size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Trick 2019
08-22-2019, 09:46 AM
Red waited politely off to the side, working, while Aurielle greeted the newcomers who hadn't made it the day before. Before it got too busy, he cleared his throat and murmured, "Could I have a word, Aurielle, when you are finished?" before moving aside to a more sheltered area. There was a faint chill in these early mornings in autumn, and while the cold didn't bother him enough to need to shelter from it, he didn't want their conversation to be as much in the public eye. While he waited he absently rolled a bit of birchbark into a wide cylinder. He had a pot of pine pitch glue he had heated that morning, and he carefully scooped a bit out of the pot with a stick carved something like a cross between a spoon and a spatula, carefully not getting any of the glue on his paws, and smoothed it into the spot where the two ends met. He held it there while it cooled and hardened to keep the birchbark into that shape. A second smaller bit of birchbark capped the end, with another dab of glue to hold it there. Scooping up a bit more, he worked it into the center of the cylinder to coat the entire interior, spreading it carefully so that it didn't ooze down before it hardened, until the entire interior wall was coated in a hard, waterproof layer. The exterior was given the same treatment before he set the tube aside and capped the pot of glue to let it cool again. He would make a removable cap for it later, but he could see that wolves were beginning to stir, and the newcomers drift off to the various interesting festival pursuits.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
08-23-2019, 03:22 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

A pleasant smile fluttered over the Spirit’s features as Red ducked into the group of newcomers long enough to request a word with her. It wasn’t long after that she managed to find time – the trickle of new wolves had eased – and she slipped away, following his scent amid the crisscross of Nomads and Festival guests’ trails.

When she reached his shelter, Red was in the midst of a project, and she approached silently, sitting to the side and watching with interest as he crafted the project. She was content to let him finish what he was doing, especially since it was interesting to watch.

When he did finish, she smiled, announcing herself with a gently cough before she asked easily, “How go the festivities?”

Her tail flicked to settle over the ground at her side as she studied the man, curious as to what he had wanted to discuss.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Red

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (55)

Intermediate Hunter (50)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Trick 2019
09-04-2019, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2019, 04:26 PM by Red.)
As he set aside his crafting supplies he glanced up to meet Aurielle's smile. He returned it with one of his own and sat back. "Lady Aurielle," he greeted, inclining his head respectfully. "I've been enjoying them. Your festival has attracted quite the variety of wolves, and it's been a pleasure to wolf-watch." He gave a rumbling chuckle. "I'm hoping to get some of my wares sold, get my name out there so as folk know to come by me when they're in need of something." He shook out his spikey mane and glanced critically over the container he'd been making. Certainly one of the plainer things he'd made, so far, but he did plan to try something to add some color to the resin coating it later. It might sell, it might not. If it wasn't up to his standards for selling, he'd keep it and use it for storage. "Ah, but that is not why I asked to see you," he said, dragging his attention back with an apologetic smile. "I apologize if my bluntness now seems rudeness, but for the sake of not wasting any of your time, I will ask you straight out - are you accepting new wolves into your pack? I have observed you and your pack on several occasions now and believe your values align with my own, and, if you'd have me, I do feel I have skills that would be beneficial to you. I am a guardian and hunter, though my passion is my crafting. I dip my paw into a variety of other skills as well, though I haven't the aptitude to master them." His voice remained calm and quiet, revealing no sign of nervousness or desperation. Just calm, matter-of-fact practicality. He didn't need to join Valhalla. He would survive without it. His seeking to join was a choice, and while being turned down would be a disappointment, it wasn't one that would cause him any harm, so he didn't wait with bated breath so much as he did respectful interest for her answer.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
09-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

A pleased smile settled onto Aurielle’s features as Red spoke of his enjoyment of the festivities, nodding understanding as he spoke of his hopes. He would see how his wares did soon enough—she would be singing the start of the first Fair soon.

She cocked her head as he got to the meat of his reasoning for wanting a word, and a slight grin bloomed on her jaws as he spoke of his skills, her eyes flicking toward his wares before she turned them back to the man. He wasn’t desperate, that was obvious.

Would she turn him down? Heavens no. “You have already proven your worth as both an intelligent individual, a hunter, and even as a crafter with much knowledge that would see my pack well cared for. I won’t lie, we are in dire need of ambitious wolves who are truly willing to work for a better future and a high rank.”

She settled in, then, explaining about the ranks of Valhalla, each of the Circles, both current, and planned, and how they worked. Now and then she would pause to allow him a moment to absorb, and form any questions, and consider where he wished to run in the Circles.

For all that Laisren was the highest-ranking Hunter in the Hunting Circle, thus far, she had been wholly unimpressed. The only times she saw him actively attending to his duty as a hunter, was when she called the Hunt for the Moose. Calling hunts was a major part of the Predator’s job. And he was failing utterly. And perhaps she was failing in letting him slack.

The only Circle she told him little about, was the Shadow Circle. None of the Common Pack members were to know the true purpose of that Circle—what they didn’t know could not be passed on to other packs by accident, thus stripping Valhalla of an added layer of protection from other packs that might not be amenable to alliances or non-aggression. She would have to watch the pack closely for proper prospects for that Circle to get it started, though. The best candidates would probably be nondescript wolves who were not memorably colored.

She was frank and honest with him, but it was obvious she was more than accepting him to Valhalla’s ranks.

She finished with, “If you need time to choose a Circle, would be ranked as an Outlander for the time being until you choose. What do you think?”

It was her turn to watch him with interest, head cocked as she waited for his final answer.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Red

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (55)

Intermediate Hunter (50)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Trick 2019
11-21-2019, 08:50 PM
Red listened carefully while Aurielle spoke, detailing Valhalla's rank structure. Making the occasional gesture or noise to indicate his understanding, he was otherwise quiet to hetter absorb it. He could ask questions as needed later to clarify, but he couldn't find any immediately. "Well," he began thoughtfully, "my heart lues with crafting and scholarship, but from a purely practical standpoint, I believe within your currwnt ranks I would fit most closely into your hunter's and warrior's circles. I do not know how my skills compare to the wolves already within those circles but no doubt I would need to practice heavily to earn a high rank within either circle. I would imagine I would need to start at the bottom and work my way up as I get back into practice and earn it. That is something I am more than willing to do."