size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
09-16-2019, 07:11 PM
Tornach had split off from him after their brief brush with the fire and had taken off directly for the range to rescue his animals, but Chaos had more to worry about than a bunch of prey animals too stupid and docile to get themselves out of trouble. He had a pack to get out of danger, and with the wildfire sweeping along the knolls behind him, bison stampeding out of the way, and the shaking of the ground, and - almost as alarming as the wildfire itself - the pyroclastic show the volcano was putting off far too close. Panting and coughing as he raced ahead of the fire, he threw back his head and gave a hoarse howl of warning, calling for anyone in the knolls who had been sleeping there unaware of the danger they were in. He paused at the top of one of the knolls, dragging his gaze from the raging fire only a few knolls away to sweep across the land around him, searching for anyone in need of rescue.

OOC: Open to anyone who'd be in the knolls when the volcano goes up

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!
Unless otherwise mentioned as absent, assume that both Great Horned owl companions are nearby
Chaos speaks in a strong lisp, which I am usually too lazy to write

Ásvor

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - LesbianBeeventVolcano
09-16-2019, 07:59 PM
Shit - what was that? The loud crack of the volcano's eruption wasn't exactly something she expected anyone could sleep through. Not only did she hear it, but she felt it even more clearly, rattling what felt like her very core. The event was deeply unsettling, to say the least.. but what was even more unsettling was that Valdis wasn't by her side. Though she cared for Legion, her loyalty lay firstly with Valdis, and almost immediately she was overcome with worry and fear. Where was she, and what was going on?

The world quaked beneath her paws as she slid from her den, already breathless before she managed to break into a frantic run. It was only when she began to move that she realized the world quaking and cracking beneath her paws wasn't the only danger - behind her all she could see was fire in the distance, rapidly chasing down the knolls. Chaos's warning came as soon as she realized what was happening, and immediately she let loose a warning cry of her own, sounding far more panicked than she expected. By the time she found her way to Chaos, the air was growing thick with smoke, and she coughed out a question. "Have you seen Valdis?" Asvor choked, panting hard already as she perched on the pads of her paws and decided whether or not they needed to start running - or if they could go back and look for anyone in need of saving.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
09-17-2019, 07:31 AM
She hadn’t been able to sleep that night, there was something in the air.. or more accurately the ground below. Like a constant buzz or disturbance in her sensitive paws. Rhythm lay on the rock above the den that night, but was disturbed by the sudden eruption. She hadn’t been in Boreas at the time of the last eruption, but the thought brought back a very old memory. Kyarst Armada. A man she had been close to before he had disappeared from her life, he had a lung condition. He didn’t tell very many wolves, but he’d trusted her enough to mention how he’d been damaged by the eruption of a volcano. Likely it was the same one.

Rhythm heard the explosion and smelled the smoke. Just as quickly she heard Chaos call out a warning. This was going bad fast. ”Chaos!” She called out while jumping off her perch to head in his direction. She didn’t like to admit it, but if she was going to get out alive she was going to need some assistance. Her stiff movements were determined as she made her way to where he stood ahead of the flames.

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
10-21-2019, 09:05 PM
Chaos breathed out something between a curse and what might have been a prayer if he'd believed in anything, when Asvor and Rhythm both staggered up in answer to his call. He moved quickly to support Rhythm with his shoulder, throwing a sweeping glance over the flame-lit hills. No one else seemed to be coming - he wasn't sure if his warning had been too late for anyone else who made their dens here, if they'd been elsewhere, or if the fire and smoke had cut fellow escapees off from his view. He hoped that they'd simply been elsewhere, because at this point he was helpless to rescue anyone caught by the flames. Besides, he couldn't risk his father's mate in the smoke and fire, blind and elderly as she was. "I haven't seen her yet," he told Asvor, forcing calm into his voice despite the worry that clawed at his belly. "We'll keep looking for her and anyone else who needs help while we move. Right now we need to get Rhythm out of here before that fire gets closer." Or a buffalo ran over all three of them in its own panicked flight. Wouldn't that be a little ironic. "Rhythm, keep your shoulder against mine," he coughed. "I'll be your eyes."

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!
Unless otherwise mentioned as absent, assume that both Great Horned owl companions are nearby
Chaos speaks in a strong lisp, which I am usually too lazy to write