one day.

"You want to be an Alpha? Wouldn't that be hard work?" he asked with wide eyes, a new respect showing in them as he stared at the young female. She was certain a determine young thing if her dream was to lead a pack and certainly more willing to take on the responsibilities that came with it. Awe danced in his eyes as he looked her up and down. "I don't think I could ever be an Alpha, I am to short tempered" he said with a toothy smile "I'd go around saying; 'OFF WITH THEIR HEAD!'" his blue eyes danced playfully as he gulped down with the rest of the fish and sat up licking his lips. "But I do think it is a wonderful idea, from what I have seen so far you are a very kind and just wolf!"