gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-24-2019, 01:33 PM

The rain had finally let up as Chrysanthos continued his journey east. He was making good head way on the list of herbs he needed to gather before winter finally settled in. The air was getting swiftly colder and even the spots that tended to stay warm the longest were finally giving in. He would take this time to gather proper autumn herbs and the first on his list was Abscess Root. It was best harvested in the fall if he could just find it. He'd have the best luck along shady river banks and the weeping woods was a good place to start. Bolla rode on his pack as he continued on his way.

Moon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
08-24-2019, 01:59 PM

Though the beauty in the willows was undeniable, her eyes were lower... searching among their roots. Anything colorful would draw her in to the Willow in question as she scavenged for fall-blooming flowers. She loved flowers, but she wasn't searching simply to admire their existence- she was searching for a particular flower.

The piebald beauty wandered on thin legs that gave quiet steps, barely disturbing the ground she walked upon while she continued to apparently drift through the forest. Finally, she stumbled across them- the clustered presence of tiny blue flowers that marked her treasure better than any giant 'X' could give away.

She hovered above the flowers with a faint smile on her lips just before her black claws began tearing through them, utterly destroying their delicate lives without warning. She continued to strip away the earth until the thick of the abscess root were visible, and then she got much more cautious with her movements. The root wasn't sturdy like ginger, and she would need to be careful if she wanted to excavate a good portion in one piece.

Chrysanthos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

08-24-2019, 02:20 PM

Once they were deep in the woods they split up, Bolla going one way and Chrysanthos another. Clouds continued to gather overhead but the sky was finally lightening. That was good. He was anxious to see the sun and didn't care to have another rain storm pass through while he was out and about trying to get work done. Bolla was scrambling along the shore line when she suddenly spied the tell tall signs of abscess root. She grinned and called out. "Chrysanthos over here! I found-" The lemur froze as she suddenly caught sight of Moon. She instinctively ducked down upon the foilage, unsure if the other wolf was safe to be around.

Chrysanthos soon trotted up next to his companion and he smiled politely at the woman before he looked at the plant she was digging up. "Oh! Are you a healer? I see you've got a nice abscess root there. I'd been looking for some myself. My name is Chrysanthos Beaufort." He settled down next to the plant Bolla had found and began his own careful digging.

Moon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
08-26-2019, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2019, 05:47 PM by Moon.)

Within seconds, the dirt painted the white of her lower forelimbs while she carefully worked her digits around the curves of the roots. She tried her best to keep them safe from the sharpness of her claws while still tearing away the earth that had been their home all their lives. When she heard the lemur's voice, she paused with her paws still in the hole she had dug. Her crystal eyes shot up to watch the lemur just in time to witness it duck for cover, obviously cautious.

With a sweet smile on her closed lips, she let out a muffled giggle and dipped her head to the lemur politely. She was content on letting it go about it's business undisturbed, though she hoped her bow of greeting was enough to help the lemur's concerns about Moon's intentions. Had she been paying attention, she might have expected the male considering the lemur had been calling out to him, but his approach came as a total surprise.

Now she pulled herself away from her work as she and the lemur changed places. Suddenly, Moon was the one wary. Her muscles tensed slightly in her shoulders as her ears perked and she squared her stance.. trying not to do so all too noticeably. She didn't want to look as though she was ready for a fight, she just wanted to be ready. Luckily, he seemed friendly enough and just so happened to be looking for the same thing Moon was.

"Yes, there is plenty! Much more than I care to carry, help yourself." She let out a hushed sigh of relief before curving her lips again into a smile. It seemed that he hadn't needed her permission to start, as he had done so during her speech but she felt it was polite to invite him anyway.

"Pleasure to meet you, Chrysanthos Beaufort. I am Moonlit Wreckage. Can't help but wonder where you are from, to have such a strong name like that?" She tilted her head before relaxing herself and moving back to the hole she had dug in an attempt to get back to her work.

Chrysanthos

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player

08-26-2019, 06:26 PM

Thankfully the woman was fine with him, joining in and she introduced herself as Moonlit Wreckage. That was a pretty name. He worked away at digging around the root, his pace slowing and becoming more calculated as he neared the actual root. He didn't want to damage it more than necessary. "Ah, yes, I am from a land far from here but now Boreas is my home. What about yourself?"

With diligence he revealed the slender rootstock that was only a few inches long. There were still several stems that attached down to the root so he reaches his head down and began to snip the stems off as Bolla came over to dig beside him. Between them the finally pulled the pale root free. Chrysanthos set it down. He'd need to go ahead and get it drying. He turned to his lemur. "Thank you Bolla. Can you get the sinew, I believe we have some left." He turned to Moonlit. "Miss Moonlit, I take it you're a healer?